Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,318 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide (17126 Views)

Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power / Cross River Governor Presents N1.043 Trillion Budget Estimates For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2022
OriOko88:

You're just bleating like a goat,giving vague comparison here and there. Why not post the power generation of Pakistan and Bangladesh so we could see that they're also generating 5k megawatts capacity as Nigeria. They have almost d same size as Nigeria. Post their power generation now let's see. Ignoramus. The fool is saying the bigger d country the bigger the power problem. That means big countries like Russia,china and brazil too are experiencing power problems because of their big sizes. Ode ni bobo i sha. See idiotic comparison cheesy

Walahi.. Òde burúkú lọ ń bá soro
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by stano2(m): 8:10am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

THANK YOU. I WILL LICK ANYONE'S ASS WHO PROVIDES NIGERIANS WITH IMPROVED POWER SUPPLY.

IF YOU CANNOT STAND THAT, GO HANG YOURSELF. IPOB GOAT.
Anyone that criticized bad governance, is now IPOB .
You guys are really dumb to think only Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas are registered on this forum
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:10am On Sep 07, 2022
stano2:
You ended up saying nothing, i thought you were intelligent.

WHO IS THIS DUNCE?

ABEG SWERVE JARE.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2022
stano2:
Anyone that criticized bad governance, is now IPOB .
You guys are really dumb to think only Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas are registered on this forum

MR GOOD GOVERNANCE. If they give you ministerial position today, swear you will not line your pockets.

NATION OF LOUD-MOUTHED HYPOCRITES.

I've learnt to appreciate any good development coming from the govt because I know that 99% of you are THIEVES and potential looters who would not hesitate to enrich yourselves and turn 'big boy' overnight if given even an ounce of political power.

SO GET LOST with your holier-than-thou bullcrap.

NA ME FIT UNA.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by kumulus(m): 8:12am On Sep 07, 2022
Ha!!!

5days and counting….

3 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

You're talking rubbish. People never reported having 4 days of continuous supply or 23 hrs supply a day in previous 'rainy seasons'.

Mumu... 23hrs a day na normal thing for my side.. No b new thing, but for this same Naija, I don visit places wey be say na once a week.. This year na only during Grid collapse I on Gen
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by drlateef: 8:13am On Sep 07, 2022
RobsonsTARz:

Did you knock the door of your own electricity company before the improvement in your area?

Yes we do, on regular basis. We don’t sit and wait for government.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:22am On Sep 07, 2022
Gabaleve:

Mumu... 23hrs a day na normal thing for my side.. No b new thing, but for this same Naija, I don visit places wey be say na once a week.. This year na only during Grid collapse I on Gen

WE ARE TALKING GENERALLY, NOT ONLY ''YOUR SIDE''.

DONKEY.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by ogatboy(m): 8:23am On Sep 07, 2022
It seems we are going back in Nigeria. In Jonathan's government we got to over 6000 MW, now we are celebrating over 5000 MW. Celebrating mediocrity is synonymous to Nigerians
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 8:23am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Ode, I said among DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, it is a fact that the bigger the country (eg India, Pakistan, Bangladesh), the more acute the power problems. So why are you mentioning Russia and China? Are those developing nations?
Pakistan power crisis
https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Pakistan-blackouts-choke-economy-as-China-power-plants-go-unpaid

India power crisis
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/explained-why-india-is-facing-longest-power-cuts-in-6-years/articleshow/91198487.cms

As far as power generation, Nigeria's issue is not power generation capacity but rather power distribution. So asking us to name Pakistan's generation is irrelevant. Nigeria's installed power generation capacity is over 13,000 megawatts which is sufficient in the short to medium term. The ongoing Siemens power deal (which you know nothing about) is aimed at improving the national grid and its distribution capacity, so that the nation can generate and distribute more power across the country.

Mumu u shot urself on the foot with this link... Ur link shows Pakistan produces 10 times more than Nigeria..
India produces 40times more than Nigeria so what exactly are you trying to justify?

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by blackboy(m): 8:23am On Sep 07, 2022
From what I suspect the gas plants for generation must be a scam.
Nigeria must be heavily reliant on hydro for electricity. When the dry season comes ....hmmmm
Gas is now being diverted for export. With the war in Ukraine and Russia not sharing its gas....and NNPC not wanting to divert gas for power and the oil companies too not wanting.... blackout go strong if dry season is like that in Europe.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2022
Gabaleve:

Mumu u shot urself on the foot with this link... Ur link shows Pakistan produces 10 times more than Nigeria..
India produces 40times more than Nigeria so what exactly are you trying to justify?

Bumbling illiterate. Pakistan has installed capacity of 41,000 mw and Nigeria 13,000 mw. Where did you see ''10 times''?

India has a population of 1.2 billion, equivalent to all of AFRICA, plus an annual budget of 527 billion dollars compared to Nigeria's 35 billion dollars, so why should she not produce far more power than Nigeria?

Many of you people need to go and get a refund on your education because you are really slow upstairs.

2 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by RobsonsTARz: 8:37am On Sep 07, 2022
drlateef:

Yes we do, on regular basis. We don’t sit and wait for government.
So in that case it' s your knocking that caused the improvement, not the audio improvement
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:37am On Sep 07, 2022
ogatboy:
It seems we are going back in Nigeria. In Jonathan's government we got to over 6000 MW

Any link to prove this claim?

Or are you just another lying scumbag?

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by obaaderemi: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2022
Hitsport16:
Shuu, everybody on this thread are fighting @quintopia, though if we read what at quintopia writes it makes sense in one way all the other, I took my time to read his comments, but beyond that I think our problem is our leaders, in few weeks we will be 62 and in many ways we have not gotten it right, if to be honest we gained independence before Ghana, but it's crazy to believe Ghana have stable power supply than us, Ghana don't even have the resources we have, Ghana make use of hydro, thermal and even gas for generation of power, but here our sole focus is hydro, I believe if we get good leaders though we can't be USA in a day but at least we will see significant improvement....I hope who will election in 2023 will be the right person for us, though I am atikulated
Ghana got its independence in 1957, Nigeria got its in 1960.

Ghana is also resource rich.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jjman2322: 8:38am On Sep 07, 2022
Nigerians always celebrating mediocrity, thats why you have the leaders you do.

People need to travel and visit other countries and see what life is like there. I've been to India, I was in mumbai and had 24/7 electricity with great hospitals.. Many rich nigerians travel to india for medical treatment? why?

NEW YORK CITY ALONE USES 8,000 megawatts, and Nigeria as a whole generates just 5000 MW.. Come on guys..

Your leaders have spent(stolen) 10s of billions of dollars for electricity generation that has been solved by 99.99% of countries. Most countries who dont have 24/7 power have at least 20hrs+ a day.. Nigeria is the #1 consumer of generator.. Ive never seen or used a generator outside of Nigeria..

Stop celebrating nonsense.. Nigeria is the only country I know where a governor builds a road and spends millions on fanfare and launching.. roads are built daily in usa and the citizens dont give a Bleep.. GOVERNORS ARE NOT USING THEIR MONEY

Im not sure when Nigeria will be good.. Just for fun i downloaded the 2022 budget for Nigeria.. LOL.. JOKES.. Watch them budget nonsense like 300M naira for maintenance of phones in state house, etc.. our country is going nowhere..

Our country spends a higher PERCENTAGE OF OUR BUDGET on our president/leaders/law makers than ANY OTHER COUNTRY in the world.. This country is a ticking time bomb.. LOAN PAYMENTS > REVENUE..

Eventual collapse incoming.. dollar is 700 and nobody is talking about it again..

3 Likes

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 8:40am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Fair enough. Thanks for the correction. Blame the Nairametrics site for the mix-up, as they called it a 'record high'.

https://nairametrics.com/2022/09/04/nigerians-are-experiencing-improved-power-supply-as-generation-reaches-a-record-high-since-august-2022/

Nevertheless, the current 5,043 represents the highest level of generation and distribution in the last few years, and so remains commendable.

Why do you choose to be as senseless as a sheep... The link u posted shows its a record high since August 2022..so what is this guy saying? Àbí una get history of mental health for your family?
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2022
jjman2322:
Nigerians also celebrating mediocrity

People need to travel and visit other countries and see what life is like there. I've been to India, I was in mumbai and had 24/7 electricity

I was in Asokoro Abuja and had 24/7 power during my time there, meaning Nigeria has no power issues!

See how stupid you sound?

You stayed in a nice part of town in Mumbai with no power cuts and then stupidly concluded the whole India enjoys uninterrupted power.

MUMBAI SUFFERS 38 HR LONG POWER CUTS:
https://mumbai.citizenmatters.in/power-cuts-zaveri-bazaar-best-south-mumbai-32998

NEW YORK CITY ALONE USES 8,000 megawatts, and Nigeria as a whole generates just 5000 MW.. Come on guys..

THE USA, WHOSE WEALTH IS BUILT ON SLAVERY, INVASIONS, THEFT OF FOREIGN RESOURCES, AND MASSACRES OF MILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE OVER 3 CENTURIES, HAS AN ANNUAL BUDGET OF 7.6 TRILLION DOLLARS COMPARED TO NIGERIA'S 35 BILLION.

YOU ARE CRAZY IN THE EXTREME TO BE COMPARING THE TWO NATIONS' STATE OF DEVELOPMENT.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by obaaderemi: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2022
Gabaleve:

Why do you choose to be as senseless as a sheep... The link u posted shows its a record high since August 2022..so what is this guy saying? Àbí una get history of mental health for your family?
grin Kilode?
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Bontafa: 8:46am On Sep 07, 2022
Gabaleve:

Serious sko sko .

Na thiwr kind dey eat bole and kpomo during election
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Why should you not compare Nigeria with those countries? Is it not human beings that live there? Or you think those countries don't have resources of their own? You think only Nigeria has resources?

Even the oil you think you have, UAE has three times your reserves, and exports thrice your number of barrels per day for their tiny 9 million population. Yet you people think you should be 'like Dubai' because you 'have oil'. No sir. Your 200 million population means your oil and gas revenue and annual budget of 35 billion dollars are grossly insufficient to develop your country. You need further economic diversification, and that takes decades to achieve.

So instead of going around saying your country is ''failed'', recognise your true situation of being a developing country, and stop living in fantasy land, in which you could easily be ''like Dubai'' and ''like the USA'' (whose annual budget is 7.6 trillion dollars) if only those 'corrupt leaders' would 'stop stealing all our money'.

Which money do you have?

It is the height of ignorance to reason that way. The UK, France, Germany etc all have annual budgets surpassing 2 trillion dollars. Nigeria is a poor country compared to those nations, and it has absolutely nothing to do with ''our leaders''.

Sorry I've no idea what you're on about here.

It has nothing to do with our leaders? You're talking about the richest country in Africa looted dry by your kinsmen who have been leaders but decided to loot the country dry.. Even u that's an offspring can barely afford data or petrol to fuel Ur Gen and ur here talking about nothing to do with our leaders?

So whose fault is it.? Guy even TV Joshua no go fit deliver ur ment.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jjman2322: 8:48am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

I was in Asokoro Abuja and had 24/7 power during my time there, meaning Nigeria has no power issues! See how stupid you sound?

THE USA, WHOSE WEALTH IS BUILT ON SLAVERY, INVASIONS, THEFT OF FOREIGN RESOURCES, AND MASSACRES OF MILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE OVER 3 CENTURIES, HAS AN ANNUAL BUDGET OF 7.6 TRILLION DOLLARS COMPARED TO NIGERIA'S 35 BILLION.

YOU ARE CRAZY IN THE EXTREME TO BE COMPARING THE TWO NATIONS' STATE OF DEVELOPMENT.

Umm asokoro is not MUMBAI.. Mumbai is a major city with 20M people and 24/7 electricity with no kidnapping and good roads and hospitals.. see how stupid you sound..

You sound stupid accepting mediocrity which shows you havent left Nigeria. My best friend from college had a wedding in casablanca two years ago..I was there.. No comparison to any nigerian city..

So forget usa, lets talk Morocco, Mauritius (was there for a wedding.. beautiful roads, safe for tourists, 24/7 electricity)
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Bontafa: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

I was in Asokoro Abuja and had 24/7 power during my time there, meaning Nigeria has no power issues!

https://mumbai.citizenmatters.in/power-cuts-zaveri-bazaar-best-south-mumbai-32998

You need to get schooled kangaroo.

Because them take slave there fore we no go compare them .

But you can compare failing African countries with Nigeria just to get hard
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jjman2322: 8:50am On Sep 07, 2022
Nigeria ranks bottom for every metric, (HEALTHCARE, ROAD NETWORK, LIFE EXPECTANCY, EDUCATION, ETC)

Thats not whats upsetting.. The problem is that the other countries that we rank bottom with have NO RESOURCES..

You are the #7 oil exporter in the world.. Yet look at the state of your country...
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by ogatboy(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Any link to prove this claim?

Or are you just another lying scumbag?

Not everyone is a brainless child like you. Use google and you'll get information
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2022
jjman2322:

Umm asokoro is not MUMBAI.. Mumbai is a major city with 20M people and 24/7 electricity with no kidnapping and good roads and hospitals.. see how stupid you sound..

You sound stupid accepting mediocrity which shows you havent left Nigeria. My best friend from college had a wedding in casablanca two years ago..I was there.. No comparison to any nigerian city..

So forget usa, lets talk Morocco, Mauritius (was there for a wedding.. beautiful roads, safe for tourists, 24/7 electricity)

You are a liar from the pits of hell.

POWER CUTS PLAGUE MUMBAI, INDIA:

https://www.businesstoday.in/industry/energy/story/power-outage-long-power-cuts-load-shedding-reported-in-parts-of-mumbai-331395-2022-04-27

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61330302

BAD ROADS PLAGUE MUMBAI, INDIA:

https://www.freepressjournal.in/analysis/potholes-and-bad-roads-must-be-made-political-issues-mumbaikars-have-tolerated-too-much-for-too-long-writes-smruti-koppikar

Don't trust the rest of the lies you told either. SATAN.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jjman2322: 8:52am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

You stayed in a nice part of town in Mumbai with no power cuts and then stupidly concluded the whole India enjoys uninterrupted power.

EXACTLY! Mumbai had 38 hour power cut and it made the news because THIS IS ABNORMAL in mumbai.. Do you get it now?? Nigerians lose electricity EVERY SINGLE DAY and its part of life.. stop arguing stupidly amigo..

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

GO AND TELL THAT TO YOUR ILLITERATE GRANDPA VILLAGE PEASANT WHO LIVED A LIFE OF REAL UNDERDEVELOPMENT UNDER COLONIAL RULE, WITH ZERO INFRASTRUCTURE, COMPARED TO YOUR PAMPERED, AJEBOTA LIFE TODAY.

You seem distraught. See how the veins on your neck are standing. Take things easy, ok?
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jjman2322: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

You are a liar from the pits of hell.

POWER CUTS PLAGUE MUMBAI, INDIA:

https://www.businesstoday.in/industry/energy/story/power-outage-long-power-cuts-load-shedding-reported-in-parts-of-mumbai-331395-2022-04-27

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-61330302

Don't trust the rest of the lies you told either.

youre silly brother.. Ask any indian how the power situation is in mumbai.. A power cut here and there doesnt mean they dont have power 99% of the time.. you need to travel out more..

FYI the issues theyre having is because power demand crept up to almost 4000 MW and theyre struggling to meet up..

HAHAHA MUMBAI alone consumes 4000 MW and NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY is generating same.. and you are here arguing...

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

GHANA HAS POWER SUPPLY ISSUES TILL TODAY, BUT HER TINY POPULATION OF 25 MILLION MEANS SHE WILL NOT NEED TO COVER EVEN 1/10TH OF NIGERIA'S POWER NEEDS, SO USE YOUR BRAIN. IT IS NOT THERE FOR DECORATION.

I know my brain is not there for decoration. You should be more worried about your own case of lacking a brain completely.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2022
jjman2322:

EXACTLY! Mumbai had 38 hour power cut and it made the news because THIS IS ABNORMAL in mumbai.. Do you get it now?? Nigerians lose electricity EVERY SINGLE DAY and its part of life.. stop arguing stupidly amigo..

THAT WAS JUST ONE EXAMPLE YOU LIAR.

TYPE INTO GOOGLE 'POWER CUTS MUMBAI' AND THERE ARE NUMEROUS INSTANCES OF POWER CUTS THROUGHOUT THE CITY AND THE NATION OF INDIA AS A WHOLE.

I POSTED ABOUT 4 SUCH LINKS ABOVE.

YOU ARE A LIAR, AND YOU NEED TO STOP TELLING LIES.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jjman2322: 8:56am On Sep 07, 2022
How can you be arguing like a goat.. MUMBAI is in Maharashtra and their current consumption is 28,000 MW which is extremely high due to the high summer temperature.. and here in Nigeria a whole country is celebrating 5000 MW when a single indian city is consuming the same..

Please dont compare both...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra/Kogi Oil Wells - Ownership Still Unresolved / Osinbajo In Abidjan For Swearing-In Of Adesina, As AFDB President (Photos) / Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.