Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

When Marriage Becomes Toxic. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Marriage Becomes Toxic. (23966 Views)

If A Man Doesn't Marry When He Is Broke. Marriage Becomes Difficult When Rich / 2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? / When.marriage Affects Your Sleep,can One Get Divorce For Poor Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 19, 2022
purehustle101:

Men get married to belong to the class of he is responsible, not necessarily for kids, because kids can be gotten outside wedlock.
The only reason you should have a wife at home is only if she brings peace and companionship aside these your a mad man for depriving your self the comfort you deserve... Youngmen should forget love and emotions is a mental disorder and focus on there happiness .

This comment is fruaght with forensic truths as regards love and emotions being a mental disorder. Hence, young men should focus solely on there happiness not marriage

2 Likes

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Fearyourcreator: 12:18am On Sep 19, 2022
richie240:
Says who?
I'm glad you mentioned God, bcus God has given us d manual, na mankind dey do over-sabi.

Na d 'operating manual'be that.
Theres no woman that will fully do away with pride and submit 100% to her husband and still have problem with the man; and there's no husband that will love his wife 100% that will still 'look outside'

There's no couple/marriage dt will follow it (God's instructions aka 'God's manual') to the fullest that will still have challenges.

God has given us d manual for a successful marriage; it's now our decision to either follow that manual'or not.

I can't give u food and still help u to eat it; whether u get filled with it or die of starvation is a function of whether you choose to either eat d food I provided for u or not. You can't blame me (again) for your own refusal to chopulate d food I provided for u.

Whether our marriages survive or not, na awa hand e dey; God don do hin own (tey-tey) and e don rest!
Hmmmm
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You have to be the right person yourself... that is all you can be sure of in marriage. No matter how long you search, you will never be sure of whether the other person is right enough or not, or if that person will not up and change the next day. So it is key that one at least is sure he/she is the right person for that particular union and goes from there. undecided
I agree with u
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by HIPROFILE(m): 1:37am On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Same goes for men who almost always expect too much from their womenfolk as well. These days, you have some even going as far as suggesting that the way to have it all is to marry more wives and/or have side chicks. undecided

Yea you are right.

At a time I feel love is so talked about in marriage instead of understanding which happens to be the bedrock cos I realized that some times the love vanishes and only proper understanding from the parties involve keep the union afloat.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Gkemz: 2:01am On Sep 19, 2022
Marriage na scam. So many young ladies who are married don't know what marriage is all about.

1 Like

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by athorello(m): 2:06am On Sep 19, 2022
hartopher76:
Married people, have you ever come to a point were you feel that outside your children, you have no other business with your wife.

That's why I dey where I dey. grin

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by SaturnNick(m): 2:48am On Sep 19, 2022
purehustle101:

Men get married to belong to the class of he is responsible, not necessarily for kids, because kids can be gotten outside wedlock.
The only reason you should have a wife at home is only if she brings peace and companionship aside these your a mad man for depriving your self the comfort you deserve... Youngmen should forget love and emotions is a mental disorder and focus on there happiness .
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by DVLoger: 3:35am On Sep 19, 2022
Negligence to wifely duties from her, like this STORY below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZtdbk7Chmw
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Funflipper: 3:49am On Sep 19, 2022
Kajaard:

Marriage should be enjoyed and not tolerated. Emphasis on tolerated. It's best to part ways peacefully once it becomes toxic.

Without tolerance, the marriage is heading for the rocks.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by SirJerrie(m): 4:14am On Sep 19, 2022
nony43:
That’s why I love Oyibo, they understand themselves a lot of them don’t want to marry they have partners , they knack, have kids and still stay with each other. They want everything that marriages brings but they don’t want it to be legally binding. My friend has a partner and they have stayed together for 36 years. I told him to put a ring on it , he said he and his partner doesn’t want marriage. So many people are like that.

Believe me it is the best.

Lol
which "oyibo" are you taking about?

You don't have to use the case of your friend to generalize!!
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by phemmyfour: 4:23am On Sep 19, 2022
hartopher76:
Married people, have you ever come to a point were you feel that outside your children, you have no other business with your wife.
That happens when you married her for procreation. You were never in love with her

1 Like

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Wande22(m): 4:27am On Sep 19, 2022
As i dey so, the level Of toxicity wey dey my marriage, even if you wear 10 hazmat suits, you will Be "exposed"

4 Likes

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by mmsen: 4:33am On Sep 19, 2022
nony43:
That’s why I love Oyibo, they understand themselves a lot of them don’t want to marry they have partners , they knack, have kids and still stay with each other. They want everything that marriages brings but they don’t want it to be legally binding. My friend has a partner and they have stayed together for 36 years. I told him to put a ring on it , he said he and his partner doesn’t want marriage. So many people are like that.

Believe me it is the best.

Africans were doing that before. It was oyibo devils that brought this marriage bondage that has made life hell for men.

I don't understand how any African with sense will say that they love oyibo. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by nony43(m): 5:20am On Sep 19, 2022
SirJerrie:

Lol
which "oyibo" are you taking about?

You don't have to use the case of your friend to generalize!!

I have many friends like him. I just used him as an example.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by nony43(m): 5:21am On Sep 19, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

And you know this......how?

Because if you guys decide to go your separate ways no woman will claim properties. You guys were just partners.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by frozen70(f): 6:33am On Sep 19, 2022
paradiseVirgin:

What is so special about housing a woman if not for just having kids undecided

Its actually not for having kids is for for companionship

Kids are added advantage and can only be given by God

Besides no man houses a woman

Every woman is capable of housing herself

Dont think that women are not breadwinners

If you cant find out the value of living with a woman, it would be better you stay alone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Angbakpa(m): 7:30am On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
God told you over 2000 years ago that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - so where do you lot get this idea that it is God that keeps your marriages? undecided

Chai....bro you're wrong oo
That's not the right interpretation of that scripture. It's saying that in that other world, no need for marriage coz if you're considered qualified and eventually entered into that world, you won't need go get married or be given out in marriage. You'll be like angels.

Know this and know peace ko. That's the true interpretation .
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Kdon2: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2022
hartopher76:

Just pray hard that you don't marry "our wife" or your life is at stake.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by nahzyla: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2022
I don't blame you nairaland men. Women are the ones behaving as if marriage is life and death for them that's why men feel they are doing you a favor by marrying you.

1 Like

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Atolu01: 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2022
#placing d cart b4 d horse!

That question is what shd've bn considered in d first place b4 marriage, not after: "outside (legimate) children what else I'm I to gain in marriage?"

If ur woman can't see you as her lord and accord u the respect that goes along with it, then the marriage is bound to have challenges except the man is d submissive type.
[/quote]

Ode. Rapist.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Kobojunkiee: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2022
Angbakpa:
Chai....bro you're wrong oo
That's not the right interpretation of that scripture. It's saying that in that other world, no need for marriage coz if you're considered qualified and eventually entered into that world, you won't need go get married or be given out in marriage. You'll be like angels.

Know this and know peace ko. That's the true interpretation .
You claim to be born-again, right - John 3 vs 1 - 8? Well, as Jesus Christ told you, over 2000 years ago, the moment you became born-again, you entered into the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world and He Jesus Christ commands you to then live your life in submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God - John 14 vs 20 - 25. So, when the same Jesus Christ then told you in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 that your marriage, as one who is a citizen of the Kingdom of God by virtue of being born-again, is of this world the not of the Kingdom of God, He clearly means that the rules of the Kingdom of God do not cover you in your marriage...or do you still not see how Jesus Christ was only repeating that which God decreed in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 19 still stands? undecided
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Stevo35: 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2022
visijo:
Right now there's a poor guy working so hard to take care of his cheating girlfriend!

_2mins of silence_ tongue

That's me

1 Like

Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Angbakpa(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You claim to be born-again, right - John 3 vs 1 - 8? Well, as Jesus Christ told you, over 2000 years ago, the moment you became born-again, you entered into the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world and He Jesus Christ commands you to then live your life in submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God - John 14 vs 20 - 25. So, when the same Jesus Christ then told you in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 that your marriage, as one who is a citizen of the Kingdom of God by virtue of being born-again, is of this world the not of the Kingdom of God, He clearly means that the rules of the Kingdom of God do not cover you in your marriage...or do you still not see how Jesus Christ was only repeating that which God decreed in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 19 still stands? undecided

You're gullible.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Kobojunkiee: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2022
Angbakpa:
You're gullible.
Gullible for processing what is written as is written, really? undecided
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by bepositive11: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
hartopher76:

It comes down to why the man got married to the woman in the first place. Marriages built on lust or infatuation can never survive because infatuation fades with time. They will eventually lose interest in each other. It's mature love that holds couples together.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Angbakpa(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Gullible for processing what is written as is written, really? undecided

I'm sure you're not a Christian nor are you a Muslim. You're an atheist maybe. But thread carefully is my advice.
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Kobojunkiee: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2022
Angbakpa:
I'm sure you're not a Christian nor are you a Muslim. You're an atheist maybe. But thread carefully is my advice.
Again...Gullible for processing what is written as is written, really? undecided
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by mikkyjay(m): 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2022
Wande22:
As i dey so, the level Of toxicity wey dey my marriage, even if you wear 10 hazmat suits, you will Be "exposed"

Hahahaha brother, nobi small thing oo, marriage wahala no dey ever finish.
My own sef ee, in fact at times I feel like running away to were nobody will find me.
Like one of my old friend will always say 'this thing is not supposed to be for life"
Las Las, na because of children person still dey here o
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Wande22(m): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
mikkyjay:

My own sef ee, in fact at times I feel like running away to were nobody will find me.
Like one of my old friend will always say 'this thing is not supposed to be for life"
hehehehehe i think Say na only Me o
Especially if she get small change for hand
Re: When Marriage Becomes Toxic. by Kobojunkiee: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2022
mikkyjay:

Wande22:
hehehehehe i think Say na only Me o
Especially if she get small change for hand
Have you both considered Professional marriage counseling in order to help you better understand the problem in your marriages? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Tattooed Her Son's Face On Her Back (Photo) / Make The Sweetest Healthy Zobo Without Sugar. / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.