Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,511 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope (2086 Views)

Hausa Is Not Largest Tribe In Nigeria : This Tribe Is. / Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! / Nigeria’s Only Hope Is Rejecting Buhari In 2019 – CUPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2022
I can boast that I have the intellectual distance to speak objectively about a matter. I'm open, however, to correction and constructive criticism, so if there's anything I say that doesn't apply to common sense and observable phenomenon, please call my attention to it.

I'll discuss the aesthetic appeal of the Yoruba people. The Yorubas are not only intimately familiar with their culture but also very hospitable and accommodating to other ethnic groups. Of the main ethnic groups in Nigeria, they may be the most tolerant. Only in a yoruba land, you get to hear "Lagos is a no man's land". Yorubas have a strong sense of identity that they zealously maintain (as seen in their default opposition to inter-ethnic marriage and their strong grasp upon their cultural indexes such as language, names, dressing, cuisine, etc). They are fortunate for the Yoruba's unity (and, most times, to them alone). In this country, there is an attitude of "we" vs "them," therefore they support one another for their own interests. The Yoruba are very intellectual and open to trying new things as long as it doesn't negatively impact their cultural norms. (A Muslim friend of mine from Yorubaland used to accompany me to church to experience what it was like; a Muslim friend of mine who was born of Muslim parents also started going to church for the sake of having more religious options.)

If you stay out of their way of doing things and, yeah, if you understand their language, the Hausa-Fulani people can be very nice and friendly to other people—they already are exceptionally friendly to themselves. The Northerner, however, is prone to having a revolting perspective of some widely accepted standards and is not afraid to pick up a sword if necessary due to the fast-paced, always changing nature of the environment they live in.

Let's look at the Igbos last. Who are the Igbos truly, you'll be asked in the first question? (I'm not asking this to hear another sermon about how Igbos are the long-lost tribe of Israel or to gain a definition.) There is no IGBO NATION, which reveals the basic character of Igbo people in relation to their sense of national identity. (Or perhaps there has only been one country of Igbos since the 1967 Civil War, connected by a shared struggle but not by an innate motivation of oneness.) In Nigeria, politics and religion are inextricably linked. The religious intolerance of Igbos is greater. I've seen a lot of Hausa and Fulani Christians, some of whom are my friends, but only two Igbo Muslims (and these two are often given the treatment of lepers amidst other Igbos). This dates back to pre-colonial periods, when the majority of Igbo societies functioned as small, independent communities as opposed to the empiristic tendencies of the Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani communities prior to the unification of Nigeria.

The Igbos, among the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, are really the least tribalistic (and in a nation comprised of more than 450 ethnic groups this is a good trait for peaceful cohabitation). There are many Igbo people around Nigeria, and they all appear to be very comfortable there. Sometimes, an Igbo person settles in a foreign land.

The Igbos are also commercially minded, yet this is simply one example of an Igbo man's flaming ambition and desire for greatness. The Igbo man enjoys feeling superior to others, both people from other ethnic groups and those from his own, and he uses all of his skills to make that sensation a reality. The Igbo guy views himself as superior because of who he is and not because of what WE have or WHO WE ARE. The Igbo psyche is ruled by individuality rather than communalism, which may explain why they come across as more progressive than people of other races.

The Igbos, however, are most flawed by this similar tendency. Igbo people are also known for being cynical, shrewd, and brutally astute, much like Shylock. It causes the Igbos to see everyone as just another rung on their ladder of success, including other Igbos, and they are less likely to hesitate to take shortcuts as a result.

In a country where political participation at the national level is mostly defined by the communal support of your own ethnic group, the Igbo have been rendered politically useless by this very attribute. This same characteristic causes other ethnic groups to use a long spoon whenever an Igbo guy is present at the table. It is a quality that breeds an enticing brew of anger and terror of the Igbos in the hearts of others.
Having stated that, let's have a look at the three candidates for president.
WHO IS Atiku Abubakar : A politician and businessman from Nigeria named Atiku Abubakar GCON was Olusegun Obasanjo's vice president of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007. The phenomenal growth of Intels, the oilfield logistics company that he co-founded in 1982, is a factor in Mr. Abubakar's reputation in the corporate world. The business has expanded from its first location in a shipping container to a multinational, multi-billion naira operation with more than 10,000 employees.

Atiku Abubakar worked with Nigeria Customs Service for 20 years and rose to the position of a Deputy Director. He retired in 1989 to venture into business and politics. Please keep this in mind Customs is one public organization that 70% of Nigerians polled said was corrupt and is still corrupt. So you will already be aware of the source when you inquire about this man's wealth again. Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president, has been called a "blatant and disgusting liar" by Obasanjo. A pure capitalist you shouldn't give control to.

WHO IS Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu: Nigerian politician and accountant Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu (born March 29, 1952) held the offices of Lagos State Governor from 1999 to 2007 and Senator for Lagos West during the Third Republic's brief existence.

A man whose identity is kept a well guarded secret, whose age, family, source of income, and educational background are all unknown.
In addition to being a known companion of Mueez Akande, who has been identified as the cartel's leader, and having shared housing with him, Tinubu was an active member of the drug cartel. A person who lacks morality, is dishonest, supports modern slavery, and isn't strong enough to handle the demands of the post he'd like to hold.

WHO IS Peter Gregory Obi: Peter Gregory Obi was born on July 19, 1961, in Onitsha, the thriving commercial hub of the state of Anambra, where he would later serve as governor. At the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, he earned a BA in philosophy in 1984. Additionally, he has earned multiple credentials from prestigious foreign universities like Oxford, Harvard, and Cambridge.

Before going into politics, Obi had a prosperous financial career, climbing through the ranks to become the Fidelity Bank Plc's youngest chairman. Additionally, he served as chairman of Future Views Securities Ltd. and Guardian Express Mortgage Bank. According to reports, Peter Obi is exceedingly thrifty with both public and private funds. He left the Anambra treasury with more money than he had when he began serving as governor. He included every check he had left to make sure that instructors, pensioners, and contractors were paid in his handover notes. He assisted in bringing Anambra out of political stalemate while disobeying the godfathers, and he is adamant that he won't buy delegates at the party convention.

So Nigerians, I can say with certainty that no family in Nigeria hasn't been taken advantage of by an Ibo man. The majority of them are hateful and egotistical, but among them, we found a candidate who will rescue us from the woods and lay the groundwork for us to start building and being proud to identify as Nigerians.

The two candidates mentioned above have spent the most of their careers turning Nigeria into the world's most impoverished nation, but Peter Obi is a genuine guy with integrity who has the know-how to restore our greatness. So let's bury the hatch and choose him to lead us on a better road to greatness. I won't lower myself to respond to hate speech; instead, I'll only address posts that make sense with facts and enlighten us for the greater good. Happy weekend let make Nigeria great again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2022
I am obidient

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:44am On Sep 10, 2022
Tina00writer:
I am obidient
He is our only hope. May not be the perfect Candidate but he is the lesser evil.

7 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by Moh247: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2022
Pounds for pounds Education, career, achievements let's compare Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Peter Obi

Democracy is about fairness

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
He is our only hope. May not be the perfect Candidate but he is the lesser evil.

Yes ,and we are seeing it clearly

4 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 10, 2022
Fact

1 Like

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by christejames(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2022
Igbos philosophy is 'live and let's live'... And they hate to be controlled like 'cows'. This is what some people that have never stepped their feet in the east perceive as arrogance.

Visit the east and experience free lifestyle before judging the people wrongly all because of what you heard.

I'm OBIdient though!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:47am On Sep 10, 2022
The Nairaland Moderators will not like to push this one to front page...since the article has promoted Peter Obi but overlooked Tinubu and Atiku.

BTW all Igbos supporting Peter Obi should realise winning elections in Nigeria is a communal effort from all tribes, Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Ijaw etc and stop castigating others if they choose to support another candidate.
No Presidential candidate no matter how good he is can win elections without the support votes from all the tribes across Nigeria. Igbos should learn a lessom from Awolowo. He was very good but never became President.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:47am On Sep 10, 2022
Moh247:
Pounds for pounds Education, career, achievements let's compare Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Peter Obi

One is a drug Lord who will run Nigeria as a cartel, the other a man of integrity. My candidate was Yemi Osinbajo until APC did me dirty. Obi will deliver.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by heniford2: 9:49am On Sep 10, 2022
Am voting peter obi but you finish igbo tribe here undecided

2 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by Moh247: 9:49am On Sep 10, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
One is a drug Lord who will run Nigeria as a cartel, the other a man of integrity. My candidate was Yemi Osinbajo until APC did me dirty. Obi will deliver.

Insult and slander isn't going to win you vote

Money laundering and drug trafficking ain't the same but keep fooling yourself thinking others can't research

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by kettykin: 9:50am On Sep 10, 2022
Moh247:

This is good, let's start with primary, secondary then university and post graduate programs, executive MBA

Post that of Tinubu while i get that of Obi

4 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by cicero(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2022
I disagree with the igbo being the least hospitable part. You clearly demonstrate you don’t know them much or you are judging them based on a few faceless keyboard warriors some of whom may be mischievous elements deliberately creating tribal fights.
sirjamesjnr:
I can boast that I have the intellectual distance to speak objectively about a matter. I'm open, however, to correction and constructive criticism, so if there's anything I say that doesn't apply to common sense and observable phenomenon, please call my attention to it.

I'll discuss the aesthetic appeal of the Yoruba people. The Yorubas are not only intimately familiar with their culture but also very hospitable and accommodating to other ethnic groups. Of the main ethnic groups in Nigeria, they may be the most tolerant. Only in a yoruba land, you get to hear "Lagos is a no man's land". Yorubas have a strong sense of identity that they zealously maintain (as seen in their default opposition to inter-ethnic marriage and their strong grasp upon their cultural indexes such as language, names, dressing, cuisine, etc). They are fortunate for the Yoruba's unity (and, most times, to them alone). In this country, there is an attitude of "we" vs "them," therefore they support one another for their own interests. The Yoruba are very intellectual and open to trying new things as long as it doesn't negatively impact their cultural norms. (A Muslim friend of mine from Yorubaland used to accompany me to church to experience what it was like; a Muslim friend of mine who was born of Muslim parents also started going to church for the sake of having more religious options.)

If you stay out of their way of doing things and, yeah, if you understand their language, the Hausa-Fulani people can be very nice and friendly to other people—they already are exceptionally friendly to themselves. The Northerner, however, is prone to having a revolting perspective of some widely accepted standards and is not afraid to pick up a sword if necessary due to the fast-paced, always changing nature of the environment they live in.

Let's look at the Igbos last. Who are the Igbos truly, you'll be asked in the first question? (I'm not asking this to hear another sermon about how Igbos are the long-lost tribe of Israel or to gain a definition.) There is no IGBO NATION, which reveals the basic character of Igbo people in relation to their sense of national identity. (Or perhaps there has only been one country of Igbos since the 1967 Civil War, connected by a shared struggle but not by an innate motivation of oneness.) In Nigeria, politics and religion are inextricably linked. The religious intolerance of Igbos is greater. I've seen a lot of Hausa and Fulani Christians, some of whom are my friends, but only two Igbo Muslims (and these two are often given the treatment of lepers amidst other Igbos). This dates back to pre-colonial periods, when the majority of Igbo societies functioned as small, independent communities as opposed to the empiristic tendencies of the Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani communities prior to the unification of Nigeria.

The Igbos, among the major ethnic groups in Nigeria, are really the least tribalistic (and in a nation comprised of more than 450 ethnic groups this is a good trait for peaceful cohabitation). There are many Igbo people around Nigeria, and they all appear to be very comfortable there. Sometimes, an Igbo person settles in a foreign land.

The Igbos are also commercially minded, yet this is simply one example of an Igbo man's flaming ambition and desire for greatness. The Igbo man enjoys feeling superior to others, both people from other ethnic groups and those from his own, and he uses all of his skills to make that sensation a reality. The Igbo guy views himself as superior because of who he is and not because of what WE have or WHO WE ARE. The Igbo psyche is ruled by individuality rather than communalism, which may explain why they come across as more progressive than people of other races.

The Igbos, however, are most flawed by this similar tendency. Igbo people are also known for being cynical, shrewd, and brutally astute, much like Shylock. It causes the Igbos to see everyone as just another rung on their ladder of success, including other Igbos, and they are less likely to hesitate to take shortcuts as a result.

In a country where political participation at the national level is mostly defined by the communal support of your own ethnic group, the Igbo have been rendered politically useless by this very attribute. This same characteristic causes other ethnic groups to use a long spoon whenever an Igbo guy is present at the table. It is a quality that breeds an enticing brew of anger and terror of the Igbos in the hearts of others.
Having stated that, let's have a look at the three candidates for president.
WHO IS Atiku Abubakar : A politician and businessman from Nigeria named Atiku Abubakar GCON was Olusegun Obasanjo's vice president of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007. The phenomenal growth of Intels, the oilfield logistics company that he co-founded in 1982, is a factor in Mr. Abubakar's reputation in the corporate world. The business has expanded from its first location in a shipping container to a multinational, multi-billion naira operation with more than 10,000 employees.

Atiku Abubakar worked with Nigeria Customs Service for 20 years and rose to the position of a Deputy Director. He retired in 1989 to venture into business and politics. Please keep this in mind Customs is one public organization that 70% of Nigerians polled said was corrupt and is still corrupt. So you will already be aware of the source when you inquire about this man's wealth again. Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president, has been called a "blatant and disgusting liar" by Obasanjo. A pure capitalist you shouldn't give control to.

WHO IS Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu: Nigerian politician and accountant Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu (born March 29, 1952) held the offices of Lagos State Governor from 1999 to 2007 and Senator for Lagos West during the Third Republic's brief existence.

A man whose identity is kept a well guarded secret, whose age, family, source of income, and educational background are all unknown.
In addition to being a known companion of Mueez Akande, who has been identified as the cartel's leader, and having shared housing with him, Tinubu was an active member of the drug cartel. A person who lacks morality, is dishonest, supports modern slavery, and isn't strong enough to handle the demands of the post he'd like to hold.

WHO IS Peter Gregory Obi: Peter Gregory Obi was born on July 19, 1961, in Onitsha, the thriving commercial hub of the state of Anambra, where he would later serve as governor. At the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, he earned a BA in philosophy in 1984. Additionally, he has earned multiple credentials from prestigious foreign universities like Oxford, Harvard, and Cambridge.

Before going into politics, Obi had a prosperous financial career, climbing through the ranks to become the Fidelity Bank Plc's youngest chairman. Additionally, he served as chairman of Future Views Securities Ltd. and Guardian Express Mortgage Bank. According to reports, Peter Obi is exceedingly thrifty with both public and private funds. He left the Anambra treasury with more money than he had when he began serving as governor. He included every check he had left to make sure that instructors, pensioners, and contractors were paid in his handover notes. He assisted in bringing Anambra out of political stalemate while disobeying the godfathers, and he is adamant that he won't buy delegates at the party convention.

So Nigerians, I can say with certainty that no family in Nigeria hasn't been taken advantage of by an Ibo man. The majority of them are hateful and egotistical, but among them, we found a candidate who will rescue us from the woods and lay the groundwork for us to start building and being proud to identify as Nigerians.

The two candidates mentioned above have spent the most of their careers turning Nigeria into the world's most impoverished nation, but Peter Obi is a genuine guy with integrity who has the know-how to restore our greatness. So let's bury the hatch and choose him to lead us on a better road to greatness. I won't lower myself to respond to hate speech; instead, I'll only address posts that make sense with facts and enlighten us for the greater good. Happy weekend let make Nigeria great again.

2 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by goshikid: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2022
I am not going to vote for Peter obi... Never!!!

4 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:52am On Sep 10, 2022
christejames:
Igbos philosophy is 'live and let's live'... And they hate to be controlled like 'cows'. This is what some people that have never stepped their feet in the east perceive as arrogance.

Visit the east and experience free lifestyle before judging the people wrongly all because of what you heard.

I'm OBIdient though!
I have live in Anambra State, Ibo are my neighbor, most of people I relate with are Ibos. I experience first hand how Peter Obi turn Anambra state from, a state where Godfather's reign supreme to the richest State in Ibo land.

4 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by rusher14: 9:53am On Sep 10, 2022
Why are Igbos still leaving Anambra for Lagos?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2022
Moh247:

Insult and slander isn't going to win you vote

Money laundering and drug trafficking ain't the same but keep fooling yourself thinking others can't research
Is Money laundering not a crime? Will you allow such character to run your business. Please drop your emotion let activate common sense.

1 Like

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by christejames(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
I have live in Anambra State, Ibo are my neighbor, most of people I relate with are Ibos. I experience first hand how Peter Obi turn Anambra state from, a state where Godfather's reign supreme to the richest State in Ibo land.

That's good to know smiley
Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by yomi961: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2022
I Will never vote for any Igbo Man

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2022
rusher14:
Why are Igbos still leaving Anambra for Lagos?
For business opportunity. Lagos are part of Nigeria and former capital and Ibos are Nigerian.
Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by Moh247: 9:58am On Sep 10, 2022
kettykin:

This is good, let's start with primary, secondary then university and post graduate programs, executive MBA

Post that of Tinubu while i get that of Obi

He has his documents intact in the archives of Chicago State University where he graduated first class honours in business administration and accounting

He entered with GCE and also a "pre degree" at daisy college

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:00am On Sep 10, 2022
Moh247:

He has his documents intact in the archives of Chicago State University where he graduated first class honours in business administration and accounting

He entered with GCE and also a "pre degree" at daisy college
Tell us about his activities from Age of 1 to when he was 20 years old. I respect him, he has make a name and wealth for himself but HE IS NOT FIT TO LEAD OUR COUNTRY.

4 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by rusher14: 10:00am On Sep 10, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
For business opportunity. Lagos are part of Nigeria and former capital and Ibos are Nigerian.
They go to Lagos because Lagos provides the opportunity.

Opportunities are created when policies serve the purpose.

Till tomorrow, Peter and Paul whose musical careers are over still live in Lagos.

What opportunity are they looking for?

By the way, in this internet age, you can work from "home".

2 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by rusher14: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
Tell us about his activities from Age of 1 to when he was 20 years old. I respect him, he has make a name and wealth for himself but HE IS NOT FIT TO LEAD OUR COUNTRY.

Yes because when you go for an interview ad a graduate they are interested in what primary school you attended.
Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:02am On Sep 10, 2022
cicero:
I disagree with the igbo being the least hospitable part. You clearly demonstrate you don’t know them much or you are judging them based on a few faceless keyboard warriors some of whom may be mischievous elements deliberately creating tribal fights.
How do you treat Ebonyi man among you. Can Anambra see Abia state man as equal? Ibo are in bed with you solely for his personal gain

2 Likes

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by Moh247: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
Is Money laundering not a crime? Will you allow such character to run your business. Please drop your emotion let activate common sense.

Compass finance Chicago is a company owned by Tinubu, he invested people's fund in lucrative business... Chicago drug dealer came to invest when he had already moved to ExxonMobil Nigeria they invested $460k and FBI forfeited Thier 460k yet freed Tinubu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2022
rusher14:

They go to Lagos because Lagos provides the opportunity.

Opportunities are created when policies serve the purpose.

Till tomorrow, Peter and Paul whose musical careers are over still live in Lagos.

What opportunity are they looking for?

By the way, in this internet age, you can work from "home".
Lagos, a former metropolis with every international port and significant commercial link located there, is one of the reasons why other States in Nigeria are not operating (I will start a thread about this). Lagos is not an isolated entity; the Federal government is what gives it its characteristics.
Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by rusher14: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2022

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by franchasofficia: 10:08am On Sep 10, 2022
The op sound like a very intelligent person, I must commend your ability to remain neutral in your write up but it would have been good that you revealed your own tribe at the end.

Back to your write up, you made salient points and made some fallacious conclusions in some.

For example, you said Igbos don't have that sense of oneness as a people and are never a nation until 1967 when Ojukwu tried to breakaway Biafra.

Listen op, it was the loss of the war that scattered the Igbos. Igbos are even the number one tribe that practice oneness more than others. Before the civil war, there is a popular adage in Igbo that says; "onye aghala nwanne ya", this was the symbol of Igbo tribe even when they started migrating to cities, they continued having "umu nna" meetings, the age grade meetings and the community associations of various Igbo communities where people from the same Igbo communities came together in cities where they lived to discuss ways to help one another and how to help their communities and people back in Igbo land.

These associations led to massive developments of Igbo communities as they contributed to execute projects like town halls, modern markets, rural road construction, rural electrification projects, community healthcare, community water projects, scholarships, etc which helped Igbo rural communities develop faster than other tribes in Nigeria without the help or contribution of governments.

This same oneness of Igbos brought about the Igbo widely practiced "igba boi" that made success in trade and entrepreneurship to circulate among Igbos.

The disunity of Igbos only started after the civil war broke out and most of you don't know the negative effect of losing civil war, especially in a black African nation filled with biles and savages from other competing tribes wishing others perpetual death and backwardness.

If Igbos weren't united like most of you assume, do you think it would have been easy for Ojukwu to convince Igbos to go to war when Gowon declared Police action against Biafra after Ojukwu announced Biafra secession?

Did you think Igbos would have stood solidly behind Nzeogwu after he carried the coup that he never consulted them for?

Northerners only became united after the January 1966 coup and civil war while Igbos became disorganized after the war.

But those times have passsed, as Igbos of today are more than united than ever in history as you can see among IPOB.

No other Nigerian tribe will agree to be paying monthly dues from their individual pockets to achieve a communal struggle except the Igbos.

IPOB members are paying monthly contributions for years till date irrespective of accusations and propaganda against IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu just because of the love Igbos have for Biafra.

Tell me which other Nigerian tribe can show such unity by action not by mere words and in partying and celebrations?

Lastly, you talked about Igbos being hostile to other tribes, this is also a myth and an assumption by people who have never visited Igbo land.

Again the reason other tribes feel Southeast isn't welcoming to them is based on the below reasons:

1.) Igbos by nature are competitive in nature and this brings out the best in them, reason they always want things on merit because they believe they will outshine others with their skill, smartness and maybe craft.

Because of this, other tribes see them as not welcoming because Igbos won't give you a free land because you are a stranger but if you offer him enough money he believe its worth the land, he will sell the land to you, making other tribes to see it as Igbos cheating them because they aren't Igbo but an Igbo man will do same to fellow Igbo.

2.) Southeast have the least land mass in Nigeria, making land a contentious issue in Igbo land such that family members fight and sometimes kill each other because of land dispute, so a none Igbo who goes to Igbo land expecting free land just because he is not Igbo is on a wild goose chase and reason many that tried in the past claim Igbos in Southeast don't sell lands to strangers.

3.) The competitive nature of Igbos makes Southeast unfavorable for other tribes who are not ready to compete to gain ground business wise or political wise, making many to wrongly assume Igbos aren't welcoming in Southeast.

The only tribe in Nigeria that aren't welcoming to other tribes are the Fulanis.

Yorubas are peaceful I must commend them.

Politically, Igbos don't believe in following the decision of one political figure unless that figure has proven beyond doubt to be sound and exceptional, still there will be divergent voices among Igbos.

When it comes to religious tolerance, I must admit that Yorubas are the most tolerant tribe in Nigeria.

Igbos are not open to too many religions, they are not tolerant when it comes to religion so op is very correct with that point about religious tolerance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by rusher14: 10:08am On Sep 10, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
Lagos, a former metropolis with every international port and significant commercial link located there, is one of the reasons why other States in Nigeria are not operating (I will start a thread about this). Lagos is not an isolated entity; the Federal government is what gives it its characteristics.

Not true.

The other states not being able to operate is because they lack imagination and long-term goals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by Moh247: 10:08am On Sep 10, 2022
sirjamesjnr:

Lol... Tinubu is well known in Lagos Island he was on the street hustling people like Fuji musicians like barrister and Kwam 1 know him

Re: Although The Ibo Tribe Is The Least Hospitable, Peter Obi Is Our Only Hope by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2022
Moh247:

Compass finance Chicago is a company owned by Tinubu, he invested people's fund in lucrative business... Chicago drug dealer came to invest when he had already moved to ExxonMobil Nigeria they invested $460k and FBI forfeited Thier 460k yet freed Tinubu
You may be familiar with the concept of a plea bargain under Uncle Sam's legislation. In exchange for his freedom, he lost his money. Since nobody is flawless and ASO IS NOT A RETIREMENT HOME, I would have to take him into consideration if only he were healthy and qualified for the position he desired.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S Visa Ban On APC Election Riggers: I Am Pleased / Soludo Commissions Market & Road Projects Constructed by Anambra citizens (pics) / If The USA Were To Launch A Military Strike Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.