Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

What's The Reason You Became A Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Reason You Became A Parents? (1611 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / It Is A Parents Joy To See His Or Her Ward Finish With Schooling. / How To Survive The Teenage Years: A Parents’ Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2022
I have sat down to think as a result of the rot in our society
The five parenting styles are: Balanced, Uninvolved, Permissive, Strict, and Overbearing.
Some reasons I have heard why they became parents because they wanted to recreate, my mother wanted to carry her grandchildren and many more

So, why do you want to be parent?
Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Abitolola: 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2022
A patents?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by fati2001(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2022
Waiting for the parents.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by neonly: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
Real companion

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Beremx(f): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
i became a parent because I wanna have kids. No other reason

3 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2022
shocked
Beremx:
i became a parent because I wanna have kids. No other reason
Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Roycemadeit(m): 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
For most people it's just a sort of responsibility weighed on them by society, as chiefly sponsored by religion; this I find Ironically, because your child is guaranteed a spot in hell as soon as they are born, now an almost logical but faulted by belief' person should decide to not have children that may end up roasting for an eternity...

Lest I deviate. grin

Parents don't bother to ask questions, they just flow with the tide and live for the norms to bring children they do not know how to guide or raise.

Having said that, there is underlying selfishness to it, being that parents want to have someone they can own and control like objects asides from that, they see children as an investment for old age.

Now, for me, I don't think anyone should be owned, this idea is what throws our world into more chaos neither do I see children as an investment. If I have a child today, I should get the child to see everyone as her family, but the world is toxic to good people.

What is am trying to say is I haven't made up my mind to forsake my life and live a fraction of it for another, I don't have enough knowledge to raise a child nor do I have control over what tremor the world will deal me using my child.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Samuelnze(m): 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2022
I am Not a parent yet.
The modern parenthood and parenting style is nothing to write home about..
There should be a form of licence given to mothers and their husbands when they give birth showing they have become parents and should equally be revoked when they fu*k up as parents..
How can someone give birth to 7children all in the name of looking for a son,once they have gotten the son,it ends here. To now train all of them will be difficult. They will now give them out in modern day slavery(boy~boy,househelp etc).. Even when the children are going through hell in the hands of their masters,they still tell them to be patient,that the storm will pass away.. I so much love westerners when it comes to giving birth because one child is enough for them not minding the sex of the child.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2022
Samuelnze:
I am Not a parent yet.
The modern parenthood and parenting style is nothing to write home about..
There should be a form of licence given to mothers and their husbands when they give birth showing they have become parents and should equally be revoked when they fu*k up as parents..
How can someone give birth to 7children all in the name of looking for a son,once they have gotten the son,it ends here. To now train all of them will be difficult. They will now give them out in modern day slavery(boy~boy,househelp etc).. Even when the children are going through hell in the hands of their masters,they still tell them to be patient,that the storm will pass away.. I so much love westerners when it comes to giving birth because one child is enough for them not minding the sex of the child.
I think Buhari's regime had made it difficult to give birth to more than 2

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2022
Someone to love unconditionally, trust and pass my wealth to.

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2022
grin and your name is antimarriage
Antimarraige:
Someone to love unconditionally, trust and pass my wealth to.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2022
IyaTola:
grin and your name is antimarriage
You don't need marriage to have kids

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Davidave(m): 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2022
I didn't know. It happened & I had to man up.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 6:35am On Sep 09, 2022
cheesy
Davidave:
Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Morningstarrr(m): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2022
I’m not yet a parent. But I’ll become one someday.
The major reason most people give birth is to have someone that will look after them when old age comes knocking. If I was domiciled in a developed country, i wouldn’t bother giving birth.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Hamachi(f): 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
kiss
Davidave:
Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by efficiencie(m): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2022
To breed instruments in the hands of GOD, Yeshua the Prince of Peace. This world is a huge chess game. The two players, who have been at this for aeons, are the Prince of Peace and the prince of this world. The chess pieces are human beings, angels and demons. The purpose of procreation for folks like me is to breed high value offspring who will go on to be kings and queens ready to do the bidding of Yeshua, the Prince of Peace in the cosmic chess game.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
undecided
efficiencie:
To breed instruments in the hands of GOD, Yeshua the Prince of Peace. This world is a huge chess game. The two players, who have been at this for aeons, are the Prince of Peace and the prince of this world. The chess pieces are human beings, angels and demons. The purpose of procreation for folks like me is to breed high value offspring who will go on to be kings and queens ready to do the bidding of Yeshua, the Prince of Peace in the cosmic chess game.
Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Klass99(f): 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by opeyy(f): 8:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
Culture/society expectation after marriage. I am grateful for my kids but in my next life, I'd probably adopt instead, I think

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by MufasaLion: 9:02am On Sep 14, 2022
Not having any kids feels so great!

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by MufasaLion: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2022
opeyy:
Culture/society expectation after marriage. I am grateful for my kids but in my next life, I'd probably adopt instead, I think

Apparently, you have kids because of societal expectations?

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by YoobaNesan: 9:20am On Sep 14, 2022
Fp worthy.
Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by opeyy(f): 9:46am On Sep 14, 2022
MufasaLion:

Yes, isn't that the norm in 9ja?!...after marriage everyone will be looking at your belly, and even some bold enough to ask Lol. If I had a choice without any potential pressure, I would have probably done things differently.

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by LalastiklaIa(m): 11:25am On Sep 14, 2022
opeyy:

Yes, isn't that the norm in 9ja?!...after marriage everyone will be looking at your belly, and even some bold enough to ask Lol. If I had a choice without any potential pressure, I would have probably done things differently.
That is not a good way to live life. Walking on egg shells so as not to offend society and do their bidding while neglecting yours.

Screw society and their judgements

3 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by MufasaLion: 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2022
opeyy:

You had a choice. Everyone's got a choice.

I'm the only child and I don't fucking care about any societal expectations!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2022
opeyy:
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
opeyy:

what would you have done differently?
Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by IyaTola: 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2022
LalastiklaIa:

That is not a good way to live life. Walking on egg shells so as not to offend society and do their bidding while neglecting yours.

Screw society and their judgements
Dictate to society what you want and not society dictating to you.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2022
Roycemadeit:
1. For most people it's just a sort of responsibility weighed on them by society, as chiefly sponsored by religion; this I find Ironically, because your child is guaranteed a spot in hell as soon as they are born, now an almost logical but faulted by belief' person should decide to not have children that may end up roasting for an eternity...[/b]Lest I deviate. grin

2. Parents don't bother to ask questions, they just flow with the tide and live for the norms to bring children they do not know how to guide or raise. [b]Having said that, there is underlying selfishness to it, being that parents want to have someone they can own and control like objects asides from that
, they see children as an investment for old age.

3. Now, for me, I don't think anyone should be owned, this idea is what throws our world into more chaos neither do I see children as an investment. If I have a child today, I should get the child to see everyone as her family, but the world is toxic to good people.
What is am trying to say is I haven't made up my mind to forsake my life and live a fraction of it for another, I don't have enough knowledge to raise a child nor do I have control over what tremor the world will deal me using my child.
1. ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy (that depends on the belief system)

2. I agree. undecided

3. NO chance you would adopt even the poor creatures already here to share the little resources and time you have for their sake? undecided

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Sep 14, 2022
MufasaLion:
Isnt that the case for the majority? The general formulae must live by remains once you are of age, begin pursuing marriage after which must come children... undecided

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason You Became A Parents? by wunmi590(m): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2022
cool

The joy of being called daddy and maning up to responsibilities...

But I thank God all is working on well

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before You Get Married As A Man In Nigeria / Is It Bad For A Working Married Lady To Send Money To Her Parents? / Faithful Husbands, Trusting Wives, Sign In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.