Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer (30575 Views)

Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi / Patrick Obahiagbon Gets Senatorial Ticket After Kneeling Down To Beg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Khaysee: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2022
Pdp betrayed wike
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Salvador1: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
post=116942366:

They promised him Senate president
the way they promised ngige in 2015 and okorocha in 2019.
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Omodua(m): 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
BATified2023:
igbos n delusion

The big guns know for sure it’s between tinubu n atiku,it is u inconsequential nincoompoops that are seeing your pandora as a man that matters

U don ever see any reasonable person talk about your pandora before?
You see how Petty you're? Why mentioning Igbo's instead of subject matter. Anyway, you're a tribalist and ethnic evanchist. Just like your principal.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Biggie999(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lol
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by toneroforever(m): 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2022
BATified2023:
igbos n delusion

The big guns know for sure it’s between tinubu n atiku,it is u inconsequential nincoompoops that are seeing your pandora as a man that matters

U don ever see any reasonable person talk about your pandora before?

If Tinubu were to be ur father, would u advise him to run this race? The guy is just too frail to withstand the rigours of the office & that's the last thing this bleeding nation needs at the moment. Have mercy on him nah

1 Like

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Blaqputin(m): 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
With Due respect, Sometimes am always tempted to say GOV. Nyesom Wike talks too much like a baby, a little child who just started putting words together. Chattering away, lost in an undisturb ecstasy realm created for himself, mindless of the chaos in the world.

No matter how right he is on this Ayu's chairmanship matter. With my small experience in life, one doesnt have to keep approaching every little matter in an aggressive way, 'Gbas gbos' here and there. Talking Non-challantly without any form of control,decorum and modesty

It will always end up with more enemies queueing behind the already enough ones, People not taking you serious. And lots of betrayers.

The Election will come and go, the spotlight will die off eventually. The only thing left will be just wike and lots of enemies.

He should shut up and be denied a Constitutional regional right, he is the governor of rivers state so him get mouth
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by frankson1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
mrvitalis:
The truth is APC have nothing to offer wike ... absolutely nothing backing APC would mean his governorship candidate would most likely lose

Tinubu can't ask Ameachi candidate to step down for wikes candidate for his own ambition

The only person wike can have a deal with is labour party ... because wike knows that working for obi would get his Candidate favour in the minds of Obidients

Not having a structure is obi biggest advantage in this coming election

So obidients will now vote for Wike's candidate instead of LP's candidate undecided kwantinu..
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by LegendHero(m): 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
Omodua:
Stop running down others.

Your mannequin or senile Tinubu is better than Peter Obi who is vibrant and mobile, abi?

You must be a kid and hustler. Otherwise you should have known the state Tinubu is now can't embrace the challenge facing the nation.

I am sorry for you!

I don’t discuss with GCE candidates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by LegendHero(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
VULCAN:
I am from Rivers.

We hate APC with passion.

You can't get 25% there.

Magnus Abe and Amaechi have done their best and it has yielded little to change the minds of the people.

The Rivers APC legislators in Abuja all defected from PDP for their personal interest.

The people are going to quit them next year

Why did Buhari got 25% in Rivers in 2019? Do they not hate APC in 2019 when that happened?

All of you are clowns. You don’t understand political structure.

Let me tell you how it works. If Wike agrees to Tinubu demands and support him, Tinubu will get 25% in Rivers very easy.

This is what is called political structure.

—Do you see all those ward chairmen, PDP leaders in each LG, and appointees of Wike. They have their localities and they have a lot of people in those localities that depend on them.

In those localities, if for example someone need school fees for his children, he meet those PDP guys. If police arrest their child, he need those PDP giys, and etc.

So if those guys tell those that depend on them that in this election, this is where we are going so we can survive. They will do their bidding. They see politics like normal 9-5job. They are different from other voters who are like youths and etc trying to vote based on their own thinking.

So if Wike give the order and tell them the benefit of voting Tinubu, they will easily mobilize their base and give him that minimum in rivers.

Those people are different from people like you. They are career politician and their daily bread depend on them being close to the corridor of power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by mrvitalis(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
frankson1:

So obidients will now vote for Wike's candidate instead of LP's candidate undecided kwantinu..
Obidient are not in labour party we are voting for Peter obi
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Ddokie: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
LegendHero:
Wike my man. After Asiwaju, Wike is the next Southern politician I will always give my respect.

Rejecting Senatorial ticket do not necessarily mean rejecting Asiwaju. The only alternative Wike can support if he is not supporting Atiku is Tinubu because he stand to gain more from a Tinubu in power than anybody else aside Atiku.

I also like how he made reference to Tinubu being the last man standing who survived the storm during his discussion with Rivers PDP Excos yesterday. Right from time, Wike has always respected Tinubu and I am pretty sure he will give the needed tactical support.

Asiwaju do not need to win Rivers. Far far from it, what we need is to make sure we get the minimum 25% and that PDP will not be able to get bloc votes. Rivers & Delta are very important to PDP in the South. Take those bloc vote from those states away and PDP will collapse.

I hope you will maintain your love for him when it becomes clear that he isn't going to support Tinubu for the presidency?

1 Like

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by BATified2023: 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
toneroforever:

If Tinubu were to be ur father, would u advise him to run this race? The guy is just too frail to withstand the rigours of the office & that's the last thing this bleeding nation needs at the moment. Have mercy on him nah
see timing doctor

U people should better go n prepare for election instead of all these blackmail
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by sageb: 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
mrksquare:

Tinubu offered him senatorial ticket in Lagos APC or Rivers state APC?

You see why we Amaechi's disciples will all throw out weight towards Peter Obi.

Tinubu is a puveryor of confusion. The man wants to extend his retrogressive hegemonic influence into the South South. It won't work.

Update: Tonye Cole is one of the guest speakers. at the youth summit in G.R.A,next month.
Sir, you are invited.
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by 8stargeneral: 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
Dis APC na mumu party
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by LegendHero(m): 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ddokie:

I hope you will maintain your love for him when it becomes clear that he isn't going to support Tinubu for the presidency?

My love for Wike is because he is strong and not because he is supporting Tinubu.

The topic here is even against Tinubu and yet I still showed my support for Wike.

If tomorrow Wike come out openly to denounce Asiwaju, I still won’t hate him because at least he is a fighter and the kind of politician I want to see from the South.

If Wike is from the SE with how much ruggedity he has, maybe the Igbo would have produced the presidential ticket in PDP. He operates like Jagaban, he has friends in other states who are loyal to him and that is how you build network.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by MultiDot: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wikeeeeee so all this noise is about whats in for you? You have onlu destroyed your political life, no party will ever take you serious in future because you have shown that you are not party man and that it's about your selfish interest. Too bad!
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by SenatePresdo(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
With Due respect, Sometimes am always tempted to say GOV. Nyesom Wike talks too much like a baby, a little child who just started putting words together. Chattering away, lost in an undisturb ecstasy realm created for himself, mindless of the chaos in the world.

No matter how right he is on this Ayu's chairmanship matter. With my small experience in life, one doesnt have to keep approaching every little matter in an aggressive way, 'Gbas gbos' here and there. Talking Non-challantly without any form of control,decorum and modesty

It will always end up with more enemies queueing behind the already enough ones, People not taking you serious. And lots of betrayers.

The Election will come and go, the spotlight will die off eventually. The only thing left will be just wike and lots of enemies.

Because he casted your chief commander of corruption and thievery?

Tinubu's Business as usual politics is dead on Arrival.
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by CSTRR: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
Corrupt people.
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Cromagnon: 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
Racoon:
Anyway politics is all about horse trading.Wike better never enter any deal with Tinubu because sane and determined people are going to reject him and the devilish regime the APC will want to enthrone.

How can a party that has bastardized the economy, allowed insecurity to fester uncontrollably, kept students at home for more than half a year get votes from the same people who have been denied their right to education? The same group of Nigerians, who have no jobs, people who are pauperised, how can they vote for the APC?

How can the youths, whose parents and relatives, have been killed by terrorists and bandits, who have been displaced, give their votes again to failed promises? This must be a case of Stockholm syndrome but it must not happen.
but you want to give it to Pdp?
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Cromagnon: 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:

so you think he has friends now?
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by franchasofficia: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2022
femisplash:
A very reasonable offer from Tinubu. Less than 7 months time, Wike becomes an ordinary individual with no relevance both at state and party level. A more reasonable way of keeping him in reckoning would have been through senatorial position, that was same offer that was given to the likes of Saraki & co who were second term Governors who at the time joined APC.
I love the fact that Tinubu wasn't promising Wike any bigger position closer to power over APC loyal members. What we have today is unknown people who never worked for the emergence of APC being appointed into corridors of power over loyal members who worked for the party.
Tinubu would surely be rewarding loyalty.
The psych of an average Nigerian youth, especially those from Southwest and North when it comes to politics is really nauseating.

Must Nigerian politics be about chop I chop? What about the less privileged, the poor, the defenseless and those without long leg or political father or connections?

I am sure you are not worth up to 50million naira home and abroad and here you are celebrating and supporting brazing corruption in the name of party loyalship that brought Nigeria to the ruins it is today.

Why can't Nigerians yearn for change in how things were done that kept Nigeria below par? Why must you Nigerians continue to celebrate and support the corrupt statusquo even when it has not helped Nigeria to progress?

Damn it, honestly Nigeria seems to be hopeless oh, kai

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Obainomilano: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2022
Thanksful:

How many bullets dey inside the big guns? undecided
..wasting your data to reply a crackhead of amoda the drug lord ...

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
LegendHero:
Wike my man. After Asiwaju, Wike is the next Southern politician I will always give my respect.

Rejecting Senatorial ticket do not necessarily mean rejecting Asiwaju. The only alternative Wike can support if he is not supporting Atiku is Tinubu because he stand to gain more from a Tinubu in power than anybody else aside Atiku.

I also like how he made reference to Tinubu being the last man standing who survived the storm during his discussion with Rivers PDP Excos yesterday. Right from time, Wike has always respected Tinubu and I am pretty sure he will give the needed tactical support.

Asiwaju do not need to win Rivers. Far far from it, what we need is to make sure we get the minimum 25% and that PDP will not be able to get bloc votes. Rivers & Delta are very important to PDP in the South. Take those bloc vote from those states away and PDP will collapse.
Which bloc votes did Rivers give PDP in 2019? Delta and Akwa Ibom gave more votes than Rivers in 2019.
Go and verify

1 Like

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by afbstrategies: 3:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
I love men who refuse to go down without a serious fight. Nigerians are learning from and taking men like Wike serious. APC and PDP are too corrupt to lead Nigeria again. For that reason, I remain OBIDIENT and YUSUFUL. shocked

1 Like

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Oziens: 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
With Due respect, Sometimes am always tempted to say GOV. Nyesom Wike talks too much like a baby, a little child who just started putting words together.

The same ass licker were trying to change the narratives about Tinubu's non-committal to Gov. Wike, when they met, sometime last month. Now, that Gov. Wike has opened the can of worm about the overtures Messrs Agbado, made to him which he turned down.. The same shameless town-crier tagged it "talk too much".
They have forgotten the spurious lies they told before now about TInubu' non-committal to any term with Wike. Not all Nigerians have dementia.... All lies shall go to HELLFIRE.
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by frankson1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
mrvitalis:

Obidient are not in labour party we are voting for Peter obi

Okay. I get.

And you think things will work well with bad governors on seat
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Devil1Messenger: 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
Salvador1:

https://punchng.com/i-rejected-tinubus-senatorial-ticket-offer-wike/
He said he rejected because he couldn't trust Tinubu
Hmm
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by mrvitalis(m): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
frankson1:

Okay. I get.

And you think things will work well with bad governors on seat
Let's start from the head first
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Alajiki(m): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
Salvador1:
So all these London meeting is for tinubu and APC to give wike senatorial tickets. Asin...

I ask why didn't Tinubu promised wike to step down so he can become APC presidential candidate.
Tinubu na full time mumu man ooo.

It's because you are naïve. When Tinubu becomes president and the VP is from the north, the senate presidency will most definitely be zoned to SS/SE. Forget the fact that Wike had never been a senator before...this is Nigeria.
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by obyno82: 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
LegendHero:

Wike gaining more from Tinubu is that what you are saying? Oga what are you smoking? someone that even with all the Federal might couldn't wrestle the state from him and also he decided all the three senate tickets for Rivers State.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gumsi Abacha Shares Some Family Photos, Including Her Mother / IPOB Sit-At-Home: Army, Police, Navy, DSS, Others Take Over Onitsha / South-East Is A Barren Soil – Asari Dokubo Blasts Those Hailing Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.