Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide (17071 Views)

Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide / Abba Kyari In Germany, Holds Talks With Siemens On Improved Power / Cross River Governor Presents N1.043 Trillion Budget Estimates For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2022
nedu666:
As a former phcn staff, when you hear improved electricity supply, it applies mainly to those in the cities not rural area. That's why no business thrives in rural villages. If electricity supply were to reach every nook and cranny, i can assure you that 5000mw can't guarantee anyone 12hrs electricity a day. Depriving all those in villages and rural areas of electricity to satisfy those in cities is not definition of improved electricity.

Look, if we want to go by 'access to electricity', which is what you're referring to, then Nigeria is generally average for an African country at around 55%. But it means she provides electricity to over 130 million people, which is the highest figure on the continent.

Nations like Chad, Sierra Leone, etc, even with their small populations, post access to electricity rates of 11% and similar.

So while we are not where we want to be, we are getting there, and are by no means the worst in Africa in terms of access.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/EG.ELC.ACCS.ZS
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Quintopia: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2022
Bontafa:

This is what it looks like , I won't help you out . do it yourself and get schooled.

When you find away around a VPN you will know the use and at least learn one thing today .

Dumb ass get schooled.

YOU THINK I'M A JOBLESS FREAK OF NATURE LIKE YOU?

EITHER POST THE WHOLE DAMN THING OR FCKING GET LOST, YOU CONMAN.

YOU ARE A LIAR AND A CROOK. THAT IS WHY YOU CAN'T POST WHAT YOU CLAIM IS EVIDENCE OF GOD-KNOWS-WHAT.

I SHOULD INSTALL VPN BECAUSE OF AN INTERNET NONENTITY FREAK LIKE YOU?

YOU SURE OVERESTIMATE YOUR IMPORTANCE AROUND HERE.

EFFING TWERP.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Bontafa: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

EITHER POST THE WHOLE DAMN THING OR FCKING GET LOST. STUPID ANIMAL AND CONMAN. YO ARE ALIAR AND A CROOK. TNAT IS WHY YOU CAN'T POST WHAT YOU CLAIM IS EVIDENCE.

I SHOULD INSTALL VPN BECAUSE OF AN INTERNET NONENTITY FREAK LIKE YOU? YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THINK COMING

I'm happy you called me an internet freak so don't mess with me lol.

From the look of things I can tell you are not ready to be schooled and this was the mistake your father did too.

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Bontafa: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

YOU ARE A LIAR AND A CROOK. THAT IS WHY YOU CAN'T POST WHAT YOU CLAIM IS EVIDENCE OF GOD-KNOWS-WHAT.

EFFING TWERP.

Why is it that when someone stands up to challenge you corn f00ls you feel threatened and start shouting naked

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by SeunDAssLicker: 10:58am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

My friend will you go and sit down. Mr Perfect. I'm sure if they elect you, you will produce 100,000 megawatts in one week. Loudmouthed buffoon. If there is improvement in power supply we should all keep quiet and not say anything. EVIL MIND.

Ogun kee your papa there. If you come life come suffer that na your problem.

No dey disgrace your lineage with mediocrity. If you wan suffer die, do that in your retched family.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Yankee101: 11:01am On Sep 07, 2022
Shame 'prouding' (make I borrow naija language) on top 5k mw?
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Ray02: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2022
Wahala, so nah just three states dey Nigeria now? Nationwide indeed. For three days now, I have not seen 6hr light in this area. Though, it was not really lie this before sha.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by dododawa1: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2022
Light dey ooo,Sai TINUBU.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Alamkir: 11:13am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Ode, I said among DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, it is a fact that the bigger the country (eg India, Pakistan, Bangladesh), the more acute the power problems. So why are you mentioning Russia and China? Are those developing nations?
Pakistan power crisis
https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Pakistan-blackouts-choke-economy-as-China-power-plants-go-unpaid

India power crisis
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/explained-why-india-is-facing-longest-power-cuts-in-6-years/articleshow/91198487.cms

As far as power generation, Nigeria's issue is not power generation capacity but rather power distribution. So asking us to name Pakistan's generation is irrelevant. Nigeria's installed power generation capacity is over 13,000 megawatts which is sufficient in the short to medium term. The ongoing Siemens power deal (which you know nothing about) is aimed at improving the national grid and its distribution capacity, so that the nation can generate and distribute more power across the country.

Talking with fact. Some pple dnt care knowing relevant information about Nigeria, they just come to criticize, so no mater d small progress they dnt appreciate

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by meobizy(f): 11:16am On Sep 07, 2022
The reason I’m enjoying almost constant power is because a lot of houses were cut off the grid. Forget any two thousand word explanation. Soon the old situation will come back in full effect.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Alamkir: 11:20am On Sep 07, 2022
sanpipita:

It's a yearly occurrence during rainfall season, people experience better power supply during rainy season, I don't understand why you are going around insulting people, Siemens deal you talk about has barely started, equipments are still being brought in.

Speaj for Urself which nonsense rainy season are u talking about..... We hav light for 3 days b4 they took it and I was scared we might not see light again but after just 1hr they brought it back and we had for 2 days again, except when there is storm and lightning that they took it. This happened through out month of August till now. In my experience this has never happened except in the early 90s. So cancel that rainy season agenda u are bringing
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Alamkir: 11:26am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Developing nations are not ''failed, failing countries''. THEY ARE DEVELOPING COUNTRIES.

This misunderstanding of the world is why so many of you are drowning in inferiority complex, because you think being in development is ''failure''.

You talk of China in 1960. Are you prepared to do what China did to get where they are today?

Are you aware that China banned all imports for 3 decades or more up till the 1990s, forcing everyone but the very richest to go around in bicycles, and buy ONLY made in China goods, regardless of product quality?

When your daddy was driving that Peugeot 504 or Mercedes 280s in the 1980s, his Chinese counterpart was riding a bicycle to work.

And all this was enforced by a brutal one party dictatorship that murdered and jailed countless millions of opposition figures, in a brutal, repressive crackdown that remains till today, with no real freedoms or human rights.

ARE YOU READY TO GO THROUGH THAT IN NIGERIA TODAY in order to be industrialised and self sufficient in the next 20 to 30 years?

If you're not, then don't compare yourself with China.

You people only see the shiny bright lights of these countries, but you don't take the time and effort to learn what they actually did to attain their wealth.

The USA and Europe gained all their wealth by enslaving and looting the entire world population, destroying civilizations left, right and centre.

Do you wish to take that path? Oya go and invade your neighbours and seize their land and resources and kill their people.

That's what Britain and co did to be rich.

Don't just admire those countries. Study what they did to be rich and developed.

If you cannot replicate their evil, then don't feel inferior to them.

Na ordinary rice govt ban, they start to dey protest, if them come ban everything wetin dem for do. Infact I blame democracy dat d westerners enforced on African, democracy no fit us, it doesn't rhyme with our culture

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Testimony1988(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2022
I pray power remains constant.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by berbs: 11:33am On Sep 07, 2022
Ori gbogbo yin ti gbale.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jcross19: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

ABEG SHUT UP. Power supply takes a long while to get right for a huge population like Nigeria.

South Africa has been building power infrastructure since the 1800s while Nigeria's first power plant, Kainji dam, was commissioned only in 1964 after independence, since all the British colonisers did was loot.

If they elect you, you will encounter the same difficulties of previous leaders.
you are one of Nigeria problems!!!
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Noblex2011(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2022
The light is getting worse for my side
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by santuspearl: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:
I KNEW BUHARI WOULD DELIVER ON ELECTRICITY BEFORE THE END OF HIS TENURE, LIKE HE PROMISED.

WELL DONE MR PRESIDENT.

WHAT WE AWAIT NOW IS TO HIT 6,000 TO 7,000 MEGAWATTS BEFORE THE END OF THIS ADMINISTRATION.

See this fool... Why are Nigerians so foolish, so because of this paid damage control, you are now saying Buhari has delivered, I stay in Akwa Ibom and we don't even have 3 hours of electricity in Uyo capital
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by davidtemi(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2022
RobsonsTARz:
Audio improvement, in my area in Borikiri, Port Harcourt power supply is still the same as before. Abi dem dey select where them like dey improve?
3wks counting no power outage for a minute in my area, in Lagos. I never see dis before I swear
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

EFFING TWERP.
See how you are on here attacking every one else's opinion like a mad dog, just to promote mediorcrity. cheesy how much did Buhari APC pay you for all these your hard work promoting them? In your cone head you believe your opinion matters more than others, anyone who doesn't agree with you, you label them "dunce" yet you claim to learned. grin you clearly loves to hear your own voice.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by mastermaestro(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Ode, I said among DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, it is a fact that the bigger the country (eg India, Pakistan, Bangladesh), the more acute the power problems. So why are you mentioning Russia and China? Are those developing nations?
Pakistan power crisis
https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/Pakistan-blackouts-choke-economy-as-China-power-plants-go-unpaid

India power crisis
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/explained-why-india-is-facing-longest-power-cuts-in-6-years/articleshow/91198487.cms

As far as power generation, Nigeria's issue is not power generation capacity but rather power distribution. So asking us to name Pakistan's generation is irrelevant. Nigeria's installed power generation capacity is over 13,000 megawatts which is sufficient in the short to medium term. The ongoing Siemens power deal (which you know nothing about) is aimed at improving the national grid and its distribution capacity, so that the nation can generate and distribute more power across the country.

Can you stop being stupid? angry How on earth would a sane person wake up every day to defend failure? angry You must be an evil person. angry
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jidemojola(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
I would like to read and believe this post when the dry season comes.Hope no be Sam the kainji dam don too full.�
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Gabaleve(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

Bumbling illiterate. Pakistan has installed capacity of 41,000 mw and Nigeria 13,000 mw. Where did you see ''10 times''?

India has a population of 1.2 billion, equivalent to all of AFRICA, plus an annual budget of 527 billion dollars compared to Nigeria's 35 billion dollars, so why should she not produce far more power than Nigeria?

Many of you people need to go and get a refund on your education because you are really slow upstairs.

Next time don't jump into topics you barely know nothing about bleating like a lost sheep... If Pakistan produces 41000 and Ur country produces 4000...simples mathematics should tel u dey produce 10 times more than ur failed country does... But how will u understand when you're a 16yr old eager to use google.... U should compare Nigeria with d top 30 economy in Africa , make sure you also ratio power generation by population and show me where your country lies... If you can do the simple mathematics and list the countries in tabular form... You have won urself 5k....

But e sure me say u no fit... Na to run go Google like bat dey always sweet u, to think well na hard thing for you
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by jidemojola(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
davidtemi:
3wks counting no power outage for a minute in my area, in Lagos. I never see dis before I swear

Five days and still counting in lagos where I reside.

1 Like

Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Akeema14: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
very true o. we barely enjoy 2 hours electricity in a week before. most time; 2 weeks black out. but right now, it looks like miracle. we are having 16hrs electricity supply every present day now. what a magic. them dey try to campaign i guess. Frm obantoko abeokuta
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Maleekdon: 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2022
PDP Crisis: I Will Flog, Crush The ‘Small Boys’, Says Gov. Wike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSyvOtnI8yM
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by KingDamzzy(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
We are peaking power generation at 5000MW and having regular light like this.

Imagine if we had another 5000MW to add to the grid. We really need to fix up.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

I COULDN'T BE SCHOOLING YOUR DUMB AND DUMBER SELF WITH SIZZLING FACTS IF I LACKED A BRAIN.....VIRTUALLY EVERY POST I MAKE IS SUPPORTED BY LINKS TO CREDIBLE MEDIA SOURCES.

NOW RUN ALONG, YOU NASTY LITTLE TWERP FROM GOODNESS-KNOWS-WHAT-HOLE-IN-THE-GROUND.

Schooling? Thanks for confirming my impression of you. And pls clean your running nose. You've been too battered in this thread.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by enoch273: 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
This is a welcome development and I hope it's true cause the oraimo traveler 4 pro has kept me connected and powered on the go where power supply has failed.
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by RobsonsTARz: 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
drlateef:

We are talking of local issues, not national problem. I hope you understand now.
So the improvement you are talking about is local and not national?
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by edoairways: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:

You're talking rubbish. People never reported having 4 days of continuous supply or 23 hrs supply a day in previous 'rainy seasons'.
They have especially on this platform few years back
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Raypawer(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
Which town is that? be specific, where in Akwa Ibom or Rivers?

hmmm

OriOko88:
5k megawatt for 200milion people?? This is not worth celebrating atal. South Africa with just 50m people is generating over 28k megawatts,imagine. USA almost 150k megawatts! So whats worth celebrating in a temporarily stable and meagre 5k megawatt which will even trip off in few days time in d name of grid collapse. Some towns in akwa ibom and rivers have not had light for 3years but their govts are busy building ten lane roads and flyovers. No be juju b dat?? undecided undecided
Re: 5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide by Morphinne: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2022
Quintopia:
Why Nigeria is Experiencing Improved Supply of Electricity

https://nairametrics.com/2022/09/04/nigerians-are-experiencing-improved-power-supply-as-generation-reaches-a-record-high-since-august-2022/
Well this is commendable and we hope and pray that we all live to see the Nigeria of our dream.
God bless all the hands and brains behind this improvement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku's Political Adviser To Wole Soyinka - You Speak "like An Illiterate / A Senator Earns N12m Yearly - RMAFC / Details Of Money Released For 2016 Budget By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.