Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries (49698 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / 10 Luxury Buses Impounded, 150 Passengers Arrested In Lagos (pic) / Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Originalsly: 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
lifenija:

its a car. Not milk fool

This is evil, normal country will impound n fine the owner not sell it.

Rubbish

Do you consider the US a normal country? When you see drivers obeying traffic rules and regulations abroad.... do you think it is because they are more responsible than Nigerians? When Nigerian drivers who disobey traffic rules go abroad.... they obey traffic rules... just like everyone else. There is a reason for all of this .... enforcement. Lagos is now catching up .... and should they keep it up ... Lagos drivers will soon be as responsible as drivers in any normal country.
And if you think this was too harsh ... think about this.... not only the fines... but added penalties and fees..... normal stuff in NYC.

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by naijapikin2(m): 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Well, that is draconian, to say the least.

Since he was there during the auctioning, he should have notified the officials so the officials in turn give him a concession such that he will be the one to buy the car. If that happens, he will end up buying his own car even at less than competitive price. The amount he pays for the car now being his fine for whatsoever offence he had committed.

Yes, it happened to a colleague who got his car imported with fake papers and the customs officers impounded the car. His car was subsequently auctioned to him at a very reduced price.

Anyway, no need crying over spilled milk, he should take heart, shiits do happen.
easier said than done, when you're not the one wearing the shoes.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by kingshrd: 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
This same set of people will still go out and vote the same people who are only bent on making them poorer I challenge anyone to tell one country where vehicles are impounded for breaking traffic laws. They won't fix the roads won't educate their officers properly but will impound vehicles what are the requirements to get a driving license did people take a course on obeying traffic laws are the people even been educated on this traffic laws , is a driving test required before a license is issued.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by BigBashiru: 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
aylagos:
Welcome development, let’s us learn to obey traffic rules and registrations. If we must develop as a nation we must be responsible for so many things. Everyone want to Japa to US, Canada or UK �� but we don’t want to obey traffic rules here.

as in eh... they lack self respect....
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by usagee36: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
America doesn't auction cars for traffic violation. You are given a ticket. This is wickedness. Nigeria is a fcked up shitty trashy country. I will never in my life come there again nor my white kids. My passport is long destroyed.
Mubbyleey:
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria giving us Yankee vibes... We can as well say Lagos is the standard for other states to emulate. grin grin
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Celebjay: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
E no go better for anybody way dey support tinubu
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by BigBashiru: 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

That punishment is for vehicles who pa's one-way. A one-way driver is a potential killer. In my opinion, he should be jailed in addition to his vehicle being sold.

Commit any traffic offence, na fine. Pass one way, bye bye to your motor.
Those rules are meant to prevent one-way drivers from killing your kids and family members while they are trying to cross the road.

100 likes. I have always said "one way is attempted murder"
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by ChristineC: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
why punish a citizen this much?
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by eedriyz(m): 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Since he was there during the auctioning, he should have notified the officials so the officials in turn give him a concession such that he will be the one to buy the car. If that happens, he will end up buying his own car even at less than competitive price. The amount he pays for the car now being his fine for whatsoever offence he had committed.

Yes, it happened to a colleague who got his car imported with fake papers and the customs officers impounded the car. His car was subsequently auctioned to him at a very reduced price.

Anyway, no need crying over spilled milk, he should take heart, shiits do happen.

I don't know their terms, but for Nigeria Customs, I don't think you're allowed to bid on your own car.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
kelvinklein219:
Emilokan people no know say APC is all about wickedness, lol continue, after election if God help una na you go cry no be me... Am not in Lagos or Nigeria sha

You are a big fool. In that place where you are a slave, do they pass one-way there?
It is fools like you who bring insults upon blacks.

One-way drivers ought to be shot at sight. That are attempting murder.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Kingozymandias(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Good for him. Emeka leave East come dey do anyhow for Lagos. He think say na the way them dey do for Onitsha and Aba he go come dey do for Lagos.

Rule 15 broken this member is always posting false information on the forum. That driver is clearly an indigenous Muslim.

Seun Mynd4 lalasticlalà mukiŋa2 rocktatioŋ justwisè óam4j nlfpmoɗ
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Alawode01(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Law as taking his course, he should accept the will of God, everything happens for purposes,God has taken coffin away and he will replace it with better one.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
ChristineC:
why punish a citizen this much?

Maybe when someone driving one way kills like 2 of your children, you will understand the danger that one-way drivers pose.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Mrtaye: 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mubbyleey:
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria giving us Yankee vibes... We can as well say Lagos is the standard for other states to emulate. grin grin
The only thing that can justify this action is of all the roads in the books and crannies are well tared,no port holes on the roads and express ways,no unnecessary flood(not flash flood),no security risks on the roads and communites.....if those mentioned above are lacking then the decision to auction peoples vehicle is wicked, draconian,evil and insensitive imagine you can't help citizens by giving grants and accessible loans but you take away their hard earned sweat just because of copy copy, America you are coping has no single pot holes or bad roads or widened bridge joints so that you don't have to drive like James Bond because you are avoiding pothole on the roads and highways..... even shock absorbers are being abused on the roads because everywhere you go na gbaga gbaga how absorber go last
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by enemachris(m): 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
The same people that voted for APC. Thank God that he has seen that he voted for the wrong party.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingshrd:
This same set of people will still go out and vote the same people who are only bent on making them poorer I challenge anyone to tell one country where vehicles are impounded for breaking traffic laws. They won't fix the roads won't educate their officers properly but will impound vehicles what are the requirements to get a driving license did people take a course on obeying traffic laws are the people even been educated on this traffic laws , is a driving test required before a license is issued.

Anyone who drives one-way deserves to be jailed and his vehicle impounded.
One-way drivers have killed several people and they are trying to discourage it.

If you like cry till tomorrow, it won't change a thing. We won't wait until one-way drivers knock down and kill your children before we tackle the menace.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by arantess: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mubbyleey:
Yankee vibes??

Is this how it's done in the Yankee??
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by ChristineC: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

Maybe when someone driving one way kills like 2 of your children, you will understand the danger that one-way drivers pose.
dude run along.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Osobi32(m): 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:

on point but this shit is very painful mehn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by LeoDeKing: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
eedriyz:

I don't know their terms, but for Nigeria Customs, I don't think you're allowed to bid on your own car.
Well, it happened and I'm a witness. Though the owner pulled some strings.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Wipper7000: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sabadon:
In as much as disobeying traffic rules is bad, there should have been a lighter punishment or option of fine......i hate seeing grown ups cry, more so a man, who knows thats his source of livelihood cry cry
You were told to obey traffic rules otherwise your car will be impounded. You still went ahead and broke the LAW. Now you are crying. So that's what you get for disobeying the Law. In SAUDI ARABIA and SINGAPORE, if you were caught with DRUGS its death sentence, Its written everywhere .Do you believe Nigerians still traffic DRUGS to these countries. To tell you how Lawlessness some Nigerians are. Let them face the consequence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by kingshrd: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

Anyone who drives one-way deserves to be jailed and his vehicle impounded.
One-way drivers have killed several people and they are trying to discourage it.

If you like cry till tomorrow, it won't change a thing. We won't wait until one-way drivers knock down and kill your children before we tackle the menace.

You did not answer the question I had what steps are they taking to prevent drivers from taking one way the government wants to push the blame on residents but have they done their part that's the question I asked have the fixed the roads have the found a way to discongest traffic have they educated the drivers this ate question they need to answered first before jumping to impoundment
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
ChristineC:
dude run along.

I guess I shut you up. Next time, think before you talk. Don't talk because others are talking.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingshrd:

You did not answer the question I had what steps are they taking to prevent drivers from taking one way the government wants to push the blame on residents but have they done their part that's the question I asked have the fixed the roads have the found a way to discongest traffic have they educated the drivers this ate question they need to answered first before jumping to impoundment

You should have also asked if the government has fed the drivers to ensure they have the presence of mind not to break traffic rules.
Rubbish.

They are trying to deter people from passing one-way and killing our children, you are asking stupid questions.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Mrtaye: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
In my county in the US, they will confiscate your HOUSE for failure to pay property taxes and sell it for peanuts to the highest bidder. That's your problem. No one to beg or cry to.

Nigerians want to live like Oyinbo but don't want Oyinbo way of life....
Oga let the whole roads and pot holes be fixed first so that we don't continue driving like James Bond before copying America okay and are there bad roads and pot holes on American roads
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by ThinkSmarter: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
The penalty is too heavy. A reason to be a terrorist for a day. Set fire on a govt ppties or target one of the official and unleash a terror
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Umaru9ja: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

Maybe if someone driving one-way killed your family member, you won't be supporting nonsense.

This auctioning punishment is only for those who pass one-way.
I support dis, we must learn to get sense
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by kingshrd: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

You should have also asked if the government has fed the drivers to ensure they have the presence of mind not to break traffic rules.
Rubbish.

They are trying to deter people from passing one-way and killing our children, you are asking stupid questions.
I was assuming you had a brain but I am wrong when you have a problem like people taking g one way you have to ask the question "why" then solve that problem that in itself will drastically reduce the volume of people offending then. You can punish offenders but as usual the African method punish and don't ask why this is happening and believe me it will keep happening mo matter the punishment because the root cause has not been addressed
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Wipper7000: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
In my county in the US, they will confiscate your HOUSE for failure to pay property taxes and sell it for peanuts to the highest bidder. That's your problem. No one to beg or cry to.

Nigerians want to live like Oyinbo but don't want Oyinbo way of life....
TELL THEM PLS. If you failed to pay child support in America, The system will make your life miserable for the rest of your life. Even for cheating Tax system, When the Taxman comes after you , you wish you were not born.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Mrtaye: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

I disagree with you.

The punishment for one-way driving is for the vehicle to be impounded. Other offences carry lesser fines.

One-way drivers are potential murderers and in addition to the vehicle being impounded, he should be jailed for minimum of 5 years.
I have seen one-way of drivers run over pedestrians and run away. Others cause accidents and end up taking lives.
Brazen one way driving is illegal and dangerous but even at that auction is and should never be the punishment
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Umaru9ja: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
I support this oh, we learn to get sense in this state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

₦155.6Billion Museum With Roof Made Of 76,000 Panels Opens In Qatar(Pics) / Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks / Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.