Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? (27714 Views)

I Want To Travel Abroad, What Is The First Thing I Must Do???. / Things To Look For When Booking A Nigerian Hotel / What Is That One Thing You Hate The Most On Nigerian Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Peskid147: 10:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
neonly:

Really u dey go market thought u do online market
na u give am moni
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Tradepunter2: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
Rubbish.... Always look out how secured the place is first..

Multiple routes, daily leg traffic, night leg traffic.... How communal is the place...

The type of people residing in the area And many other things

1 Like

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by toloohthegreat: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
You must be a young guy. At most, twenty...five. otherwise this your thinking line is quite myopic and/or juvenile.

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Nearness to a bar for my bottles when watching a football match
Nearness to where I can easily buy loud
Nearness to a field where niggarrs for dey play ball especially on Saturdays
Nearness to a betting shop...for everyday day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

Sometimes food nor dey give man joy but Canadian loud the feeling is different

2 Likes

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by okoroemeka(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
xpressionx:
Where I can take a walk in the evenings
do people still take evening walk in Nigeria now,maybe you are living in banana island or lekki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Belteshazzar1:
To check if there's a witch in the neighbor-hood
ogbeni....u must be from Edo state oo grin
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by imagrg(m): 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Good road.
POS shop
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by kingobozy: 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
Sport centre with a good basketball court and a cozy spot to relax in the evenings.

2 Likes

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by illicit(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
I like to walk most evenings
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Thanos805: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
Barbershop
Market
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Damibiz(m): 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Always check to see if my compound get fine fine girls

3 Likes

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by fotadmowmend(m): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
Landlord's busty daughter
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by samfrancis1(m): 11:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
marlow1962:
Nice safe place to chill/stroll at night.
A supermarket
Main market ( no be onitcha o)
Gas station
And lastly where I can get a good loud plug( I no dy smoke grass, igbo na grass)
Actually it’s Vegetable.. people weh no know am na am tag and weed.. no deh high but e good for body.. specially when eaten raw or use to prepare good soup

1 Like

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by jubrilELsudan: 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
KUKUNASE

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2022
Water and light.
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Invitationn: 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hidewell:
We all have what we look at for when we relocate to a new environment.

Mine is an eatry grin.

What of yours?

Money
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Freethinker87: 11:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
inspirator1:
Exit routes...If not upto two, I won't reside.

You be cultist? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
inspirator1:
Exit routes...If not upto two, I won't reside.

You said my mind. First thing I look out for is shortcuts, appian ways, and where they lead to. Then, get sure Hausa bikemen (They know where to get anything in the environment, whether foodstuffs, girls, weed, e.t.c. and will light your path)
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Freethinker87:

You be cultist? cheesy grin

Not at all. I think that should be your top priority, if you care for your safety in this current Nigeria.

Never enter and exit through same road that leads to your house everyday. We have informants on every junction ranging from the bike guys to store owners.

My junction has a high influx of Hausas as bike man recently, somewhere in the East (since my Intel gave out one of them as a military man but claiming a deserter, I knew what's up). Yes I am paranoid with that, if you can say the least with their presence and Fulanis in our streets and bushes not to talk of high rate of kidnapping around us.

Can go on to reveal much. Ok! just like you rightly observed. If cultist that are always on guard knows this truth, why not you a Lone ranger that the security outfits who should protect you are so busy trying to make ends meat?
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

You said my mind. First thing I look out for is shortcuts, appian ways, and where they lead to. Then, get sure Hausa bikemen (They know where to get anything in the environment, whether foodstuffs, girls, weed, e.t.c. and will light your path)

On the aspect of the bike man. I usually prefer indigenes of my place of assignment. If North-Hausas, if West then Yorubas, just anywhere they indigenes suffices. Reasons are many for me.
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by xetuhc: 12:08am On Sep 17, 2022
Church
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by doctore212(m): 12:13am On Sep 17, 2022
Na olosho house ooo.

Is very important to me.
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Johel(m): 1:08am On Sep 17, 2022
Hidewell:
We all have what we look at for when we relocate to a new environment.

Mine is an eatry grin.

What of yours?

Just inside my apartment.
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Funflipper: 1:41am On Sep 17, 2022
[quote author=Idonweak post=116695943] cry

Normally i find where i can buy weed. It's so unfortunate since i have gotten to ogbomosho i have not seen where i can buy weed. I miss Lagos [/quote

and by the time you finally see, na 99.9% chance say na some dry and flat shit wey dem done store for like 10 years dem go sell to you.
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by madjune(m): 1:58am On Sep 17, 2022
I look out for witchcraft or signs of it because it's marks adheres to crested lore.

Is the house a yard eastwards of a crossroad or is there a looming, canopy tree in its backyard?

Do crickets fell silent at dusk on a moonlit night?

Are there cats scurrying before any rainfall without shadows?

And, that neighbor who doesn't return your greeting unless her palms are crossed a penny...
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by FEGNO: 3:13am On Sep 17, 2022
Nearest Catholic Church

1 Like

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by romunu(m): 4:50am On Sep 17, 2022
If gehs de the area
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by ozoono(m): 5:31am On Sep 17, 2022
A little Field or place to play street football every Saturday. ����
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Abdulmumin412(m): 5:55am On Sep 17, 2022
Mosque
Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by OmoIjebuOde: 6:27am On Sep 17, 2022
Oceanjagaban:
hope say no be virtual o.lol

No o. I don't play virtual. I just book with my phone, enter shop and play. I don't spend more than 5mins .

1 Like

Re: When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For?? by Milli10(m): 6:34am On Sep 17, 2022
I hardly cope in places where there is no at least average power supply and mosquito infested areas. I can't deal with mosquitoes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S Army Helicopter Crashes Killing 5 Soldiers Near San Diego (Photos) / Egypt, Lebanon Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria / There Is No Difference Between Nigeria Air And MMM — Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.