Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,841 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out (52430 Views)

Man Cries Out As Cow Destroys His New Car While The Fulani Herdsmen Look On. / Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours / Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Emyogalanya: 7:05am On Sep 25, 2022
What rubbish some thing that wont cost more than 5k here? Let her enter the next available flight and come back home and face headsmen , bandits and boko haram let another person go and take her place over there. Useless woman , they charge u 1800 and u stupidly conerted to naira to make us afraid. When was the last time you sent 1800 to your family ?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by alcuin(m): 7:05am On Sep 25, 2022
Crysallis:
This complain for sympathy is unnecessary. These people earn at least $15k monthly.

In which country?

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by fotadmowmend(m): 7:07am On Sep 25, 2022
Na plane ??
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by henryobinna(m): 7:08am On Sep 25, 2022
Realguyman1:
She earns in dollars, so why is she disturbing the media now? Or is she earning in naira and spending in dollar?

Earning in dollars does not mean she earns $1m per month. If you check very well her monthly take home might be between $5k to $10k or even less, it could be after or before tax sef. So if it's before tax, she would have to herself something like $3,750 to $7500, it varies slightly from these figures but still very close.

Having that in mind, tell me how $1800 is not a huge amount? $1800 out of $10k is 18% just to fix break pads, she would pay rent, insurance (car, health etc), mortgage if she doesn't own her home fully or isn't paying rent.

Bro, $1800 is a huge amount of money anywhere in the world, the only people it would not be huge for are millionaires or multimillionaires, both in USD.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Crysallis(m): 7:09am On Sep 25, 2022
alcuin:

In which country?

Canada & USA
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by henryobinna(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2022
Crysallis:

Canada & USA
grin grin grin

Is this a joke? Someone that earns $15k per month is a rich person. And would probably have somewhere around $12k or slightly less to spend to herself after tax. $1800 out of $12k to spend on break pad is a lot bro.

By the way, the chances that she earns that much is slim/low.

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by zolajpower: 7:15am On Sep 25, 2022
Jonifi:
U earn in dollars why complain abi Na naira u won take pay?
Na association of people wey dey use calculator check naira to dollar after any expenses grin Dem incure . Except the things cost them in cent or less then 1 dollar grin then u re sure sey calculator dey free

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by alcuin(m): 7:15am On Sep 25, 2022
Crysallis:

Canada & USA

The average job in the USA is 60k USD per annum except you are into STEM disciplines.

In Canada, its about 90k CAD$.

People who earn 15k monthly, thats about 180k yearly, are not average.

Note, these figures are before taxes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Crysallis(m): 7:19am On Sep 25, 2022
henryobinna:
grin grin grin

Is this a joke? Someone that earns $15k per month is a rich person. And would probably have somewhere around $12k or slightly less to spend to herself after tax. $1800 out of $12k to spend on break pad is a lot bro.

Let's say she earns 5k monthly, spends 3k on bills and taxes, then she should be smart enough to use her car minimally
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by uvie66: 7:19am On Sep 25, 2022
delzbaba:
its only rational reasoning that when you buy an expensive car to show off, then forget about the future maintenance cost you will shed hot tears, the average whiteman will go for his ford or truck ,, while my naija people will get there and buy benz.
.....leave that matter, a brake disk is a disk and pad is a pad, the only variations are the sizes, but the installation and deinstallation remain the same. I won't pay more than 300$ tops.
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Crysallis(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2022
alcuin:

The average job in the USA is 60k USD per annum except you are into STEM disciplines.

In Canada, its about 90k CAD$.

People who earn 15k monthly, thats about 180k yearly, are not average.

Note, these figures are before taxes.

Ok. Na she decide to use car sha
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Realguyman1(m): 7:21am On Sep 25, 2022
henryobinna:
Earning in dollars does not mean she earns $1m per month. If you check very well her monthly take home might be between $5k to $10k or even less, it could be after or before tax sef. So if it's before tax, she would have to herself something like $3,750 to $7500, it varies slightly from these figures but still very close.

Having that in mind, tell me how $1800 is not a huge amount? $1800 out of $10k is 18% just to fix break pads, she would pay rent, insurance (car, health etc), mortgage if she doesn't own her home fully or isn't paying rent.

Bro, $1800 is a huge amount of money anywhere in the world, the only people it would not be huge for are millionaires or multimillionaires, both in USD.

I didn't said $1800 is not a big money anywhere. But why is she coming to the media to seek senseless attentions with it? Is it to discourage others from going or what?

If she can afford a car in Yankee, already shows she is a big woman and not the struggling Nigerians over there in Yankee. So why is she complaining of the money she used in fixing it?

Since she wants to seek attention, why didn't she show us the car she is using over there, so that we will know what her worth is?

For her to be using a car over there in Yankee already indicates she is not among the struggling Nigerians over there. So why don't she comes back to Nigeria and start a business for herself, so that she will not be charged heavily when she is paying her bills?

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by uvie66: 7:24am On Sep 25, 2022
Okonandmary:
Anyways, she was ripped off because she is a woman
....I concur. Most women drive without bothering to know the engineering behind the workings of the car, to check ordinary engine oil, na mechanic, radiator water, mechanic , build blow for headlight straight to mechanic, so they get ripped off easily.

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by KingAzubuike(f): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2022
inoki247:
lol what I know is with the surge in Japa e go soon clear in most of dem eyes...

Almost everyone around me lately don run comot for country I come dey wonder no be outside wey I discover say e no dey for me...

Well some of dem don dey message me dey du testimony sha...

How can I gada 10 to 5 million in this Country wey we dey complain say e bad in oda to goan slave in another man's country just because I want to av access to good infrastructure and good environment...

Mak dem no worry I go dey manage awa bad environment like dat traveling out no dey for everybody apart from vacation I'm not intrested....
It's foolishness to carry 5-10 million to go and slave in another man's country. Why not start a business here and establish yourself. Abroad no dey as rosy as you think. Things are damn expensive and you pay for almost everything g living you with little or no savings at the end of the month

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Regex: 7:27am On Sep 25, 2022
Why is she complaining?

First it was the stable energy (electricity and gas) and good they used to chase clout on the Internet. Now it is comparing prices of stuff with Nigeria. If Nigeria is cheaper and better, why don't you relocate to Nigeria?

Obodo oyibo has his pros and cons likewise Nigeria, why compare?

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Honchoslim16(m): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2022
These Lame a$$€$ do anything for CLOUT!

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by maasoap(m): 7:29am On Sep 25, 2022
Realguyman1:
She earns in dollars, so why is she disturbing the media now? Or is she earning in naira and spending in dollar?

The rate at which most senseless Africans go seeking for senseless attentions this days ehn, the thing tire me o. After going through a lot just to get their visa, they will now get there and start spilling rubbish.

No body force her to be there in the first place. No body knows when she was disturbing their embassy over here in Nigeria seeking and begging them for visa. Now, that she has what she want, she now feels she can spill rubbish. If she knows she doesn't want to spend in dollar, she can come back to Nigeria and spend in naira peacefully.

We are here in Nigeria thinking about how to make sure the right person get into power in next year election , and some dumbs over there in Yankee are busy disturbing us with their senselessness.

Nonsenses everywhere

Good point. But I hope that that right person is not the one who has higher degree but tendered GCE certificate to INEC? Because that's clearly not a good sign of the right person grin grin grin
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Hanndye: 7:31am On Sep 25, 2022
ryloy:

https://twitter.com/abisinuolaa/status/1573414620718862341
You can't Do It Yourself and you want people to slave for you for peanuts like they do in Nigeria, de form big man? Then you gat pay. DTY is the way to go there and it cuts across. Imagine with little change you will be forming big man in Naija.

https://www.edmunds.com/how-to/how-to-change-your-brake-pads.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by EgunMogaji2: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2022
This is sheer lies for sensationalism.

Where’s the receipt? Where’s the authorization form from $40 to $figment?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by uvie66: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2022
KingAzubuike:

It's foolishness to carry 5-10 million to go and slave in another man's country. Why not start a business here and establish yourself. Abroad no dey as rosy as you think. Things are damn expensive and you pay for almost everything g living you with little or no savings at the end of the month
....I disagree, the only expensive thing abroad is accommodation, the problem with most Nigerians is that once they graduate from university they don't like getting their hands dirty, however, it is important t learn some life skills after University, these include basic house maintenance, car maintenance, Information technology and cooking, all these skills will save you money on the long run. Furthermore, simple search on Google or YouTube will help one out I times of difficulty.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Slynation(m): 7:40am On Sep 25, 2022
When you japa...You make money and spend in dollars or any other currency, therefore you should stop thinking in naira...!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Emyogalanya: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2022
Jonifi:
U earn in dollars why complain abi Na naira u won take pay?
Best answer ever. They earn dollars but wen expenses comes they will convert it to our currency and start posting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by MedicH: 7:44am On Sep 25, 2022
Go over youtube, Americans full there de do DIY. Normal people de change timing belt and camshaft like say na boxers. Both men and women oo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by EdoBoy90(m): 7:52am On Sep 25, 2022
Some educated Nigerians are just useless. They are not exposed at all yet they said they acquired Western Education but when you look around, you won't see it.

We knew how you were suffering in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Ugmama(m): 7:55am On Sep 25, 2022
delzbaba:
its only rational reasoning that when you buy an expensive car to show off, then forget about the future maintenance cost you will shed hot tears, the average whiteman will go for his ford or truck ,, while my naija people will get there and buy benz.

Oga it's not true. Abroad maintenance is not like in Nigeria that you can bring parts from anywhere without adequate policy or value to human life.

You can only buy parts through the manufacturers and its damn expensive to do that.

That's why they sell to us anytime than buying those parts

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by omoyeni37: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2022
henryobinna:
grin grin grin

Very slim bro

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by HardMirror(m): 7:59am On Sep 25, 2022
APCnaPDP:
Nobody charges you that to change brake pads. Highest will be $600 and that will be considered expensive. Stop lying
I dont agree. it depends on the car and this is U.S. not nigeria, service charges can be very high. The mechanic could have charged her 1000 for his charges and 800 for the brakes. go on ebay motors and see the prices of brake pads, there are those that are even more expensive, it depends on the car.
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by HardMirror(m): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2022
uvie66:
....I disagree, the only expensive thing abroad is accommodation, the problem with most Nigerians is that once they graduate from university they don't like getting their hands dirty, however, it is important t learn some life skills after University, these include basic house maintenance, car maintenance, Information technology and cooking, all these skills will save you money on the long run. Furthermore, simple search on Google or YouTube will help one out I times of difficulty.
Tell them o. I was just saying it that in the U.S they charge very high service fees especially for technical jobs like this. that is why a lot of white people do their own repairs themselves. i wont be surprised the mechanic charged as much as $1200 for his services and only $600 for the brake pads
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by BeanmanX(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2022
People just lie too much for clout sake...
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Zane2point4(m): 8:07am On Sep 25, 2022
Break pad wey i buy front 6000
Back 5000
Workmanship 3000

Total 14,000
Re: I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out by Nsonaso(m): 8:08am On Sep 25, 2022
ryloy:

https://twitter.com/abisinuolaa/status/1573414620718862341

All this gullible people. You want them to charge penny and yet pay their staff $50/hr

Oh, I forgot shes from Nigeria and she want someone that changes brake pads to look tattered and hungry so she can be wagging her tail and be boosting how she works in a well paying company and receives jombo salary.

Sorry miss in a developed country, every hardworking man or woman receives a good pay. You can dump your car if you can't afford to repair, it will even do the country a whole lot good.

Reduce traffic, reduce the pressure on gas and carbon.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Green-White-Green Car Spotted In A School In Kebbi State (Photos) / Missing Car! / Things That Happen on BRT Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.