Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven (17417 Views)

Christian Religion denomination That accepts And support Homosexuality(LGBTQIA) / See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. / Hypocrisy And Irony Of The Christian Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2022
Hmm
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2022
cheesy
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by juman(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2022
We are so religious but so much godless.
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Pk01(m): 10:21am On Sep 11, 2022
Xctians of today,bishops, apostles,reverend's, pastors. No want read book of romans..ooh I dunno why..pastor righteousness ,what is the reason.?
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2022
Christianity is not a religion?

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by redsun(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2022
The only heaven you will ever know is when you are genuinely happy on earth. It's a very simple thing, yet so difficult to attain.
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Evilblackman(m): 10:24am On Sep 11, 2022
People who say Christianity is not a religion are trying to manipulate you
Please google what is a religion
And “ is christianity a religion “
You’ll know that this op is just another religious clout chasing fanatic

CHRISTIANITY IS A RELIGION

One of the Problems of this country
Humanitarianism is better than religion
Wake up
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Evilblackman(m): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
Christianity is not a religion?

I swear
The op , done go smoke watin i no know

Religion is Christianity
And some sheep will believe this
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by ultiliberty(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2022
Ken4Christ:
I know the heading will surprise most people but it's the truth. Christianity in itself is not a religion but people have made religion out of it.

Christiani is a living relationship with God the Father through our Lord Jesus.

So, you are not a Christian because you are a member of one denomination or the other.

For you to be a Christian, you must be born again or saved. And salvation is a free gift you get by accepting Jesus into your life and Saviour.

According to Romans 10:9-10, it involves two steps,

1. Believe in your heart that Jesus died for your sins.
2. Confess with your mouth that he is your Lord and Saviour.

And you will be saved.

You can be a member of a local church and not a member of the body of Christ written in heaven.

So, don't think you will make heaven because you belong to a local church.

You must be born again.

Do it now before you surprisingly see yourself in hell after you have left this earth.

That's the first thing before u could claim being a Christian... True meaning, Christ-Like
So, it was when the people see how the then apostles are doing, makes people call them Christ-Like... Which was later translated to Christan & also we got Christmas from it as well
...An example of Christlikeness is a kind, forgiving, sincere, caring and accepting person.
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2022
Evilblackman:

I swear
The op , don’t go smoke watin i no know

Religion is Christianity
And some sheep will believe this
They always want to change the meaning of everything to suit themselves. Imagine twisting a foreign word who's roots you know next to nothing of. Chai
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Heterodox(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2022
Unfortunately, you're still wrong.
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Evilblackman(m): 10:32am On Sep 11, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

They always want to change the meaning of everything to suit themselves. Imagine twisting a foreign word who's roots you know next to nothing of. Chai

Very manipulative religious fanatic
How can you be that ignorant
The meaning of religion clearly states what Christianity does
But he chose to twist it omo
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Evilblackman(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2022
ultiliberty:

That's the first thing before u could claim being a Christian... True meaning, Christ-Like
So, it was when the people see how the then apostles are doing, makes people call them Christ-Like... Which was later translated to Christan & also we got Christmas from it as well
...An example of Christlikeness is a kind, forgiving, sincere, caring and accepting person.

Christianity was reform 2 times
Christmas wasn’t gotten from Christianity
It was from the romans pagan holiday , which was marked as birth of Christ after they adopted the religion “Christianity “
Christianity was enacted from Judaism
And Jesus was a jew , he never identified as christlike
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Sleekfingers: 10:56am On Sep 11, 2022
Brainwashed people

1 Like

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2022
There is no heaven, you deluded mutt.

1 Like

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by nathdim: 11:08am On Sep 11, 2022
Ken4Christ:
I know the heading will surprise most people but it's the truth. Christianity in itself is not a religion but people have made religion out of it.

So, you are not a Christian because you are a member of one denomination or the other.

For you to be a Christian, you must be born again or saved. And salvation is a free gift you get by accepting Jesus into your life and Saviour.

And you will be saved.

You can be a member of a local church and not a member of the body of Christ written in heaven.

You must be born again.

Do it now before you surprisingly see yourself in hell after you have left this earth.
how can someone I have not met died for my sins 2000 years ago.. Mental slavery

2 Likes

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Abdulhakeem7(m): 11:20am On Sep 11, 2022
paxonel:
Stop telling people lies!

Christianity is a religion.
To even say Christianity will take you to heaven is understatement, because Christianity as a religion is heaven itself

Without the Christian religion it is impossible to please God, Hebrews 11:6

you must believe in Jesus as the Christ or Messiah God send to the Jews for you to be saved, that is what the Christian religion is about

Jesus Christ came to preach religion, that religion is God's kingdom.
You as a Christian must also preach that same religion Jesus Christ preached, just like Muslims are preaching Islam and Buhdaists are preaching Buhdaism

Was there anything called Christianity when Jesus(PBUH) was around?
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2022
But people go to churches these days to get easy solutions to their problems.

You can imagine that height of ignorance.

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Panda7(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2022
op that's a misleading topic to the church and to christians, do not de-emphasize the importance and needs of being in church and together with the christians brethren as it was pin pointly taught by Jesus Christ and the apostles which is one of the very important significance of the communion as the body and blood of Christ. being a sinner isn't a barrier not to be in church but an opportunity to turn a good leave, follow and grow with the church as a part of your life and family...
Amen
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by TruthHurts100: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2022
There is nowhere in the bible that you were promised heaven. Know this and know peace.
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by deebrownneymar: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2022
Ken4Christ:

And you will be saved.

You must be born again.

Thank you.

The church is not the building but the body of Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by CALCULUS16: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
I used to wonder why we are still commiting sin since Jesus is the saviour of the world. Since Jesus died, the root of sin should have died too.
After considering all religions, I came to realize all is a construct to tame the animals in human. I love that, but thinking you can commit sin and put it on someones death is more devilish than those who killed the innocent Jesus.
Some will even think say they can continue to sin since Jesus had died for their sins.
Some will even call the blood of Jesus, is
his death not enough for you if it's true, you won't allow his blood to rest (physical or spiritual blood, I don't even know)
He that can forgive sins yet died for the sins of people he can forgive, my confusion is in second derivative cheesy something is not adding up somewhere in the belief
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by akbonus: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
[quote author=paxonel post=116523259][b][color=#006600]Stop telling people lies!

Christianity is a religion.
To even say Christianity will take you to heaven is understatement, because Christianity as a religion is heaven itself

Without the Christian religion it is impossible to please God, Hebrews 11:6

you must believe in Jesus as the Christ or Messiah God send to the Jews for you to be saved, that is what the Christian religion is about

Jesus Christ came to preach religion, that religion is God's kingdom.
You as a Christian must also preach that same religion Jesus Christ preached, just like Muslims are preaching Islam and Buhdaists are preaching Buhdaism

no no sir christianity is not religion, christianity is far from being religion, it is a relationship, way of life, Christlike that is why we are called christian naa haba. Jesus came to establish a Kingdom and not a religion(Mt 6:33)and in that kingdom we should live like Christ that is why we are called christian sir.
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by spinner2020(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ken4Christ:

And you will be saved.

You must be born again.

Jesus is not even aware of Christians or Christianity
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by OgaNightmare(m): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's really deep i know but at times it's good to tell them so they won't think being born again is just like making a wish!
Only those baptized publicly have proved that they're on Jesus' said and they will strive to live the rest of their lives according to Jesus' orders this is what it means to be born of water.
It's like after coming out of that water you become a new person dead at entrance into the water and renewed when coming out of the water with the determination that you're with the church come what may for the love of Christ.

But God is choosing 144,001 rulers from the earth to rule in heaven over the earth. This is what all the first century religous leaders in the Jewish community anticipated, Nicodemus was one of this group so he came to ask Jesus not just to become a citizen of God's Kingdom because their belief is that the Christ has come to establish God's Kingdom on earth {Act 1:6} just as the scriptures foretold {Daniel 2:44 compare to Isaiah 9:6-7} that was what all Jews expected back then. But their rulers were expecting the Christ to come and make them his co-rulers after all they've been scrutinizing the Jews before the coming of Christ (according to their myopic thought)

So when Nicodemus came to meet Jesus he tried to seek favoritism by lying to Jesus saying "Rabbi, we know that you have come from God as a teacher, for no one can perform these signs that you perform unless God is with him.” John 3:2 he was trying to sit on the fence so as to keep his position in the Jewish High Court and at the same time being a friend of Christ. This is impossible that's why Jesus told him:

“Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” John 3:3

Nicodemus need a complete rebirth!
First he must be born of water (which means a publicly declaration before everyone that he's now one of the disciples of Jesus Christ through water baptism) secondly he must be born of the spirit (God will anoint him with the Holy Spirit out of countless baptized disciples of Christ signifying that he has been chosen to rule with Christ in heaven) John 3:5

Carefully note that there's a difference between the way Jesus first said this thing and the second:

“Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

“Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. What has been born from the flesh is flesh, and what has been born from the spirit is spirit" John 3:5-6

Only those who have become baptized with water can SEE what billions aren't seeing in a spiritual sense about God's Kingdom. There is no sign to be shown to faithless people {Matthew 12:39; 16:4} but baptized Christians will begin to SEE the bright future of obedient mankind as they continue to associate with the Church as Christ will always prove to be with them in the spirit! Matthew 18:20; 28:20

But only those anointed with God's Holy Spirit can ENTER into the wedding feast {Matthew 22:1-14} of the marriage between the Christ and his bride {Revelations 21:2} whoever is not chosen as in given the invitation which is the anointing (spiritual garment) is not going to (ENTER) with the bridegroom (Christ) Matthew 25:10

So all baptized and obedient people will SEE God's Kingdom but only the anointed will ENTER with Christ in the first resurrection! Revelations 20:4-6

Of course all obedient mankind will live forever but only the first fruit of the Kingdom will be privileged to ENTER heaven with Christ they are a limited number that's why Jesus referred to them as "little flock" Luke 12:32

So when misinformed churchgoers claims they are born again i just laugh because they don't really know what they're saying!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

So you've not received the holy spirit?
Romans:8.9
You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

1 Like

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by OgaNightmare(m): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
Maynmann:
grin
Mayman there's a day the issue of The historicity of Jesus came up.
And someone qouted Tacitus who said that the followers of the man Chrestus were causing disturbance in Rome.
Actually it was Serapis Chrestus not the Biblical Jesus grin

2 Likes

Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by OgaNightmare(m): 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
Any form of worship rendered to a deity is that individuals religion.
CHRISTIANITY is a religion
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by Jossymekoos10: 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ken4Christ:

And you will be saved.

You must be born again.

I agree with you but you missed a point
Believe /faith without work is dead, so you must show your belief in Jesus by living like he did on earth
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by selfemployed(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ken4Christ:

And you will be saved.

You must be born again.

Jesus won't take you to heaven, but love will.

If you like confess Jesus from morning till night, but if you don't love your neighbor, you're far from heaven.

Jesus came to teach you how to love
Re: Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven by awakmfon03(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
You are right
But I will like to know
What is HEAVEN: it's origin, meaning and location
What is HELL: it's origin, meaning and location
Without proper understanding of this TWO entity we may be wallowing in the mire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Homosexual, Incestual, Greedy Man Who Christians Have Portraits Of At Home / Can You Marry Someone Who Doesn't Believe In God? / Drop Your Prayer Point Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.