Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly (8494 Views)

UK Plans To Deport 29,000 Nigerians / 220,000 Nigerians Apply For U.S. Visa In 2014 – U.S. Embassy / 1,000 Nigerians To Be Deported From Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by londoner: 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2011
Well, it does not say which type of visa. How many of them are student visas?

Is there a record which shows how many visa applications to the US are made by other countries around the world?
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by benzion72(m): 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2011
Cool cash for American treasury. everybody want to run away from their root. They want to enter a new life in God own country. They have forgotten that The United States  the  giant republic of the west was build with sweat and blood by men of like passion and it did not drop from the sky.

If the States was left to the government to build it will be worst than Nigeria. But we have left our own nation in the hand of few politician to build and when things goes wrong we blame our politician. Great nation are built by people and not the government.

Nigerian your children are not ready to build you. Though you are bless with all natural resources, they prefer to go and serve as hewer of wood and fetchers of water in a strange land ooh Nigeria i weep for you.
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by runsgirl: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2011
Guess the grass is always greener on the other side thats why everyone wants to run to Obama land
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by stunna2(m): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2011
pDude:

@sexkillz- from a critical analysis of you, I can infer the following:
1. Your papa's pepper don rest
2. You grow up in a botty home, within a botty neighbourhood and went to botty schools and associated with only fellow bottys.
3. You have definitely travelled outside Nigeria several times and obtaining a visa isn't a big deal for you.
4. You have always reaped the benefits of being a botty, hence you have not the slightest idea what hardship is.

Shey I lie?

It takes being a lifelong botty to talk like you do. See as you even fresh, come dey smile happily for your profile pix: THE LOOK OF THE PROSPEROUS NIGERIAN.

very astute observations about the way this sexkillz kid talks and the association that might have with his background, nonetheless, he  looks like just another average Canadian kid next door to me!! smh

nigeria elevates the ordinary to the fantastic and kids in secondary school here drive a million naira cars bought with their part time job earnings and still dont claim to be from weather homes and some of then travel half the world on their own dime by the time they are 25 and still do not see themselves as wealthy!

the average life expectancy in naija is 46/47 for male /female respectively and it's lower than that of somalia -yet, people like this guy come here to run their mouths about how great nigeria is!! nigerians in nigeria will serve a white person 1st in a restaurant b4 a black fellow nigerian and here i see the white man as my equal and forces him to see that too, yet the shameless unconscious idiots back home thinks that i am the slave because of my geographical location

plz guys lets leave this whole name calling out of the debate here, since we have better reasoning capacity than yall due to being better informed and better educated, better fed and living in a more generally healthier environment, so, our say must count better than yours!!

i can by choice come there to live anytime i want but that can not be said for yall who come to america with a visa; so what makes yall superior to us, ??

when u r looking ur best in nigeria, you look the same way i would on a day when im tired here!

my tv has close to 1000stations but i consider that as average

and my high speed internet runs at close to 20mb per second and has been on none stop for the past 15years! my life as an average hard working canadian is so much more advanced than urs that you would find it hard to believe im not a thief like many rich nigerians! everything is relative, yes, but although i do not see u as a slave, u want to see me as such because i live 6000kilometers away from u with mostly white people by choice!!

so lets put it all out and lets see why you people breathing ur supper polluted air has a better life than we do, okay!!

im waitng for any one who wants to respond and tell me how his rich or wealthy life in nigeria is better than my average life in america,

if my wife has a baby and spends 3days in hospital, it will cost $25,000 times N160 of ur money = N4,000.000 AND ITS AN AVERAGE BIRTH:
so with a average child starting off with that kind of birth here, under what circumstances will a child in naija with a similar average life becomes better

if there is a secret life yall have that we do not know about, an X factor that make you better than us, pls let it all hang now!!

this wealthy life i hear about, are you wealthier because you need to go get clean water from a thousand mills away and can do so if and when u want but i on the other hand have that clean water inside my house and dont need to travel to get it??

wealth is a state of mind n u  only appear to be wealthy because too many people around you are poor! here, u would just be another average nobody sexkillz

in a country where you buy a beetle car and hire a driver to drive u around as a rich man when people would appear stupid and lazy here if they hire a driver to drive them around unless they were movie stars in stretch limos??
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by White007(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
$tunna:

very astute observations about the way this sexkillz kid talks and the association that might have with his background, nonetheless, he  looks like just another average Canadian kid next door to me!! smh

nigeria elevates the ordinary to the fantastic and kids in secondary school here drive a million naira cars bought with their part time job earnings and still dont claim to be from weather homes and some of then travel half the world on their own dime by the time they are 25 and still do not see themselves as wealthy!

the average life expectancy in naija is 46/47 for male /female respectively and it's lower than that of somalia -yet, people like this guy come here to run their mouths about how great nigeria is!! nigerians in nigeria will serve a white person 1st in a restaurant b4 a black fellow nigerian and here i see the white man as my equal and forces him to see that too, yet the shameless unconscious idiots back home thinks that i am the slave because of my geographical location

plz guys lets leave this whole name calling out of the debate here, since we have better reasoning capacity than yall due to being better informed and better educated, better fed and living in a more generally healthier environment, so, our say must count better than yours!!

i can by choice come there to live anytime i want but that can not be said for yall who come to america with a visa; so what makes yall superior to us, ??

when u r looking your best in nigeria, you look the same way i would on a day when im tired here!

my tv has close to 1000stations but i consider that as average

and my high speed internet runs at close to 20mb per second and has been on none stop for the past 15years! my life as an average hard working canadian is so much more advanced than urs that you would find it hard to believe im not a thief like many rich nigerians! everything is relative, yes, but although i do not see u as a slave, u want to see me as such because i live 6000kilometers away from u with mostly white people by choice!!

so lets put it all out and lets see why you people breathing your supper polluted air has a better life than we do, okay!!

im waitng for any one who wants to respond and tell me how his rich or wealthy life in nigeria is better than my average life in america,

if my wife has a baby and spends 3days in hospital, it will cost $25,000 times N160 of your money = N4,000.000 AND ITS AN AVERAGE BIRTH:
so with a average child starting off with that kind of birth here, under what circumstances will a child in naija with a similar average life becomes better

if there is a secret life yall have that we do not know about, an X factor that make you better than us, pls let it all hang now!!

this wealthy life i hear about, are you wealthier because you need to go get clean water from a thousand mills away and can do so if and when u want but i on the other hand have that clean water inside my house and dont need to travel to get it??

wealth is a state of mind n u  only appear to be wealthy because too many people around you are poor! here, u would just be another average nobody sexkillz

in a country where you buy a beetle car and hire a driver to drive u around as a rich man when people would appear silly and lazy here if they hire a driver to drive them around unless they were movie stars in stretch limos??

+1

Thank you Bruv. You Couldn't have said it better.
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by hispy99(m): 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2011
blink182:

Lets remove sentiments, is living like a slave in america not better than living like a king in nigeria?

So you would prefer to be serving burger at burger king in New York City to being the CEO at GTB?  I wish you luck o
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by eghost247(m): 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2011
hispy99:

So you would prefer to be serving burger at burger king in New York City to being the CEO at GTB?  I wish you luck o
hahahahahaha
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by freshng: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2011
which type of visa?
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by benzion72(m): 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2011
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry

It is my personal opinion and choice to leave in Nigeria where nature has created me and seek always to make it a better place to leave and make it a better habitation for the generation to come. In my life time I will never surrender my liberty to wash plate, serve as a night guard or Gardner  for Caucasian race.
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by prefers555: 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ola2u, its obvious u enslaving who. The british colonised for up to five decade, they didnt steal up to a billion dollar. Your people took over and in less than 2 decades, it is reported ur leaders have stole close to $100 billion, here u are  grin applauding your leaders for looting and keeping everything to themselves and unborn generation. Obviously, you are what i call an   A-LIST RETARD!!!! grin
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by benzion72(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Prefers555 Who told you British don't loot. Is looting, stealing, embezzlement Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa words they are English and anything that has a word in language it is in their culture, norms and value. For your information British are more wicked than our present rulers. Give yourself wisdom all money stole from Africa Nigeria inclusive where does it end Is it not in Europe and America
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by manny4life(m): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2011
benzion72:

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry

It is my personal opinion and choice to leave in Nigeria where nature has created me and seek always to make it a better place to leave and make it a better habitation for the generation to come. In my life time I will never surrender my liberty to wash plate, serve as a night guard or Gardner  for Caucasian race.

Yeah I can see how that liberty is really treating you; second/third class citizen in your own country. Shouldn't you be proud of it? Like @$tunna stated, wealth, liberty, abstract things are perception if the mind. That you serve as night guard or wash dishes don't mean you lost your liberty after all the white chefs who cook for the black folks, what have they to say for this. I guess you can subject yourself to a white folk in an office setting but not wash plates? Please leave you racial sentiments and hold a grip on your thoughts

hispy99:

Compare apples with apples, how about being a CEO of Bank of America?
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by deotelan(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2011
If the Americans are really serious they can as well help to find a lasting solution to this endemic to Nigeria epileptic power failure thing!
The most unrealistic and foolish statement made so far on line from a brain drained Nigerian!
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by hispy99(m): 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2011
manny4life:

Yeah I can see how that liberty is really treating you; second/third class citizen in your own country. Shouldn't you be proud of it? Like @$tunna stated, wealth, liberty, abstract things are perception if the mind. That you serve as night guard or wash dishes don't mean you lost your liberty after all the white chefs who cook for the black folks, what have they to say for this. I guess you can subject yourself to a white folk in an office setting but not wash plates? Please leave you racial sentiments and hold a grip on your thoughts

Compare apples with apples, how about being a CEO of Bank of America?

Maybe you should read the guy's original post.  He said it was better to be a slave in America than a king in Nigeria.  The CEO of Bank of America is certainly not living like a slave, except your definition of a slave is someone that clocks $2M a year. http://people.forbes.com/profile/brian-t-moynihan/10059
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by dayokanu(m): 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by member479760: 8:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
the daily darkness alone is enough for person to run from this country! selling visa no good business for whiteman.
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by benzion72(m): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
We do take for granted that Electricity, GSM, Computers, Internet and other life convinence are the brain child of some individual like us. Who made a our world better than they meet it. Instead of joining this noble soul and make our world better we run away toying the path of least resistance and die unsung in strange land. The land of my fathers where my dead are buried Africa Nigeria home forever.
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by AjanleKoko: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
One thing though.
100,000 Nigerians cannot literally translate to unique applications.
On average a visa appointment right now takes about 2-3 months from time of application. Even with the low refusal rate (about 33%), there will be repeat applications, no-shows, etc. I think Mr Ambassador was just generalizing.
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by YoruIgbo(m): 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2011
Nigeria problem is not solvable I guess that why people are looking for escape route. Corruption is our way of life
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by stunna2(m): 9:39pm On Aug 12, 2011
hispy99:

fool with small mind, can you not be a CEO of something great in NY?? when you talk to us, you actually still pretend that we are all  the same as all the NOBODIES SURROUNDING U THAT MAKES UR LIFE LOOKS SO GREAT TO U OVER THERE?

ur silly question is same as asking the last 'Governator of Cali if he prefers life in the USA lifting weights than being a CEO in Austria

put it this way, dude just because you visit america dont mean you either understand or live the american life!!

the safety of hand me down CEO in naija to a life of adventure in the great USA??

either way, reality check says life is hard for everyone!! we refuse to worship at ur feet because of ur old money because new money can be as good or even better than old money, and i do not know about u and ur CEO business, but i can truly say that the world is mine with my american passport!!

in case u dont know; as americans we dont give a f.u.c k about anyone or anywhere else in the world because AMERICA IS THE WORLD and untill anyone can say otherwise, so shall it be!! we see through the way u think because you try to copy our world view and therefore ur way of thinking is an imitation of ours!!

ur opinions r just a recycled version of our world-view, u feel me yo

TELL ME WHY UR WEALTHY LIFE IN NAIJA IS BETTER THAN MY AVERAGE LIFE HERE IN AMERICA, I'M WAITING N IM SURE ALL THE READERS R WAITING TO HEAR IT, !!!!!! i'm an average american n if u think all we do is flip burggers then u r even more clueless than i may have 1st thought!
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by benzion72(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
in case u dont know; as americans we dont give a f.u.c k about anyone or anywhere else in the world because AMERICA IS THE WORLD and untill anyone can say otherwise, so shall it be!! we see through the way u think because you try to copy our world view and therefore your way of thinking is an imitation of ours!!

Whenever I here these American Brags I laugh. How will America survive the load of her National Debit, recently they have housing problem, they are managing credit card debit problem, America still have 15 Trillion Dollar debit to pay their ten generation can never pay back. If the debit burst it is going to a be a catastrophe for the whole world see below:

"Gross debt has increased by over $500 billion each year since fiscal year (FY) 2003, with increases of $1 trillion in FY2008, $1.9 trillion in FY2009, and $1.7 trillion in FY2010.[3] As of August 3, 2011, the gross debt was $14.34 trillion dollars, of which $9.78 trillion was held by the public and $4.56 trillion was intragovernmental holdings.[4] The annual gross domestic product (GDP) to the end of June 2011 was $15.003 trillion (July 29, 2011 estimate),[5] with gross debt at a ratio of 96% of GDP, and debt held by the public at 65% of GDP"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by stunna2(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2011
benzion72:

in ur thinking is africa's backwardness dude!!  who will think of going to Mars and meeting aliens that maybe powerful and enslave you with this kind of thinking well, lets all just hide here on earth because this is the planet that god gave us to farm and care for!!

OBAMA IS A LIVING TESTAMENT TO THE SMALL MAN WAY OF YOUR VIEWING THE WORLD!
dude, some of us will build starships and travel to the stars and face what is there, but then some of you stay put with what u know, it dont mean u are better than us!!  dont be a victim of ur own self imposed faulty world view

are u better than the white people who serve me in restaurants and do my dishes after i eat? or it only is a crime if a black man does it?  

PROVE THAT UR WEALTHY LIFE IN NAIJA IS BETTER THAN MY AVERAGE AMERICAN LIFE, im waiting,
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2011
[size=15pt]I think it's crazy, I meet Americans daily and i found out that there are also poor people there. It's about time people realize that wealth lies inside of you and not in some green pasture.

@ Benzion, The Total American debt burden now amounts to $500,000 us per head including a new born baby. I cannot imagine that debt being repaid. There's no way the American government is gonna pay back that money. The American economy is at a brink of collapse and the world is now looking for a substitute reserve currency besides the Dollars.[/size]
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by hispy99(m): 10:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
$tunna:

fool with small mind, can you not be a CEO of something great in NY?? when you talk to us, you actually still pretend that we are all  the same as all the NOBODIES SURROUNDING U THAT MAKES your LIFE LOOKS SO GREAT TO U OVER THERE?

[b]your silly question is same [/b]as asking the last 'Governator of Cali if he prefers life in the USA lifting weights than being a CEO in Austria

put it this way, dude just because you visit america dont mean you either understand or live the american life!!

the safety of hand me down CEO in naija to a life of adventure in the great USA??

either way, reality check says life is hard for everyone!! we refuse to worship at your feet because of your old money because new money can be as good or even better than old money, and i do not know about u and your CEO business, but i can truly say that the world is mine with my american passport!!

in case u dont know; as americans we dont give a f.u.c k about anyone or anywhere else in the world because AMERICA IS THE WORLD and untill anyone can say otherwise, so shall it be!! we see through the way u think because you try to copy our world view and therefore your way of thinking is an imitation of ours!!

your opinions r just a recycled version of our world-view, u feel me yo

TELL ME WHY your WEALTHY LIFE IN NAIJA IS BETTER THAN MY AVERAGE LIFE HERE IN AMERICA, I'M WAITING N IM SURE ALL THE READERS R WAITING TO HEAR IT, !!!!!! i'm an average american n if u think all we do is flip burggers then u r even more clueless than i may have 1st thought!

@ $tun[/b]n[b]a:

You are obviously not very bright; you must have tuna fish in your head instead of brain cells.  My post was in response to a previous post, where the poster said it was better to be a slave in the U.S than to live like a king in Nigeria. I then responded with my post, because I would prefer to live like a king in Nigeria than to be a slave in the U.S. I won't be surprised if you prefer it the other way round, to which I wish you good luck.

Next time, get the full picture before you write a whole lot of nonsense.
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by stunna2(m): 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
benzion72:

Whenever I here these American Brags I laugh. How will America survive the load of her National Debit, recently they have housing problem, they are managing credit card debit problem, America still have 15 Trillion Dollar debit to pay their ten generation can never pay back. If the debit burst it is going to a be a catastrophe for the whole world see below:

"Gross debt has increased by over $500 billion each year since fiscal year (FY) 2003, with increases of $1 trillion in FY2008, $1.9 trillion in FY2009, and $1.7 trillion in FY2010.[3] As of August 3, 2011, the gross debt was $14.34 trillion dollars, of which $9.78 trillion was held by the public and $4.56 trillion was intragovernmental holdings.[4] The annual gross domestic product (GDP) to the end of June 2011 was $15.003 trillion (July 29, 2011 estimate),[5] with gross debt at a ratio of 96% of GDP, and debt held by the public at 65% of GDP"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt

please look at the bolded from u,
ONLY REASON THIS CAN HAPPEN IS because LIKE I SAID, AMERICA IS THE WORLD!! u r more clueless than i thought dude, but its all good because for all i know, u may still b a good person with bad views, lolzzz!! so stay blessed!
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by romeo(m): 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2011
i
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 13, 2011
deotelan:

If the Americans are really serious they can as well help to find a lasting solution to this endemic to Nigeria epileptic power failure thing!
The most unrealistic and foolish statement made so far on line from a brain drained Nigerian!
Arrogant air head Nigerian! You can stay in your darkness. I used the word IF because the electricity problem is becoming unsolvable in the country. You can die in darkness as far you don't need help from those who know better! Buffoon !
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by Lexusgs430: 3:46am On Aug 13, 2011
Which other countries visa, would we apply for ? Iran, Iraq of Afganistan ?
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by ceasyc(f): 4:42am On Aug 13, 2011
^^^ afghan will do grin grin grin

but if its true then thats crazy - 100,000 WEEKLY TO DO WHAT NA

where all of dem dey go? i tot d economy over there is bad. R DEY BEING DRIVEN AWAY FROM THEIR HOME COUNTRY NIGERIA?

and d analysis of visa fee weekly/yearly is outrageously high/shocking. dem americans r making cool money from dem 9ja fooools

especially d ones dat r refused visas n keeps applying n losing giving away their money

DUMBARSES
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by tttonero: 5:13am On Aug 13, 2011
The problem lies within the people of Nigeria.
There are to many poorly uneducated Nigerians.
Offspring are produced, who only produce more uneducated children.
The cycle continues, low paid jobs is all that awaits you.

Just look at the English skills of some posters in this thread.
I rest my case, why does so many people want to leave Nigeria ?
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by Lax75(m): 5:25am On Aug 13, 2011
100,000 Nigerians apply for US visas weekly? Wow! To come to "no man's land of America" (like my Mom loves to label it). It's all good. Once you get to Yanks, you will see that it's not all that o. The only thing this place is good for: (1) Come here and get some good education (2) Get some very good experience (3) Get that blue passport which enables you to travel to a good 80% of the world w/out having to apply for Visas (opening the world to you for business opportunities), once you have gotten these, move back to Nigeria (No place like Home) and make a change! !
Re: 100,000 Nigerians Apply For Us Visa Weekly by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 13, 2011
tttonero:

The problem lies within the people of Nigeria.
There are to many poorly uneducated Nigerians.
Offspring are produced, who only produce more uneducated children.
The cycle continues, low paid jobs is all that awaits you.

Just look at the English skills of some posters in this thread.
I rest my case, why does so many people want to leave Nigeria ?

Look at your sentence clearly, Mr. educated! That's not the issue with the epileptic electricity and, the reason why people are leaving the country.Well educated Nigerians are leaving the country as well.

Sorry, forum has never been a yard stick in measuring any nation educated rate or how well they are educated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving / Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport / 14 Things To Do Before And After A Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.