Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? (3692 Views)

Evangelist Marwa Tumba Sued: It’s Not Biblical To Marry Woman Older Than Me / Guys That Bear These Names Are Good Looking And Are Players / “Women Rarely Speak Up About Financially Supporting Their Male Partners” – Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by asainco(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Lols, tell us the story na!

LOL, aproko.. Just know that whatever you are thinking is true..

2 Likes

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
Mom007:
No. Job was not a Jew.
It's an Hebrew name.
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2022
terrezo2002:
Check it again
U are right. grin
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
Mom007:
Job is not a Christian name. Job was not a Christian. Not even an Israelite but a man from the east who feared God.
It's an Hebrew(Isrealite) name.
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
ucheheart:
My grand father's name was Jonah, he did well as a Christian till his death.even the church honored him by burying him in the church grave yard instead of our compound. He served the church till his death.
Do u have anyone related to u named Job?

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by HolyMan12: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2022
Mom007:
Job is not a Christian name. Job was not a Christian. Not even an Israelite but a man from the east who feared God.

were Adam, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, David, solomon and Aaron christians?

No they were not.

Check the defination of Christian again pls. grin

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2022
asainco:
A somewhat relative of mine is named Job.. Don't lemme get into his story man..

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2022
HolyMan12:

No they were not.

Also ask her whether Peter, James, John, Matthew are Xtian names?
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by lecowas: 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2022
This thread is funny. Even though most people don't have the literal name, job, yet they are figurative job through Sapa.

I remember when I lost millions and millions, my entire savings for years and I was now having boils and boils. Lol I was not devastated cos I knew the end of the story.

I thank God today, though I'm not where I want to be but I'm not also where I used to be

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2022
bayelsa1son:
So you haven't heard of Steve Jobs abi...ignorance na disease
Apart from him, how many people do u know or have met that bears the name Job?

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by HolyMan12: 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Also ask her whether Peter, James, John, Matthew are Xtian names?

She will now say they are Jewish names grin

but they really are Jewish names

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
HolyMan12:

She will say they are Jewish names grin
Ask her to mention Xtian names that she knows. grin
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by ihatebuhari(f): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Ask her to mention Xtian names that she knows. grin
what's xtian, I think you're insane.

I knew from your writing you're a member of the evil religion from Saudi Arabia. Your hatred for Christianity can not change anything. You and your likes will end in hell because you practice false religion
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 6:51pm On Sep 08, 2022
eazyduzit:
Job and Jonah ar common names among the Northern Christians,I also have a cousin bearing Jonah too.
Infact,in Kaduna State there are a lot of Biblical uncommon names that the Southern Kaduna Christians bear e.g Kish,Hephzibah,Namah,Sheeba,Haggai and so,I have seen a man that name all his son chronologically with name of the old testament from Genesis, Leviticus Deuteronomy and Judges here in Sabo Ungwa Boro.
The fews ones u know bearing the name Job, how were their lives like? grin
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by tayo60(f): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

Jezebel I sight u wink
What did I buy from you that I no pay? Why name calling?

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Mom007(f): 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
HolyMan12:

No they were not.

Funny people. I don't have time to argue with anyone. Go and spend time with your bible.
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 7:24pm On Sep 08, 2022
LalastiklaIa:
Jezebel I sight u wink
Guy, e never reach like that na!

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by sexy74(m): 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do Xtians rarely bear these names? Jonah, Job and others? Most especially, the name Job. I hope it's not what i am thinking?
Since you no be muslim give am to your child make you break the Jinx.

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by eazyduzit: 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
The fews ones u know bearing the name Job, how were their lives like? grin
They all are living large and good

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by ucheheart(m): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Do u have anyone related to u named Job?

Lol, yeye

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by mysticwarrior(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
Ahab, Jezebel, Delilah, Absalom, Adonijah, Jephthah, Issachar, Saul, Eli, Esau, Ishmael.

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by duro4chang(m): 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do Xtians rarely bear these names? Jonah, Job and others? Most especially, the name Job. I hope it's not what i am thinking?
Job used to be a common name in my village some years back

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Lamanii22(f): 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2022
grin grin grin
Truvelisback:
I think the biggest mistake i would make in life is naming my child Job. Omo, that guy suffer like mad. U self reason am na! How can i open my korokoro eyes and name my son Job? Especially in this Horrible state of the country. No be suffer be that?

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Lamanii22(f): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
I have only met a man who bears the name Job. And u know what? The guy no get money grin
loool but God blessed him later na

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Mathematricks: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2022
asainco:
A somewhat relative of mine is named Job.. Don't lemme get into his story man..

Spill it bro

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by LalastiklaIa(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
tayo60:
What did I buy from you that I no pay? Why name calling?
Eyaah sorry you didn't get the sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
sexy74:

Since you no be muslim give am to your child make you break the Jinx.
Nawa for u ooo! U want make i name my pikin Job join this Buhari govt? No be times two suffer be that?
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by HolyMan12: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2022
Mom007:

Funny people. I don't have time to argue with anyone. Go and spend time with your bible.
Oga those are all hebrew names.

Christianity is an extension of the Jewish religion.
And names had nothing to do with religion but what they meant.

Names we many christians bear today come from multiple origins. Some are Hebrew, latin, Aramaic, Greek.

Some are just names of saints irrespective of the meaning in their language.
Example. David means 'beloved' and Jonathan means 'The Lord has given' which is hebrew.
Agatha which is Greek.
Linda after St Linda which is Spanish meaning good.
Even from African, tribal names such as mugaga, luanga, kizito, kalemba, mukasa, mulumba etc are taken, names of which are of African martyrs

Christians are simply followers of Christ.
The names they beared were in existence and has nothing to do about religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by mankan2k7(m): 12:01am On Sep 09, 2022
I know someone bearing Judas.

1 Like

Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 7:12am On Sep 09, 2022
eazyduzit:
They all are living large and good .
They are all what? Na lie.
Re: Why do Xtians rarely bear these Biblical names? by Truvelisback(m): 7:15am On Sep 09, 2022
mankan2k7:
I know someone bearing Judas.
In the Bible or in real life?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Our Young Girls Now Going Into Prostitution? / Beat Your Girlfriend Every Now And Then. Trust Me Women Love It. / Why Do------

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.