Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Tech Is The New "Oil" Money - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tech Is The New "Oil" Money (34848 Views)

Baking As The New Oil Money / Tech Is The New Gold, Don't Sleep On It!! / Founder Of Mums In Tech Is A Big Name In The UK, But Her Story Started In Yaba A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by marv1: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
AutoRedux:

I work as a freelancer.

I don't mind too.
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by AutoRedux: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2022
marv1:

I don't mind too.

Of course you can. It is basically just working from home remotely for companies or individuals all around the world. Get yourself a good laptop, learn a skill or two that are in demand in today's world. Then register on Fiverr.com as a freelancer and hopefully, you will make it work. It's not gonna be easy at first but with unwavering tenacity and determination, you can make it. cool

1 Like

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by VOJA(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
... FOLLOWING.
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Kaysalas(m): 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2022
Anticrime77:

Oga forget.. I didnt even have skills in Ux design nd yet i have seen months i close deals approximately a million. Dont underate tech. Some guys are cashing out big with UI and Ux design.
Having tech skills isnt enough .. Some are masters in monetizing it nd im part of such
Boss, what tech skills EXACTLY do you have?
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Kaysalas(m): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2022
oluuae:
Learn AWS, Azure, Google Cloud. This is why Tech is the new oil money. Look at some contract jobs below.

Title: DevOps Engineer

Mode: Contract

Rate: 550 GBP/Day

Job Description:

DevOps is a culture, approach and set of practices of applying lean process improvement and automation to enable a flow of working software to its real users. This means looking across organization functions of Development and Operations that might previously have operated as separate silos. This person should create the ability to put the code into an operational state as quickly and easily as possible.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DEVOPS ENGINEER - SC & NPPV3 CLEARED

BRAND NEW CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE WITH A CLIENT IN LONDON FOR A DEVOPS ENGINEER WITH SC & NPPV3 CLEARANCE
• Contract opportunity for a DevOps Engineer
• London based client
• SC & NPPV3 Clearance is essential
• Experience working with the UK Government
• 6 month rolling contract
• Day rate up to £750pd
• To apply please call or email

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
• Kubernetes Infrastructure
• Private Cloud/ Bare Metal experience
• Infrastructure as Code with Terraform
• Working with Virtual Machines (VMware)
• Working in a Linux environment - they use Ubuntu
• CI/CD and GitOps exposure (Nice to have)
• Scripting in: Python, Bash etc.

This is a long-term project, 12 months initially with the view to extend. The team are working remotely from the UK and the day rate on offer is between £750 - £850 per day (Inside IR35). If you are interested, please apply to this position with an up-to-date copy of your CV
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DevOps is a high paying job. DevSecOps is a higher paying job. Application security pays a lot. The reason I mentioned AWS, Azure is because everything that has to do with IT is somehow connected to the cloud. Cloud computing is very important. Don't put your self under any pressure. Learn AWS.....take your time. Learn DevOps and get a good job when you have mastered the skills. There are a lot of remote jobs online but note, any job related to security, you may have to be in the country.
You can learn free online and also pay as low as 3,200 naira to buy a course on udemy. Youtube videos can teach you. A lot of jobs online.
If you need advice on how to start, I don't mind telling you.
Quoting for reference. Thanks for the insight. Where do you get these vacancies from

1 Like

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by nasiest(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2022
For those wanting to go into software engineering proper. I run an advocacy program on that and you can join this Saturday to ask all your questions.
See you there
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Immunity1555: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2022
Kizzygentle:
Actually... I need to learn this.. Please I am in my mid 30s and is it possible to learn and earn from it decently? Were do I start from as a total beginner? Can I also learn from YouTube and how long will it take me if I am very serious about it?

YOUR SOLUTION IS HERE:

Do Not Delay Your Dreams any longer!
Learn some Tech skills today that will land you a high-paying role in any part of the world.
From Beginner Stage, to Intermediate Stage and Advanced Stage.
All the Stages (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) are well structured. You will be assign to a well-trained and experienced Facilitators and Mentors that would guide you from one Stage to Another, where you will learn skill, gain experience and gain exposure. You will be working with real-life projects, you can get paid while learning the skills, you will also be linked with international career packaging and work with Global start-up.
There's a better internet service and co-working space.
We have the following learning paths(from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) that you can choose: Project Management, Frontend Development/Mobile App, Backend,Ui/Ux, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Devops/Cloud Dev, MySQL, PHP, Phyton and many more.
All that can be archieve at Bincom Global Tech Program.
To learn more and register,click this link:https://www.bincom.net/globaltech
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Immunity1555: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2022
Fedrick100:
I want to go into tech but am confused on the one to learn

CHECK THIS OUT:

Learn some Tech skills today that will land you a high-paying role in any part of the world.
All the Stages (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) are well structured. You will be assign to a well-trained and experienced Facilitators and Mentors that would guide you from one Stage to Another, where you will learn skill, gain experience and gain exposure. You will be working with real-life projects, you can get paid while learning the skills, you will also be linked with international career packaging and work with Global start-up.
We have the following learning paths(from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) that you can choose: Project Management, Frontend Development/Mobile App, Backend,Ui/Ux, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Devops/Cloud Dev, MySQL, PHP, Phyton and many more.
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Immunity1555: 11:04am On Sep 27, 2022
Skyfornia:
Time to activate my laptop and learn one or two techs.. this wealth will not pass me by.

Please list the simple money making techs one can learn in a short period of time.

PLEASE READ THIS;

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Immunity1555: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2022
Veezy4u:
Ladies and gentlemen it's better to show us road o. Some of us are here to learn ogrin

SEE THE WAY FORWARD;

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by biorlanani(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2022
Stephengee4all:
Another oil money in tech is SOFTWARE TESTING. This pays like tomorrow no de, it's only few know about this

Please how can you assist in learning software testing or any help you can render to assist, I am so much interested in software testing but don't know how and where to start
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by biorlanani(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2022
Kaysalas:

Quoting for reference. Thanks for the insight. Where do you get these vacancies from

Please sir, I need advice on how to start and been my mentor , will be so much glad and I reside in lagos
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Kaysalas(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2022
biorlanani:

Please sir, I need advice on how to start and been my mentor , will be so much glad and I reside in lagos
Me self never start. Na quote I quote do guy.
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Mide3367: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
Kizzygentle:
Actually... I need to learn this.. Please I am in my mid 30s and is it possible to learn and earn from it decently? Were do I start from as a total beginner? Can I also learn from YouTube and how long will it take me if I am very serious about it?
yes you can.. Reach ayo 09025252652 on whatsapp
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by sammyobi584: 7:20am On Oct 18, 2022
SirJerrie:

I read Banking and Finance.
Working towards getting my CCNA certification next month....
I'm currently on internship with a start-up Coy that offers Currently working for a Start-up that offers MPLS, VPN,Metro Link Service,Hybrid Cloud,Voice Solution,Managed Services,Web Conference Application Solution Etc.

I had zero-background in IT.
If you want to start, there's absolutely nothing stopping you!!

How did you learn all these please

1 Like

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by geniusjames(m): 5:52am On Oct 19, 2022
Kizzygentle:

What part of tech are you and are u earning from it too?

iOS development, and yes I earn from it. I have a full-time job. Two actually (LOL)

1 Like

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Kizzygentle: 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
geniusjames:

iOS development, and yes I earn from it. I have a full-time job. Two actually (LOL)
Wow.. Did u learn it online
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Oshin56(m): 6:16am On Oct 21, 2022
geniusjames:

sir, please did you learn it online and I don't mind if you can be of help ?
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by OmodavidoX(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2022
Good morning, please I am about to purchase this course below. Also, once I buy it, will I have access to the course for life or there is a time frame for it.

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by turmacs(f): 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
Skyfornia:
Time to activate my laptop and learn one or two techs.. this wealth will not pass me by.

Please list the simple money making techs one can learn in a short period of time.
How fa na? How has the activation been?
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by turmacs(f): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
kenny714433:
shocked

My little experience in tech space has made me realise it's the big deal.

So I went out to learn Data Analysis to up my skills, I am now good in excel and Power BI. I haven't made any money from Data Analysis yet but I'm still working on getting there.

What I need now is a mentor in the field who can show me the way. In case there's anyone willing to help, I'm a fast learner and you won't regret having me.

Meanwhile, the money my classmates have made from 3D animation, I don't think I have seen any government worker earning like that. Just his PC costs him almost 2 million. He owns 2 luxury cars with his own duplex. And a young guy of 25yrs at most....
Modified: Any tech guy that works for Nigerian firm is either ignorant or plain stupid. So the issue of underpayment is out of it.
How is the journey going?
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by turmacs(f): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2023
Petersamuel8:
God help me, just praying I don't give up on this web development stuff
How far na? Abi you don give up? smiley
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by kenny714433(m): 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
turmacs:
How is the journey going?

It's kinda tough but we keep going. Are you into tech?
Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by patthebulb: 10:11am On Apr 22
My Journey in Tech: From Customer Service to Product Design
[img][/img]
We are very invested in the success stories of our students at The Bulb Fellowship Program, and this week, we spoke with Joseph Etim, who has transitioned from a Customer Service Manager to a Product Designer after the fellowship program with us at The Bulb.

Joseph's passion for technology led him to embark on an incredible journey from a customer service manager to a thriving Product Designer. He had a flair for designing and wanted to learn further and make money from it.

Joseph “had a friend who had gone through the fellowship program and the testimonials from the excos were also great”. He spent some time weighing his options and “he felt like it was the perfect place” to enrol.

Joseph shared his motivation for interest in Product Design and stated that he “had a little experience in design but he wanted to get better and see how they always turned out very great students”. He also “wanted to have a one-on-one interactive experience with somebody who had been in the field” and that is one of the perks of the fellowship program at the Bulb. We go beyond traditional teaching and engage our students with hands-on experience on real-life projects, and guidance from experienced tutors, giving them the confidence they need after graduation.

Joseph went through his course, and was not just the best in his class but also, began to train other people in Product Design, for him, “it was a good part for me because I had this penchant for training people right from my secondary school to my university days”

Joseph recalls his training experience as “interesting. I met very amazing people and made friends with my classmates, made friends with my facilitator and there was so much support from the community manager and the staff are always trying to get an update on your learning. There were surveys to gauge how you were faring to know if you were getting your money’s worth”.

Joseph also describes the training hub as “a safe haven”, he “spent 70% of my time here, I'm always here early and I don't leave even after classes because it's more convenient to stay here and learn. The internet access is fabulous too”

Speaking on his favourite project during his training, Joseph shared that “one of my best projects involved creating a mobile app where people can order for meals but aside from the fact that people can order food on this app, they can track their dietary intake”. Joseph shares that this is only one of the several solutions that were created with his input during his fellowship Program at The Bulb.

Post graduation, Joseph is now training students at The Bulb as a certified product designer and working in Blockchain as a designer for Web3.

Just like Joseph, you can have a smooth and easy transition. Apply now for the Fellowship Program and take the first step toward your dream career in tech. Also, The Bulb is presently giving 10 million naira in scholarship for fellowship with us and this could be a great opportunity to enrol at a subsidized rate and kickstart your journey. Find out more, we can’t wait to meet you!

Re: Tech Is The New "Oil" Money by Hahjascho(m): 6:42pm On Apr 22
Aremson14:
Studied biochem working in one of the biggest tech companies in Africa.... excellent work culture and amazing people I'm working with. Tech market cannot be saturated... the number of people that can actually deliver are very few... start today, its a plus for u,,, put it on ur cv and jump into the 10 percent of any application
Hello bro… I will like to move to the tech space…how can you help?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Boss Calls Me All The Time. / Man Dies In Enugu As Foundation At A Construction Site Collapses On Him (Graphic / Lady Who Rehabilitated A Destitute Losses Her Job, See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.