Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] (26198 Views)

The Devil's Puzzle (Reloaded) / The Day I Died (reloaded) / Short Story: Bloodline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Profmaojo: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2022
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Vidamia(m): 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
Just wow

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by King2019(m): 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
Brother, I need your help in test running a site (fdsbooks.com)
We can communicate through email or WhatsApp for any feedback and follow through.
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by yungbanks(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
You always got enticing stories for us keep it flowing boss

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Mantee(m): 7:37am On Sep 25, 2022
This piece is getting more intense and Interesting. Kudos Ironkurtain.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Tech01: 8:20pm On Sep 26, 2022
Always making us wish for more kiss kiss

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 6:19am On Sep 30, 2022
CHAPTER FIVE.

The light of the bright morning sunrise flowed into the bedroom and woke Lisa from her sleep. She yawned as she rose and stretched her arms as far as they could reach. She remained still for a moment and then threw the blanket covering her body, to the side. And saw that she was still in the clothes she had worn last night.

Lisa remained still for another long moment, staring at her clothing, and recollecting the events that had happened last night.

"Oh sh!t", she muttered under her breath and got out of bed on realizing that her date with Eric last night, ended with her falling asleep. Not as she had planned for it to be. And she couldn't remember being that tired as to fall asleep without taking her clothes off.

Then Lisa glanced around the room, glanced at her jacket that was still lying on the floor, and rested her eyes on Eric's jacket that was hung on the chair in her room. Seeing that Eric was still in the house, she quietly made towards the door, feeling her forehead with the back of her hand due to the slight throbbing headache she was having as she reach for the door handle.

"Did you sleep well", Eric began at Lisa with a smile as she walked into the dining room.

Lisa stood behind him, gently wrapped her arms around his waist, and rested her head on his shoulder. Eric caught a whiff of the pleasant smell from her long hair.

"What happened last night?", Lisa asked with a weak tone of voice.

"Well, you drank your wine, gave me a kiss, and passed out", Eric smiled. "Do you want some coffee?", he offered as he stirred the cup of coffee that he had made for himself.

"I gotta brush my teeth first", Lisa sighed and unwrapped her arms from him. "My head hurts, and my mouth tastes like hell", she moaned quietly and sat on one of the dining chairs. Then she rested her elbow on the table and clasped her hands under her chin with a smile and a fixed gaze at Eric.

"What?", Eric asked her as he raised the white ceramic cup of steaming coffee to his lips.

"Last night didn't go....as I had planned", Lisa replied.

"Hm, I didn't know you had other plans in mind", Eric smiled and set the coffee cup on the table as he sat on the opposite chair. Then he stared at his coffee thoughtfully.

"Do you also have something in mind?", Lisa asked on seeing the look on his face.

"Nope", Eric replied. He was thinking about the incident that had happened in her house last night. And the man that he had tortured on the chair that Lisa was now sitting on. "How long will you be staying in the country?", he then asked.

"Well...", Lisa thought for a short moment. "Two weeks and a few days", was her reply.

"What will you be doing?".

"Probably spend most of it with you, and see a few friends too."

Eric remained silent with a thoughtful look on his face again.

Then the doorbell rang out. Eric got tense with his eyes staring at the front door in the living room. Lisa glanced at the wall clock in the dining room.

"The house cleaner is here quite too early", she noted, seeing it was still past nine in the morning.

Then she got to her feet and started heading towards the door. Eric immediately did the same. He followed after her with his hand close to the weapon that he had taken from one of the gunmen, tucked in his waistband and well concealed with his shirt. Lisa opened the door and saw Alex standing before her.

"Morning, beautiful sis", Alex began with a smile at Lisa.

"Morning to you too", Lisa smiled with an inquisitive look on her face as Alex let himself into the house and gave Eric a light slap on his back. "I thought you went on a vacation with the others", she said to him and inquisitively stare at Eric.

"Nah, I prefer to enjoy the party here", Alex replied and dropped his weight on the sofa. "And it gets intense whenever he is in town", he continued, jerking his head at his twin brother.

"I didn't know that he is much of a party guy", Lisa quipped at Eric with a chuckle. She got hold of the t.v remote control that was lying on the living-room center table. She noticed a slightly dusty boot imprint on the floor, and switch on the t.v with less care about it. "Let me go clean up", she then said to Eric and made towards the bathroom.

"Why are you here?", Eric narrowed his eyes at Alex after Lisa left them.

"Just checking on you", Alex replied with his eyes watching the morning news being broadcasted on t.v.

"Why?", Eric demanded.

Alex regarded Eric with a baffled look on his face. "Dude, you killed three men last night", he replied quietly. "And you think I wouldn't be concerned about you and Lisa? There suppose to be a hundred police squad cars outside this house, with yellow tapes and investigations going on".

Eric sighed and headed towards the dining room. Alex got to his feet and followed him.

"Did you get rid of the bodies without being noticed?", Eric asked and got hold of his coffee.

"That was the easiest part", Alex replied. "I had to walk almost two kilometers to get a taxi cab. And getting one at that time is one hell of a piece of work", he went on.

Eric took a sip of the coffee and remained silent.

"So what's the deal?", Alex then asked.

Eric looked at him. "You don't have to involve yourself in this situation, especially if you are worried about mother's reaction if she finds out", he stated.

"You done already dragged me into this sh!t", Alex snorted. "I might as well roll around it to the fullest and face whatever consequences that come with it", he continued.

"Well, this isn't some kind of an intense party. People do get killed in this sort of sh!t", Eric warned his brother.

"And I took care of the first three victims last night, so I very well know that bro", Alex nodded.

Eric sighed again and drank his coffee quietly. Then Alex stole a glance at the living room to be sure that Lisa wasn't within the range of eavesdropping.

"So, did you find anything yet?", Alex asked quietly.

Eric shook his head. "I'm thinking of a way to keep her safe first, before going into it", he said. Then he looked at Alex. "Are you carrying a piece?", Eric asked.

"Yeah I got the glizzy with me", Alex replied, patting the side of his grey t-shirt that concealed the Glock 43 handgun tucked in his waistband.

Eric nodded. "I have to look for a way to get Lisa out of this house", he then muttered quietly. "And I wanna do it without her getting to know what's going on", he continued.

"Yeah", Alex agreed. "Those men having her picture, clearly shows that this ain't some random attack", he noted. "We can't risk getting her too hysterical about her safety".

"Oh my God!".

The sudden exclamation immediately drew both Alex's and Eric's attention toward the living room. They saw Lisa staring at them with a lot of terror written on her face.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by samebony1: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
Hi Iron, Today is friday ooooo. Just to remind you, incase you have forgotten to do the needful, otherwise man go enter plane come meet you for Korea. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 8:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
samebony1:
Hi Iron, Today is friday ooooo. Just to remind you, incase you have forgotten to do the needful, otherwise man go enter plane come meet you for Korea. grin grin grin

My brother, I just woke up. It's 4 am here. I posted this update, and passed out as I was working on the next. I will try as much as I can to upload the it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by jupitre(m): 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
ironkurtain:

My brother, I just woke up. It's 4 am here. I posted this update, and passed out as I was working on the next. I will try as much as I can to upload the it.
Thanks man .We know you're trying and we're grateful for that

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by meneski(m): 1:54am On Oct 01, 2022
ironkurtain:
Meneski
last last.
Our boss is back.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Mantee(m): 2:58am On Oct 01, 2022
ironkurtain:

Thanks.
We are waiting. Please let our weekend be exciting with your updates
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Richyblack1(m): 7:42am On Oct 01, 2022
ironkurtain:

I'm a huge fan of you bro,I read your stories around 2018 I made my siblings read it too..I was so happy when you started writing this again, I couldn't comment cos I forgot my password but I do fellow all your updates..you are amazing bro I wish I can write like you do...you are doing us a great favour with your writing...thanks man

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 11:11am On Oct 01, 2022
"The body of 22 years-old Florence Davies was discovered in the early hours of the morning near the park, and she appeared to have been brutally murdered". The female news anchor continued with her report that had gotten Lisa's attention after she walked out of the bathroom.

"I know that girl", Lisa said quietly as the three of them stood in front of the t.v with their eyes watching the news of the recent murder being broadcasted.

Eric and Alex glanced at themselves and turned their attention back to the t.v screen. It was beaming the images of a dead body that was covered with a white sheet of cloth and being wheeled towards a waiting ambulance. The picture of the female victim was displayed at the top corner of the screen. A face that both Eric and Alex had seen in one of the pictures they saw last night. The hysterical wailings of the dead girl's family could be heard in the background, with the scenes of policemen rolling out their yellow tapes and guarding the crime scene against the small crowd of onlookers.

"This comes a day after the discovery of the body of a young man by the name of Anthony Jones, who had also suffered a similar fate. Florence was believed to be with Anthony on the day both individuals were reported missing by their families", the news anchor went on.

"Oh Lord!", Lisa gasped, her eyes turning wide with her hand covering her mouth.

"Do you also know him?", Eric asked her.

Lisa looked at Eric and nodded. "Florence had introduced him to me as her boyfriend", she informed him, and then stared at the t.v.

"How did you get to know her?", Alex asked.

"She was Tracy's close friend", Lisa replied.

"Tracy? You mean the Tracy that died four years ago?", Eric asked.

"The same girl that set Lisa up in Angel's house?", Alex murmured to Eric. Eric nodded.

"The authorities are now making a full investigation into what appears to be a case of double homicide. And they are appealing to the public for any information that could lead to the arrest of the perpetrators of these gruesome murders", the news anchor concluded

"Florence shouldn't have hanged around with that guy, Anthony", Lisa then muttered. "He always seemed to be some kind of bad news", she went on quietly.

"Why say so?", Eric demanded.

"The guy had this 'Gang-gang' sort of attitude, a thug wannabe", Lisa sighed. "He must have gotten himself into some kind of a situation that might have cost them their lives", Lisa then shook her head and turned away from the t.v.

"When and where was the last time you met them?", Eric asked.

Lisa then curiously furrowed her brows at him. "Why all these questions?", she asked him. "Is there anything wrong?", she asked again after glancing at Alex and noticing the look of concern on his face.

"Well....", Eric began and threw an uncomfortable glance at Alex.

"There seems to be some kind of a situation", Alex immediately put in.

Lisa threw suspicious glances at the twin brothers. "What kind of a situation?", she demanded quietly.

"Our mother said that it has to do with Angel's murder case", Alex replied. Eric then regarded his brother with furrowed eyebrows that seems to be warning him of his utterance. "She thinks that there is something at play", he continued. "She is not that sure, it could be nothing though, but she wants us to be very cautious throughout this vacation".

"And that's why I am in Easthill", Eric put in.

"But you told me that it had been closed", Lisa stated and stared at Eric confusedly. "Do you think it has something to do with Florence's murder?", she asked.

"It is highly unlikely", Eric replied. "It could probably have happened because of Florence's boyfriend's Gang-gang attitude, as you had described him", he lied. "But she's Tracy's close friend like you said, and Tracy was very close to Angel. Now they are all dead. And if you consider our mother's suspicions, it would be advisable for one to tread cautiously for the time being", Eric stated.

"Am I in some kind of danger?", Lisa asked nervously.

"No", Eric replied. "As Alex said, it's probably nothing. Nina lives her life always suspicious of everything. But I would like you to spend your vacation at our place, as a precaution, and most especially for you being all alone in this house throughout your stay in this country", he continued. And this time, it was Alex that was regarding him with furrowed brows, warning him of the utterance that he had just made.

Lisa thought for a brief moment and regarded Eric with an expression that tells of being excited, instead of that of great concern that one suppose to have on hearing such kind of news. It left both Eric and Alex seemingly quite confused. Even though they didn't properly go into details about the situation, or even mentioned the gruesome activities that had happened in her house while she was asleep, they had for sure said enough to at least make her start feeling a bit agitated.

"Okay, I will do that", Lisa then agreed to the request. "So when do I go?", she asked. There was a little bit of excitement in her tone of voice.

"Well, with Alex here with us, we can get the stuff that you will be needing, and go now", Eric replied.

"Okay", Lisa nodded. "I'm yet to unpack the luggage that I had brought with me though. I will just go change my clothes, grab a few stuff, and we will be on our way", she smiled. Then she immediately headed straight to the stairs leading to the rooms.

"That went unexpectedly well with her", Alex noted quietly as he watched Lisa ascend the stairs. Then he looked at Eric. "And very worse for us", he continued. "Dude!, what were you thinking? Why would you wanna take Lisa to our safe house?", he eagerly asked.

"That's the best place to keep her safe", Eric shrugged.

"And then probably get us killed by mother cos you are about to give her the worst disrespect that you have ever given her", Alex protested. "In this case, she wouldn't mind setting Max on our ass and enjoying her wine while watching our ass getting beat to death".

Eric smirked. "I would love to see mother try it", he muttered.

"Hey man, I do respect your talents in knocking a motherfucker out", Alex chuckled. "But don't do that with Max. If that load of boulders puts his hands on you, you gonna perish in an instant", he warned. "Don't be deceived by what he did to your guy in Metro-city. He only gave him a pat on the face".

"Whatever man".

"Yeah, whatever. Don't say I didn't warn you".

"Anyway, after we drop Lisa at the house, I will go to the bar where Lisa and I met last night to see if I can get some info on those men", Eric said.

Alex sighed, his face expressing his displeasure about what they were about to do.

"And I want you to meet Greg and see if he knows anything", Eric continued. "I hope that won't be a problem?", he asked Alex.

"None at all. I know where he usually hangs out", Alex replied, but still looking concerned.

"Good, and always keep the 'heater' with you wherever you go", Eric motioned a finger at the side where Alex was concealing his handgun. "You will always be needing it from now on", he concluded as they waited for Lisa.

4 Likes

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Vidamia(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2022
Ride on boss

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2022
12.35 pm noon of the same day,

"Wait here", the male bartender said plainly and walked away. Eric nodded and watched the man head towards the position of the pool table.

With his hands dug inside the pockets of his brown jacket, Eric looked around the bar. He was quite taken aback by the size of the place; the AMBER-CAT looked quite spacious without the usual rowdy crowd. He monitored the activities of the waitresses and bartenders that were busy with the cleanings and setting things in the right places. They were all preparing for the business that they would be having tonight.

Moments later, the bartender then came back.

"He is over there", he said to Eric and pointed at the man standing near the pool table with his back hunched and going through something on the surface of the pool table.

Eric nodded his thanks and went towards the man, the owner of the bar whom he easily recognized.

"Good day sir", he began at the man.

The bar owner turned around, saw Eric, and regarded him with a look of recognition.

"Yeah, can I help you?", he asked with indifference and turned his attention back to the pile of papers in front of him.

"Yes sir", Eric replied. "Sir I wanna ask...."

"It's Reggie", the bar owner coldly interrupted before Eric could continue.

"Okay", Eric murmured, wondering the reason for the man's lukewarm attitude that was a clear contrast to the friendliness that he had shown last night.

"So what's the problem", Reggie asked, still with indifference in his tone, and not looking at Eric.

"I want to ask about the guy that my girlfriend had some issues within your bar last night", Eric began.

"Issues with your girlfriend?", Reggie asked.

"Yeah"

"So why isn't she here asking the question instead of you?",

The question made Eric narrow his eyes at Reggie.

"Anyway, what do you wanna know about the guy?", Reggie then asked

"Everything", Eric replied.

"And the reason being what?"

"It's because of the way he approached her last night", Eric replied. "She's having a lot of concern for her safety cos she thinks that the guy might be up to something", he stated.

Reggie smirked and looked at Eric. "And you think that I am the go-to-person for these questions because your girl had an issue with some random dude in this bar?", he asked.

"I know that the guy isn't just some random dude....and it happened in your bar", Eric said in a matter-of-fact tone. He was now feeling the contempt for Reggie's rudeness, slowly building inside him.

"And what makes you think so?" Reggie demanded.

"Well, I saw how you related with him, just as much as you saw my presence when you were settling the quarrel", Eric coldly replied, his face now becoming dead serious.

Reggie pursed his lips and faced the pile of receipts on the pool table. "I do relate with all my regular customers, and there are many of them", he muttered. "You can't expect me to know everything about them, I can even barely remember the first name of most of them", he said nonchalantly.

"I know what I saw", Eric insisted. "And I hate being taken for a fool", he warned. "So let's just cut to the f@cking chase and tell me what I want to hear".

Reggie scoffed and turned his attention back to Eric. "Young man, you can see that I'm very busy, and I'm not in the business of giving information to random strangers", Reggie began irritatedly with a frown. "If your girlfriend is scared because of some guy that she encountered in my place, then she damn well needs to go make a report to the authorities", he warned. "They are the ones that I will only answer to in this matter. And I don't see any identification that makes you one of them. So if you are not here to spend money on booze, then you have no damn business being in this place, my friend", he concluded rudely with his thick hand motioning at the bar entrance door. Then he turned his wide back at Eric and continue sorting out the papers on the pool table.

Eric remained in his position, dead silent and regarding Reggie with a lot of contempt. He wished that he had met the man in a different place, only just the two of them. There, he would certainly put his uncivilized methods of getting answers to use. And for sure every consideration will be next to nothing.

After a short while Reggie turned and saw that Eric hadn't made any move at all.

"Why are you still here?", Reggie frown again. "Didn't I make it clear that this place isn't a public information office?"

Eric has had enough. With that, he stepped closer to Reggie. Close enough to perceive the stale tobacco smoke reeking from the man's shirt.

"Sir", Eric began as he took a deep breath. "I know very well that you own and run this place", he acknowledged and exhaled to control the fire of anger that was now raging in his chest. "But I ain't cool with being disrespected, be it in any form or from whomever it may be, especially when it involves trying to get answers for situations that affect the people that are very close to me in a negative way", he warned with an unusual coldness in his tone of voice, his eyes being clouded with a grimly hostile look.

Eric's sudden change in demeanor quickly replaced the frown on Reggie's face with a somewhat wary look.

"So I am asking you again to tell me what you know about that regular customer of yours", Eric continued coldly. "As I said, I know what I saw last night and I didn't come to your joint to take disrespect", he went on. "So just tell me what I want to know before I start doing sh!ts that you won't even believe", Eric warned.

Reggie kept mute for a while and regarded Eric with a somewhat disturbed look on his face that was also coupled with a lot of curiosity. Then he lowered his gaze, heaved a deep sigh, and looked at Eric again. It's clear that the young man in front of him was indeed very serious. He had even been convinced of that, on seeing the unsettling death stare in Eric's eyes when he was driving home his warning. And it was fit enough to put fear in the heart of any individual with an inflated sense of self-confidence.

Not wanting to further push his luck with someone that might ruin his business on a day that will be very busy, Reggie then took cursory glances at his busy workers. He motioned at Eric to follow him and started walking towards one of the private booths in the bar.

Eric also knew that Reggie had been convinced of his threat to start something unpleasant if he didn't get what he wanted. He was sure of that as he was led towards the booth that was sitting at the end of the bar; a place to keep them away from prying eyes and eavesdropping.

As he followed Reggie, a waitress heading towards the bar counter table with some packs of paper towels saw both men. She paused in her tracks with her attention on them. Eric glanced in her direction and saw that she was the waitress that had served Lisa the beer the night before. The woman recognized him too. She regarded him suspiciously for a short while, and looked at her boss. Then she continued in her journey, this time with a downcast gaze and moved with the gait of someone that's very unsettled.

Eric also noticed the waitress's sudden nervousness. The woman was also a person of interest to him. But as of now, he wants to hear what her boss has to say to him about the man that bought the drink that she had brought to their table. He might as well ask her later if he is unsatisfied with Reggie's information.

Before entering the booth with Reggie, Eric looked over his shoulder to take a quick note of any unusual activity that might have started. Apart from the agitated waitress' watchful eyes that were directed at him, there was nothing of serious concern as all the other bar workers busied themselves with their job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2022
"Have a seat", Reggie waved at a chair when they stepped inside the booth with a moderate light that was bright enough to make their faces visible. "Do you want any refreshments to cool that temper of yours?", he offered. "It's on the house".

"No, I'm good", Eric declined, wondering the reason for the sudden hospitality.

He made a quick survey around the bar's private booth. A sofa chair, big enough to contain two people, was on both sides of a table and its cushion was covered with dark brown cheap leather. The scent of the activities and excitements that had happened in the room faintly lingered in the air.

Eric then made himself comfortable on one chair while Reggie dropped his weight in the opposite chair which gave a good view of the activities going on outside the booth. Eric rested his elbows on the table that separated them and turned a keen attention to Reggie. And he waited for the man to start spilling out the words as the bar owner reached for the packet of cigarettes in the pocket of his black jean pants.

"So, before I begin", Reggie began after lighting the cigarette stuck in between his thick lips. "I'm very curious about something". He then blew a few puffs of tobacco smoke and turned a searching gaze at Eric. "How did you get to find out that I know that guy?", he asked.

"It was quite glaring from the way you took care of him", Eric replied. "He was the one kicking up dust, but you handled him like he was someone of importance. His body language towards you even clearly showed that of blatant disrespect", Eric paused and looked at Reggie. "Guys like you don't get scared that easily", he noted. "But I watched as you just stood still, like a suspicious mouse, and taking insults from a guy half your size", he continued. "Besides, it wasn't even that necessary for you to be present to have the situation settled cos the three serious looking big dudes in bar-security outfits that night weren't being paid to act as a decoration in the bar", he added.

Reggie sniggered and took another drag from his cigarette.

"So that man is either a very close friend that you have sworn never to cause physical pain of any sort, or a guy with some kind of an influence that you are very well aware of, and wouldn't wanna have problems with", Eric concluded.

"Hm". Reggies smiled and was quite impressed with what Eric had said; his attention to every detail. "I guess the gut feeling that I also had about you that night, wasn't wrong after all", he then said.

"What do you mean?", Eric asked.

Reggie snorted, blew another cloud of tobacco smoke, and regarded Eric with a weak smile.

"Do you know one of the perks that come with running a watering hole like this?", he asked, motioning the cigarette-holding hand around the booth. "It makes one to be a good judge of character....and I am very excellent at that. Having that ability does pay off real good....especially if you are also a gambling man", he smiled wryly with his eyes looking away from Eric to make a quick check on the activities going on in his bar.

Eric sighed. "I still have no idea of what the hell are you talking about", he muttered, feeling his patience being tested again.

Reggie snorted again. He took another drag from the cigarette and let the tobacco smoke precede his face from his nostrils. He sighed and looked at the glowing end of the cigarette that he held close to his face.

The silence that settled between them then grew by the seconds that ticked away as Reggie remained mute with the face of a man that has a lot on his mind. His eyes continued staring at the stick of tobacco being held in place by his fore and middle fingers that had been thickened from years of hitting heavy bags and clobbering opponents in boxing matches.

"The guy that you are asking for", Reggie then broke his silence and reached for the ashtray on the table. "His name is John Brown, also known as Big John", he grunted as he extinguished his cigarette in the ashtray. "And also a well-known figure...among the figures in this city's underworld", he added.

"Okay", Eric nodded. He was already aware of that. He had seen the government name that was written on the short man's identification card.

"And you are also right about another thing", Reggie continued. "Only two kinds of persons do scare me, mafia bosses and individuals in the business of killing people". He paused again as Eric listened attentively. "Big John belongs in the latter group", he went on and gave Eric an unblinking steady stare.

"Quite the befitting occupation for a guy like that", Eric snorted and looked away, pretending to be surprised.

"You can say that again. The guy's reputation for violence precedes him", Reggie sighed. "Even the waitress that brought my attention to him was quite scared of telling me that, cos of the stories about him and what he does to people that cross him. He is quite the individual that no one would wanna mess with".

"I get the picture", Eric nodded. "Well, if your concern is about him getting to know about this discussion, then you don't have to worry about it", he assured and looked at Reggie. "This will remain strictly between you and me". Then Eric narrowed his eyes at Reggie. "Unless someone talks. It's just the two of us here, I am a guy of few words, and I don't know John".

Reggie gave Eric an inquisitive stare for a few seconds and quietly said, "I already know that I don't have to...Ever...worry about Big John".

Eric was mute. He regarded Reggie with a blank stare. He easily read between the lines of Reggie's words which came to him as a surprise. But did well in hiding it. It was definitely to him that Reggie was somehow close to those men that he had killed last night. Close enough to have already known that they were dead. Individuals in that position always get that news firsthand before every media outlet informs the masses; those that cared to listen, about the fresh killings.

'Are they close friends? business associates?', Eric thought to himself with a steady gaze at Reggie. Perhaps Big John could be someone that Reggie relies on, or probably a member of a gang that he pays for the protection of his business.

These thoughts made Eric's cautiousness to kick in immediately. And with a casual movement, his right hand slide from the table and rested on his side. To keep it closer to the weapon tucked underneath his garment, done discreetly to make the intention unknown to Reggie. His senses were now on high alert, his eyes making cursory glances outside the booth to keep a steady awareness of the activities going on in the bar. To act fast in case he finds out that he had placed himself in enemy territory.

"I heard about it, this morning", Reggie continued, turning his gaze to his side. "John and the two men he was with last night were found in a junkyard, beaten to death. John even looked worse". He turned his eyes back at Eric. "So I want you to tell me what the hell is going on", he demanded

Eric chuckled. "If I had known that, I wouldn't be here asking questions", he stated.

"Questions about your girlfriend's safety?", Reggie scoffed and shook his head. "I can even smell that bullshit from a mile away. You said that you ain't a fool. Well, neither am i".

"It is indeed the reason why I am here".

"Still doesn't make sense to me".

"Well, if you tell me everything you know about Big John, then I might help you with that".

Reggie looked at his pack of cigarettes lying on the table and thought for a short while. "Big John wasn't a guy that you would consider a troublemaker", he then said. "He hardly gets into arguments or wastes his time and energy dragging trivial issues, especially with random individuals. And he never does that in my bar cos we respect each other's boundaries".

Eric nodded as he listened.

"But if John happens to get into it with someone, then that person is a target, and it being a ploy in his set-out plan, probably a way to draw the individual out of a public place", Reggie continued.

"And then have the person killed", Eric added.

Reggie nodded. "Now, this brings you into this equation that I have been trying to figure out", he said and looked at Eric.

"How?", Eric demanded.

Reggie then folded his big arms. "That night, I noticed something odd while I was trying to intervene in the situation that Big John was having with your girlfriend", he noted. "It was as if he was bent on it, which was very unusual to me because it was also happening in my bar".

"So the guy was at work, I get it", Eric noted.

"Yeah", Reggie agreed. "And I was only getting between him and his job. This got me concerned and also wondering what an innocent-looking chick would be into, that would attract a guy like John cos they seem to dwell in two separate worlds". Then he looked at Eric. "That was my thoughts until I saw the guy she was chilling with".

"And what is it about me?", Eric asked suspiciously.

Reggie smirked, paused for a long moment with a lowered gaze, and then said, "You know what they say about the eyes being the window to one's soul?".

"Never cared to know or find out", Eric muttered quietly.

"It tells a lot", Reggie continued, disregarding Eric's reply. "A lot about who the person is, what the person had been through, and what the person is capable of".

"So?", Eric raised his brows, very eager to know where Reggie was heading with his words.

Reggie slightly leaned away and studied Eric with his head tilted to the side. "Well, I looked into yours. And I saw nothing. Nothing at all that says or gives any clue whatsoever as to show who you are....or what you are capable of doing. It was like...staring into a dark pit of nothingness and uncertainty",

The need for another cigarette made Reggie to reach for the pack and lighter in front of him. Eric stayed silent and watched as he fired up the tobacco, waiting patiently to hear more. Despite the space between them, he could still catch the whiffs of stale cigarette smell oozing out from Reggie's shirt. The man must have left an ashtray overflowing with cigarette butts, probably after learning about the deaths of Big John and his cohorts.

"And seeing all these attributes, especially in a guy with a physique that looked like one that had gone through the fire of activities that made men tougher, to just stay calm in his seat and even put on a smiley face, while his hot looking girlfriend is being disrespected right in front of him and do nothing about it", Reggie continued, exhaled the smoke in his lungs and let out a sharp cough that blew some of it towards Eric. "Most people might not see it with less regard for what's really behind the harmless smile", he went on. But I do, and the last time I saw something a bit close to what I saw last night, was on the day an opponent cannoned the blow that put an end to my boxing career".

Eric chuckled. "So you think that everything that went down last night was some kind of a set-out plan...and I was also part of the plan?", he asked, now knowing why Reggie had asked him if he knew John after settling their dispute with the short man.

"I am saying that it seems like something big is about to happen, perhaps happening already", Reggie put in. "A brewing gang war that I'm yet to be aware of, that resulted in Big John getting killed. That's why I wanna know what's going on".

Eric chuckled again.

"And you have to know that I am just a man on his own, minding and trying to run his business" Reggie continued, his tone of voice turning serious. "In case if you have been sent to me by your crew. I don't run with any gang, and I never take allegiance to any side when it comes to sh!t-shows", he stated seriously.

"Well, we are on the same boat here", Eric said. "I'm a guy on his own, always prefer to mind my own business, and also not a gang member".

"And you expect me to believe that?".

"That's who I am. And that's the truth".

"Then tell me why Big John was so bent on trying to make problems with someone close to you? Why are he and the men with him that night, all dead with their bodies in a junkyard?".

Eric sighed. "That night, while minding our business, Big John came to our table", he started quietly. "He had initially sent a bottle to my girlfriend after, on two occasions, had tried to start a conversation with her. My girlfriend flatly told him that she wasn't having any of his sh!ts, he got pissed off, said some shits to both of us, and you know the rest of the story".

"And then what happened?", Reggie asked with a lot of interest.

"So after he walked away with his buddies, I and my girlfriend decided that we have had enough for the night", Eric continued. "But on our way to her place, I noticed a car steadily tailing us, and saw that same vehicle parked a few metres away from her house. Sensing that it could be trouble, I had to prepare, put everything in place, and waited for them to come meet their fates", Eric concluded.

"And so...you killed them?", Reggie narrowed his eyes at Eric.

"We might be sailing on the same boat, but I don't take it lightly with any individual that intends to rock that boat", Eric bluntly replied. "They came with ski masks and armed to the teeth".

"You did that alone?", Reggie asked with disbelief.

"It was only me and my girlfriend in her house that night".

"Did she play any part in it?".

"She is not aware that I killed three men in her house".

"Is she even aware that she is dating a killer?".

"Look", Eric sighed and uncomfortably moved his weight. "I'm only in town to enjoy my holiday with my girlfriend, us being in your bar last night was part of that activity" he stated. "Not in town with a gang to murder my way into controlling a turf or whatever that you are thinking".

"What about your girlfriend?", Reggie asked. "How well do you know her?".

"I have known her for almost four years, and I most definitely know that she has nothing whatsoever to do with John cos she is studying in a different country in a different continent", Eric replied. "If there is any at all, Big John would have spilled it out after I showed him the hammer that cracked his skull open", Eric added.

"Sounds like a psychopathic killer", Reggie winced, disliking the taste of the cigarette he was holding, and stubbed it in the ashtray. "Excuse my choice of words", he apologized immediately. "And you might have to start keeping your girl closer to you too", he then added.

"Why?", Eric asked.

"If everything that you have told me is true, then she might be in a lot of trouble", Reggie replied. "It's clear that someone is out to get her cos John gets paid to kill, or probably to kidnap her, if it's not the former", he added.

Eric nodded. He rested his gaze on the table with his lips pursed. His eyes caught a faded -'F@ck Metro-city bitches'- roughly scratched near the edge of the table. He was busy thinking about everything that had happened so far with his eyes on the barely visible inscription of someone's problem with girls from his city of residence. And trying to process the seemingly dangerous situation that he and Lisa were faced with.

"So what do you make of this?", Eric then asked and looked at Reggie.

"I don't know, man", Reggie sighed. "But I do know that Big John's killing might have made things to even get more worse for your girl....probably for the both of you"

"How?", Eric asked, and was now getting more concerned.

"I'm talking about John's younger brother by the name Bronco Brown", Reggie replied with a look of concern. "Both of them run a dangerous gang in this city, a gang that engage in all kinds of criminal activities; drugs, robberies, kidnaps, murders, you name it"

"Tell me about this brother of his", Eric demanded.

"John is the chill guy between the two. Bronco, his brother, is a unique character in the gallery of rogue characters. A guy you wouldn't even dream of messing with", Reggie replied. "A real violent motherfucker, who absolutely has no method to his madness. John only engages in killings, but Bronco does all kinds of shits".

Eric remained silent, thinking of how very serious the situation had gotten. "So where can I find this...Bronco?", he asked.

Reggie regarded Eric with a funny look and then laughed. "You suppose to be thinking of how to haul-ass out of this city as fast as you can, both you and your girlfriend", he said after his laughter. "And I don't know where he is, or where he stays. I don't even want to have anything whatsoever to do with that kind of guy".

Eric nodded. Then he took a glance at his wristwatch and saw that he had spent almost an hour in the bar.

"Anyway, thanks for the information", he said to Reggie and got to his feet. "And like I said, let this be strictly between you and me", he warned as he adjusted his jacket.

"No, don't let them know I told you all these in case they happen to get you", Reggie said as Eric was about to step out of the private booth. "I will be a dead man if they do".

Eric paused and looked over his shoulder. "I will make sure that doesn't happen", he said to Reggie and then stepped out of the booth.

Reggie watched as Eric walked away and head towards the bar entrance. He thought for a short while and looked at the waitress that was staring in Eric's direction as he left. Then Reggie thought again and reached for his cell phone in his pocket to make a phone call.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
Now my beer is getting quite warm. Let me stop here and wait for the comments. You all have a blessed weekend. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2022
Richyblack1:

I'm a huge fan of you bro,I read your stories around 2018 I made my siblings read it too..I was so happy when you started writing this again, I couldn't comment cos I forgot my password but I do fellow all your updates..you are amazing bro I wish I can write like you do...you are doing us a great favour with your writing...thanks man

Thanks man wink comments like this do encourage us alot, and I'm very happy to know that you were well entertained by my stories. I'll always do my best to keep up with that.
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Vidamia(m): 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
Always on point...thanks for the update. There's no way Nina will not know about this

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Deasegun19(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2022
yipee, Eric the action guy. Ironkurtain you too much

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Richyblack1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2022
[quote author=ironkurtain post=117169989]

Thanks man wink comments like this do encourage us alot, and I'm very happy to know that you were well entertained by my stories. I'll always do my best to keep up with that. More grease to your elbow. thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Richyblack1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
More grease to your elbow..thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 3:07am On Oct 02, 2022
samebony1:

Biggest bro, you are always invited, but if na vawulence you wan carry come here, abeg make you reconsider am o. We wey dey here still dey fear the fat man of North Korea. Anyway it's good to see you again. I hope the family is doing great. Remained blessed.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by chidozeze(m): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
I have to doff my hat for you, you are one of the literature genius I know. the way you tell your story always glue me to my seat... in fact I will rather miss food than your story cool

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Vidamia(m): 9:27am On Oct 05, 2022
Boss I hope all is well with you....we dey expect update o
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Richyblack1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
Vidamia:
Boss I hope all is well with you....we dey expect update o
bro i have been checking all day for his update

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Ibunkun1(m): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
Sweet updates grin cool following bumper to bumper boss
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by samebony1: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2022
Hi Ironkurtain, I know its about 7pm in Seoul right now, but just to remind you its Friday and we are anxiously waiting to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by ironkurtain(m): 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
samebony1:
Hi Ironkurtain, I know its about 7pm in Seoul right now, but just to remind you its Friday and we are anxiously waiting to hear from you.

My brother, how is ur day?, I have been crazy busy today. I will make the uploads tomorrow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by crystalmoon(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2022
T
ironkurtain:

My brother, how is ur day?, I have been crazy busy today. I will make the uploads tomorrow.
okay still expecting
Re: Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] by Richyblack1(m): 11:34am On Oct 08, 2022
I'm on Operation reload page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Famous Books Of African Authors / Please Don't Scream (PDS) / 7 Must Read Books By African Authors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.