Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University (1396 Views)

Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) / Bringing My Wife To UK As Soon As Possible / Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by ogawisdom(m): 10:00am On Sep 24, 2022
Please kindly assist on the best country that one can move to as an associate Professor in a Nigerian university.

Preferably UK

The person has 3million

He needs a country where he can get job fast and resettle.
Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by budaatum: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2022
Associate professors would know how to do their own research or they won't be associating professors!

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by Eriokanmi: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2022
ogawisdom:
Please kindly assist on the best country that one can move to as an associate Professor in a Nigerian university.

Preferably UK

The person has 3million

He needs a country where he can get job fast and resettle.

Try Holland, not UK. Apply to university of Twente. Thank me later.

But why do you want to japa? Obi is coming to change things . Wait and keep your job!
Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by bamdexfarms(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2022
Apply for Global Talent Visa.
The Global Talent Visa category is for talented and promising individuals in the fields of science, engineering, medicine, humanities, digital technology and arts and culture (including film and television, fashion design and architecture) wishing to work in the UK. Applicants will be leaders in their field, or have the potential to be leaders, as determined by a Home Office recognised endorsing body.
Global Talent Visa allows you to come to the UK with your dependent partner and dependent.This visa is a route to settlement.
Global Talent Visa is in two Stages.
Stage 1: An application for endorsement where you pay £456 pounds applications fee to the Home Office and then submit your evidence to show you meet the criteria through an endorsement for your fields.
Stage 2: Application for visa (for stage two the visa fee is £157 pounds for main applicants and £623 pounds per dependant)
With Global Talent you can apply for up to 5 years visa, however you need to pay £624 for health insurance surcharge (IHS) per year for each person. If you plan to apply for 5 years visa the cost per dependant is £3743 i.e £623 (visa fee) + £3120 (IHS fee). If you can't afford 5years, you can apply for less number of years based on your budget but it means you have to renew your visa to qualify for ILR in 5 year.
In my opinion, the post difficult part is stage 1. You need to show evidence that you meet the eligibility criteria. You have to submit recommendation letters, evidence of recognitions that you are a recognised leader, proof of your impact in your field and other evidence listed in a guideline provided by an endorsement body for your field.
There are six (6) Endorsement bodies. The following bodies are designated as endorsing bodies for the purposes of the Global
Talent route:
1. Arts Council England - For arts, culture, film, television, fashion and
architecture applications
2. The British Academy - For humanities and social science applications
3. The Royal Society - For natural sciences and medical science research
applications
4. The Royal Academy of Engineering - For engineering applications
5. Tech Nation – For digital technology applications
6. UKRI –For applications from all research fields, supported by a grant or
award from an endorsed funder’
Check which of the endorsement bodies that is applicable to your field and do your research to see what they require to endorse your global talent application. In subsequent posts I will try to share what is required by endorsement bodies for the listed fields.
Written by Francisca Kanayo Chiedu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2022
To all runaways,Just call Britain to recolonize nigerie you all don't need visa to UK or europe,all you need are whiteheads to reset your dumb black idol induced evil brains. angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by ogawisdom(m): 9:32am On Sep 25, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Try Holland, not UK. Apply to university of Twente. Thank me later.

But why do you want to japa? Obi is coming to change things . Wait and keep your job!

Okay
Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by ogawisdom(m): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2022
Still on this page

When will UK open space for Lecturers (higher education teachers) just like teachers.

I heard recruitment of UK teachers will start Feb1
Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by ednut1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2022
ogawisdom:
Still on this page

When will UK open space for Lecturers (higher education teachers) just like teachers.

I heard recruitment of UK teachers will start Feb1
there is no labour shortage for lecturers. Let your madam go apply for masters in uk and you follow as a dependant.
Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by ogawisdom(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
ednut1:
there is no labour shortage for lecturers. Let your madam go apply for masters in uk and you follow as a dependant.

Yeah considering this route

Most people I know are using this format.

Thanks �
Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by ogawisdom(m): 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2022
More on this
Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by ogawisdom(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ok
Re: What Is The Fastest Route To UK As An Assoc Prof In Nigerian University by Pemisola: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Thanks for your explanation. For the IHS, if I apply for 5yrs visa, can't I pay for one year health surcharge(pay the health surcharge yearly)

bamdexfarms:
Apply for Global Talent Visa.
The Global Talent Visa category is for talented and promising individuals in the fields of science, engineering, medicine, humanities, digital technology and arts and culture (including film and television, fashion design and architecture) wishing to work in the UK. Applicants will be leaders in their field, or have the potential to be leaders, as determined by a Home Office recognised endorsing body.
Global Talent Visa allows you to come to the UK with your dependent partner and dependent.This visa is a route to settlement.
Global Talent Visa is in two Stages.
Stage 1: An application for endorsement where you pay £456 pounds applications fee to the Home Office and then submit your evidence to show you meet the criteria through an endorsement for your fields.
Stage 2: Application for visa (for stage two the visa fee is £157 pounds for main applicants and £623 pounds per dependant)
With Global Talent you can apply for up to 5 years visa, however you need to pay £624 for health insurance surcharge (IHS) per year for each person. If you plan to apply for 5 years visa the cost per dependant is £3743 i.e £623 (visa fee) + £3120 (IHS fee). If you can't afford 5years, you can apply for less number of years based on your budget but it means you have to renew your visa to qualify for ILR in 5 year.
In my opinion, the post difficult part is stage 1. You need to show evidence that you meet the eligibility criteria. You have to submit recommendation letters, evidence of recognitions that you are a recognised leader, proof of your impact in your field and other evidence listed in a guideline provided by an endorsement body for your field.
There are six (6) Endorsement bodies. The following bodies are designated as endorsing bodies for the purposes of the Global
Talent route:
1. Arts Council England - For arts, culture, film, television, fashion and
architecture applications
2. The British Academy - For humanities and social science applications
3. The Royal Society - For natural sciences and medical science research
applications
4. The Royal Academy of Engineering - For engineering applications
5. Tech Nation – For digital technology applications
6. UKRI –For applications from all research fields, supported by a grant or
award from an endorsed funder’
Check which of the endorsement bodies that is applicable to your field and do your research to see what they require to endorse your global talent application. In subsequent posts I will try to share what is required by endorsement bodies for the listed fields.
Written by Francisca Kanayo Chiedu

(1) (Reply)

Need Your Advice On My USA Visa / I Want Cheap Flights From Lagos To Helsinki / Please Help ( Justwise And Co)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.