Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This (46439 Views)

Masari: No President Better Than Buhari Since Nigeria’s Amalgamation In 1914 / Garba Shehu Slams Governor Ortom: No Ex-president Can Take Your Insults / #EndSARSProtest: 'Nigeria Has No President' - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by Babysho(m): 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2022
Danisaint112:
Vote Peter Obi for a restructured Nigeria. Peter Obi has said he will do it one of the reason he has my vote.

Only Obi cannot do this kind of major restructuring. We the citizens have to be involved properly.
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by Danisaint112(m): 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
Babysho:

Only Obi cannot do this kind of major restructuring. We the citizens have to be involved properly.

If we can Elect Obi in then I see no reason why we can't achieve it or also rally for restructuring. Ofcourse we the will be properly involved when the time comes.
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by Jerry2rule: 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
Ambimo, blakjewelry, Hedonido, Sammy07, Toks2008....... You guys are genius. Please let's be friends and I have followed you
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by Sammy07: 12:28am On Nov 12, 2022
Jerry2rule:
Ambimo, blakjewelry, Hedonido, Sammy07, Toks2008....... You guys are genius. Please let's be friends and I have followed you

Followed you too

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by poseidon12: 12:56am On Nov 12, 2022
You are right on point.
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by poseidon12: 12:59am On Nov 12, 2022
gidgiddy:

Restructuring back to the 1963 constitution, or along those lines, is a good thing. Unfortunately, the North will not agree to it because it will deprive them of what they have built up since the end of the war, the economic and political control of Nigeria

Nigeria can never restructured, the North will never allow it

Then the country will definitely disintegrate.
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by occfx: 9:55am On Nov 12, 2022
Blakjewelry:

Many people don't seem to understand the root cause of our problems, as the FG feeding the state directly power is far from the people, the primary focus on governance should be the local government, then state before the federal government because the local council is closest to the people. I even I have blueprint on how the local government can change Nigeria.
For instance if each local government decide to provide modern farming equipment and too to hire to farmers for a small fee, then provide storage facilities for storage of perishable goods like chicken, tomatoes, vegetables etc. What if local government decide to keep their local government area clean by sweeping sand and dirt of the road, clean drainage and waste for small fee, it will create employment also. What if local government decide to repair maintain street lights provided state government and other intervention bodies. The list is endless.

You are smart. Anyone who feeds you have more power than anybody. The constitution made it that the FG feeds the state and LG which makes them control unlimited power. Therefore, the people has no power and consequently this is not democracy. Unfortunately, we have evil leaders who thrives in corruption. They will surely fight tooth and nail to keep Nigeria stagnated.
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by agrowell: 10:22am On Nov 12, 2022
Must you mentioned the name of Jesus to prove your point, can you mention the name of Mohammed anyhow?
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by ozimec(m): 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2022
Enceladus:

So what do you think we can do in your opinion? Really curious.

In my opinion, we should start by electing a President who has the political will to call for a national conference. A conference where every region and tribe will be evenly represented by their chosen leaders which includes, political, religious and traditional leaders (past and present). Whatever they resolve at such conference will form integral part of the new constitution and will be implemented by the executive (the President) and not necessarily going through the National and state assemblies debate again. Any point raised at the conference will be thoroughly scrutinized, debated and adopted by a simple majority vote. However, before the conference, all these leaders will have a town hall meetings in their various towns, LGAs and states to sensitise their people and also get their input on the matter s to present at the conference. This I believe will make us have constitution of the people.
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by gidgiddy: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2022
lookingfly:
I've heard this restructure statement a thousand times.....what exactly does it mean sef undecided

Restructuring basically means that the powers of the the government at tye centre is reduced and transferred to the constituent parts of the country
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by lookingfly: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
gidgiddy:

Restructuring basically means that the powers of the the government at tye centre is reduced and transferred to the constituent parts of the country
so the constituency will be free to develop themselves and make their own laws I guess. How would that improve the lives of people of that constituency?
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by RestructureNig1: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2022
DrNathan:
Nyamiri people no go gree for restructuring. Dem get fear of the unknown.

Zombie, it's the Fulani that will reject it because the sahel is baren
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by RestructureNig1: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2022
minasu190:

Well, that is your own opinion, all I need is PETER OBI to be the next president of FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA come 2023.

You're ignorant, you think Peter Obi will perform Magic if he becomes president?

Nigeria should practice true federalism like other successful countries in the world
Re: Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This by RestructureNig1: 11:43am On Nov 14, 2022
GOODMAN88:
Each time I see southern talking rubbish, I just laughed and go away.

The southern carried out the first coup in Nigeria killing many northern leaders because of power.

The southern are the first to abolished regional government and replace it with unity government.

Now as it not favor the Igbos as they thought they will rule Nigeria forever, THEY BEGIN TO SHOUT RESTRUCTURING.

UNA TOO MUCH FOR HYPOCRISY

Nigeria will be restructured whether the North likes it or not, Mark this.
We are now in 2022 not 1960 or 67

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu / Picture Of LP Branded Catfish. / Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.