Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,082 members, 7,818,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship (54522 Views)

Francis Dooga, Retired Soldier Commits Suicide Over Hardship In Benue (Graphic) / 35-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide Over Hardship In Jigawa / Federal Poly Oko Student Commits Suicide Over Hardship In Anambra (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by funkyjaay: 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
fellows at time mmmm just thing outside the box.if there is any thing like that
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Khartune(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
Nigeria is getting out of hands

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Now dem go dey help you knack your wife, didn't you think about that b4 killing yourself. Your kids will call another man daddy, and they will remember you as a man that quits. Suicide is really a mental issue
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Reference(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
As an association of intellectuals, the very best brains Nigeria has to offer I am particularly disappointed that much planning has not gone into this strike in ameliorating the sufferings of it's members out of pay for months.

You will ordinarily expect that finding alternate paid work even on a part time basis should not be a problem for people at the very top of the tree of life in their various profeciencies.

If recent graduates turned youth corpers can find places of primary assignments for a season how much more their tutors with vastly more capabilities and experiences.

My only hope is that this strike, strikes a mental chord in the various ivory towers to begin a push for financial autonomy through self help programs and projects aimed at alternate financing models to funding tertiary education.

For a data entry expert I can list half a dozen positions and places where those skills are presently required only if those involved are interested in broadening their appeal and trading their skillsets through consultancy.

In my pre degree and post degree programs I was always involved with my lecturers in assisting with private projects they brought in from industry and it helped ground me in my field before industry and I know earned those lecturers involved a lot of money. I just wonder where all this has gone these days.

A lecturer committing suicide out of need is a clear aberration and symptomatic of a dysfunctional system top to bottom and makes one wonder if college education in Nigeria has not decayed beyond relevance.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Harmlesspill(m): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
You guys should stop sounding so silly,when you comment from your bed or your comfort zone,,you sound more stupid
You guys should just get out.
Don't be in a hurry to get involved in talking trash about things you don't know.
Only him knew why he pulled the trigger.

1 Like

Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by CaptainAyub: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
david22uu:
ASUU IS ACADEMIC STAFF

HE IS NOT ON STRIKE, HE HIS BEING PAID
I think the bribes he received from students has stopped

This is corruption that fought back

MY OWN THINKING
Exactly what came to my mind
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by sammirano: 2:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
doggedfighter:

Lies !

Try to kee urself, I want to Check Something
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by romunu(m): 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2022
What of people that don’t even have work, it’s not that they went on strike, them dey strike since them graduated, their own no resumption still they still manage to be alive, God will always provide for us all, no be to kee yourself be the matter.
Any how sha, RIP, no come back if Assu resume oo.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by GoodIsGod: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
Barbiturate:

You're talking in the rubbish! Why didn't Christ help him during his sufferings? Why didn't Christ send helper to assist him in taking care of his children and family needs?

Because things are going on well for you, you don't know what people are facing out there! You come to type nonsense!

They have been praying "prayer for Nigeria in distress" in Catholic churches for years now, but the situation is getting worse by the day!
Stop deceiving yourself and face reality!

You talked like a frustrated Christian. If you don't want to go through trials at all in this world, then Christianity is not for you.
What you guys call problems are mere trials. Which every true child of God will overcome.
Christ himself said " In this world you will go through tribulations but cheer up for I have overcome the world"

So if you cant wait on God during trials, there are other gods that will give instant riches and help you need you can go with them.

Righteousness is right with his post. Suicide is not an option if truly you love the people you are leaving behind.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by 2Radii: 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
GoodIsGod:

I don dey fire Dem one by one.
grin

If righteousness is gentle God has many children. Some are not gentle. They are like Elisha.

grin
lol, na my mama u resemble Walahi, she no want make person dey gentle unnecessarily, u give it to her, she give u back in full fold grin

1 Like

Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by GoodIsGod: 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
Samfloxin:

If you meet anyone in such situation,help them financially first before preaching to them,that's what the Bible taught us

You are right and now that he didn't meet him before killing himself is the preacher wrong?
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Realists(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
david22uu:
ASUU IS ACADEMIC STAFF

MY OWN THINKING

It's a fact SANU are not on strike, which means something else made him commit suicide.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Selfmotivated: 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Spandau: 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
Too bad. I know a lot of who do not have kids will not relate.

But suicide is not the option. What happens to relocating to a village and starting farming.
At least our forefathers survived farming and hunting in the bush.

Village schools are cheap and the children will not bother where they attend school.
And ypu have your two hands and two legs. You and your wife are not sick.

It's easier said than done. Suppose the wife is not cooperative? Do you even know the amount of pressure she must have been mounting on him because of financial problems? 95% of Nigerian women have olosho mentality in varying degrees. Some have more than others and given the right premise, the mentality will manifest. I don't blame them though. Nobody prays to suffer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by yeshuasfootstep(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Mahadum.

'Know it all' is what University is, I wonder the type of Universities we have in this land and the kind of graduates they produce.

It seems nemesis has also caught up with the corruption empire wrongly called Universities in this clime.

Whatever you do, please say no to suicide. Time heals all wounds.
Think of your patience as a big lake and not a glass of water, then your problems as a handful of salt.

If you pour a handful of salt on both the glass of water and the big lake and have a taste of each, you'll understand why you'll widen your patience.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by nedekid: 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
CSTRR:
Nigeria is the poorest nation in the world.

People are suffering like no where else.
Almost every female is into runs.

And yet fashola thinks it is being exaggerated.

Lunatic.
Oga, I attest to that. Nigerians are living a crappy life yet they do not know it. As I always say, look at the cars on the road of a country and you can tell how well the citizens are doing. 95% are all crappy and should be in junk yard. You will hear yahoo boy buys benz, when you see the benz na late model no one uses again.
See education, if you don't have millions for either private or foreign uni, your child possibly wount be attending classes in university but be at home under ASUU strike. Education ohh for that matter! Other countries give free university education or at worst offer student loans that you pay after earning over a certain amount yearly.
Food nko, bobs e taya me.
This country is heading down hill fast.
Out of 10 calls you get now, 8 are people seeking help!
Make I see betta money, it's to find business I can do abroad to earn money, get a house and run my naija biz from away..
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by ibechris(m): 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
Righteousness2:
Suicide is straight to Hell Fire. A place of torment, pains, regrets and tears.

Hell Fire is Uncomparable to whatever situation or challenge that you are facing here in earth.

The moment you enter , there is no coming back.

Cast your cares upon JESUS Christ! He is always there for those who Depend and trust in HIM.

This is the version of christianity many of u do not understand and yet u pass a final judgement to it.

The Bible does not say explicitly where the person who died via suicide goes to and why should u say hell?

There is no place in the Bible where it is stated that if u commit suicide that u will go straight to hell. In fact,suicide is perhaps one the most difficult and painful discussion in the Bible.

Out of the seven People in the Bible who committed suicide,are u saying that one of them that is Samson is in hell?

Suicide is not even one of the grevest sins in the Bible and in christianity the bottom line is believing in Jesus christ and doing his will and every other thing is left for him to decide and not you Nigerians who pass final verdict to such circumstance.

Quote where it written and tell me if u are the one who has the final say or God?

For those who may argue in ignorance. For the fact that suicide is not explicitly stated in the Bible,it does not also mean hell awaits the person...let us not say what Christ has not said.

U can read more and do more research instead of coming to argue blindly.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Slydan204: 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hmmmm, so does his death automatically pay d fees. Anyways RIP
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Timekeeper452: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
david22uu:
ASUU IS ACADEMIC STAFF

MY OWN THINKING
your thinking is crazy cos ASUU isn’t the only academic union on strike, both nasu and SSANU were on strike with ASUU, but only temporarily suspended the strike. But still, even after suspending, they can’t resume work because ASUU is still on strike and without ASUU the school is as good as closed, so no salary still. Please only comment if you are very sure of what you are commenting on.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by sageb: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Alexpetra: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
How can a grown man chose suicide over finding solution to the issue on ground... Wetin make students that can't go to service because of the strike do and probably not be able to get job because of Age bracket in job employment.... Like who will now carry the burden of taking care of his children.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by deltateam: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/strike-uniben-staff-commit-suicide-in-edo

Rip to him but suicide is a cowardly act.

It's very important to have multiple streams of income.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Lannister360: 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
DaddyCK:

easy how? that man is a faliure & a disgrase to Nigeria, blooody foool. lookat women doing olosho job, why dint they chooose the option to commit sucide like the edddiot..they had to HUSSSLE. i even respet olosho women coz they do wot the gats to do...unlike the edddiot man. . a real man must husssle. cant he go n do olosho job or work as driver or security officer.? .therris NO EXCUSE for failure. that man is a embarassssment to Africa, Nigeria, Peter Obi and even me ...he a foool for dying.!!!(no ofeinse) angry

Please stop, everyone's situation is not the same, stop making comparison, it might be a series of events that have happened in the past that lead him to this finial decision, do you know if he had tried security job or some other odd jobs in the past? You don't know so stop judging. You know how present day Nigeria is.

You think suicide is easy, anyone who commit suicide is not a coward, it takes a lot of balls to kill yourself.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Johel(m): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
ijustdey:

https://dailytrust.com/strike-uniben-staff-commit-suicide-in-edo

Make una vote for Tinubu o... Hardship go finish una generation...APC the party of failures...RIP to the dead.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Jman06(m): 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
RIP to the dead
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Tboymessiah(m): 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
salem1996:

I wish you can back up your comment with actions just like he did

Na rope I dey find up and down
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Tboymessiah(m): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
6ixT8:

Comrade you're suicidal grin

No be so, nothing really dey this life
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by Tboymessiah(m): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
Shurtman79:
so are you planning to do same? undecided undecided

Not you na we, we are planning ni
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
I hope he wrote his will and mandated his wife to use his pvc and vote for the right man Obident
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by deflover(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
Uyi168:
the psychological effect of the lingering strike on students can only be imagined,especially final yr students.

he loved his family so much and wouldnt want to see them suffer, I only wonder how committing suicide will help in this case.

may Nigeria not happen to us a second time.

He didn't love his family
He is selfish and self centered
A man who loves his family will carry blocks
He will do conductor
He will go out to wash cars
He will go online to find legit business to do
That's who loves his family not a coward who hates his family and killed himself
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by bitbillionaire: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
Sad. But unfortunately he is not solving any problem by taking his life! He only postpone the assignments and tasks life demands of him! Infact wherever he goes, he is going to be hunted by the very thing he is trying to escape from, whatever that may be.

The lesson we all need to learn from this prolonged ASUU strike is this: NEVER BE COMFORTABLE WITH ONE SOURCE OF INCOME! Try and create alternative source of income you can always fall back on if anything should happens to your main job.
Re: Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship by honour7: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
Na even oshodin, lolz work wey him get on a platter of gold em go dey commit sic code say dem no pay am, me wey don graduate 12 years ago con still hustle do masters join without any good job just hustling, I never kill my self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

People Without Face-Masks In Indonesia Dig Grave As Punishment / Lady Runs Mad Inside Osogbo Popular Market, Causes Traffic Gridlock (pic) / Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.