Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries (49701 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / 10 Luxury Buses Impounded, 150 Passengers Arrested In Lagos (pic) / Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:19am On Sep 16, 2022
Reference:

Of course the people decide the kind of society they live in. If the people feel traffic as a result of misdemeanors is not a weighty concern I am sure the State will hands off.

The officials criticised here can always get sirens to clear their way anytime the wander around.

The government is simply responding to what it thought the people yearned for, alas they were all pretending it was a concern.... not so.?

Only in Nigeria are the people unable to decide what they want. And this demonstration of confliction is why this nation simply cannot move forward.

We truly need restructuring to establish common values.

Agreed.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by holluwizzy: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2022
Smile....................

grin

More of which are caused by the yellow and black stripe bus.

For ur information.

My family can and never will be hit by car.

olaniyilukman:
Has any of your family member knocked down by car before as a result of these useless driver attitude who deliberately flout orders and do the way they likes...
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by edosignature(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2022
Life...

A man was knockdown by a driver who was driving against traffic. The man spent 4 years on hospital beds & later died with memory loss. I don't pity for people who drive against traffic... But as human I feel for those whose cars are impounded.

Please let us all always obey traffic rules & drive right.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Themandator: 8:16am On Sep 16, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Well, that is draconian, to say the least.

Since he was there during the auctioning, he should have notified the officials so the officials in turn give him a concession such that he will be the one to buy the car. If that happens, he will end up buying his own car even at less than competitive price. The amount he pays for the car now being his fine for whatsoever offence he had committed.

Yes, it happened to a colleague who got his car imported with fake papers and the customs officers impounded the car. His car was subsequently auctioned to him at a very reduced price.

Anyway, no need crying over spilled milk, he should take heart, shiits do happen.

The friend didn't tell you the whole story and auction doesn't take place immediately a vehicle is impounded... Custom just auctioned items recently that were impounded years ago
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by fkj950ax(m): 8:39am On Sep 16, 2022
chimpad:
The Govement is doing the right thing, but rather in a harsh way. They could impose a heavy fine on violators while they set them up on a montly payment plan for their fine. Fifty thousand Naira is good enough, and payment be split to about 6 months - 1 year. Violators should also be made to sign legal documents consenting to the disposal of the vehicle if they default in payment twice. This is method better than impounding and selling off peoples car for peanuts, over little traffic infractions.

Maybe you should spend your time reading more about the auction and the traffic laws that got them all there before you post another comment here.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by TruthinAction: 9:08am On Sep 16, 2022
olaniyilukman:
You will give kudos to Tinubu if lawless driver knocked down one of your loves one as a result of violation to traffic laws

I am not against LASMA. But the fees are too high and auctioning people's car is wickedness.

Panalty from 5,000 to 20,000 naira is more reasonable. But you ask someone who probably is struggling to feed his family to pay 200,000 naira or have his car auctioned is wickedness of the first degree.

Lagos roads are complex and new people come in daily.

I have driven once inside Lagos and if not for someone who is familiar to the rules that I carried in my car, I would have fallen victim. And I don't even have 2,000 to pay for any traffic offense.

My take is that their charges are unreasonable.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Coolgent(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2022
Why not auction it to the owner for the said 400k?
We are not ripe for this, this system will breed criminals
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Enny2013(f): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2022
Does the government obeys traffic rules? If they are coming on convoy, for example, will they obey the rules of traffic? In Nigeria, the rule of law is meant to deal with the common citizens. If this rule affect everyone, it's fine, else, Bleep!
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Enny2013(f): 9:24am On Sep 16, 2022
fkj950ax:

Maybe you should spend your time reading more about the auction and the traffic laws that got them all there before you post another comment here.
Forget about reading what the traffic laws state, it should be amended. What that young man said is very reasonable. A thumb up for him there!
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Kingozymandias:
angry

One just simply can't give into sentiments if this country must grow. Well done Lagos state....

This is governance per excellence. Peter Obi needs to adopt this sort of mindset at the Federal level to deal decisively with corruption when he takes over next year in Aso Rock

In your dreams when you have turned him to a tribal and regional candidate!!!
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by overseasnbeyond: 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
What is the Yankee vibes in the madness?
No county will ever do this without following due process, stop typing what you don't know.
Many people violates traffic rules everyday in America.

Mubbyleey:
Lagos is the only state in Nigeria giving us Yankee vibes... We can as well say Lagos is the standard for other states to emulate. grin grin
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by Emmanuel909090: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Why cause people this sort of pain.
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by fkj950ax(m): 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
Enny2013:

Forget about reading what the traffic laws states, it should be amended. What that young man said is very reasonable. A thumb up for him there!

That’s why he wrote what he wrote up there because they all forgot about reading in the first place as you advocate we should all do.

The only reason your car is auctioned is you broke the law. Instead of doing all those things he wrote, why not avoid breaking the law? This is simpler.

Lagos state didn’t just arrive at this point from nowhere. They kept amending the laws concerning traffic violations until it got to this point. You are asking for pay small small for traffic offense from people that don't even do MoT or renew drivers licenses.
And they should sign agreement with government. How many agreements will that be?
Then the officials managing the agreements will start taking bribes.

Why not avoid breaking the law?

You also need to read more than you currently do
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by chimpad: 2:50am On Sep 19, 2022
What do you know? I live in a first world country. I have only suggested a method how things are being done in a sane country. We pay fines and our vehicles don't get auctioned for peanuts!
fkj950ax:

Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by fkj950ax(m): 3:22am On Sep 19, 2022
chimpad:
What do you know? I live in a first world country. I have only suggested a method how things are being done in a sane country. We pay fines and our vehicles don't get auctioned for peanuts!
What do I know?
I live in a first world country too.
I just bought a car from auction 3 weeks ago. Belonged to a body work dude who didn't renew at DMV since 2020.
It got towed. Tow company held it for 6 months and PD approve the auction.

Auction is not peanut. It's what people on the spot are willing to pay.

The issue is not the auction by LASG, but the people who broke traffic laws knowing they will forfeit.

The next day after the auction and the attendant noise online, an SA to SanwoOlu still blocked a car passing one way and forced the driver to turn around.
The NEXT FXCKING day...
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by chimpad: 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2022
Obviously I would never support morons who break traffic laws. I'm suprised you know the history of the car you purchased.
fkj950ax:

What do I know?
I live in a first world country too.
I just bought a car from auction 3 weeks ago. Belonged to a body work dude who didn't renew at DMV since 2020.
It got towed. Tow company held it for 6 months and PD approve the auction.

Auction is not peanut. It's what people on the spot are willing to pay.

The issue is not the auction by LASG, but the people who broke traffic laws knowing they will forfeit.

The next day after the auction and the attendant noise online, an SA to SanwoOlu still blocked a car passing one way and forced the driver to turn around.
The NEXT FXCKING day...
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by fkj950ax(m): 12:03am On Sep 20, 2022
chimpad:
Obviously I would never support morons who break traffic laws. I'm suprised you know the history of the car you purchased.

Dudes drivers license was in the car with all the tools of his trade. One of those guys you see outside Autozone or O'Reilly that helps you with work after you buy a part inside.
Drove to the address on the DL and returned everything to him
Re: Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries by chimpad: 12:45am On Sep 20, 2022
That's a kind gesture from you, it's just funny that they consificated his car along with his working tools. That man lost a whole car cos of $100 - $200 plus Reg renewal fee. Na WA o.
fkj950ax:

Dudes drivers license was in the car with all the tools of his trade. One of those guys you see outside Autozone or O'Reilly that helps you with work after you buy a part inside.
Drove to the address on the DL and returned everything to him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks / ₦155.6Billion Museum With Roof Made Of 76,000 Panels Opens In Qatar(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.