Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] (26205 Views)

The Devil's Puzzle (Reloaded) / The Day I Died (reloaded) / Short Story: Bloodline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by do4luv14(m): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
ironkurtain:

Thanks man!, I was about to make the correction before posting it, but something got my attention, probably my daughter, and I forgot about it. It was suppose to be "where she had parked her car", and ended writing what Terry would be saying after waking up from that slap cheesy cheesy. Thanks anyway. Pls do bring up other mistakes if you see any.

lolsss that slap no be here ooo, ah don laff tire, even before ah read it to the end
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Vidamia(m): 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
Always delivering blockbuster..... there's are some errors especially typographi ones but I ain't know how to bring them out for you to see because I'm using phone to type
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2022
Vidamia:
Always delivering blockbuster..... there's are some errors especially typographi ones but I ain't know how to bring them out for you to see because I'm using phone to type

Thanks. Gone through the posts and made the corrections, but probably not all of them though.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ashatoda: 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2022
Welcome back this is going to be a thrilling ride
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Deasegun19(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
Eric Eric Eric...
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 1:37am On Sep 10, 2022
Nina sighed, remained silent for a few seconds, and then said, "We seem to have some kind of a situation in Easthill".

"Okay", Eric murmured.

"I'm still yet to determine its gravity", she continued. "But it requires your presence in Easthill".

"So...what is this situation?", Eric asked.

"It has to do with the investigation of Angel's death".

"I thought you said that it was under control".

"Yes. In fact, it is now a closed case".

"So how is it a situation for us? And why is my presence in Easthill needed?".

Nina kept silent for a short while. "There seems to be something else at play", she then replied. "And as I said, it is yet to be determined. That's why I want the both of you to stay together in Easthill, where I can keep a close watch on you boys", she stated.

Eric thought for a moment. "For how long?", he asked Nina.

"How long do you have left on your holiday?", Nina asked him.

"About three weeks", was Eric's reply.

"Then you will be spending your holiday in Easthill with Alex".

"All of it?!",

Yes...and even more if it comes to that".

"Shiiiiit", Eric heaved a frustrated sigh and looked outside of the car.

"You have to cancel all your plans in Metro-city and you will be flying out with Alex tomorrow", Nina ordered.

"So soon?", Eric glanced at Alex and gave Nina a baffled look. "So what are we gonna be doing throughout our stay in Easthill?", he asked her.

"Whatever it is that you young guys do during your vacation", Nina replied. "But it's going to be very discrete and mostly indoors", she warned. "And never to be seen together in the same place if you boys happen to go to a public place".

"This is going to be pretty hard", Eric muttered and shook his head.

"The investigation is now closed for sure, but some people might be watching. So you boys have to do that just in case".

"It's gonna be just you and me, bro", Alex grinned at Eric with a hand patting his back.

"Keep your hand to yourself before I break it", Eric muttered to his brother and the hand withdrew immediately.

Nina then opened her black leather handbag and took out a thick white envelope.

"These are your flight tickets", she said and tossed the envelope at them. "I am expecting to hear that you boys are together in our secret location in Easthill by tomorrow evening".

Eric picked up the envelope that had landed on his lap. "By the way", he began and peaked at its content. "Why is he here with you in Metro-city?", he asked Nina, jerking his head at Alex.

"He is here just in case of the need to convince Esther that your stay in Easthill will be nothing that would be of great concern to her", Nina replied.

Eric nodded his agreement with Nina's reply. His foster mother had been highly protective of him ever since he established contact with his biological mother.

"And one more thing, and this is the most important of all", Nina continued. She took off her shades, looked over her shoulder, and stared at Eric. "I don't want you to meet that girl", she warned sternly.

"You mean Lisa, she is not even in the country", Eric reminded her. "I thought you already know that".

"Whatever her name is or wherever she is, I forbid you to have any contact with her", Nina insisted. "And no matter the circumstance, don't even try to do it", she slowly gave Eric the warning that sounded like a grave one.

Eric sighed with a thoughtful look on his face and dropped the envelope beside Alex.

"So, anything else?", he asked.

"That's all for now", Nina replied. Then she called Max and gestured at him that it was time for them to leave. "You boys can now get down, and make sure that no one sees the both of you leaving together, including those idiot friends of yours and the other idiot that you had manhandled", she gave her final orders.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 1:42am On Sep 10, 2022
Eric watched the Black Chevy driving off to join the traffic on the main street. Alex was standing beside him and wore a hooded sweater with the hood covering his head. After the vehicle had disappeared in the traffic, Eric turned to Alex.

"So, what is this all about?", he asked his twin brother.

"I'm just as confused as you are, man", Alex shook his head. "I just woke up this morning to mother's text message, saying that we will be going somewhere. Now I am miles away from home and standing here with you", he continued.

"What exactly really happened in Easthill?", Eric demanded with an inquisitive stare at Alex.

"We were summoned by the state's new chief prosecutor", Alex exhaled, digging both hands inside the pockets of his sweater. "A very fine-looking lady who happens to be our mother's classmate back in high school, and also her greatest enemy", he continued with his eyes taking cursory glances around the place their mother had left them.

"And?", Eric raised his eyebrow at him.

"Well, apart from being someone that runs an open door policy in between her leg.....", Alex chuckled. ".....the woman didn't present herself as a serious trouble for us. She only called us to break the news about the case being closed. Nothing out of the ordinary happened", he said.

"So what is this situation that mother is talking about?", Eric asked.

"I don't know", Alex shrugged. "You know how mom can be whenever her spidey senses start getting tingling". Then he thought for a few seconds. "The woman also mentioned something else though", he continued. "She broke the news of Angel's father's death", he mentioned.

Eric gazed at Alex on hearing that.

"Suicide, according to her", Alex went on. "The man woke up in the morning and decided to blow his brains out. He also killed his wife too, did the deed first before taking his own life".

Eric gave his brother a long thoughtful stare. Then he turned away with the thoughtfulness still written on his face.

"So what's the cause of the enmity between her and mother?", he then asked.

"From my guess, I think mom's boyfriend back in high school, cheated on mom with this woman", Alex replied. "Must have been a real heartbreak for mom cos she was just totally rude to the woman", he added. The sh!t happened two decades ago, but she doesn't wanna let go of it", Alex shook his head.

Eric then stole a glance at his wristwatch. "I think we have to be going now", he murmured. "Wait here till I bring the car around", he told his brother and started making his way toward the place where he had parked his car.

On his way to his car, Eric's attention got drawn to Terry. Terry was now sitting on the ground, his head bowed, looking defeated with a pitiful image, and seemingly reevaluating his entire life.

Eric then made a beeline toward Terry and stood before him. Terry slowly looked up and stared at his nemesis. Eric stared back at Terry for a while and then bent over him with a hand being placed on his shoulder.

"There are a lot of things that I hate", he began with the hand giving Terry a somewhat friendly pat on the shoulder. "Guys that threaten a female that did no wrong to them is one. But insulting my mother tops that list", he said.

Terry remained silent. The fear of something else terrible happening to him was written on his face that was red and swollen with imprints of fingers.

"I'm gonna just let it slide this time", Eric continued. "But if you ever disrespect my mother again, then it's gonna be a different show for all these people cos they gonna watch me opening up all medieval tactics on your ass", he warned. "Do i make myself clear?". Then he calmly straightened up, left Terry, and continued towards his car.

Alex remained in the corner that hid him from onlookers till Eric's car engine turned over. The Toyota drove towards his position and Eric brought it to a halt a few metres away from him.

Alex quickly proceeded to the car and slid in the front passenger seat. Eric then hit the gas pedal and started heading to his new destination.

2 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 1:47am On Sep 10, 2022
I will be seeing you guys next week friday. I hope you all have a good one this weekend.

3 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Profmaojo: 8:40am On Sep 10, 2022
Welcome back sir, I really enjoyed the first two. I'm looking forward to this
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Ibunkun1(m): 9:16am On Sep 10, 2022
ironkurtain:
I will be seeing you guys next week friday. I hope you all have a good one this weekend.

Thank you boss.
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Olaitan3784(f): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2022
Before reading, let me say a big WELCOME BACK TO YOU

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by yungbanks(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2022
Please keep it coming so far so good
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Deasegun19(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2022
yes. yes. Eric. Eric.
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
Deasegun19:
yes. yes. Eric. Eric.

cheesy
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2022
yungbanks:
Please keep it coming so far so good

Will do that, thanks man
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2022
Meneski

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by do4luv14(m): 2:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
ironkurtain:
Meneski

ahh, and I thought an update had landed ooo
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Niwdog(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2022
Welcome back

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 4:15am On Sep 14, 2022
Olaitan3784:
Before reading, let me say a big WELCOME BACK TO YOU

Thanks my sis. Longest time oo
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by King2019(m): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Welcome back bro, I am happy you still remember your loyal reader tongue
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 10:07am On Sep 14, 2022
King2019:
Welcome back bro, I am happy you still remember your loyal reader tongue

Of course I do bro. You guys are the ones inspiring me.
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Vidamia(m): 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
ironkurtain:

Of course I do bro. You guys are the ones inspiring me.
Bro abeg pls make am twice per week. Nah everytime I dey check this post maybe you will mistakenly drop an update......suspense is too much to bear
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Tech01: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2022
Bleep!! Bloodline is back cool cool
Thanks for the mentioned,
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 5:29am On Sep 17, 2022
Eric gently placed the white chinaware plate on the dining table as he and Alex quietly prepared the table for dinner. Benjamin, Esther's 2-year-old son, and Eric's little brother was sitting among the numerous toys on the living room floor and cheerily playing with one. And each time his attention was drawn to the twins, he stares at them confusedly. Alex had visited the house several times. But on each occasion, he was always left wondering which of the twins was the one that he always sees in the house.

Eric looked in Benjamin's position and smiled at him. He ran his eyes at the rest of the plates he had properly set on the table and looked at Alex. His brother was standing beside him, cluelessly staring at the cutleries in his hand. Alex had never set a dinner table before and was wondering on which side of the plates to place the right cutlery.

"What are you doing?", Eric asked him.

Alex sighed with a defeated look on his face. "On which side of the plate should the fork and spoon go?", he replied with his question.

"Years of stuffing your face at the dinner table and you still don't know the proper side for each cutleries?", Eric chuckled at him and turned away.

"Hey man, where am from, the house helps do that work",

"And I am very impressed with that dumb excuse".

"Yeah, why don't you impress my balls in your dumb mouth, man"

"Hand me the knife first so that I can see which of them, to begin with".

"You mean the knife that I'm about to sheath in between your ass?".

Then Esther stepped into the dining place with her mitts covered hands carrying a steaming bowl of food. Her ears were greeted by the twins back and forth.

"Boys", she chuckled and set the bowl at the center of the dining table. "I wonder what this house would be like if I had ended up with both of you", she laughed and took the cutleries from Alex.

"It would have been a much better place than it is now, ma", Alex smiled.

"Yeah, with someone constantly passing out from doing simple housework", Eric muttered quietly.

"More like stocking up lots of aspirin that I will be needing just to see that you two get along with each other", Esther quipped as she properly set the cutleries. "I might even age faster".

"Nah, that will never happen", Alex opposed with a smile.

Esther looked at Eric. "Eric, I want you to help me with something in my bedroom", she requested. Eric nodded and followed Esther as she walked out of the dining room. Then he paused and looked at Benjamin.

"If you catch him stealing meat, you beat his ass", Eric said to his little brother and it brought a cute smile on Benjamin's face though he didn't even understand that order.

"Bro, just a few years left before you start running for the hills whenever he comes around", Alex said after Eric as he left.

"You boys", Esther laughed as she led the way to her bedroom.

When Eric and Esther got inside the well-organized bedroom with a king-sized bed, Esther quietly closed the door.

"So", Esther began and looked at Eric. "What is this business you have in Easthill that brought Alex all the way from there to inform you?", she asked.

Eric shrugged. "I thought he had already told us", he replied.

"That your father wants you to sign some documents? That's not really convincing, not to me", Esther noted, furrowing her brows at Eric.

"Well, I have to be there myself to know if that's what it is about", Eric said. "And I have also decided to use it as an opportunity to spend the holiday with Lisa too", he further lied.

"But you said that she won't be coming to the country".

"She had a change of plan".

Esther sighed and thoughtfully stared at the door of the room that she shared with her husband, David.

"I hope it's not about your mother?", she then asked. "You know that I am always concerned about you meeting her, after all, that she had made you go through", she muttered. "Ever since that woman appeared, it's always you going from one camp to another, staying there for months and coming back looking different".

"I don't think it has anything to do with Nina", Eric said and hated himself for lying to his foster mother. "Besides I am old enough to take care of myself. You have to stop worrying too much about me though", he stated.

Esther looked at her son. "Eric, you know it's very difficult for me to do that", she said to him. "Last time someone said that to me, I ended up having a lasting painful memory". Esther paused for a short moment and shook her head with a downcast gaze. Then she looked back at Eric. "But I don't want to be the one holding you back from doing the things that you want to do. You should go if it is something that must be done", she continued. "But always bear in mind that I will be waiting till you come back home, and I will never forgive you if you don't", Esther concluded quietly.

Eric could hear the sadness in her tone of voice when Esther uttered those last words. He drew closer and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry mom, I will be back when am done", he assured her with a smile. "You know that I always come back home to you", he added, rubbing his mother's shoulder.

Esther nodded and then walked out of the bedroom. Eric's cell phone made a brief vibration of an alert in his pocket as he followed his foster mother. He reached for it as he stepped out of the room. Then he paused in his tracks with furrowed brows as he read the new text message that he had just received, and then joined the rest at the dining table.

The dining table was now completely set for the day's dinner. Benjamin was now sitting in his toddler chair that was next to Esther's seat and being bubbly. Eric dropped his weight on the chair next to Alex, who had already made himself comfortable at the table. Alex rubbed his palms with a delightful stare at the delicious food in front of him with its sweet aroma and immediately reached for his spoon.

"Alex, do the honour of saying the prayer before we eat", Eric said to his brother.

"Aww come on man", Alex sighed with his hand left suspending over his cutleries. "Why do you have to do me like that?".

"What's the matter now?", Eric asked.

"You know that I ain't the religious type", Alex protested and sheepishly glanced at Esther.

"I don't care if you worship Baphomet, just say a prayer so that we can all eat. I'm starving", Eric interrupted.

"Alex dear, just say a short prayer", Esther smiled.

Alex sighed again. "Dear Father....God in heaven....", he began with his eyes closed.

The first line of the prayer amused Esther. But Eric's mind was on the text message that he had received. It was a text from Lisa. And as Alex continued his prayer, Eric was busy trying to think up an alternative plan that he could put in motion, other than the one that Nina had set for them. He needs a good one because Lisa said that she will be in the country by tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Ibunkun1(m): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2022
Thanks boss. I hope this is not all oo.
This update is short cry
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 10:18am On Sep 17, 2022
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2022
CHAPTER THREE.

Two masked men heaved sighs of heavy breaths, hastily stepping into what appeared to be an empty warehouse. And with them, a nude body that they dragged across the dirt and debris that littered on the floor of place. They stopped infront of two other men that were in the place, roughly let go of the body infront of them, and stepped back with one of the masked men unslinging the black duffle bag that he had been carrying along with him.

The warehouse was in a dilapidating state and seemed to be had been abandoned for several years with all the windows boarded up with thick plywood. Two construction work lamps were being used to illuminate the place with a bright light. Its atmosphere was thick with floating dust particles and a heavy smell of mold and decay, lingering in the air.

The nude body was that of a girl. Her entire body was covered with severe bruises that even made her young age, quite unrecognizable. She was still alive but barely, and her hands and fingers were moving weakly. The other two men that seemed to had been waiting for the masked men, stared at the nude body in silence.

Unlike the masked men, their faces was unhidden, though their identities was made partly visible by the bright rays of the lamps that was standing behind them. One of the men was sitting on a chair and wore a black trench coat that covered his broad and somewhat well built shoulders. He appeared to be in his early forties with a handsome facial feature, and long legs that tells of his tall height.

His partner; the man standing next to him, was a few centimeter shorter, plain looking, and similarly built like the man on the chair. He was standing with both hands tucked inside the pockets of his black leather jacket that was open and revealing the grey turtleneck shirt that he wearing underneath the jacket.

For a long moment both men stared at the girl who happened to be their victim, with the one on the chair, doing so with a look of disgust and a satisfying smile in his face.

"I hope the boys had their fun with her", the man on the chair then broke the silence.

"Totally wasted", his partner replied with a sneer. "They even took all kinds of enhancement sh!ts. Quite a surprise to see that the chick is even still alive", he continued.

"Did she say anything at all?", the man asked again.

"Just like her boyfriend, she said she doesn't know anything at all", his partner answered. "Maybe they indeed don't know, or just plainly stupid".

The chair made a low creak as the man then leaned forward, resting his elbows on his thighs as he lowered his trunk to gaze at the girl

"She is special to me - That's what your boyfriend said about you", he snorted at the girl. "You won't be that much of an appeal when you meet him in hell, we will make sure of that", he mutterred with his eyes on his clean and well manicured fingernail. "And so will the rest of your friends that will soon be on their way too", he added.

The man got to his feet and looked at the men that had brought the girl to his presence. "Get rid of her....make her look pretty, and be sure to leave her in the place where her people would find her", he ordered them.

The two masked individuals nodded and then commenced to act on the orders that they were given. The man readjusted the collar of his trench coat and watched as they got down to work. One of them was now slipping white latex gloves on his hands while the other had already taken out a thick industrial plastic wrap that was neatly folded, from the duffle bag. His hand also took out a medium sized sledgehammer and a nail that's almost the length of a tent pin.

The man then made his way towards the warehouse door, following after his partner that was now exiting the place while making a phonecall. He made one last glance at the nude body as the masked men, who were done spreading out the plastic wrap on floor, lifted the girl and laid her on the wrap. His eyes caught the sight of nail being stood on the girl's temple as he walked out of the door. And then heard the echoes of the nail being hammered as he stepped into the chilly weather of the night with visibility made fair by the moon in the cloudless sky.

Filling his lungs with a deep breath of fresh air, he gave the moon a glance, and gently exhaled. He made several glances around the place that looked secluded and surrounded with several rundown structures. A few rusty signboards and some worn out machineries lying around, showed that it was an abandoned factory complex.

Two vehicles stood a few feet away from him. One was a minivan that the masked men had used to transport their victim to the place. The other vehicle was a black Bmw that brought the man and his partner. His partner was standing beside the Bmw, and now ending the phone conversation that he had been having.

His partner then coming with his hand tucking the cellphone into his pocket. "Johnny and his crew just got a drop on our top priority subject", he began. "They saw her at her residence this afternoon".

"So why am i hearing this now, instead of being told that they have gotten their hands on her", the man asked.

"That's the same question i asked him", his partner replied with a shrug. "According to him, he wanted to make a double check in order to be sure that she is the one. And with her staying in a well secured residential area, making a quick grab at that location in daylight might create alot of problems for him.

"How? That fool only need a loaded gun and the threat to cause harm, to make her stay silent and get into his car like a good girl", the man scoffed. "Or is he intending to do the job with a f@cking military tank?", he asked with a chuckle.

The man's partner chuckled too. "But no worries about that though", he said to the man. "He said that everything is now in place. And that we should be expecting her being delivered to us by tomorrow morning".

"Okay", the man nodded, looking quite pleased with the news. Then he glanced at his wristwatch. "Anything else?", he asked and started heading towards the Bmw.

"Yes", his partner replied and followed him. "I just got off the phone with Bronco. He wants to have a meeting with you".

The man paused in his tracks on hearing the news. He looked over his shoulder and gave his partner and inquisitive gaze.

"And he wants it to be done immediately", his partner added.

The man maintained his gaze at his partner for a brief while. "Did he say where he wants to meet?", he then asked.

"He said we should drive to Palmgroove boulevard and call him when we get there", his partner replied.

"Well", the man sighed and opened the door to the backseat of the Bmw. "If he wants me to meet him immediately, then we should be on our way to Palmgroove boulevard", he grunted and dropped his weight on the black leather covered car seat.

His partner got behind the car wheel and the headlamps switched on with the car engine turning over.

8 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Vidamia(m): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
Ride on boss.....but the update is not much

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Mantee(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2022
Good Story my dear. Please feed us more

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
My apologies for the short update. I was busy with the family last week. So I couldn't write much, pls bear with me.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
The Bmw grinded to a halt next to the line of cars parked along the street curb. The vehicle was standing some meters away from a somewhat large-sized single storey building with a big blinking neon sign of a cowgirl. The engine of the Bmw and its headlamps then turned off. The two male occupants in the vehicle closely studied the building with the neon sign, and the activities that was going in front of it, which seemed to be not much of a deal.

The building was a strip club. The place looked seemingly like a place for suspicious activities, which was quite understandable, being located in a seedy neighborhood in the bad part of town. A few luxury brand cars were among the vehicles that were lined up in front of the building, and most likely owned by shady characters that ran illegal businesses in the city. The club was well known to be patronized by such individuals.

Both men studied the place for a while. Mostly keeping their focus on the few men that were hanging around the building. Two hefty no-nonsense looking bouncers that guarded the club's entry door, remained rooted in their position and checked on the patrons that were going in or out of the place.

"Why would Bronco wanna meet me in that damn armpit of a place?", the man then began with a sigh.

"I don't know, man", his partner shook his head. "That's his regular joint. Maybe he wants a place where he feels more comfortable". Then he looked at the man. "Do you want me to call the boys? Just incase Bronco decides to start something funny", he asked.

"No", the man replied and unbuckled his seatbelt. "I've known Bronco for a very long time. He wanting to see me on a short notice means that he really wants to do business", he continued.

"The guy is a f@cking certified lunatic", his partner mentioned. "Are you sure he is the best guy for this deal", he then asked with some concern in his voice. "I always keep my eyes open whenever am around that crazy bastard", he muttered. "There's no telling of what he might do".

"I know. But he is the best guy for this deal", the man smiled. "He is the only person that would give me what i want, and quick enough", he continued and opened the car door.

The man's partner then unbuckled his seatbelt and paused for a short moment. Then he opened the car compartment box that revealed a black semi-auto handgun. He immediately reached for it, tucked it in his waistbelt, and got out of the vehicle. He adjusted his jacket, and increased his steps so as to catch-up with the man that was now heading towards the front door of the strip club.

"Sir, can i see your i.d", one of the bouncers demand from the man.

"The name is Desmond", the man identified himself.

The other bouncer immediately stepped forward and tapped his co-worker on his shoulder, and told him that he would handle it. His co-worker immediately stepped aside. He beckoned at the man to follow him. The man then glanced at his partner who remained standing outside. His partner already knew the drill; he has to wait outside because Bronco had told them that he wanted the man, his boss by the name Desmond, to meet him alone.

Desmond made a few casual glances around the strip club, both hands tucked in the pockets of his coat, and flashing blank expressions at the skimpy dressed waitresses that cared to look in his way. He and the bouncer that led the way, made their way through the aisle inbetween the tables and the dance stage, as they headed towards a corridor.

The place was moderately filled with both new and regular patrons, with many more to come before the time marches its way into the hours of midnight. Three strippers were performing on a raised platform stage that has two stainless metal poles, with psychedelic and disco lights bouncing around its floor. The 'Whithead bros' groovy "Your love is a 187" song, was blaring from the club's loudspeakers. And to the music, the overly scanty dressed strippers, grooved their bodies in all sorts of seductive ways that would make a priest to have a rethink of his vows.

The girls were all putting up their best sexy dance moves to the guests' entertainment. They were performing all sorts of erotic tricks with the metal poles, touching and twisting their bodies in lewd ways that mostly impressed the drooling patrons sitting at the tables around the stage that were leering at their bodies. And making provocative gestures that brought about the occasional tosses of numerous currency notes in their direction, from the excited crowd around them. Some patrons that were seated at the tables situated at the dark corners of the club, were getting lap dances from the strippers that they had fancied. Some just watched while enjoying their drinks.

The bouncer arrived near the entrance of the corridor to the private rooms with Desmond and whispered a few words to the waitress that was standing next to the corridor. The waitress nodded, and the motioned at Desmond to follow her with a superficial smile.

Desmond made no reply to the woman's gesture. He followed her as she led him into the dimly lit corridor with the several doors of the club's V.I.P rooms. And she was heading towards the door being guarded by two stout and grim looking men.

On seeing the waitress approaching them with Desmond in her company, the men immediately opened the door of the room they were guarding. They stepped aside for Desmond to go through when he stood before them. The waitress immediately turned around and headed back to club's main floor. She was very brisk in her steps, as if she was running late on something very important. Perhaps she's going back to the place of her prowl for the next man that would be unfortunate enough to take a hit to his wallet.

Desmond stole a quick glance at the waitress as she mechanically walked out of the corridor, he regarded the two men with a faint smile that didn't change the scowls on their faces, and then walked into the room.

The V.I.P room was fairly big, and enough to contain up to six people. It had a rectangular table standing inbetween a crescent shaped, red leather covered sofa. The light in the room was quite moderate, but enough to give a clear view of the faces of three individuals that were in the place. They all had glasses of drinks in front of them with several bottles of liquors and a bucket of ice on the table. Two of them are male, and the third, a young woman dressed in skimpy clothing.

One of the males, a man that looked to be in his mid thirties, barely handsome with an unemotional look on his face, and built like an olympic wrestler. He was dressed in a button down khaki jacket with a gold wristwatch around his wrist, and sitting away from the other man that was younger and good looking. He held inbetween the fingers of one hand, a burning stick of tobacco, with the fingers of the other hand wrapped around his glass, and staring at Desmond intently.

Desmond didn't know the young man, and young woman that were both sitting close to each other like intimate couples. It was his first time seeing them. But the man in the khaki outfit, with a calm composure in his seat, and closely staring at him, he knew very well. He was also fully aware that being calm, weren't among the words used to describe the man's real character.

The man's name is Bronco Brown. In the criminal world, he was also known as Brazy Bronco; Brazy, short for 'Bloody crazy'. And just as Desmond's partner had earlier described him, he's a certified lunatic whose name was synonymous with murder. To the authorities, he was a stone cold killer. He was also a man in their list of the suspected criminals whom they were finding almost impossible to prosecute due to the absence of witnesses that are willing or even alive, to testify against him.

Bronco started his crime career as a 'hitter'; a hit-man whose services were employed by drug dealers that wanted to take out their competitors. But as time went by, and him seeing the crazy amount of money that his employers were making, he decided to switch up in that career to become a drug dealer. He wanted a piece of the pie in the drug business. And with that ambition in mind, coupled with his ruthlessness and greed, he took most of that pie by murderously taking over a huge chunk of the drug business in the city of Easthill, killing off most of his competitors that also included the ones that had once employed his services. And putting himself at the top of the drug distribution and murder game.

Every individuals in the underworld knew how he operates; you are either doing business with him or you are not, and no inbetweens. Those that did business with him, did it mostly on his own terms. Those that didn't, were faced with the barrel of a gun, and the ones that didn't meet a violent death, had to shut down their operations and were forced to flee the state.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
"Is this your idea of the best place to have an important meeting?", Desmond then began at the man with a hand waving around the room. "In a filthy gutter with all kinds of STDs crawling in it?".

"You already know that i am a very careful man", Bronco muttered

"You should've atleast given me a heads-up", Desmond continued as he made his way towards Bronco's position. "So that i can bring the necessary disinfectants with me", he grunted as he dropped his weight beside Bronco and made himself comfortable on the sofa.

Bronco reached for the empty glass on the table and placed it infront of Desmond. He snapped his fingers at the girl who immediately got to her feet. She got hold of one of the bottles on the table proceeded to serve Desmond a drink. After she was done filling his glass half-way with a drink from the half empty bottle of Hennessey, she left the bottle back in its former position and then reached for the bucket filled with small blocks of ice.

"No need for that", Desmond curtly said to her as she made a move to put some ice in his drink. "And you should get that filthy ass out of here", he continued at her in the same unfriendly tone.

"Hey!". The man sitting next to the girl glared at Desmond. "Don't you ever disrespect my girl like that again", he warned.

Desmond smirked and raised his glass to his lips. "Is she doing her regular medical checkups?", he asked the man after sipping his drink. "Taking a pee that feels like pissing razor-blades, is one hell of a shitty discomfort", he said without looking at the young man and smacked his lips. "Perhaps you already know that", he continued.

"Motherfucker what did you just say?", the young man asked, slowly getting to his feet and narrowing the glare in the his eyes at Desmond

"Rick, sit your ass down, and tell your girl to leave us", Bronco then muttered quietly, and with an expression that showed little interest for the brewing arguments.

The young man who's name is Ricardo, but goes by the name Rick, quietly took his seat with the anger still written on his face. Then he looked at his 'stripper' girlfriend and jerked his head at the door. The girl glanced at Rick, then straightened her skimpy black skirt with an insulting glare at Desmond, and quietly walked out of the room.

"So....", Desmond continued and reached for his glass of drink. "Why do you wanna meet me on a short notice, in this rot?", he asked, checking for any foreign substance that might have fallen into his drink from the girl's body.

"Like i said, i am a very careful man", Bronco gave a noncommittal reply and took a drag from his cigarette. "I wanted to be a hundred percent sure that nothing else is at play, apart from what you are bringing to the table", he continued and blew a cloud of tobacco smoke.

"You are being suspicious of me even after us knowing each other for almost fifteen years", Desmond scoffed and regarded Bronco with an incredulous look.

"You spent seven of those years in the joint for a ten-years prison sentence", Bronco replied, and still sounding noncommittal. "That's more than enough time for jailbirds to take the decision of getting in bed with the Canaries for a reduced sentence, or an early release".

"So..you think that i might have turned an informant for the...Canaries?", Desmond asked, narrowing his eyes at Bronco.

"One can't really tell, these days".

"Is that why your men were tailing me on my way to this meeting?".

Bronco shifted his gaze from his drink to Desmond, quite surprised by the man being aware of the men that he had sent to watch him. But he didn't let him see that that feelings.

"Like i said, i am a very careful man", Bronco then said, turned away and sipped his drink. "I had to send my men do it so as to check-up on your movements, and to also do a pest control, in case a rat is being sent my way", he continued.

Desmond chuckled. "Even after getting a re-up of the products, and me giving your associate some jobs to do for me?", he asked.

Bronco shrugged. "These days the damn cops are willing to do anything just to get their hands on any stink that would enable them make their arrest", he muttered quietly.

"So, what does it mean?", Desmond asked, sounding quite irritated and staring at Bronco intently. "If you still wanna keep being paranoid with your rat catchers following me around and sniffing every step that i make to see if it smells of rat, that's on you, man. But you gotta know that i'm always willing to do the deal with the next guy that's willing to do business", he said impatiently. "And you best pray to....Pablo Escobar, that it won't be one of your enemies".

Bronco turn his attention back at Desmond and regarded him with a hard gaze.

"They gonna stifle you out of business, just like that". Desmond snapped his fingers at Bronco "And no amount of gunplay will stop that from happening", he continued.

"Anyway....". Bronco sighed. ".....So what's the deal? Are you really serious about what you told me?", he asked.

"I mean every word of it", Desmond replied.

"So you are telling me that you really want to hand over all your operations?"

"For the right price".

"And that includes all your dealings with your Colombian connect?".

"Do i sound like i am talking out of my ass? You heard me right".

Bronco sighed and remained silent, fingering his glass and thoughtfully stared at it for a while. Then he leaned closer to Desmond.

"You know very well that your stuff is top grade in this country", he then said.

"Always the sugar delight for sure", Desmond said proudly about the cocaine that he was supplying to Bronco and other drug dealers.

"So why would you wanna quit on a product with the potential of raking in an unimaginable amount of money?", Bronco asked with a fixed searching gaze at Desmond.

Desmond sighed, and stared at his glass for a long moment. "I'm planning on retiring", he then replied. "Having being to prison one to many times, and losing someone that is very dear to me, there's not left for me in this country", he continued with a thoughtful stare in his eye. "I intend to leave this damn country and relocate somewhere else. Perhaps got to one of those island countries, and spend the rest of my days partying, getting drunk, and banging pretty girls. Probably die with one on top of me", he smirked and sipped his drink.

Rick, who had remained silent throughout the discussion, chuckled at Desmonds words with a gleeful look on his face. It drew Desmond's attention at him.

"You are yet to introduce your friend to me", Desmond said with a fixed gaze at Rick. "Or should i just see him as Mr Ho fucker?", he asked, turning his eyes back at Bronco.

"Hey man, do you have to insult everything that you set your eyes upon?", Rick asked, leaning forward with a frown.

"He is a guy that i do business with", Bronco put in. "And also a partner in this deal", he added.

Desmond stared at Rick, and at the blue sweat shirt and pants outfit that he was wearing, with a distasteful look on his face.

Why is he a partner in this deal?", he then asked Bronco.

"That's my f@cking business, not yours", Bronco retorted with some anger in his voice, and glared at Desmond.

Desmond gave Bronco a brief stare, glanced at Rick who seemingly appeared to be glad that Bronco defended him, and then blew out his cheeks with his eyes resting on his glass of drink.

"No need to be worked up", he said to Bronco, and took another glance at Rick. "I just want to be sure of him", he continued and raised the glass to his lips.

"So when's the deal gonna happen?", Bronco asked.

Desmond swallowed his drink with a grimace. "Do you have the money?", he asked.

"Yeah i got the money", Bronco replied.

"All in cash?".

"Just like you had said".

Desmond nodded at Bronco's with a weak smile. He finished his drink with one swig and left his glass beside Bronco's drink. Then he got to his feet, and regarded Bronco with a delightful smile.

"Always keep the money at hand", he said. "My connect is on his way to this country. I will give you a call when he arrives, and tell you where we gonna meet".

Bronco nodded at Desmond, and reclined, resting his broad shoulders on the sofa back cushion. He regard Desmond with his usual unemotional stare and nodded again.

Desmond then gave Rick an expressionless glance and started heading towards the door.

"And", he suddenly began as he paused in his tracks, and looked over his shoulder. "Tell your associate that i am expecting the delivery by tomorrow morning, as he had promised", he informed Bronco. "He shouldn't fail me", he warned and the opened the door to exit the room.

"Did it go well?". Desmond's partner asked as both of them took their seats in the Bmw.

Desmond slammed the door of the backseat and heaved a sigh. "It went well, as i had expected", he replied.

"Sounds good to me", Desmond's partner said quietly, staring at Desmond through the rearview mirror, and waiting for his next order.

Desmond remained quiet for a shortwhile with his eyes staring at the strip club that he had walked out from.

"Hey Matt, do you know a guy that's in the dope game by the name Rick?", he than asked his partner. "Young dude, good looking, and sort of a 'chill' kind of guy?", he continued, describing Rick to his partner, Matt.

"Yeah i know him", Matt replied. "Ricardo Hughes. They call him Pretty Rick", he continued. He looked over his shoulder to his boss, Desmond. "Is he in there?", he asked.

"Yeah, he in there, as Bronco's business partner", Desmond replied.

"Well, i know for sure that he gets his coke from Bronco, and he likes to keep low-key even though it's said that he has alot of cash", Matt said. "Is he going to be some kind of problem?", he asked.

Desmond sighed, thought for a few moments. "I want you to put a guy on his girlfriend, she seems to be a working girl in that joint", he then told Matt. "I want her every moves to be watched closely and every updates given to me", he continued.

"It will be done immediately", Matt nodded. "Anything else?", he asked.

Desmond shook his head at Matt, and then rested it on the back cushion of the car seat with his eyes closed.

"Take me home", he sighed weakly. "Gotta rest for the important work that we have tomorrow morning", he muttered with his eyes still shut.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Famous Books Of African Authors / Please Don't Scream (PDS) / 7 Must Read Books By African Authors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.