Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS (4144 Views)

Lagos To Build New Port In Badagry / Ikpeazu Hints On Dry Port In Abia, States Reason For Dropping Airport Project / $1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Sea port are exclusive rights and control of the president and his federal government ...if sea port is not working it's his fault simple
Well, the Lekki Deep Seaport is about to start operation.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Edopesin: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lol who runs and operates it ? Only NPA has authority to operate any sea port oga

States can build airports but only faan can run them

What do u even know sorry

You only argue for argument sake

The port is built and currently owned and operated by the Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited. They will continue to own and operate the port through out the concession period. The FGN is only a stake holder until the end of this period

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Kingspin(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
You can do a campaign without tribalism
Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Kingspin(m): 6:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
You can do a campaign without tribalism ?
Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Christistruth00: 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
KnowAll:
Are we Yoruba’s happy with d congestion in Lagos. It makes more sense to move d ports to other parts of Nigeria.

In d 50’s Sapele port was used to export timber & palm oil.

We later had Port Harcourt & Warri port which has been moribund because everything comes through Lagos.

In fact I am not a fan of that port they are building in Lekki without a corresponding road to move d goods out of d port quickly.

We need other parts of Nigeria working & delivery their goods & wares all over Nigeria.

Onne Sea Port in Port Harcourt is fully Funtioning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmxpwSsGvqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ9T_k2qh04

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by tamdun: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lol who runs and operates it ? Only NPA has authority to operate any sea port oga

States can build airports but only faan can run them

What do u even know sorry
Still doesn't change the fact that fed govt gets 5% while Lagos get 20%, approval was given to other states too, instead of u to blame the state governors, u decide to transfer the blame to Lagos, do u expect Lagos govt to build or find investors for them?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by KnowAll(m): 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
Parachoko:
Can you first list out the part of the South East that share boarders with the sea?

The problem with shallow people like you is that you don't make research, so you will keep on displaying your ignorance for the world to see.

It will be so hard for this country to move forward with lots of shallow people like this OP on this country.

There are estuaries in Abia & IMO states less than 70 km from d sea. IMO State actually wanted to build a port. The IMO river is navigable all year round.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
KnowAll:

There are estuaries in Abia & IMO states less than 70 km from d sea. IMO State actually wanted to build a port. The IMO river is navigable all year round.
Good! Write to the Governor to search for investors or the State Government can even embark on the project, they just need to get the go ahead from the FG.

If you have the money, you can also start applying, make ships start sailing to the Imo River.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2022
Edopesin:

You only argue for argument sake

The port is built and currently owned and operated by the Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited. They will continue to own and operate the port through out the concession period. The FGN is only a stake holder until the end of this period
I doubt he knows the FG only have a 5% stake in the project.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by KnowAll(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2022
Parachoko:
You're the most foolish and dumbest person I have come across Nairaland today.

The stupid OP is asking a very foolish question, you dey here dey disturb me with another foolish,dumb and daft talk angry

I won't be educating a pig like you, if you can't make a little research, it is the problem of your life, so you can hang yourself and die. You're so foolish I have no explanation for you.

Una go sit for the comfort of your home, you won't make research or ask questions even though una phone fit access the internet, una go dey bore people online with your foolish and IQ reducing talk.

Without any research, you have made a conclusion the Lagos State Government is not building a road. Dam, how can some of you be this retardede angry

Is it the two lane road in Lekki that would move out cargo from Lekki. Have they build a Trailer Park capital No. They want to turn Lekki to Apapa “ a no go area”
Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
KnowAll:

Is the two lane road in Lekki that would move out cargo from Lekki. Have they build a Trailer Park capital No. They want to turn Lekki to Apapa “ a no go area”
https://dailytrust.com/lekki-deep-seaport-to-get-6-lane-road-sanwo-olu

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Edopesin: 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2022
Parachoko:
I doubt he knows the FG only have a 5% stake in the project.

He doesn't want to know, I don't know wether he gets a hard-on from arguing blindly

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2022
overall90:

See fool calling others fool.
Me I am an Eskimo from Greenland.
Ijaw man indeed
I can smell your ewedu stench from afar.
Is only fools like you who can pretend that they don't know the politics behind how the ports were rendered moribund in the first place.Everybody saw how you guys went beserk when Enugu airport was upgraded to start receiving international flights.
You can only decieve fools like you and not me.
Who is this lowlife?

What are you saying? I don't understand what you're crying about.

If you like,come from Antarctica, what's my business with a lowlife like you? I don't give a dam about a pig

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by KnowAll(m): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2022
overall90:

See fool calling others fool.
Me I am an Eskimo from Greenland.
Ijaw man indeed
I can smell your ewedu stench from afar.
Is only fools like you who can pretend that they don't know the politics behind how the ports were rendered moribund in the first place.Everybody saw how you guys went beserk when Enugu airport was upgraded to start receiving international flights.
You can only decieve fools like you and not me.

U ijaws turn Apapa to d slum it is by supporting building ports without attending to other effects like trailer parks and so on.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by KnowAll(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Parachoko:
https://dailytrust.com/lekki-deep-seaport-to-get-6-lane-road-sanwo-olu

Mr man d world has moved beyond 6 lanes. Minimum number of lanes for such operations should be 10 lanes. And d 6 lane self na wash. They never build am!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Nwaetche(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Mr. Parachoko,

I would like to start by stating that you are certainly not an Ijaw man neither are you from anywhere in the Niger Delta. I have come to this conclusion based on reading your responses to the correctly balanced submission of the Op on the imperative of building or upgrading the existing "Eastern ports" in Rivers and Delta States.

For a starter, building of world class Ports in PHC and other southern cities like Bonny, Brass, Greater Eket Area, supported by medium ports in Gelegele, Warri would help decongest Lagos, improve Nigeria and South South states revenue base with the attendant massive employment.

Ports operations in Singapore, Dubai and else generates more revenue when compares with revenue from our Oil and gas exports.
As a Yoruba, you should support an idea that would decongest Lagos and improve the logistics and efficiency of the existing ports over there. It also has the tendency of even generating more income for Lagos and adjoining Yoruba states.

What’s happening now is more of ineptitude and relative loss of income to the country due to a political misjudgement and primitive bias by the government at the centre.

Building of World class ports are usually not left to a state government. It is usually a central government heavy lift as enormous resources both technical and financial are needed to accomplish such tasks. Why do you think that Akwa Ibom State is struggling till date? The Lekki deep port you are talking about has substantial Federal government
nt support. It is on record that Ameachi as Minister was consistently visiting the Lekki facility to ensure that things are moving at the required speed.

Peter Obi mentioned about turning the PHC port as a trans-shipment port to serve as a hub to other countries and smaller ports in Nigeria. That initiative should be encourage by all especially someone that claims to be Ijaw.

What are you even saying? Do you know the cost of shipping a container from China to PHC is very high compared to shipping same container to Lagos? What about the issue of security, technical and other bottlenecks which the federal government are not serious in resolving? Do you think that profit conscious Igbo traders at Onitsha would be using Lagos Port if the NPA Eastern (South South) ports are operational and viable?
Please there are certain things we should not play politics with and the issue of a viable port in the Niger Delta is one of them. Our people need good paying jobs and the building of modern ports or upgrading the existing ones would go a long way in giving our already emasculated folks a good lease of life from the current hopelessness.

I expect you to be at the fore front in supporting this instead of casting aspersion if truly you are Ijaw as you claimed. if not for anything, the Ijaw Ethnic nationality would be a major beneficiary if this lofty idea comes to fruition.

I refer you to the below links. One unfortunately was from your previous thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7326933/why-vessels-prefer-lagos-eastern

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/why-eastern-delta-ports-are-not-utilised-by-importers-industry-chieftains/

Parachoko:
I am a Proud Ijaw Man from Rivers State, living and working in Lagos State .

A lot of you fools are shallow like the OP.

Before 2020, the FG gave the go ahead for 3 ports to be constructed in Nigeria with locations in Lekki, Bonny and Warri.

The Lagos State Government search for investors that invested in Lekki and built the Lekki Deep Seaport, but shallow individuals like you still expect the Lagos State Government to get investors who will build the Warri and Bonny seaports? Are you guys this intentionally foolish and retarded or what

The FG gave Akwa Ibom State Government the go ahead to build a port since 2020

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/gov-emmanuel-secures-final-approval-for-ibom-deep-seaport/

Till today, nothing has been done about the port. The Lagos State Government has gotten investors who will construct a Deepsea port in Badagry again, but fools and lowlifes like you feel your problem is Yorubas... What a joke grin

You fools deserve to be killed for been this foolish

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by DOTian: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
mrvitalis:

Sea port are exclusive rights and control of the president and his federal government ...if sea port is not working it's his fault simple
Fact!

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by oyatz(m): 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
PresidObi:

You that did some research, what's the statistics of imports among Nigerian ports? If I talk again now, they will release a video of a single container offloading Julius Berger equipment.

Why do you think ports is solely for imports?

Who stopped the export of Timber and Palm oil from Sapele Ports as written by the OP?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by PresidObi: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
oyatz:

Why do you think ports is solely for imports?

Who stopped the export of Timber and Palm oil from Sapele Ports as written by the OP?

Are you saying that ports are solely for exports?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
KnowAll:

Mr man d world has moved beyond 6 lanes. Minimum number of lanes for such operations should be 10 lanes. And d 6 lane self na wash. They never build am!!!
I knew you just want to be crying grin

Well, keep on wailing online.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by KnowAll(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
Parachoko:
I knew you just want to be crying grin

Well, keep on wailing online.

No be 6 lanes dey Apapa. Once one of d lanes is blocked it becomes 4 lanes. In fact we don’t need any port in Lagos if they can’t build 10 lane roads to evercuate d goods.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by oyatz(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
overall90:

He mentioned Sapele,Warri and Port Harcourt which you conveniently ignored and started asking stupid questions and start calling him names.
Are those ports working?
Between you and him,who is shallow.
To you moving the country forward is when everything is concentrated in your region while others should suffer.
Even the north that are no where near the sea,they have built dry ports for them.
You can only decieve yourself with your veiled tribalism masquerading as patriotism.

Why venting your anger on the wrong people?

1) The FG is in charge of ports in Nigeria. However, the laws has been ammended so that other stakeholders can establish Seaports while the roles of the FG is restricted to regulations.

2) The ports in Lagos are under the control and management of the FG ,not the Yorubas.

3) ExPresident Jonathan would have addressed the situations if there is any law/policy that are responsible for the under utilization of ports in Delta, Cross-River and Rivers States

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by KnowAll(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2022
Apapa -Oshodi expressway is 6 lane yet everywhere is still chuck are block.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nwaetche:

Mr. Parachoko,

I would like to start by stating that you are certainly not an Ijaw man neither are you from anywhere in the Niger Delta. I have come to this conclusion based on reading your responses to the correctly balanced submission of the Op on the imperative of building or upgrading the existing "Eastern ports" in Rivers and Delta States.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/why-eastern-delta-ports-are-not-utilised-by-importers-industry-chieftains/

The Lekki Deepsea port is a private project, the FG no drop ₦1 for the project.

There has been a plan for a deepsea port in Lekki before Buhari even became the president, the only reason it was not built is because, the FG under the PDP didn't give the go ahead.

The FG has giving the go ahead for ports to be built in Rivers, Delta and Akwa Ibom, I made this so clear. In fact, Buhari gave the go ahead for 3 ports to be built in Lekki, Bonny and Warri. It was not Amechi or the FG that got investors that invested in the deepsea port but the Lagos State Government.

But because I am not crying about the port in Lekki, that means am not an Ijaw man? grin
Where do some of you inherit this una foolishness from?

Jonathan is not an Ijaw man for not building any ports in the South South. I hope you won't disagree with this my opinion on Jonathan.

The Lagos State Government stake in the port is 20% while that of the FG is 5%

Is also the Lagos State Government that got investors who are willing to invest in the Badagry Port.

I am not so foolish as some of you who just love wailing unnecessary about everything.

Jonathan is not an ijaw man for not constructing a seaport in Bayelsa

Make I start to dey go low to una level

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Fortruth: 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2022
KnowAll:
Are we Yoruba’s happy with d congestion in Lagos. It makes more sense to move d ports to other parts of Nigeria.

In d 50’s Sapele port was used to export timber & palm oil.

We later had Port Harcourt & Warri port which has been moribund because everything comes through Lagos.

In fact I am not a fan of that port they are building in Lekki without a corresponding road to move d goods out of d port quickly.

We need other parts of Nigeria working & delivery their goods & wares all over Nigeria.

That’s because as an Easterner/Mid westerner, your forefathers challenged the British too much, more than other Blacks, and as a result you are contained and not allowed to be economically, socially, or politically strong……

AND, no offense to lovely Yoruba, but Lagos is not helping matters….s your people there are really psychologically homeless like Joe IGBOKWE
Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by oyatz(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nwaetche:

Mr. Parachoko,

For a starter, building of world class Ports in PHC and other southern cities like Bonny, Brass, Greater Eket Area, supported by medium ports in Gelegele, Warri would help decongest Lagos, improve Nigeria and South South states revenue base with the attendant massive employment.

Ports operations in Singapore, Dubai and else generates more revenue when compares with revenue from our Oil and gas exports.
As a Yoruba, you should support an idea that would decongest Lagos and improve the logistics and efficiency of the existing ports over there. It also has the tendency of even generating more income for Lagos and adjoining Yoruba states.

What’s happening now is more of ineptitude and relative loss of income to the country due to a political misjudgement and primitive bias by the government at the centre.

Building of World class ports are usually not left to a state government. It is usually a central government heavy lift as enormous resources both technical and financial are needed to accomplish such tasks. Why do you think that Akwa Ibom State is struggling till date? The Lekki deep port you are talking about has substantial Federal government
nt support. It is on record that Ameachi as Minister was consistently visiting the Lekki facility to ensure that things are moving at the required speed.

Peter Obi mentioned about turning the PHC port as a trans-shipment port to serve as a hub to other countries and smaller ports in Nigeria. That initiative should be encourage by all especially someone that claims to be Ijaw.

What are you even saying? Do you know the cost of shipping a container from China to PHC is very high compared to shipping same container to Lagos? What about the issue of security, technical and other bottlenecks which the federal government are not serious in resolving? Do you think that profit conscious Igbo traders at Onitsha would be using Lagos Port if the NPA Eastern (South South) ports are operational and viable?
Please there are certain things we should not play politics with and the issue of a viable port in the Niger Delta is one of them. Our people need good paying jobs and the building of modern ports or upgrading the existing ones would go a long way in giving our already emasculated folks a good lease of life from the current hopelessness.

I expect you to be at the fore front in supporting this instead of casting aspersion if truly you are Ijaw as you claimed. if not for anything, the Ijaw Ethnic nationality would be a major beneficiary if this lofty idea comes to fruition.

I refer you to the below links. One unfortunately was from your previous thread.

The Lekki Deepsea port is being built by LASG and Private Investors while FG through NPA have 5% shares.

What is wrong with the Akwa-Ibom State using the same model for the Ibaka Deep Sea Port instead of allocating money yearly for it that will eventually be embezzled by politicians since 2010?

The era of FG running Business is over. The Government has done badly in Business and the experience from NITEL, Railways, ,NEPA, Nigeria National Shipping Line or Nigeria Airways are glaring evidence of this fact.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nwaetche:

Mr. Parachoko,

Can you show me where in my post I was against the siting of ports in the South South?
Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
Just because I am calling out the OP for the Hypocrite he is, that means am not an Ijaw man grin

I hope Nwaetche will show me were in my post I was against the construction of seaports in the South South.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nwaetche, I'm waiting for you to tell me where in my post I was against the construction of a seaport in the South South

I won't be shock if I hear say nah Yoruba stop Jonathan from constructing a seaport in Bayelsa.

A Fulani man has giving the people of the South South a chance to have three new seaports. One in Warri, One in Bonny and One in Akwa Ibom, nobody is asking the Delta State Government, Rivers State Government and Akwa Ibom State Government why nothing is been done about the Seaports, but you want me to be bashing the Lagos State Government... Clowns everywhere grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by AyakaDunukofia: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2022
Parachoko:
Can you first list out the part of the South East that share boarders with the sea?

The problem with shallow people like you is that you don't make research, so you will keep on displaying your ignorance for the world to see.

It will be so hard for this country to move forward with lots of shallow people like this OP on this country.

Mr Know-it-all, the Port Harcourt sea port is over 55 kilometers removed from the sea, built on Bonny River. Warri Port is over 60 km removed from the sea, built on Warri River. So is Calabar port on a river.

The Port of New Orleans, USA is over 700 kilometers from the gulf of Mexico. The 4th biggest sea port in the USA

So, if there is the will by the federal government of Nigeria to site a port for sea-going vessels at Baro in Niger state, which is about 570 km from the sea, she can easily do it.

Then, let alone SE whose nearest distance to the sea is 25 nautical miles from Abia state and 50 nautical miles from Ogwuikpele in Anambra.

It will be difficult for Nigeria to progress if people refuses to acknowledge facts that may not favour their preconceived notions. It doesn't have to physically border a sea to have a port that can receive ocean-going vessels. What matters is a river with sea route.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS by Parachoko: 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
AyakaDunukofia:

Mr Know-it-all, the Port Harcourt sea port is over 55 kilometers removed from the sea, built on Bonny River. Warri Port is over 60 km removed from the sea, built on Warri River. So is Calabar port on a river.

The Port of New Orleans, USA is over 700 kilometers from the gulf of Mexico. The 4th biggest sea port in the USA

So, if there is the will by the federal government of Nigeria to site a port for sea-going vessels at Baro in Niger state, which is about 570 km from the sea, she can easily do it.

Then, let alone SE whose nearest distance to the sea is 25 nautical miles from Abia state and 50 nautical miles from Ogwuikpele in Anambra.

It will be difficult for Nigeria to progress if people refuses to acknowledge facts that may not favour their preconceived notions. It doesn't have to physically border a sea to have a port that can receive ocean-going vessels.

Who is stopping your State Governors from getting who will invest in the project?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fact Checking The Numbers: CBN's Announcement of $1.5B Foreign Exchange Inflow / Muhammad Lawal (Ex Governor Of Kwara State) Is Dead / Nigeria Cabinet Told To Rule On Sick President Yar'adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.