Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death - Foreign Affairs (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death (82691 Views)

Royal Mint Unveils Image Of First King Charles Coin Following Queen's Death / Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. / Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by gare(f): 4:30am On Sep 09, 2022
Elbinawi:
Twitter deleted this Tweet of Professor Uju Anya. She is a Nigerian from the Igbo tribe of the South East. A Lecturer in a UK University. The University released a Press Statement condemning her Tweet.

Professor Uju Anya may lose her job due to this Tweet but she earn my respect forever. The thieving raping genocidal UK regime participated in the genocidal massacres of the Igbo tribe between 1967-1970. More than 3 millions Biafrans were killed, hundreds of thousands starved to their death.

The Asaba Massacre of 1967 was the biggest Massacre in the history of the Nigerian state before the 2015 Zaria Massacre. 500+ Igbo Youths were brutally slaughtered by the Nigerian army in Asaba.

Addendum:

Yesterday the world celebrated the death of a notorious genocidal criminal who does not deserve any accolades from the World Oppressed. Two younger brothers of my Paternal Grandfather fought the British Empire at Bida in 1900. One of them was killed and one survived. How will I forgive the genocidal criminal responsible for this? And how will I forget the more than 20,000 innocent civilians that the invading British Colonialists murdered with Sultan Muhammad Attahiru I in Gombe State in 1903?

Thank you Professor Uju Anya for this Tweet! Thank you!

#ElbinawiTweets

The University is the US not UK , you would not leave all this history and move on with your lives, if the black in America should decide to remember what was done to them I believe America would be on fire by today, see what hate and bitterness has caused her, even if your are not in support of what was done, it was way out of place.

Whatever you think she may have done is not worse than what our leaders after the civil war has done to Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 4:31am On Sep 09, 2022
NaijaMutant:
We are not ignorant of the slavery, oppression and thievery of the British colonialist headed by Her Majesty.

However, we also cannot deny it open the door of civilization to us.

Being vile and hateful will not bring healing to the past. We cannot continue to live in the past

Lol no. UK called native americans savages prior to colonizing them.... they also executed same script in africa - they told you you are a savage and they have come to civilized you and they ran media propaganda against your mind.

Facts

1. Those who bring military to Africa to trigger unprovoked colonial wars are by definition uncivilized. How then could they hv opened the door of civilization to you? You are simply believing and hv become a victim of british colonial strategy.... Africa brought civilization to Europe they are thieves and murderers just that your mind has been poisoned.

2. The British rely on the fact you won't know what they did 200 years ago since it's not in the curriculum they installed here during their military regime hence millions of Nigerians don't know Britain is an enemy because history is not taught in schools....

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by kingthreat(m): 4:32am On Sep 09, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
She foolishly carried African (Nigeria) mentality enter UK.

Ibo mentality you mean.

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by kingthreat(m): 4:32am On Sep 09, 2022
Dalil8:

BLACK SLAVE!!

Stop speaking English
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 09, 2022
People are too quick to be sympathetic about the dying or dead, yet they forget the torture some of these people would have given others who eventually died in the process.

Everybody will eventually kick the bucket, so Let's not be sympathetic about anything, rather people should learn to put smiles on the faces of people they come across. This is the least required of you and not wickedness. Don't ever partake in making an already bad situation terrible

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by gare(f): 4:34am On Sep 09, 2022
BigBashiru:

Why should the igbos in UK leave after UK destabilized their land??

No she hate the queen and the UK government for what they did, so why still visit the UK, I believe if I have an issue with you, i should not come near your place, we should stop this hate and move on, it will only destroy you, just like she has done to her self, I have issues with the Igobs, my spouse is Igbo. so don't think otherwise

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by femo86(m): 4:35am On Sep 09, 2022
Pure undiluted truth.

3 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 4:37am On Sep 09, 2022
gare:

The University is the US not UK , you would not leave all this history and move on with your lives, if the black in America should decide to remember what was done to them I believe America would be on fire by today, see what hate and bitterness has caused her, even if your are not in support of what was done, it was way out of place.

Whatever you think she may have done is not worse than what our leaders after the civil war has done to Nigerians.

You can't forget history because national affairs span centuries.... Britain has had a colonial foreign policy for at least 500 years and they hvnt changed that policy. USA is almost 250 years old.... history is so important.... Russia and Cuba played a key role in African liberation movements; millions of Nigerian soldiers fell defending Nigeria from invading British colonial savages....

Finally those that know African history know that Africa civilized Europe and that Europeans were living in huts until Africans they met showed them light....
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 4:37am On Sep 09, 2022
gare:

No she hate the queen and the UK government for what they did, so why still visit the UK, I believe if I have an issue with you, i should not come near your place, we should stop this hate and move on, it will only destroy you, just like she has done to her self, I have issues with the Igobs, my spouse is Igbo. so don't think otherwise

All Nigerians are entitled to visit the UK since Britain destabilized their country.

3 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 09, 2022
femo86:
Pure undiluted truth.

People always become sympathetic of one's situation but suddenly forget how such a person would have contributed to anarchy.

After all, everyone will die someday!
There are humans who will spit on her grave if given the opportunity.
People should learn to leave people in the condition they're met rather than making their situation worse!
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by gare(f): 4:44am On Sep 09, 2022
BigBashiru:

Why should the igbos in UK leave after UK destabilized their land??

Can you compare that to what the world did to Rwanda ? But they have moved on and doing better than Nigeria, for how long are we going to continue this crying of Biafra? Do you know what happened during the slave trade period? Not justifying their actions, but we not to move past and grow up, rather than crying over the past.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Wintertime: 4:45am On Sep 09, 2022
femiasaolu2014:

The asinine, petulant child can't even spell correctly.

An uneducated, online e-rat who with the entirety of human knowledge at his fingertips, is still as ignorant as a caveman.

Go play with sand.

If you like, you and your ilk can start another civil war again. The 3m killed in Civil war I will be child play.[/b]

Boaster your rant start and end on nairaland

But your tears is for eternity

Leper like you feeling warrior

I don't blame you, I blame Ojukwu for not signing backup. Fools like you wouldn't have being born saying trash but let's see what time holds for everyone

Bloody unity beggar
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by gare(f): 4:45am On Sep 09, 2022
BigBashiru:

All Nigerians are entitled to visit the UK since Britain destabilized their country.

You are a Clown grin go make them give you visa and state that as your reason
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 4:50am On Sep 09, 2022
gare:

Can you compare that to what the world did to Rwanda ? But they have moved on and doing better than Nigeria, for how long are we going to continue this crying of Biafra? Do you know what happened during the slave trade period? Not justifying their actions, but we not to move past and grow up, rather than crying over the past.

Lol Rwanda has not moved on. They have built a memorial to always remember the genocide....

See bah, the british imperialists know that a new generation e.g. those born this year hv no memory of what they did to Nigeria for 150 years (the british ruled Nigeria for 150 years)....so they capitalize on that to propagate a false history....

You don't know the gravity of the past that's why you belittle it.... millions of Nigerian soldiers fell defending Nigeria from the invading british savages. The past shapes the future. Nigeria's present borders were drawn up by France.... Africa was more advanced than Europe.... Africa did not go to Europe, Europe came to Africa which means Africa gat more power.....

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by gare(f): 4:54am On Sep 09, 2022
BigBashiru:

You can't forget history because national affairs span centuries.... Britain has had a colonial foreign policy for at least 500 years and they hvnt changed that policy. USA is almost 250 years old.... history is so important.... Russia and Cuba played a key role in African liberation movements; millions of Nigerian soldiers fell defending Nigeria from invading British colonial savages....

Finally those that know African history know that Africa civilized Europe and that Europeans were living in huts until Africans they met showed them light....

You are right, but moving forward we cant continue to dwell in the past, I believe the countries you mentioned above do allocate more resources to the future rather than cry over the past on what may have gone wrong, they have all had their fair share hardship.

Well if you say Africa was more civilized before Europeans, I am beginning to wonder what happened, why did we stop to grow even after they left us.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by gare(f): 4:56am On Sep 09, 2022
BigBashiru:

Lol Rwanda has not moved on. They have built a memorial to always remember the genocide....

See bah, the british imperialists know that a new generation e.g. those born this year hv no memory of what they did to Nigeria for 150 years (the british ruled Nigeria for 150 years)....so they capitalize on that to propagate a false history....

You don't know the gravity of the past that's why you belittle it.... millions of Nigerian soldiers fell defending Nigeria from the invading british savages. The past shapes the future. Nigeria's present borders were drawn up by France.... Africa was more advanced than Europe.... Africa did not go to Europe, Europe came to Africa which means Africa gat more power.....

So the way forward is to continue wailing, and having so much bitterness in us that will eventually destroy us
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by FireUpNow(m): 5:00am On Sep 09, 2022
It's very big shameful and disrespectful for Uju to make a statement of this nature. She just allowed the pains of yesterday overwhelmed her human feeling and brought out the bitterness in her as a person who belongs to the Biafria Her statement is damaging and disgraceful.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 5:00am On Sep 09, 2022
gare:

You are right, but moving forward we cant continue to dwell in the past, I believe the countries you mentioned above do allocate more resources to the future rather than cry over the past on what may have gone wrong, they have all had their fair share hardship.

Well if you say Africa was more civilized before Europeans, I am beginning to wonder what happened, why did we stop to grow even after they left us.

Jesus died for our sins... that happened 2000 years ago, yet we continue to dwell on that past today...and that past gives us a hope and guides our future....

Same thing, we need a big picture view of where we are in history (in 2022, Nigeria is still coming out of colonialism after at least 150 years of British misrule and psychological subjugation).

Nigeria has been growing rapidly. I prefer living in Nigeria to living in UK. French colonies (not former cos the colonial treaties are still in place) are not doing so well because the colonial era treaties France forced on them are still in place.... central african republic just broke free.

Problem is western media projects a false image of Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by amaridigital(m): 5:07am On Sep 09, 2022
Nosayer:

What's African mentality or Nigerian mentality? To come out against someone you feel is responsible for your loss? undecided

I still don't support the woman though but let's stop forcing ourselves to he politically correct

Are we the only country ever colonized? Why do we always point fingers at others and blame them for our problems without searching inward to reflect on our mistakes and find a way forward? I'm not supporting the British monarchy but we have our faults. The British left over 60 years ago. Rwanda fought a brutal civil war but today the nation is experiencing rapid development. Igbo people have elected representatives in government since 1999 collecting huge monthly federal allocations each month with nothing to show for it but they find it convenient to blame the British. Is this what we are going to tell our unborn generations that the reason we fail to develop in the year 2100 was because some people colonized us in the 1800's? Almost every nation on earth fought a civil war before even in America.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 5:13am On Sep 09, 2022
amaridigital:

Are we the only country ever colonized? Why do we always point fingers at others and blame them for our problems without searching inward to reflect on our mistakes and find a way forward? I'm not supporting the British monarchy but we have our faults. The British left over 60 years ago. Rwanda fought a brutal civil war but today the nation is experiencing rapid development. Igbo people have elected representatives in government since 1999 collecting huge monthly federal allocations each month with nothing to show for it but they find it convenient to blame the British. Is this what we are going to tell our unborn generations that the reason we fail to develop in the year 2100 was because some people colonized us in the 1800's? Almost every nation on earth fought a civil war before even in America.

I agree with you. But the issue is the colonizers still have their eyes on Africa....they are poor without Africa and hence will never leave Africa. It's not like they left voluntarily....as Mugabe said the british are still in Nigeria and Africa indirectly today through various Civil Service Organizations e.g. Amnesty International (allegedly).

Today we talk of neo-colonialism.... hence we must always speak of it...

Finally no country is ever perfect there's always one problem or another.

Let it be on record that Nigeria is more developed than the United States of America for those who really examine the facts and not base their analysis on media reports.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Eagba(m): 5:14am On Sep 09, 2022
datola:
How can a person of her status who is a scholar at Carnegie Mellon uttered such a despicable statement

IQ without Emtional Intelligence is dystrastrous.

Dr. Uju Anya is a university professor and researcher in applied linguistics, critical sociolinguistics, and critical discourse studies primarily examining race, gender, sexual, and social class identities in new language learning through the experiences of African American students.

Nigerian again for the wrong reason!

is any part of her post a lie.
you seem proud to be inferior

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by afube: 5:15am On Sep 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Her Ancestors were renowned naked Cannibals before the British Colonised and Christianized them and their Population exploded after they received Cassava Garri and Modern Medicine from the British Missionaries

This buffoon again! I knew that you go show for this thread! If you love the queen of the most evil empire known to man.....follow am enter grave.....unthinking afonja! Go and read history mumu
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by BigBashiru: 5:16am On Sep 09, 2022
gare:

So the way forward is to continue wailing, and having so much bitterness in us that will eventually destroy us

What bitterness? We are not bitter towards anyone... I'm not bitter towards anyone just stating the facts....

We are already on the path of the way forward. Lagos akwa ibom anambra all have good governments.... hopefully the next federal government will be better.... then we need to stop the brain drain.....we are already on the right path....
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by afube: 5:21am On Sep 09, 2022
seunmsg:
She’s simply a bitter and hateful lady. She’s a disgrace to Nigeria and humanity in general.

Oga go and sit down and read your history! No wonder thr British conspired with fulanis to remove history from Nigeria schools........see what you are posting at your old age!

That is why i love my quintessential igbo lad......he throws the truth at you no matter whose ox is gored! Biafra will soon be free of you brood of black saboteurs!!@
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Eagba(m): 5:24am On Sep 09, 2022
vanunu:

Is just like respecting Hitler. Do you know that Hitler killed Six million Jews in six years, while the material and moral support of Queen Elizabeth led to the death of over three million West African natives in 30 months.
not only that, if Nigeria was a sensible country, we ought to be sanctioning UK.
all these black slave on nairaland will be typing rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by africantycoon: 5:32am On Sep 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Her Ancestors were renowned naked Cannibals before the British Colonised and Christianized them and their Population exploded after they received Cassava Garri and Modern Medicine from the British Missionaries

Offended by my write up? I will keep speaking the truth.... the truth hurts but cannot be hidden.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by MisterRuk(m): 5:34am On Sep 09, 2022
Connected1:

So you think you see everything on the media.

When has the Jews and Nazis been on good terms, the hate is always there, we all saw their disdain during the heat of the Russia-Ukraine War.

You don't come online to say nonsense because you have a smartphone and Data.

You will always have disdain for your oppressors, no matter how you try to prevent it.
Sure, there will always be a disdain but complaining and playing victim is not going solve the problem. Everyone has the tendency to become an oppresor, many just haven't gotten the opportunity to act it out.
Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by africantycoon: 5:35am On Sep 09, 2022
Blossompowerpuf:

Don't fall for the trap that Nigerian colonies weren't civilized before the British came to colonize us. They painted us as savages and you're falling for the narrative. Didn't we build our own homes, make our own clothing, and understand herbal health care?

What about the walls of Benin which were said to rival even the great walls of China? Why didn't they colonize China?

The british troops took back thousands of our artworks as their loot - for them to have taken back such large amounts as seen in their museums today, it means they had never seen it before - which shows we were more advanced than them....

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Eagba(m): 5:36am On Sep 09, 2022
grandstar:
The woman is sick.

Queen Elizabeth's role was largely ceremonial and not executive and therefore can't be blamed directly for any mess on the ground.

your own mental slavery is worst.
the British monarch is firstly and solely responsible for thousands of atrocities across the world, from reducing China which was the biggest economy in world then to a shadow of it's self until this new determination by China

Tricking king Jaja into a truce and imprisoned him for trying to sell his oil directly

now you wonder why India isn't listening to the west concerning Russia, because of history.

there's blood in the water, England should be gutted.

3 Likes

Re: Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 09, 2022
FireUpNow:
It's very big shameful and disrespectful for Uju to make a statement of this nature. She just allowed the pains of yesterday overwhelmed her human feeling and brought out the bitterness in her as a person who belongs to the Biafria Her statement is damaging and disgraceful.
May be because you were not directly affected.
That's the reason you may see her statement as shameful. IF she's referring to the Biafran war, then you really need to be told what happened, what transpired and how it all started.
Let me remind you, many Easterners lost their first and second sons. In fact many had their families wiped out simply because they wanted to be independent.
Most IGBO MEN you see today are probably the new first sons they can boast of now. In fact, today, the ones in their 70s and above are just survivors who survived by the whiskers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

South Africans Beg Nigerians For Forgiveness (Video) / Taliban Unveils Special Forces In Armour Vest, Helmet And Night Vision(Pics) / Randy Russian Soldiers Flirt With Ukrainian Girls Amidst Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.