Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly (18134 Views)

How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? / Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? / 5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Balistic4: 5:32pm On Feb 05
lovinhubby2wife:
what distance do you cover on average with this kind of consumption? I dey follow person reason one es350 here at the moment.
about 65km daily
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Balistic4: 5:33pm On Feb 05
Beverlyjean:

Better continue with lexus... BM is not a car for Nigeria
Well, I partly agree with you, but I will treat it like a baby, hopefully, it won't fail that much
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:41pm On Feb 05
15 - 20k a week 🤨
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by mine85(m): 5:57pm On Feb 05
vastolord4:
I don't even budget it anymore.. i just do what i need to do to stay afloat! you need to drive out to some important locations, school run, market to buy for the month and parking the car for long is bad as well. I go to church n work by public transportation.. there are just some inevitable things you need the car for

This fuel has shown me shege. I do only school run and spend 10 to 12k. Weekly, it has not been funny.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Princewell2012(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05
Justdare:
cryBetween 60 and 70k weekly.
R
cry
Is it with Gen and cooking gas?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Princewell2012(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05
GeneralZodd:
Every week 40k 2 times in a week. = 80k

80k × 4 weeks

= 320k every month

Tinubu is really punishing Nigerians
I wonder why people have not hit the street with protest

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Skyehigher1: 6:31pm On Feb 05
50k weekly
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Princewell2012(m): 6:32pm On Feb 05
Habeyy:
18 to 20k weekly

Monday to Saturday
Honestly my mind they cut as I dey read this things.
Even do fuel my tiger Gen to do my work is very difficult.
May God help his children.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Princewell2012(m): 6:48pm On Feb 05
lozanni:

Most Lagosians living on the mainland, but work on the Island spend, on the average, 30k per week as fueling costs.
Many have resorted to leaving their rides at home and joining the blue rail line which is faster and can reduce commuting costs to about 10k per week.
Also, many are on the Gotv package now where they go for the cheaper packages of between 3k to 6k per month.
Many who are on NEPA's prepaid meter billing system are also cost conscious now as they don't leave the lights in unoccupied rooms on and have changed their bulbs to low energy bulb, use more recent electrical appliances, refrigerators and Air conditioners, that consume less power. For those still on estimated billing system, sorry is your second name.
Also Generators, when used, are usually on between 8pm to 11pm to allow children do their homework and other chores, listen to the news and also cool stored soup and stew in the refrigerator so that the do not go sour when NEPA disappoints.
The above, and many more, are strategies the working class are using to cope with the tough times.
we are on the estimated bill. This January they brought 96, 000 without even seeing the light. We are begging them to come and remove the wire.
Buhari said we are going to miss him, we all thought it is a lie. Many people said God fobid that we should
Miss Buhari. This man is not even up to one year in office. Believe me Nigerians in a deep soup.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Femeto: 7:04pm On Feb 05
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by vastolord4(m): 7:10pm On Feb 05
mine85:

This fuel has shown me shege. I do only school run and spend 10 to 12k. Weekly, it has not been funny.

Lol.. na te school de run me now

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Theoarhics: 7:17pm On Feb 05
ZAddyMaGista:

Do you buy the fuel yourself or your company fuels it?

I do. I'm a freelance rep. I own my company
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Sleekfingers: 7:26pm On Feb 05
Around 40-45k per week. , sometimes more than that.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Zannix(m): 7:56pm On Feb 05
Only school run for now...10k a week.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Bullfallo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 05
magzey:
I spent N11,000 on weekly basis just from home to my work place and nothing more. Is truly a big challenge to me I could have prefer to go by other means but my work take me to almost midnight that's why is not easy at all.
It is well by the grace of God
with the amount how many KM or miles. Besides which car that
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by otosa(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05
56K every week V6.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Medici777: 8:59pm On Feb 05
Dantepet5000:
I just calculated the amount I spend on fuel per week and its #15,000. Imagine. During Jonahs regime is was #5,000... I never even talk of generator fuel and cooking gas oh. See Nepa bill, dstv & other utilities....in this Nigeria we will soon understand why some people venture into crim

You most likely don’t live in Lagos. I spend circa 40k.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Justdare: 9:01pm On Feb 05
Princewell2012:

Is it with Gen and cooking gas?

cheesy
grin
That is about 100 liters of petrol my friend. Most weeks I need more. Ipaja to Lekki 6 times in a week plus plenty hours in traffic. Do the math bro. The street is not smiling.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Omoa1: 9:05pm On Feb 05
£75 every 10 days😁
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by lozanni(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05
Princewell2012:
we are on the estimated bill. This January they brought 96, 000 without even seeing the light. We are begging them to come and remove the wire.
Buhari said we are going to miss him, we all thought it is a lie. Many people said God fobid that we should
Miss Buhari. This man is not even up to one year in office. Believe me Nigerians in a deep soup.

96 k ! This is truly outrageous. I am sure you might be living in a flat and not a whole house.
Buhari saw tomorrow, its so sad.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by LOVEGINO(m): 11:52pm On Feb 05
Day169:

'Promax' you mean!
.. but we'll survive it, Bro. cool
promax remix grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24am On Feb 06
GeneralZodd:
Every week 40k 2 times in a week. = 80k

80k × 4 weeks

= 320k every month

Tinubu is really punishing Nigerians

This should bring your cost down to about ₦96k per month.

You should consider it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_s3wfQAuOY?si=fFG-oxlECqdmn9B_

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25am On Feb 06
mine85:

You can do more with CNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_s3wfQAuOY?si=fFG-oxlECqdmn9B_

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by looseweight: 7:03am On Feb 06
nedekid:

How is that possible? Except your job is within 1km from your home.
Warming an suv for 10mins daily without it driving will burn 18k weekly. Lol

I purposely bought 2004 corolla for my work things. My place of work is 18 mins drive from home and it's along the expressway. Except in an special assignment that needs me to be mobile, 18k does it.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by UnemployedGradu: 7:25am On Feb 06
Godfullsam:

I do follow staff bus some times.

I use Honda civic- very merciful, loyal and considerate car grin.
Sell your car to me
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by UnemployedGradu: 7:26am On Feb 06
lovinhubby2wife:
I spend nothing less than 3,000naira daily on fuel. And from work place to my house is approximately 10km. Planning to start trekking right now. That's about 15k weekly. My motor they chop fuel nor be small - 5litres of fuel for a 20km journey is crazy.
say the car brand
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by UnemployedGradu: 7:31am On Feb 06
magzey:
I spent N11,000 on weekly basis just from home to my work place and nothing more. Is truly a big challenge to me I could have prefer to go by other means but my work take me to almost midnight that's why is not easy at all.
It is well by the grace of God
are you a medical doctor?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by oyeb15: 8:57am On Feb 06
I need solar powered vehicle. Nigeria Mechanicalengineers are very lazy
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Dwightventures(m): 10:23am On Feb 06
Medici777:

You most likely don’t live in Lagos. I spend circa 40k.

Haha. Did you check the date of the post? Fuel was 160 naira then
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Dwightventures(m): 10:32am On Feb 06
I have refused working for others for many reasons. One of them is this that's panning out well for me.

I don't do weekly fuel outlay check. My car is for utilitarian reasons. I only drive 3 times a month or less and I would estimate I spend 10k to 15k a month. The rest of the time I use public transport which if you check now, is far cheaper than using private car; the difference wasn't that great before.

If there was water where I live, that would have been even less, because I have to drive long distances to get water in jerry cans to use. Whenever I do drive, I average 40km round trip and I choose the route and the time for minimum traffic.

Cheers everyone.
NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE!
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by adekanmbi1986(m): 5:45pm On Feb 06
Dantepet5000:
I just calculated the amount I spend on fuel per week and its #15,000. Imagine. During Jonahs regime is was #5,000... I never even talk of generator fuel and cooking gas oh. See Nepa bill, dstv & other utilities....in this Nigeria we will soon understand why some people venture into crim

That means you only drive within the street and you don't drive to office daily, because that is the amount I spend if I am coming from home to office on Mondays alone. Then top it up by Tuesday morning with about 8k because I will stay some kilometers away from my workplace, and then buy another 15k on Friday evening when going home.

In a week, I spend minimum 45k for fuel because I will do some small waka by weekend.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly by Twoclans(f): 8:01pm On Feb 06
akeeng:
Zero. I don park am for house. I no fit afford petrol. Na leg sure me pass

Naso lipsrsealed rolls eyes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 Ferrari Facts You Should Know / What To Do When Your Brakes Fail? / Best Sitting Position To Stay Alert When Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.