Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death (82690 Views)

Royal Mint Unveils Image Of First King Charles Coin Following Queen's Death / Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. / Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by bakynes(m): 3:17am On Sep 09, 2022
benjsniper33:

Yen yen yen…

Did Elizabeth had respect for our ancestors before she forcefully lumped us together in a place called Nigeria under an British sanctioned oppressive regime ?

Nah

She was not the queen during our Almagamation, her Father was King then King George.

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Elbinawi: 3:20am On Sep 09, 2022
Twitter deleted this Tweet of Professor Uju Anya. She is a Nigerian from the Igbo tribe of the South East. A Lecturer in a UK University. The University released a Press Statement condemning her Tweet.

Professor Uju Anya may lose her job due to this Tweet but she earn my respect forever. The thieving raping genocidal UK regime participated in the genocidal massacres of the Igbo tribe between 1967-1970. More than 3 millions Biafrans were killed, hundreds of thousands starved to their death.

The Asaba Massacre of 1967 was the biggest Massacre in the history of the Nigerian state before the 2015 Zaria Massacre. 500+ Igbo Youths were brutally slaughtered by the Nigerian army in Asaba.

Addendum:

Yesterday the world celebrated the death of a notorious genocidal criminal who does not deserve any accolades from the World Oppressed. Two younger brothers of my Paternal Grandfather fought the British Empire at Bida in 1900. One of them was killed and one survived. How will I forgive the genocidal criminal responsible for this? And how will I forget the more than 20,000 innocent civilians that the invading British Colonialists murdered with Sultan Muhammad Attahiru I in Gombe State in 1903?

Thank you Professor Uju Anya for this Tweet! Thank you!

#ElbinawiTweets

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by sameks08(m): 3:20am On Sep 09, 2022
ElSudani:
Just fire the mor. on. She is an embarrassment to sane Nigerians.
. go and fire her nah what are you still doing olodo I think she be your mama come and fight for her oooo ode

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by LastProphet: 3:22am On Sep 09, 2022
Truthdeypain:

They will always justify their blood thirst. What IGBO officers, I think you mean Nigerian soldiers. Pictures grin grin like seriously these are the bed time stories you folks tell yourselves and kids at night. At least that sounds better than we are envy filled, hate inspired, blood spilling sons of the devil who loathe everything good and prosperous( IGBO) and just waited for the right opportunity to execute our devilish pogroms and massacres.

I remember you You were definitely here defending the killing of Deborah the other day. I am sure you are part and parcel of the folks that killed dozens in kaduna during that muhammed cartoonist stuff No surprises.

Just imagine Pictures, The killing of Ahmadu Bello, a coup that has nothing to do with civilians are your moral justification for the massacre of a civilian populace. Isn't Nigeria truly a zoo with savage freaking animals. The lot of them!

The next thing you'll say now is that they should have starved and murdered more jews, I mean IGBOs. Na una.

Click my name and read backwards to Deborah time for better understanding. My hometown is 77kms from Nnsuka, ibos you can never learn again because of hopeless ego that has never served you people well, only undermined you. There was a time ibos led everybody but that hopeless ego has continued to deal with you. That inability to detach yourself from situations and analyze your actions. Is why till 100 years time they will continue to catch 10 ibos per day carrying drug to Malaysia even when there's no hope of success that is clear to everyone. Honestly I came to realize that ibos are more foolish than hausas

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 09, 2022
alright ..
UK Kwanu self
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by nokspos: 3:29am On Sep 09, 2022
Bros calm down , na that scholar gan gan , makes her know what some people don't know, if you know what all these great western leaders are doing back door, you will never pity them . if you know their contribution in the backwardness of africans .... you will say more than what this woman had said
datola:
How can a person of her status who is a scholar at Carnegie Mellon uttered such a despicable statement

IQ without Emtional Intelligence is dystrastrous.

Dr. Uju Anya is a university professor and researcher in applied linguistics, critical sociolinguistics, and critical discourse studies primarily examining race, gender, sexual, and social class identities in new language learning through the experiences of African American students.

Nigerian again for the wrong reason!

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by bakynes(m): 3:32am On Sep 09, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:
While her post is really extreme and came at the worst time (when Britons are mourning), and will of course lead to punishments to her, and a blackening of her image; what she said is true. During colonization, they raped, and killed, and sold Africans to slavery. Even if Queen Elizabeth was a ceremonial head, she could have used her authority as the monarch to put laws in place to abolish slavery. But did she do that? no, she did not.

To all of you posting her on your status, think about her influence on Nigeria as a country before you click send. Commonwealth? Yes. But degrading Africans, tearing down our structures, commonizing traditional leaders, and also stealing our prized artworks? A big yes.

Many of you are just ignorant, in her time slavery was already abolished. She became Queen in 1940's. She wasn't even born yet when slavery was abolished in the late 19th century. She was not even Queen yet when Nigeria was almagamated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Yorubanza: 3:37am On Sep 09, 2022
seunmsg:
She’s simply a bitter and hateful lady. She’s a disgrace to Nigeria and humanity in general.
says a typical a bitter, hateful, tribalistic abobaku dingbat.

You are a disgrace to objectivity and common sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by seunmind44: 3:42am On Sep 09, 2022
Ewedegubbler:
I support her
I disagree with her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by crazygod(m): 3:42am On Sep 09, 2022
OriOko88:

Reading comments of some of the dullest Dundee heads like u on nairaland can make one go nuts! Which cave are u from? Where da hell did u read or heard the queen is a ceremonial monarch. Ur parents just wasted their money tryna giving u education cos its obvious you're a dunce and a dullard to HV issues such statement. The Queen is not ceremonial. She is the head of state of about 14 countries apart from Britain. Countries like Australia,Jamaica,new Zealand and canada are under the control of the Quee,thats why they have prime ministers and not presidents. U just an effing retar.d olohun embarassed
Normally I don't waste my time replying mistakes like you who are extremely uncultured and uncivilized. I won't roll in the mud with you if you can't control yourself because you feel this is a public forum and you can post anything you like. In order words, you are an idiot. Being a constitutional monarchy, England's head of Government is the Prime Minister - who effectively commands the military through the Chief of the Defence Staff.

However, the queen is the Head of State of the United Kingdom; the Armed Forces take their Attestation Oath to Her and that's were her political influence invariably ends.
When I post the queen doesn't have MUCH political power's as such, learn to read and understand EVERY word. I repeat, your are an IDIOT. You just even exposed your idiocy by concluding that because the queen was the head of common wealth means she was the head of state of countries who have prime ministers. You be OLODO.

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Vicas2000: 3:44am On Sep 09, 2022
bakynes:

Many of you are just ignorant, in her time slavery was already abolished. She became Queen in 1940's. She wasn't even born yet when slavery was abolished in the late 19th century. She was not even Queen yet when Nigeria was almagamated.

Elizabeth started reigning in 1952. That means she was head of UK govt when they supported the Nigerian army against Biafra.

So you can't blame Uju for what she said. Also most of you expecting her to be sacked should know that may likely never happen.

What she posted has a lot of proofs...and if she is sacked....she will Sue the University for wrongful termination. So they know not to do this.

Most Nigerians dont know history. They also dont know that the British always like to rewrite history using media to make it look like the monarchy generally was saintly.

Whilst I can't blame Elizabeth for all atrocities the monarchy committed...we can argue that she was complicit to some of it.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by slam7000(m): 3:44am On Sep 09, 2022
Ewedegubbler:
I support her

What that woman wrote there is despicable and should be condemned by any right thinking person.
There’s no iota of intelligence in that tweet. Even Nnamdi Kanu wouldn’t write such or think like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Yorubanza: 3:45am On Sep 09, 2022
jarvis4:

Go and ask your ancestors that.
Children of hate.. That's why your kind can never rule this country.. Tueh on ur kin
senseless pig. Child of stupidity and idiocy. Awusa and yelowba that has been ruling how has your useless life and that of your foolish family fared?

Senseless fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Taigaban: 3:45am On Sep 09, 2022
datola:
How can a person of her status who is a scholar at Carnegie Mellon uttered such a despicable statement

Dr. Uju Anya is a university professor and researcher in applied linguistics, critical sociolinguistics, and critical discourse studies primarily examining race, gender, sexual, and social class identities in new language learning through the experiences of African American students.

This woman is simply saying the truth, though doing so in an undiplomatic manner. The British empire has supervised several blood shed in Africa. I don't know why they are happy to see Africans suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Navalsadiq(m): 3:53am On Sep 09, 2022
datola:

she has started what she would not be able to finish

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by foolbuster: 3:54am On Sep 09, 2022
datola:

You guys are so ignorant. What she said is pure undiluted truth.

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by justuschi50: 3:57am On Sep 09, 2022
Gainman:
nah that useless history you want stand for go later perish your trbe. As if ibos get better history. If u really remember history, have u forgotten your tribe are d genesis of Biafra war. U caused it by d coup planned by d ibos. So why blaming others.
Kaduna was not given a real igbo man he was a agbor man. Get that idiot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by foolbuster: 4:02am On Sep 09, 2022
olola4:
That’s a very toxic comment to her majesty
Mumu
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by LadyExcellency: 4:03am On Sep 09, 2022
seunmsg:
She’s simply a bitter and hateful lady. She’s a disgrace to Nigeria and humanity in general.

You are simply what you are calling her.

I choose her a million times than whatever you represent.

Evil people feel no pain in other people's suffering.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by LadyExcellency: 4:05am On Sep 09, 2022
foolbuster:

You guys are so ignorant. What she said is pure undiluted truth.

Those are the plantation house boys howbeit glorified slaves.

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Navalsadiq(m): 4:07am On Sep 09, 2022
gambojimeta:
Why did she make such a venomous and virulent post on social media. Whats wrong with these people...
they have a mental defect.they always start what they can't finish

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Orpe7(m): 4:08am On Sep 09, 2022
This ipob miscreants no matter what can't be trusted with power
See as this idiot wan make things hard for nigerians

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Orpe7(m): 4:09am On Sep 09, 2022
slam7000:

What that woman wrote there is despicable and should be condemned by any right thinking person.
There’s no iota of intelligence in that tweet. Even Nnamdi Kanu wouldn’t write such or think like that.

Na she and Kanu suppose marry each other

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by ElSudani: 4:11am On Sep 09, 2022
sameks08:
. go and fire her nah what are you still doing olodo I think she be your mama come and fight for her oooo ode

Were, the people who are killing women and cutting out their private parts in Iboland are Ibos, not British.
Oponu.

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by FxPrime: 4:15am On Sep 09, 2022
datola:

I'm not in support of what she said, but when you have too much knowledge due to your line of endeavor, it could affect you negatively. You don't know how deep she knows the history of the Queen and her reign due to her "research" and her line of profession. Maybe if you do....who knows what your reaction will be.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by blueAgent(m): 4:17am On Sep 09, 2022
datola:

You can imagine the hypocrisy.
Most of this idiots would call the Europeans all sort of names but they live and thrive in the mist of Europeans.

Professor of such irrelevant courses.

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by ransomed: 4:18am On Sep 09, 2022
She has the right to remember her past.

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Nauttyprof(m): 4:18am On Sep 09, 2022
NaijaMutant:
We are not ignorant of the slavery, oppression and thievery of the British colonialist headed by Her Majesty.

However, we also cannot deny it open the door of civilization to us.

Being vile and hateful will not bring healing to the past. We cannot continue to live in the past

Some still live in the past and have failed to move on. This is why they are still being exploited by their past.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by gare(f): 4:23am On Sep 09, 2022
nlfpmod:
A statement regarding recent social media posts by Uju Anya.

https://twitter.com/CarnegieMellon/status/1567975991330615297

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7323010/uju-anyas-hateful-post-queen

Her bitterness has just ended her career, she is going to be fired and no institution would want to hire her, except Moses Ikpa Biafra University, you hate the queen but you have not asked all Igobs in the UK to leave and go back home, you can see how your bitterness and frustration has just destroyed you, nobody would want to come near you, good luck to your earlier retirement.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 4:24am On Sep 09, 2022
marvelife:
History breeds hatred
What she tweeted is defendable but it's better we (Africans) move on and repair our lovely continent...

They've moved on too, they won't missed us if Africa sunk tomorrow

They have not moved on: "Africa is an area of interest of the EU" EU High Representative Borrel was quoted ad saying in 2022. Western Europeans are savages....

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 4:24am On Sep 09, 2022
gare:

Her bitterness has just ended her career, she is going to be fired and no institution would want to hire her, except Moses Ikpa Biafra University, you hate the queen but you have not asked all Igobs in the UK to leave and go back home, you can see how your bitterness and frustration has just destroyed you, nobody would want to come near you, good luck to your earlier retirement.

Why should the igbos in UK leave after UK destabilized their land??

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by dettolgel: 4:26am On Sep 09, 2022
marvelife:
History breeds hatred
What she tweeted is defendable but it's better we (Africans) move on and repair our lovely continent...

They've moved on too, they won't missed us if Africa sunk tomorrow

I agree that we should fix our home but thinking that the west have moved on and left Africa to her vices is far fetched. They are very much involved and will never leave on their own accord.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

South Africans Beg Nigerians For Forgiveness (Video) / Taliban Unveils Special Forces In Armour Vest, Helmet And Night Vision(Pics) / Randy Russian Soldiers Flirt With Ukrainian Girls Amidst Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.