Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (25531 Views)

Crack In APC Leadership Over Muslim-muslim Ticket - The Sun / Tinubu Visits Pastor Adeboye Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / 'You Are Liars' - Dan Fulani To Clerics Who Predicted Buhari’s Failure In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Bobloco: 4:46am On Sep 13, 2022
The Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has apologised to Christian clerics over the Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress.

He also appealed to them to help talk to their followers about the need to forgive and give the party a chance.

This was contained in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Richard Olatunde, on Monday

According to the statement, the Chairman of the Southern Governors’ Forum spoke on Sunday at the 40th Holy Ghost Convention Dinner of The Sword of the Spirit Ministries held at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.

The governor hinged his call for understanding on the need for power to return to the southern part of the country after eight years in the northern part.

He said, “I understand our feelings because I am one of you. I am a Christian. All of us here are worried. What will be our gain, and that, why is my party, the APC, throwing up a Muslim-Muslim ticket?

“It has been a real issue for all of us; even members of the party. We have debated it, fought it and done so many things about it. I have always said to people, that my fight was for a Southern President. Now it has come to the South-West, will I now throw the baby away with the bathwater? Can I, in all honesty, do it? Should I, in all honesty, do it?

“We call it a matter of coincidence. It is a matter of conscience. All of us are here, why don’t we look at it from one angle? The buck stops on the table of the President. Do we have a capable hand who can manage the affairs if given the opportunity? Do you have a man who is bold enough to challenge incursions into our land? That is it.

“All of us here have lived together for years, and we didn’t allow religion to cause a fight among us. We have Muslims in our families and there is no fight. We have many leaders in Yoruba land who have both Muslims and Christians in their families and there is no fight.

“So, we want to appeal to our people that this is our time. I want to appeal to all our senior pastors and general overseers to help talk to their followers. We politicians can only do little. This is our time, please don’t be angry.”

https://punchng.com/akeredolu-apologises-to-clerics-over-muslim-muslim-ticket/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 4:48am On Sep 13, 2022
Hm hm

Okay oh
Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Deltafirstson(m): 5:04am On Sep 13, 2022
that my fight was for a Southern President. Now it has come to the South-West, will I now throw the baby away with the bathwater? Can I, in all honesty, do it? Should I, in all honesty, do it?

See how greedy South West people are.

384 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by sleek214(m): 5:06am On Sep 13, 2022
Clowns

199 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by searchng4love: 5:24am On Sep 13, 2022
Deltafirstson:
that my fight was for a Southern President. Now it has come to the South-West, will I now throw the baby away with the bathwater? Can I, in all honesty, do it? Should I, in all honesty, do it?

Greed lives in the southeast

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Enkidu70: 5:28am On Sep 13, 2022
Bobloco:

The Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has apologised to Christian clerics over the Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress.

He also appealed to them to help talk to their followers about the need to forgive and give the party a chance.

This was contained in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Richard Olatunde, on Monday

According to the statement, the Chairman of the Southern Governors’ Forum spoke on Sunday at the 40th Holy Ghost Convention Dinner of The Sword of the Spirit Ministries held at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.

The governor hinged his call for understanding on the need for power to return to the southern part of the country after eight years in the northern part.

He said, “I understand our feelings because I am one of you. I am a Christian. All of us here are worried. What will be our gain, and that, why is my party, the APC, throwing up a Muslim-Muslim ticket?

“It has been a real issue for all of us; even members of the party. We have debated it, fought it and done so many things about it. I have always said to people, that my fight was for a Southern President. Now it has come to the South-West, will I now throw the baby away with the bathwater? Can I, in all honesty, do it? Should I, in all honesty, do it?

“We call it a matter of coincidence. It is a matter of conscience. All of us are here, why don’t we look at it from one angle? The buck stops on the table of the President. Do we have a capable hand who can manage the affairs if given the opportunity? Do you have a man who is bold enough to challenge incursions into our land? That is it.

“All of us here have lived together for years, and we didn’t allow religion to cause a fight among us. We have Muslims in our families and there is no fight. We have many leaders in Yoruba land who have both Muslims and Christians in their families and there is no fight.

“So, we want to appeal to our people that this is our time. I want to appeal to all our senior pastors and general overseers to help talk to their followers. We politicians can only do little. This is our time, please don’t be angry.”

https://punchng.com/akeredolu-apologises-to-clerics-over-muslim-muslim-ticket/

This same rat-whiskered thieving idiot under whose watch 50 Christians were gunned down in a church, in cold blood.

He is the least-qualified person to make such a baseless appeal, but selfishness and greed will not allow him to know what is proper and what is not.

255 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Karemarealty288(m): 5:33am On Sep 13, 2022
Deltafirstson:

Don't mind them...because it has come to south west so Muslim/Muslim should be tolerated. If Christianity goes into extinction today in Nigeria, south west championed it.

268 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Peterobi90: 5:34am On Sep 13, 2022
The deceivers are here again to water down the effect for personal gain. history is being created today, 20,30,50 years from today when the right candidates are discarded because they are not muslims, can we be bold enough to look our children in the face and say "we failed"....... Muslim muslim ticket is beyond politics, it is a litmus test for the survival of christianity at the highest level of power in Nigeria.

Can we say in all honesty, we were sold for a plate of porridge, that we were sold for an 87 year old man to fulfill his life ambition.. that decision is being taken today.

243 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Moferere: 5:36am On Sep 13, 2022
Akeredolu should first go & pay outstanding salaries

252 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Tenses: 5:37am On Sep 13, 2022
They should direct their begging to God for it is him that instructed the TRUE MEN of GOD to dissociate themselves from that satanic ticket.

Their pleading still dey do pressup wait make campaign start proper.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by WibusJaga: 5:37am On Sep 13, 2022

Beyond the serious blunder of M-M ticket, the sick old bat is far past his prime & simply not fit to shoulder the myriad problems of this country.

Here is a bat...
-that is suffering from Parkinsonism & Amnesia.
-that can not hold the mic for 30mins & speak coherently on issues affecting the country.
-that has controversial personality & genealogy.
Infact if they had implemented secret balloting in the primaries & eliminated bribery/buying of delegates, he would NEVER have emerged as winner. The primaries eventually became for the highest bidder with deepest pockets to dish out enough dollars to delegates.

Just too many controversies on the bat's head to to merit occupying the exalted office of the president of FRN.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by michlins(m): 5:38am On Sep 13, 2022
My heart goes out for Northern Christians. By virtue of this ticket,it means you guys can not amount to anything politically in Nigeria

112 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Oddfinder001: 5:41am On Sep 13, 2022
The wailing and gnashing of teeth never even start sef. Mumu people without balls...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Mindlog: 5:47am On Sep 13, 2022
"that my fight was for a Southern President. Now it has come to the South-West, will I now throw the baby away with the bathwater? Can I, in all honesty, do it? Should I, in all honesty, do it".........What will he use to plead with the South-southerners and South-easterners?

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by akinmusi(m): 5:54am On Sep 13, 2022
You must use your brain before they help you use your own brain against you.

Well Those interested in real estate and earning commissions as side hustle from sales of Real Estate and Car deals can get in touch with me.

NB: you must have test for online intensive marketing and I will also give you tips.

Check my signature.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Tochi3(m): 5:55am On Sep 13, 2022
Akeredolu is a Green snake in a Green Grass.

What men can do because of politics.. He fully understands the implication of the devilish Muslim Muslim Ticket but Still goes ahead to force his own people who have been terrorized continously by the evil APCshit...

Just imagine a SAN who should know better. You want to give your people Tinubu on the bases of a Muslimm mislim ticket to further subjugate your people beccause it is emilokan..

If I may ask what is the outcome of the Owo massacre Mr SAN...

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Aboks(m): 6:04am On Sep 13, 2022
Old fools

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by drmuchin: 6:15am On Sep 13, 2022
Apology is DOA

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Honjoshy4u: 6:19am On Sep 13, 2022
But you were part of those that advised the agbado man. You guys will live with the consequences of that evil muslim-muslim devilish ticket.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by SWATMan: 6:34am On Sep 13, 2022
Karemarealty288:

Don't mind them...because it has come to south west so Muslim/Muslim should be tolerated. If Christianity goes into extinction today in Nigeria, south west championed it.

The Yorubas have always being making wrong political choices. If we listen to this foolish plea Christianity would be wiped out forever.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by everythinggirly(f): 7:04am On Sep 13, 2022
Hmmm.
Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 7:05am On Sep 13, 2022
How I wish Tinubu and hired surpporters will continue to underrate the Obidient movement until it will be too late.

161 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by SlavaUkraini: 7:06am On Sep 13, 2022
Una go Apologize tire

Nigerians have made up their minds to vote out this wicked APC Party from the Corridors of Power at all levels of government..

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 7:07am On Sep 13, 2022
searchng4love:

Greed lives in the southeast
We Yoruba Christians will vote Peter Obi since Tinubu is on Muslim Muslim ticket, when MUMURIC told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christian's Tinubu supported MURIC on that, so we Yoruba Christian's are not fools to vote muslim-terrorist ticket. You can't Islamise us again.

181 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Lonestar124: 7:11am On Sep 13, 2022
On a serious note, if not for this Muslim and Muslim of a thing, I gladly vote for tinubu...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by mrvitalis(m): 7:16am On Sep 13, 2022
Deltafirstson:

No body would come tomorrow and say " we are sophisticated " anymore that lie is gone

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Kingozymandias(m): 7:23am On Sep 13, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 13, 2022
Na so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Rescues Man Whose Car Was On Fire In Lagos This Morning / What Exactly Are We Restructuring? - Dele Momodu / We Will Resist Plan To Oust Buhari Over Ill-Health - Arewa Youths Threaten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.