Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries (49683 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / 10 Luxury Buses Impounded, 150 Passengers Arrested In Lagos (pic) / Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by ChristineC: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

I guess I shut you up. Next time, think before you talk. Don't talk because others are talking.
if you think it's proper for government to steal a citizen's property for a civil offence, that's entirely your problem.
it's the very reason the very people you elect shiit on your heads and get away with it.
the docile nature of Nigerians in the face of tyranny should be a world wonder.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by sameoldguy: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mubbyleey:
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria giving us Yankee vibes... We can as well say Lagos is the standard for other states to emulate. grin grin

Yankee people don’t impound vehicles for driving wrong way, they give you a ticket
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
kingshrd:

I was assuming you had a brain but I am wrong when you have a problem like people taking g one way you have to ask the question "why" then solve that problem that in itself will drastically reduce the volume of people offending then. You can punish offenders but as usual the African method punish and don't ask why this is happening and believe me it will keep happening mo matter the punishment because the root cause has not been addressed

When you want to ask questions, you ask sensible questions and not idiotic questions.
If you had an iota of commonsense and were not an inbred dunce, you won't be defending one-way drivers.
Please carry your stupidity out of my mentions.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Mrtaye: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

That punishment is for vehicles who pa's one-way. A one-way driver is a potential killer. In my opinion, he should be jailed in addition to his vehicle being sold.

Commit any traffic offence, na fine. Pass one way, bye bye to your motor.
Those rules are meant to prevent one-way drivers from killing your kids and family members while they are trying to cross the road.
Also all one way markings should be clear and bold,not hidden
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Wipper7000: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mrtaye:

Oga let the whole roads and pot holes be fixed first so that we don't continue driving like James Bond before copying America okay and are there bad roads and pot holes on American roads
So not fixing the bad road will make you to be driving the wrong way. I know someone like you will still pass one way tomorrow and when your car is been auctioned , Then you will go on the internet as usual claiming Lagos is bad and blaming[b] APC[/b]
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
ChristineC:
if you think it's proper for government to steal a citizen's property for a civil offence, that's entirely your problem.
it's the very reason the very people you elect shiit on your heads and get away with it.

Civil offence that gives right to criminal liability. Breaking any law is not a civil offence. Once the law has stated it's a crime, anyone who engages in it is a criminal.
I guess you're not a very intelligent fellow, just opening mouth to talk nonsense because others are talking.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by kingshrd: 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

When you want to ask questions, you ask sensible questions and not idiotic questions.
If you had an iota of commonsense and were not an inbred dunce, you won't be defending one-way drivers.
Please carry your stupidity out of my mentions.
This is where you are mistaken I am not defending one way drivers I am saying what has the government done to reduce the occurrence before throwing fines and impounded cars have they expanded the roads,have the provided safe alternative means of transportation that will decongest the roads have the put a system where you will need to pass a test to get a drivers license where drivers are also educated.this is what is obtainable in developed countries that we are trying to emulate
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Nyamiri: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mrtaye:

Also all one way markings should be clear and bold,not hidden

Go to Ojodu Berger expressway in the morning and see people passing one way.
3 weeks ago, people were passing one way on 3rd Mainland bridge.

Markings are very important, I agree. But never underestimate the stupidity of some people.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Wipper7000: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
ChristineC:
Excuse me , Did you know that if you don't pay property Tax in USA you property can be seized and auctioned. If the money realized from the auction can't settled the outstanding balance, you will still be owing the govt. Nigerian should obey the LAW for once
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by kelvinklein219(m): 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

You are a big fool. In that place where you are a slave, do they pass one-way there?
It is fools like you who bring insults upon blacks.

One-way drivers ought to be shot at sight. That are attempting murder.
bro please calm down, APC is evil
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by fubsy: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
Pathetic!!!! As the owner was around during the auction, he would have been given the first right of refusal at least, as his penalty.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by seunak2016: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mubbyleey:
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria giving us Yankee vibes... We can as well say Lagos is the standard for other states to emulate. grin grin
you call it standard? why not fine those offenders 100k each then they should come and carry their car instead of selling it off? even 50k is OK for whatever punishment they commit

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by seunak2016: 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
eghuan1:
They should at least give him the option to raise the money to buy the car na.

The man would have raised the 400k if given the opportunity
in US they break traffic rules and the judge fine them but won't just impound vehicle anyhow like a theif
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by ChristineC: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

Civil offence that gives right to criminal liability. Breaking any law is not a civil offence. Once the law has stated it's a crime, anyone who engages in it is a criminal.
I guess you're not a very intelligent fellow, just opening mouth to talk nonsense because others are talking.
n
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Formation10: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Is only the poor and average rich that will suffer for it can Lagos state government impound or auction tunibu or Ambode car
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by shogsman(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Serves him right,you won't follow the law but blame government for everything
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by ChristineC: 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wipper7000:
Excuse me , Did you know that if you don't pay property Tax in USA you property can be seized and auctioned. If the money realized from the auction can't settled the outstanding balance, you will still be owing the govt. Nigerian should obey the LAW for once
dude can you tell what's the relationship with this impounded and "auctioned" vehicle?
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by shogsman(m): 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
ChristineC:
You're as ignorant as it can be,wtf do you think is happening to Russia all around Western countries,here in the US everything you own can be siezed and auction off if you break the law, go and Open meth lab in your house in the US and see if they won't take your house from you after your conviction.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Lagosenugu: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Well, that is draconian, to say the least.

Since he was there during the auctioning, he should have notified the officials so the officials in turn give him a concession such that he will be the one to buy the car. If that happens, he will end up buying his own car even at less than competitive price. The amount he pays for the car now being his fine for whatsoever offence he had committed.

Yes, it happened to a colleague who got his car imported with fake papers and the customs officers impounded the car. His car was subsequently auctioned to him at a very reduced price.

Anyway, no need crying over spilled milk, he should take heart, shiits do happen.

How can you import with fake papers?
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by shortIGBOman: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Rule

Quit derailing this thread.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Lightorder: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
aylagos:
Welcome development, let’s us learn to obey traffic rules and registrations. If we must develop as a nation we must be responsible for so many things. Everyone want to Japa to US, Canada or UK �� but we don’t want to obey traffic rules here.
yes o! That your government should learn to do first thing first

Fix the roads first and anyone who contravenes traffic law becomes a madman whom we will join them to teach a lesson
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by femicyrus(m): 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mubbyleey:
Which of the Yankee vibes exactly?
This is pure wickedness.
The highest you will pay in new York for a traffic infraction is $85. You can even accumulate offences on your data log with government until your vehicle gets impounded and arraigned in court for judgement. At worst, you'll pay all the fine and if you have a superior argument, you can strike out some charges

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Poleski: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
The money goes into Tinubu's bullion vans.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Levels1(m): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kingozymandias:
angry

One just simply can't give into sentiments if this country must grow. Well done Lagos state....

This is governance per excellence. Peter Obi needs to adopt this sort of mindset at the Federal level to deal decisively with corruption when he takes over next year in Aso Rock

Sorry bro, please have they granted Republic of Biafa to IGBOS as I read your qoute saying Obituary will copy from Lagos State when he becomes your Biafa president
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by ChristineC: 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
shogsman:

You're as ignorant as it can be,wtf do you think is happening to Russia all around Western countries,here in the US everything you own can be siezed and auction off if you break the law, go and Open meth lab in your house in the US and see if they won't take your house from you after your conviction.
make your point without telling me your location. don't care ffs.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Patriotsleague: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Obey the law, avoid tears. Without laws a society is unruly, Lagos state is the only working state in Nigeria today, because it stands by it's laws.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by CaptainFM1: 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Do the state have the law backing such auctioning of people's property?

Lawyers in the house pls comment.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Emperorx: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
What APC government can not do does not exist
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by seunak2016: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nyamiri:

na so dey do for USA abi ? we kind yeye law we make in this country ? why can't gov't fine them 50k or 100k each instead of selling their property. I don't pray people like you to hold the affair of the country, you will ruin things more
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Emperorx: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
What evil APC government can not do does not exist
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Tonyblessed(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Everyone here supporting this evil are of course APC touts and demonic supporters. What about those criminal lastma and different unlawful Lagos state road touts that call themselves local government agencies that are busy causing problems to lawful private motorists.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by sinola(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
CountVersailles:
Good one. It will teach him a lesson to stop disobeying traffic rules. Nigerians need a strong hand to discipline them as many of them are typically he-goats who will never listen, regardless what the law says, especially the men. Things like this are needed to enforce discipline in the system.

i'm sure you don't even have a bicycle from your statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One / Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.