Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video (1224 Views)

If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence / Can A Born Again Christian Be Psychic / What Does Jesus Say About Psychics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 12, 2011
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Sweetnecta: 1:41am On Aug 12, 2011
@Frosbel; your speaker on the video forgot that even the Jews say the God is not the father of no one? Jesus himself referred to Yahweh as Ellah or Eli in many places as his Lord God Who is One. The God Lord of every jew that listened to Jesus.

from the Jewish knowledge of God, they disagree with what the speaker said about God in relationship with Jesus being he was a child of Mary. please go to the Jews and they will tell you that God alone not 'them' created man. no one helped God, especially Jesus was no help, being part of the creation. not even the angels helped.

judaism.about.com/od/orthodoxfaqenkin/f/ourimage.htm - Cached
. . . God merely wanted to allow the angels to feel special and a "part of the program."

So too, we should humble ourselves once in a while in order to make others feel that they and their feelings are important and meaningful.

Note: The verses continue with: "and He created man", not "and they created".

Rabbi Ari Enkin
Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel

go to any Jewish literature, they believe that God alone and no one else created humans. so that killed the issue of Jesus.

but the christians themselves killed Trinity if they argue Jesus was with God. so they need to develop another God concept which will be 2 Gods and forget trinity where there are 3.

son of God; thats a tall order if not a tall tale, because the Jews believe that they are even Gods, each of then being God.

we must notice that when God was reported to create, He did it all by Himself, alone [i wonder who told the world about the whole story; God or who exactly because it is not clear?], and when God spoke, no one, not even the angel answered or said a word. Jesus and Holy Ghost silence is an indication that neither was there. obviously Jesus spoke on earth, aggressively too. it will be difficult to accept the word was completely silent in heaven! that is if the word was there before word was spoken.

and if we asked if the son's mother is the wife of the father, silence will follow. i see a pattern developing; keep quite when there is no truth.
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by kc11: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2011
My dear Reader,

The understanding of the Holy Bible comes only through the inspiration of God ( Jesus christ ).
Believe it ,that Jesus Christ is THE God himself, before we start talking of who is greater than the other.
You may ask, How is son also the Father ? Yes , Literally, you may be correct. But in the spiritual rythm, we walk in the Spirit ,just as talking in spirit. God is SPIRIT, and talks in SPIRIT.
The Spirit of God was sent into Jesus .Through the Holy CONCEPTION of the Virgin Mother. This Spirit of God , who is God himself, took flesh through MARY, to be able to be delivered ( Born ), as a Baby to us. The Baby JESUS, is God born as Human.
" The father is greater than I " Reading it down, you will notice that Jesus was refering to his death. A prophesy, which MUST come to fulfilment.
The father is greater than I . Is the throne of God ( Heaven ) is greater than The World, where I am . The more reason I ( jesus ), must go back to the Father, having finished his assignments in the World. john 14:28, says : " You heard that I Say to you , I am going away and I am coming back to you. If you love me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am ".

If this is clear enough to convince you, then we can continue. " I and my Father we are one. If you have seen me, You have equally seen the Father. " Who do the World say I am " ? John the baptist , Elijah , One of the prophets, You are the CHRIST . Christ means savior, redemer, God .
Jesus always talks in the SPIRIT because he is always in the SPIRIT. We talk of things in our environment, where we are, what we have seen and heard. Jesus is always with God in Heaven, and talks of heavenly Language , which even his disciples could not understand, for they have never been with God ni heard his Voice. You understand only the things you are aware of.
Moreover, the Spirit of God has not been DASHED out then. All were with Jesus. But after his death and Resurrection, the Holy Spirit came ( the same Spirit of God ), as he promised " I shall not leave alone, I will send to you my spirit. The Spirit of TRUTH which the WORLD do not have. For truth shall set you free.Really, the Spirit came after his Resurrection and unified himself unto those who accepted the WORD of Jesus Christ. Then ALL about Jesus christ became known to them through his ( The Holy Spirit ) ,INSPIRATION , that is in them. So that where I am you will be also . " I have written my Laws in them" I know my sheep and my sheep knows me" The HolySpirit is Jesus Christ in the Spirit dewelling inside all believers. This is where the comunication of the SPIRIT unites all BELIEVERS in CHRIST as one. " I AND MY FATHER, WE ARE ONE.

Alelluhaj. MARANATHA.
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2011
Chei! see abracadabra explanation. Laff wan kill me die!

When it comes to gibberish, you are !0 over 10. Try again
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Sweetnecta: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
@K. c 1; « #2 on: Today at 09:51:10 AM »

[Quote]My dear Reader,

The understanding of the Holy Bible comes only through the inspiration of God ( Jesus christ ).[/Quote]how did Jesus fail as the teacher of the disciples when he was able to speak with audible voice that it too the ghostly spirit to come as a tongue to correct them [what did the ghost correct them from and replace it with?]. teach them, remind them of what Jesus said [but he just left, how terrible a student!], lead them to all truth [what are these that Jesus didnt lead them to before he was lifted up to heaven?] and praise by glorifying Jesus [whats the new praise and glorification that was not already there?]?

if this is the condition of the 12 - 1 disciples, how can you be certain that you fair better without Jesus physically teaching you? You have to be more wrong than the disciples.

by the way, i just grabbed the first line of your post. When Friday prayer is over, I will return to read the rest. if its worth responding to i shall, inchaAllah.
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by KaKaww: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2011
^OP
Because it is a fact
Why would GEJ say "The President is greater than I" because its the office or status that made the difference. Same person different circumstance
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Sweetnecta: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^^^^^^ do we have GEJ in Aso Rock when he was at the White House, say the GEJ in Aso Rock is greater so he had to go back to assume the set aside position he left to come to White House? which is a fact now; 2 GEJs or 1 GEJ Who will never be lower in or out of Aso Rock?

is this what christians have turned their Jehovah into, sometimes He is God always if He remain in heaven, but then he is appearing on earth, still the other part is in heaven, he will be less than true God on the earth?

this is sickness of the heart first class. but then, you forgot that you have only proven duality; Full God and not full God, killing trinity. Where is the ghost in all of this; maybe he is floating between Full God in heaven and not full God on earth, like somewhere in the galaxy?

@Ka Kaww!; read the stuff and cry if its what you wrote is not a joke.
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by KaKaww: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2011
^
Ọgbẹri!
Why dont you tear your clothing to show your horror and shout "Blasphemy!"
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by KaKaww: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2011
I did not watch the video before but have just finished watching it after submitting that last post

It's only coincidence we used similar phrases but hey Sweetnecta you really do underestimate God

Just because you can't have The President in Aso Rock when he was at the White House at the same time does not mean God cant be in two places; heaven and earth; at the same time. Whaddya say, hmm?
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Sweetnecta: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2011
Ka Kaww!; « #7 on: Today at 06:31:40 PM »
[Quote]^
Ọgbẹri!
Why dont you tear your clothing to show your horror and shout "Blasphemy!"[/Quote]its your horror and blasphemy. so tear your own cloth if you must, in rage and regret of being in what is wrong. i gave you a reason to discover. if discovery is stranger to you, then dont discover.

[Quote]« #8 on: Today at 06:55:28 PM »

I did not watch the video before but have just finished watching it after submitting that last post

It's only coincidence we used similar phrases but hey Sweetnecta you really do underestimate God

Just because you can't have The President in Aso Rock when he was at the White House at the same time does not mean God cant be in two places; heaven and earth; at the same time. Whaddya say, hmm?[/Quote]God is not the Author of confusion. if you think that concept of being in 2 places at the same time is not confusion enough on a God that before you turned him partially to Jesus on earth, He oversaw and controlled from not being on earth all affairs of earth and heaven and more without any problem; forgiving Adam and Eve and when satan does not repent He made him a loser the more, then protecting Noah and those with him in the ark destroying the rest, send angels to many including the own that wrestled with Jacob which the christian and Jews say is God then making Jacob now Israel being victorious over 'God and man' [stupidity at its glorious doom], destroying pharaoh and his soldiers with stick of Moses the same stick that saved him and those with him. how am i doing so far?

the same God Who destroyed mighty goliath by the hand of little lad David. all of these and more were done without being on earth, suddenly He cant take not being on earth so He came as Jesus, full of ignorance and lacking knowledge when he was with satan who says to him 'all the earth has been given to me', God now being Jesus said nothing to really mean yes, you satan you have everything.

i will not waste time explaining the false premise of the bibles about God and about Jesus [i will let your conscience do the talking]. what i want to say is that the christians top off this confusion with granddaddy of confusion by saying though Mary is not the wife of God, she as virgin has a real baby not a bastard son for God, that son being God who got his own mother pregnant for his own father, himself so that he can die as a son, dragged to be hung after begging himself the father who loved him so much that he ignored himself as a son, so that the heathens, the gentiles will be saved if the Jews even refused to be saved, rendering Moses and his laws, useless.

did you notice the cry on the cross by the father as son asking himself why he now God, not father, not son, not even the docile holy ghost, forsook him? and when you read the bible Jesus finished all of his job and reported it to Yahweh as finishe before he left the dinner table.

THEN CRUCIFIXION took place. Is there a normal human being with a sound mind that will accept all of this as straight forward instead of confusion?
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by KaKaww: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2011
^
Sweetnecta, where is the confusion? It is only an ọgbẹri that rants vitriol the way you do. Hey I will indulge you a bit more but stop short of the mud and any trampling

From Genesis 1: 26 through this current dispensation until God knows when, Divinity has its quarters and humanity too has its quarters.

God would not go against His fatwa; shall we say borrowing a lingo you're familiar with. God needed a body, and for the record emphasis is on "a legally obtained body" The upshot of that necessity is Jesus

It is God's prerogative. He can do whatever He wants, wherever He wants, whenever He wants etc. God is not answerable to no one but Himself

You really need to start realising that if you want something done right, what do you do; you have to do it yourself.
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^

Don't waste your time, they are BLIND and need help, we will pray for them.

"Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God." - 2 Corinthians 4:4
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Sweetnecta: 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Ka Kaww!; « #10 on: Today at 09:41:31 PM »
[Quote]^
Sweetnecta, where is the confusion? It is only an ọgbẹri that rants vitriol the way you do. Hey I will indulge you a bit more but stop short of the mud and any trampling

From Genesis 1: 26 through this current dispensation until God knows when, Divinity has its quarters and humanity too has its quarters.

God would not go against His fatwa; shall we say borrowing a lingo you're familiar with.[/Quote]Sunnah of Allah is Sharia on mankind. Sunnah of Muhammad [as] is sharia on believers. Fatwa are from scholars; legal opinions. your using fatwa instead of Sunnah of God is wrong. God didn't change His way, until you bring Jesus into it.

[Quote] God needed a body[/Quote]He could have created one as He did for Adam.,

[Quote]and for the record emphasis is on "a legally obtained body" The upshot of that necessity is Jesus[/Quote]was the body of Adam illegally obtained? how about that of Eve?

[Quote]It is God's prerogative. He can do whatever He wants, wherever He wants, whenever He wants etc. God is not answerable to no one but Himself[/Quote]are there things God will not do? Are there things you will not do; things that do not fit your personality, your age, the person you really are?

[Quote]You really need to start realising that if you want something done right, what do you do; you have to do it yourself.[/Quote]Dangote does not sweep the floor of his cement factor. God wants to minister to Jews and gentiles, He does not come down to do it after He had not done that but raise up prophets. If God wants to kill so that man can be saved if they believe, He will not kill Himself. Further those who engage in killing can argue with Him that He did it first and as obedient servants or what you want to call believers that they are imitating Him or making the killing bigger.
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by KaKaww: 11:35pm On Aug 12, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Ka Kaww!; « #10 on: Today at 09:41:31 PM »Sunnah of Allah is Sharia on mankind. Sunnah of Muhammad [as] is sharia on believers. Fatwa are from scholars; legal opinions. your using fatwa instead of Sunnah of God is wrong. God didn't change His way, until you bring Jesus into it.

He could have created one as He did for Adam.,

was the body of Adam illegally obtained? how about that of Eve?

are there things God will not do? Are there things you will not do; things that do not fit your personality, your age, the person you really are?

Dangote does not sweep the floor of his cement factor. God wants to minister to Jews and gentiles, He does not come down to do it after He had not done that but raise up prophets. If God wants to kill so that man can be saved if they believe, He will not kill Himself. Further those who engage in killing can argue with Him that He did it first and as obedient servants or what you want to call believers that they are imitating Him or making the killing bigger.
^

I can see some of your hang ups. Adam and Eve were the original copies but when they got compromised, the need of another prototype was apparent

So what were you expecting? God to create and build another full grown man after Adam had said that Eve is source of life; mother of all living?

Fatwa or Sunnah take a pick, that is where toeing the line hinged on. Creating one as He did for Adam is out of the question.

The last Adam or last prototype will adhere to the protocol; Eve the source of life

Dont confuse die with kill. They are disparate. God did not kill but died for all

By the way, Dangote does not sweep the floor of his cement factor? I bet you, Dangote wipes his "where the sun dont shine" himself

Instant messaging and we have a real-time direct texting communication. Whaddya say, hmm?
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by Sweetnecta: 12:46am On Aug 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^^
[Quote]I can see your numerous hang ups. The Adam and Eve were the original copies but when they got compromised, the need of another prototype was apparent

So what were you expecting? God to create and build another full grown man after Adam had said that Eve is source of life; mother of all living?[/Quote]Better prototype would have done the trick; like the son of Abraham who didn't complain about the knife or getting slaughtered kind of prototype. Not the grown man who knew his fate but started to beg. Even after he was forced to it, he complained and blamed God further this time with 'my God, my God, . . . why have You forsaken me?' 'that's a bad prototype if you ask me; worse than the first deficient one you are saying this came to better. The designer is not a perfect designer and can't be call God. God gets it right the first time and there is no error and a do over.

[Quote]Fatwa or Sunnah take a pick, that is where toeing the line hinged on. [/Quote]I am teaching you. don't be a lackey like the disciples that they were corrected by the flaming tongue you label another comforter which is holy ghost/God less that 3 months after a 3 year course ended.

[Quote]Creating one as He did for Adam is out of the question.[/Quote]you boxed God in to a must do as if you control or knows His Intentions. I now tell you that there is no place that God says in your Bible that only children of Israel [the children of Jacob] will be the receivers of and only through them prophets will be raised. that honor goes to Abraham after the covenant, being the father of only son Ishmael before younger brother isaac. if you argue that the honor is transferred to isaac, you will display 2 deficiencies for your God; he is not firm in resolve and you forgot the first son of isaac, esau. if you transfer it to jacob being israel, you will see that he was not a man of honor but very deceitful along with his mother and so were his evil children. Read your Bible because you may come to the conclusion that the bible painted God as unjust.

[Quote]The last Adam or last prototype will adhere to the protocol; Eve the source of life[/Quote]will blaming God be the hallmark of this final prototype? Adam blame God indirectly by focusing on the woman, Jesus directly blame God.

[Quote]Dont confuse die with kill. They are disparate. God did not kill but died for all[/Quote]Who killed God? When God was killed did He not die? When a person dies by being hung, was he not killed? {Allah knows that I do not mean He in any of this; I am simple pointing out the weakness in a make believe story about a make believe weak God. Subhannallah; The Real God is Perfect [without any deficiency].

[Quote]By the way, Dangote does not sweep the floor of his cement factor? I bet you, Dangote wipes his "where the sun dont shine" himself[/Quote]is this what you turn Yahweh to; Jesus wipes himself after using the bathroom, so Yahweh must use the bathroom and do the same thing?

[Quote]Instant messaging and we have a real-time direct texting communication. Whaddya say, hmm?[/Quote]I dont live in Nigeria. my email address is galadimalou@aol.com i may direct you other private address to contact me.
Re: Why Did Jesus Say, "the Father Is Greater Than I" (john 14:28)? -12 minute Video by KaKaww: 1:02am On Aug 13, 2011
^
as promised "Trebor! Sweet Success!!"

(1) (Reply)

Text Message Alarting Nigeria's Not To Wear Red Cloth Today / Official Translation Of The Interview With Pope Francis On Gays / Proof That Religion Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.