Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) (78226 Views)

UK Police Arrest 64 People For Protesting Against Coronation Of King Charles III / Coronation Of King Charles III In Pictures / The Coronation Of Queen Elizabeth II In 1953 (throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by ImperialYoruba: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2022
Jokerman:
Isn't thus the Stone King Arthur drew out his sword from folklore?
Yes, from where he drew out the sword of destiny.

1 Like

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by SmartyPants(m): 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
otomatic:
So we can now see that no matter the education, civilization, woke-ness, etc, oyingbo people still do not neglect their ancient (pagan, if you will) practices.
Instead they just weave a narrative to make it more intriguing and Interesting.
One can only but wonder the things that are done away from public view.
No wonder English movies are always about sorcery and the likes.

If na my people now, the people who embraced foreign religions would have been castigating and telling us how devilish the stone is.

There s nothing pagan about it.
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by IamPlato(m): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
SMGGroup:
This looks traditional to me.

And this got me asking; Why will our people place white wedding over traditional and cultural wedding? Mental slavery if you ask me
it is traditional oga... Wait what do you even know is the meaning of tradition.

You don dey reason rubbish to talk

1 Like

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by okolikoemmanuel: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
sadi miss the queen

1 Like

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by OMBIIGA: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
I just hope that stone is not stolen before the coronation.
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by mysticwarrior(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
What is the spiritual significance of the stone?
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by omoeast(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
This is one of the best piece of history…The stone is the same stone Jacob in the bible lay his head and had a dream about a ladder that leads to heaven…This stone makes the British king, king of kings on earth…No one else can sit on it except and English king…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
If its Africa, it becomes adulatory.

Explorers:
The historic Stone of Destiny is to be moved from Edinburgh Castle for the Coronation of King Charles.

An integral part of the royal ceremony, the stone is a symbol of monarchy both north and south of the border.

Now held in the Crown Room of the castle, the red sandstone weighing 152kg, which is also known as the Stone of Scone will be transported by a team of experts once the date of the Coronation is known.

Historic Environment Scotland (HES), which manages the castle, will arrange for it to be taken to Westminster Abbey.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11200587/Stone-Destiny-transported-Edinburgh-Castle-London-Charless-coronation.html?ito=social-facebook

3 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Otiwaikuku: 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2022
Explorers:
The historic Stone of Destiny is to be moved from Edinburgh Castle for the Coronation of King Charles.

An integral part of the royal ceremony, the stone is a symbol of monarchy both north and south of the border.

Now held in the Crown Room of the castle, the red sandstone weighing 152kg, which is also known as the Stone of Scone will be transported by a team of experts once the date of the Coronation is known.

Historic Environment Scotland (HES), which manages the castle, will arrange for it to be taken to Westminster Abbey.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11200587/Stone-Destiny-transported-Edinburgh-Castle-London-Charless-coronation.html?ito=social-facebook

Chai!
Oyibo really finished us.They made sure our monarchical system of govt was rubished but they still held tight to their own.
If it's in Africa now,many will say it's daibolical.We Africans and blacks needs to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery.

6 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
You that know why don't you explain. If such tradition exists is in Nigeria, it would long have been termed evil and destroyed

IamPlato:
it is traditional oga... Wait what do you even know is the meaning of tradition.

You don dey reason rubbish to talk

6 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by yom2(m): 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
I miss the Queen.. smiley
Hey everyone..this is not from Africa..so don't wail on here as usual..
Cos I know some wailers will always blame the Brits for their confusion and misfortune.. grin
na their own orisa and calabash be that

3 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Honestfrend: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
If na Nigeria some urchins wil start ranting that we re still living in stone age..

But as na white.. Na carry on.

5 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Broveens42(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2022
seunmind44:
it was given to them by the Stone Age man, who married the first daughter of the queen

You see...
Who knows if they take an oath of office on that Stone to develop their country...

A suggestion was made for our politicians to use tranditional means for swearing in ceremony, they all said No grin

6 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by babamoha(m): 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
And they told us not to worship imagine has God
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Broveens42(m): 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Otiwaikuku:

Chai!
Oyibo really finished us.They made sure our monarchical system of govt was rubished but they still held tight to their own.
If it's in Africa now,many will say it's daibolical.We Africans and blacks needs to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery.

grin
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by alizma: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
Fela will say, if they are not doing it, how come they know or create a name for those things even before they came to us? Oyibo people and rituals are 5&6.

6 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by jaxxy(m): 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
anonimi:

What about the Japanese, Chinese, Indians, Koreans, Russians etc who don't write in English?
Do you know what civilisation means truly, or you are just following oyinbo dictates anyhow
Should you not be working with other Africans to develop alphabets for your own language and have your history written by you to be taught to your offsprings eternally as the whites and Asians do?

So in this Morden era u are just thinking of having ur own alphabet?? That's serious behind the curve. Accept ur historic failure and forge ahead, nobody is going backwards to that constructing their own alphabet or language if u don't already have ur indigenous alphabet and language better adopt the universal ones and move on cos u can't catch up with civilization.

Japan, China are only civilised to the extent they evolve which they have thanks to Western influences.

Ancient civilization is constantly changing and improving, China and many have caught up with it maintaining their identity.

modern Civilization dictates the pace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by bjdon: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
oz4real83:
This stone belongs to their ancestors and any king\queen that sits on the stone during inauguration is assumed to have taken over the powers of the ancestors or forebears, this people with their deception cheesy grin, this is a traditional\pagan practice, they want to try and hide the real reason for the action. Don't mind the language they have been employing to disguise all they have been doing since the queen passed on, I have compared some of their actions with what happens when a Benin Oba passes on and I have seen a lot of similarities just that the Binis and other African people are bold enough to call them by their actual names while this "oyibo people" disguise theirs cheesy cheesy grin

Well done! I hope you can all see that Oyibo have their own tradditions. They came to Africa and made you throw away the traditions of your ancestors. Today many Africans think all their traditions are 'demonic' and 'Cultish'. Nonsense! We need to go back to our traditions and religions and stop fighting over all these imported religions.

5 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by RosyIsBlessed: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
The stone might have a deeper significance that people don't know about except them.

6 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Cos I know some wailers will always blame the Brits for their confusion and misfortune.. grin
tell that to @UJU lolz
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by VenumX: 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2022
Something fishy about that stone.

3 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
louder please

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Broveens42(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
omoeast:
This is one of the best piece of history…The stone is the same stone Jacob in the bible lay his head and had a dream about a ladder that leads to heaven…This stone makes the British king, king of kings on earth…No one else can sit on it except and English king…

come out of gullibility of that Jacob trash..
Lol. Any tribe can claim to have their original stone.. ; the Ethiopians, south Africans, eastern Nigeria, Rome, Congo etc
It's even presumed the world power, America has the original but don't make noise about it
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by powerhouse3(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Interesting..

When my grand father ascend the throne of Ewet ,.the popular Ewet housing in Akwa ibom state ,..a stone was sent to him all they way from Efik land,..then we were all together before the divide the state ...

And it's was said that when the stone was sent to my grandfather that it's only touch uraun soil in the whole of Akwa ibom before they brought it to my grandfather..

And all male lineage of our were mandated to go through the rite(initiation)and sit on the stone which I also partake when I was a kid...

And we call it itiad Ekpe...

12 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by 1x2x3: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nsonaso:
Just wondering why nobody don type, backwardness.

If na Nigeria now, gullible people will be typing Africans with backwardness.

Mental Slavery. These whites did lots with colonization that many Africans still see their rich tradition as evil.

1 Like

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by twilliamx(m): 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
Oyinbo juju

2 Likes

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Basiljoe: 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Ape. Rest. Nobody cares about you.

1 Like

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Chaos14: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
VenumX:
Something fishy about that stone.
You still alive tought you killed yourself
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by AngelicBeing: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
sad

1 Like

Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by VenumX: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
Chaos14:
You still alive tought you killed yourself

F**l. Your plan failed woefully. Failure for life.
Re: Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) by Broveens42(m): 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
RosyIsBlessed:
The stone might have a deeper significance that people don't know about except them.

See eeh. You may be overthinking ...

The stone may be responsible for the development of their country through which a set of targets are outlined in a scroll for the monarch to achieve within his reign... This could be in the areas of technology, research, medicine etc..

This is same strategy we hoped our politicians would use(traditional oath) during the swearing in ceremony, but they all embraced printed copies of the good book grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2000-Year-Old Coffin Made Of Stone Discovered In Egypt, See Reactions (Photos) / "Photos Of Luxury Vehicles Acquired By Jammeh In His Final Days" / Irish Twitter Jubilate Over The Death Of Queen Elizabeth II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.