Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? (7838 Views)

How Did You Meet Your Current Spouse or Partner? / How Did You Meet Your Partner And Will You Reveal That At Your Wedding / How Did You Meet Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Akan(m): 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2007
Fellow Nairalanders,

I recently visited our beautiful country and decided to travel from Lagos to the beautiful city of Calabar. I went by Cross Country and i think it was an 11 or 12 seater, anyway and as its often the case people begin to gist and laugh and ofcourse others naturally join in. Well i happened to be sitting next to a pretty lady whom i got speaking to when our bus stopped momentarily for refreshments at Benin.

We spoke non stop till the bus entered Calabar late at night. needless to say the conversation has carried on and we are still in touch. It would be interesting to know how Nairaland members met their partners/ex partners
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by santony2k(m): 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2007
Mostly through mutual friends. Goodluck witht the lady though.

I found out when I meet people this way, usually one of us has an hidden secret you dont find out until later. But not to discourage you though. smiley cheesy wink
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by daprince: 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2007
Ummmmm, still working on how to meet and keep one.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by cgift(m): 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2007
my partner is my wife. She was introduced by a friend to me.

1 Like

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by iyes(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2007
MET MINE IN A CLASSROOM ONE NIGHT I WENT TO STUDY FOR MY EXAMS WHILE WE WERE IN GREAT IFE (I PRESUME ALL OF YOU KNOW WHERE THAT IS) IN MY YEAR ONE POST-GRADUATE, SHE WAS A GRACEFUL JAMBITE (I LATER FOUND OUT THOUGH)

I HAD THIS MID-SEMESTER TEST COMING, WAS BORED IN MY ROOM, AND DECIDED TO MOVE TO WHERE THERE WERE MANY OTHERS. AFTER ABOUT 2 HOURS OF SERIOUS "JACKING", AND I NEEDED TO EASE UP, BEHOLD THERE SHE WAS 2 ROWS IN MY FRONT. I CAN'T EVER FORGET THE SIGHT, AND SOMETHING STRUCK IN ME.

I COULD NOT CONCENTRATE ANYMORE FROM THAT MOMENT ON, UNTIL I FOUND MY WAY TO MEET HER AND HAVE A CHAT. SHE WASN'T VERY AMUSED AT MY INTERUPTING HER READING, BUT NOW,, THE REST, THEY SAY, IS HISTORY.

WE'RE LIVING HAPPILY EVER AFTER, AND ARE BLESSED WITH KIDS INCLUDING A SET OF TWINS.

2 Likes

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by odogwu24: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2007
At a bus stop i toasted her and she said yes, 8 months later she a ring on her finger

1 Like

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by PTBNaija(f): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2007
Current one at a party grin
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by arden(f): 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2007
I met my husband at a Talib Kweli concert.  One minute after I entered the concert he approached me.  I turned him down three times that night.  He approached me again for a fourth time and I decided to go ahead and take his phone number (I did not give him mine).  I called two days later, and he was sooo shocked. He assumed I would never call and had only taken his number so he would leave me alone that night.

1 Like

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Agbo2(m): 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2007
I met mine through a friend who happens to be her colleague,
they had a grudge @ work and my friend felt the best way to punish her
is by humiliating her. Guys runs se u know?
my friend gave me necessary information to make the job easy,
he also arranged how i could bump into her and the story began from there.
From the very first statement she said "Hi" I knew there was no going back
my friend got annoyed that I wasn't going according to plan
now we're engaged, getting married soon. cool
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Macgreat(m): 12:35am On Aug 18, 2007
Lookin forward to that day.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by SEA(m): 1:05am On Aug 18, 2007
We both met at NYSC Camp where we were drafted to the same platoon. Though, we were sworn enemy at camp due to egos.Surprisingly on the last day after receiving posting letters, I felt that emptiness in me and I started looking for her but all efforts proved abortive. Little did I know that she acted the same way. As destiny we put it ,I got information about her location from a platoon-mate whom I met at the church during my trip to capital city where she was posted to.

I acted on the info and paid her an unscheduled visit. I was suprised at the response of her 3 roomates when I mentioned my name.They  later disclosed to me that she had been having sleepless night for the past 2 month and the name on her lips was SEA.

I wooed her same day and she gave her consent and the rest is history now. We left the state together and landed in my parents house for introduction. Lucky enough for us, we stay very close to ourselves in the state.

The relationship keeps on growing everyday and next agenda on our list now is wedding which we are strongly believing God for. We are from different ethnic group but God and Love have been keeping us together. She is my compliment and a blessing to me.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by aloib(f): 1:36am On Aug 18, 2007
i met her on NL, we would be getting married in canada soon,

1 Like

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by PTH(m): 1:39am On Aug 18, 2007
nice thread. I'd known my ex for 2 years before we started dating officially. About the time i started my final yr my brother mentioned her to me and i decided to make a move. One evening a few days to the christmas vacation i ended up walking over to the female block and there she was standing with her hands in her pocket. I walked up to her, asked her if she was going home, she said she would be available for the week and we arranged to meet up that night. Needless to say 3 weeks later we started dating officially. I found out later that we both had had secret crushes on each other for a very long time! shocked
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by aloib(f): 1:41am On Aug 18, 2007
wow!!!, pth na wah o
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Vitastraka(m): 2:27am On Aug 18, 2007
It has not happened to me yet,

That is why I am referred to as the Prince of disappointment, Lord of the Scorned and Heartbroken

For some people the moment of meeting is dramatic like a bomb, like a massive eye opening, they will be telling the person, where have you been since? Did you not know that I was waiting for you here?

For some others the thing will steal into their unsuspecting minds, and one day they realize that the person they were looking for in the moon was right there in front of them all the time

Others are by family arrangement, suprisingly these people have a high rate of growing to love each other

Finally you have the disciples of Prince Vitastraka. These are people who married against their will, either due to pregnancy blackmail, need to escape poverty, obligation to their family, etc.

1 Like

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by PTH(m): 2:36am On Aug 18, 2007
Vitastraka:

Finally you have the disciples of Prince Vitastraka. These are people who married against their will, either due to pregnancy blackmail, need to escape poverty, obligation to their family, etc.

Please ask NINs members.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by spoilt(f): 2:42am On Aug 18, 2007
I met my soulmate in the workplace.
its strange how 2 people can go for so long without even noticing each other. One day, we locked eyes and held each other's gaze and he smiled at me. I felt this big bang in my chest. dang! im not kidding you guys , in that instant i knew it. dude was is  handome as heck. with the biggest smile you ever saw. i had never had that reaction to any man's charms before.i was flustered and incoherent and what have you.  he wrote me a note and had someone pass it to me. In the note he asked me to hang out with him that wknd. i usually dont hang out in guy's cribs but that was one sweet offer i wasnt about to refuse. Baby girl was down!!  I was high on this guy already. I still am. grin   That same day another guy asked me out. The second guy even drew me a map showing me how to get to his house.I let him down as gently as i could. There was no way. No way i was gonna say yeah to any other guy after the way this dude had me breathing heavy. I went to his house that saturday and stayed the whole day. He was and has always been really good to me. Many years and a beautiful child later we are still honeymooning.

2 Likes

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by aloib(f): 2:54am On Aug 18, 2007
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, thats so sweet cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Caradona(f): 3:10am On Aug 18, 2007
I met mine at a College's Frat Party and its too x-rated to even mentioned it here, so my Lips are sealed grin
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Kajiang02(m): 4:53am On Aug 18, 2007
hpe 2 meet 1
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by fawwyb(m): 6:57am On Aug 18, 2007
Am not lonely but still alone, You guys have a wonder experience, meeting one's soulmate is an indelible experience. I wish i could share my experience too  undecided, still trusting God for my soulmate. cry cry cry
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2007
aloib:

i met her on Nairaland, we would be getting married in canada soon,

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 18, 2007
well for me, my soul mate has always been around me.
we were just waiting for the right moment so that we would get the ship sailing.
lo and behold, my service year provided the big bang and our drums is roaring louder and louder till death put asunder!
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by tundewoods(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2007
We met during a hostage situation in Beruit,I was the Negotiator drafted to the scene while she was the Hostage taker working for Hamas. I managed to strike an outstanding settlement in exchange for all the hostages.

A Relationship.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by lilvonz(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2007
I met mine during the bomb blast in lagos.
She was really injured, i took her to hospital, paid her bills and took her to her house.
Some months after, i went down the aisle with her. smiley smiley smiley
Now, we have 10 kids grin(2 set of twins among).
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by mishoo(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2007
Guys be serious for once now !!!!
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by lilvonz(m): 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2007
I am soo serious
We didn't do any family planning. grin grin
Well, she likes kid.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Vannesa(f): 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2007
I MET MY HUSBAND IN HIGH SCHOOL
TODAY WE ARE HAPPY TOGETHER
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by michaelwe1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2007
lilvonz:

I met mine during the bomb blast in lagos.
She was really injured, i took her to hospital, paid her bills and took her to her house.
Some months after, i went down the aisle with her. smiley smiley smiley
Now, we have 10 kids grin(2 set of twins among).

grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by BASETSANA(f): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2007
l am trusting in God to give me one!
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by iice(f): 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2007
Friends from way way back. . .
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by mishoo(m): 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2007
lilvonz:

I am soo serious
We didn't do any family planning. grin grin
Well, she likes kid.

Bomb Blast in 2001 and you've produced 10 kids
Tell me, what did you marry, to have produced 10 kids in 6 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm In The Kitchen Cooking This... [Picture] / Who Taught You How To Make Love? / Reason Girls Only Show Face On Their Profile Pic ( For Finding Love Purpose)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.