Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving (1095 Views)

I'm Tired Of Salary Job. / My Salary Is 80k But She Said I Should Be Giving Her 70k Monthly - Help / How My Ex Left Me After She Discovered My Salary Was 45k, I Now Earn This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
Dear Naira Gurus,
I'm always on the road so this journey is going to be coming in a bit slowly.

Lemme give you a highlight of the whole story..

1. Car is on hired purchase (187k per month)
2. Car is sienna

This is my first driving(commercial) experience.
Just need to make a move, salary job is becoming a modern slavery these days, I rather be a fighting the battles for myself than for someone else.

I'm going to be bring in Pics later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by fman(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
CamelCase:
Dear Naira Gurus,

2. Car is sienna

Just need to make a move, salary job is becoming a modern slavery these days, I rather be a fighting the battles for myself than for someone else.

Safe driving.
Driving and pressing phone is a traffic offense, I guess u know that.
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by VeryWickedMan: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
15 years ago who could have envisaged that a white collar would switch to driving?

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by chatinent: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
Well done.

It's good you ain't letting the shitty country drive you crazy.
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by Aboks(m): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nice one bro salary work na slavery in naija

I will join you soon
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by Marvyx(m): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
CamelCase:
Dear Naira Gurus,

2. Car is sienna

187k per month? What's the total cost? And how many months are you going to pay back?

1 Like

Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by Samat12: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nice move bro. wishing u the best as u make this bold move.
But pls who will help me with a loan of 20k to repair my Keke.l will pay back with interest in two months time.
Pls I'm not a scammer. Just a legit hustler facing some really hard times in his hustle.
Hence I will show u all the necessary evidence that I'm genuine and capable of paying back when due.
Remember we rise by lifting others peeps
Thanks and God bless.
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by nightfox01(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2022
Na now you wake up grin GOOD MORNING grin
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by thrillionaire(m): 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
That money to pay back per month is quite high o.. hope it wouldn't put you under pressure to now over work yourself and the car? How much you paying overall?
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by scottyoloye(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
Good one though, but if you're still young: 24-26 probably 27, you can thinking of upskilling. Trust me, there are still opportunities out there.

There's no career path in driving unless you can save up and start a business or japa. Anyways, you're the one wearing the shoes hence, only you know how much it hurts.

Here's my candid advice: if you are within the age demographic I stated up there, believe in yourself and forget about women. Believe me, the only reason you'd put so much pressure on yourself is if you have a girlfriend or planning to have one. The amazing part is that once you take your mind off them, the real once start getting attracted to you. Do you know why? It's because following this principle will make you act indifferently towards them hence, they begin to see you for who you truly are.

Drive safely bro
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by Das1mama: 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
CamelCase:
Dear Naira Gurus,

2. Car is sienna

Good afternoon brother, pls I'm jobless and I can drive both manual and automatic vehicles. how can you be of help based on the Hire Purchase!!!

I'm in kogi state precisely the state capital.
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
It's quite appealing what drivers suffers from the hands of road transport workers(agberos)

Today my car got apprehended by agberos for wrong discharge.

Let me get home, I'll gist you guys.

Meanwhile below are few shot from the park.. While I sat to wait for my turn to load
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by MisterMan123456: 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
CamelCase:
It's quite appealing what drivers suffers from the hands of road transport workers(agberos)

Today my car got apprehended by agberos for wrong discharge.

Let me get home, I'll gist you guys.

Meanwhile below are few shot from the park.. While I sat to wait for my turn to load

No pics
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2022
Sorry for late update!! It's tough out here..

So today, I had some few things to fix so couldn't wake early as the usual 5am I used to..

I arrived the park by 8am today and they were already twenty vehicles booked on the loafing list.(you go fear fear grin)

It's a rat race my dear reader, I quickly looked for the nearest place to park as park Don dey filled up, and if you park anyhow you and agbero or police go settle in dispute.

As per sharp guy wey I be, I overtake one fat dude grin, stole his parking in a shopping plaza a stone-throw adjacent to the park.

As I come down, open my bonnet to go unplug my battery terminal based on say my battery Don die.
Na so one big Belle fat ban just rush me.. Hey!! Hey!! Use speed commot that motor there .. I was like kilode where I Wan come park.. He's the care taker of the place and hats us drivers taking up customers parking lots.

I jejely had to take in into a car wash situated right behind the park.

It took 2hrs to wash the car, 30mins later my turn reach..

I started shouting shouting name of destination!! Just like I used to see those agberos do cool.. But wet in consign men, na the money I come for.

I finally loaded, nine passengers!
Three behind, four in the middle, two in front.

Distance of about 45-50km I guess. (#400 Naira each)
Agbero takes #900 naira cry cry (as if them know how much to maintain car)

I was left with 2600, bought fuel of 1k. 1600 remain. God come bless me with waybill(#500)

Na so I take place my speedometer on 65-70 till we reach..

Now I'm here in the destination 5th on the queue to load back again.

A trip(going and coming) gives you 3,200 Naira..

You can run upto 3-4 trips a day..

Other drivers says they goes home with 15-20k daily, me na still 9k I dey see.. Dem say my hand never strong.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2022
fman:

Safe driving.
Driving and pressing phone is a traffic offense, I guess u know that.

Yes boss.. I know, na only wen I dey wait for turn I dey press phone
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2022
chatinent:
Well done.

It's good you ain't letting the shitty country drive you crazy.

Thanks man
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2022
Marvyx:

187k per month? What's the total cost? And how many months are you going to pay back?

Well it's not really a balance and take.. I just put it that way to inform my brain that it needs to be on its toes..

I actually took a loan of about 1M from my bank, added my money family and friend added a little.. And I got the car.. I personally went to Lagos to buy it myself... Saw it on Naira land.
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2022
Marvyx:

All the money I need to pay back is 2.2m that's why it is 187k for a year
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2022
Marvyx:

187k per month? What's the total cost? And how many months are you going to pay back? [/quote]

I have defaulted for a month, because I didn't start to work on time.. ; cry cry I feel so bad.. I'm not going to rest till I repay the overdue and.

It's very feasible and I'll do it.
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by Marvyx(m): 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2022
CamelCase:

Sienna 2.2m? shocked

Are you kidding me? How recent was this? Give me a link please.
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by crowther15(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
Life goes on.

Please help me to fill this form and share. Please I need it to complete my study of Business Management at
@CIAPS_Wall

https://forms.gle/e4U32M8ifnAqf3Kb6

Thanks.
Re: My Journey Quiting My Salary Job For Driving by CamelCase: 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
Marvyx:

Sienna 2.2m? shocked

Are you kidding me? How recent was this? Give me a link please.

It's a Nigerian used boss.. Got it from a honest dealer

(1) (Reply)

Believe Nairalander's At Ur Own Peril !!! (my Experience) / Unreasonable Erotic Post By Nairalanders / Many People Are Not Scared Of Marriage But Scared Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.