Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded (7303 Views)

How Do You Convince An Atheist That GOD Truly Exist / What If Hell Truly Exist?? / Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Xfactoria: 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2011
I will try to address the foolishness of all you atheist with these words of Jesus:

", O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky but can ye not discern the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it but the sign of the prophet Jona" - Matthew 16 vs 3b -4

Jesus said these words to the pharisees and Sadducees when they wanted him to show them a sign that he actually is of God. God exists and Jesus Christ is His son. There is power in that name JESUS that is more than any other power you can imagine.

Having said this, there are signs all around us that God exists. The parting of the Red Sea is still a mystery till today and Science has not been able to explain it neither has that occurence ever happened after that one time. Israel attributes it to their God - Jehovah, the same God that Christians worship today.

In contemporary times, the complexity of the DNA and the depth of information encoded in it explains it all that creation was not an accident. It is a careful work of design by a supernatural force which is God Almighty. Have you guys ever wondered how come the DNA is unique for every humans? Do you think that just happened? How about your finger prints being customized to you? Is that an accident?

In conclusion, I pray that you guys should have an encounter with God. But be assured that God is not man and has nothing to prove to you.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^^^
Sorry to say you don't know anything about our genes or the DNA of other living things. It is little quantity of genes that differentiate us from plants, some other organism. The coding of many organism have been done, even the human genes have been fully mapped out. Scientists are beginning to understand and interact with these traits bearing chemical better than you are making it to look like here. It doesn't prove existence of god but nature hand at work how bacteria have caused mutation in them since then we have been living with them.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by waladis(m): 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2011
I must have missed my way, am not sure if this forum is the right place for me to be
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by thehomer: 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2011
X-factoria:

I will try to address the foolishness of all you atheist with these words of Jesus:

", O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky but can ye not discern the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it but the sign of the prophet Jona" - Matthew 16 vs 3b -4

Jesus said these words to the pharisees and Sadducees when they wanted him to show them a sign that he actually is of God. God exists and Jesus Christ is His son. There is power in that name JESUS that is more than any other power you can imagine.

Having said this, there are signs all around us that God exists. The parting of the Red Sea is still a mystery till today and Science has not been able to explain it neither has that occurence ever happened after that one time. Israel attributes it to their God - Jehovah, the same God that Christians worship today.

In contemporary times, the complexity of the DNA and the depth of information encoded in it explains it all that creation was not an accident. It is a careful work of design by a supernatural force which is God Almighty. Have you guys ever wondered how come the DNA is unique for every humans? Do you think that just happened? How about your finger prints being customized to you? Is that an accident?

In conclusion, I pray that you guys should have an encounter with God. But be assured that God is not man and has nothing to prove to you.

Who said the Red Sea was ever parted?
I hope you realize that as you keep calling others fools, you're stoking the flames of hell for yourself since you're pretty much going to land there with the atheists you're railing against.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by deadie(m): 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2011
X-factoria:

Bla bla bla, all based on some crappy old book.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by shigidi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
Its bin a really refreshing debate on this particular thread.

One thing nobody has ever been able to explain to me is the concept of 'Deja Vu'!! How do we manage to see the future in our sleep? Are things already predetermined?? The more you think, the more confused you get!!

I for one truly believe that there is a God, but I also feel at times the concept of religion can be misleading.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by lagcity(m): 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2011
People say, "look at the animals, the universe, the mountains, our DNA and all these complex systems, there has to be an intelligent designer because all these things can't just pop out nowhere." But one thing that baffles me is that how can an "intelligent designer" just pop out of nowhere? Does this mean that the intelligent designer was also created by another intelligent designer and so on and so on? undecided Can the first intelligent designer please stand up? I have completely given up on these questions. The only thing i know is that i know nothing. In fact, if you look at me and ask me, "hey, Lagcity, are u real; are u alive and do u exist? My answer to you will be, "I have no idea undecided!" And i am not being sarcastic or being a smarta.ss. I just don't know!
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by deadie(m): 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2011
lagcity:

People say, "look at the animals, the universe, the mountains, our DNA and all these complex systems, there has to be an intelligent designer because all these things can't just pop out nowhere." But one thing that baffles me is that how can an "intelligent designer" just pop out of nowhere? Does this mean that the intelligent designer was also created by another intelligent designer and so on and so on? undecided Can the first intelligent designer please stand up? I have completely given up on these questions. The only thing i know is that i know nothing. In fact, if you look at me and ask me, "hey, Lagcity, are u real; are u alive and do u exist? My answer to you will be, "I have no idea undecided!" And i am not being sarcastic or being a smarta.ss. I just don't know!

You make perfect sense, and frankly, all you have said applies to me VERBATIM. But to the religious nut jobs, you my friend, are nuts cheesy
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2011
shigidi:

Its bin a really refreshing debate on this particular thread.

One thing nobody has ever been able to explain to me is the concept of 'Deja Vu'!! How do we manage to see the future in our sleep? Are things already predetermined?? The more you think, the more confused you get!!

I for one truly believe that there is a God, but I also feel at times the concept of religion can be misleading.

Does that prove existence of god? We are only using a fraction of our brain and they are evidences that we can interact with our environment through many processes which dream is one of them,it coming true not all dreams come true( even dreams coincidences are not all the exact in real life), dreaming is natural phenomena even other animals do too.It part of the power mother nature endowed us with. I always say it here that not because we don't  have understand how something operate does mean it is supernatural, it only proves we don't have understanding of it yet.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Sam7: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2011
I am truly shocked that persons like all4naija and thehomer are writing unimaginable things on this thread. It is very scary. They think they know it but they are far from the truth. Very far. They couldn't provide answers to my questions and they have not in any way managed to confound the logic behind all I wrote. They keep asking why is God hiding and I keep wondering how insanity can fill a person's mind that he needs His Maker to explain to him why he cannot see him. I am sure if God today shows himself to someone, these same people will say it is that person's imagination and if God shows himself to them, I am so sure they will say they are under the influence of a drug or something. I think taking time to explain to people like these will be an effort in futility. As I had earlier written, to believe there is no God, requires faith and to believe there is God also requires faith. Nobody is looking for excuses for God but I will ask you guys why it takes drilling to discover oil and other minerals. I will ask why it has taken many years to create a microscope. Why couldn't man make a microscope in the stone age? Why in the 18-20th century? All your talk about science is based on simple lack of understanding of common sense. What is science based on? Research and inventions based on research results. Can a man who has not been to the moon explain how the moon's surface look like? definitely not. That means your research conclusions will be based on the limitations of your research. It takes faith to believe the scientists and their conclusions and it takes faith to believe that the Most High God created all. It is so sad that little creatures like these guys (all4naija & co) think someone that made the entire universe can be availabe for your physical eyes to see. Can you cope with His Presence? Leave out the descriptions of the Bible and let us talk logic. Is it logical for someone that creates such a massive thing as this universe be so simple for you to see with your unclad eyes? I am sure if someone physical appears to you tomorrow and claims he created everything, you sure will slap him till kingdom come. Does it make sense to think God is hiding? Why will He hide for you? He already knows that if you cannot believe His existence through what you see around you, then there is nothing else you can believe save the opposites even if He specially visits you. You will choose consistently to disagree because you have made up your mind He is not existent and why do you believe that? Simply because you don't see Him. What do you expect? It is my prayer that God will open your eyes to see that you are nothing but a very small piece of the massive creation of a great God. Simple.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^^^
Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about. There is no existence of god or gods as the world we exist is concern!Your thoughts are based on things you don't understand calling them gods or god's. If that's hard for you to comprehend then you better go and convince others who would like to believe in god or whatever term. The last time I check the definition of god it states god is supernatural being people imagined to have created all things.

I can't stand the presence of one who created the universe that's the simple reason he's elusive - that's your argument. That's good to know!

Steer clear from what you don't understand and ask questions.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Sam7: 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ all4naija- I read your comments on the facts of DNA and I am surprised you miss the road even when it is before you! You talked about the genes of humans already been mapped out. When you learnt english, I am sure you were told that your usage of the word 'map' was to connote a verb which is an action word that is carried out not by an inanimate thing but an animate and intelligent person. If the design was mapped out, doesn't that show you someone did the mapping. Oh I remember you called it nature! What then is this nature you keep referring to with your fellow blind men?! Is nature animate or is somebody on cheap drugs finding it difficult to understand simple grammar and sense. What is the intricate creation of man's entire system to you? Just a silly boy's science project? Are you and your fellow slow learners so dumb that you find it difficult to comprehend that the intricacies of the human body system cannot just be an accident?! What about the interdependencies all over?! Does that make any sense to you guys?! This is the work of someone so intelligent you cannot comprehend! And stop giving us the nonsense that you cannot see God! That has been your only way to disprove God's existence. Everything else you have written only goes against your stubborn faith in atheism and yet you claim you are wiser than those that put faith in God. You just don't want to see Him and you are not ready to accept His existence even if He went all the way to show you himself. I pray you don't leave the earth before you know the truth. I am so sure that will be too late for you. Imagine looking at the system on which you are typing and say that it had no creator simply because you cannot see the producer right in front of you. Oh and I guess you will say I know it is hp or something. You guys had better get your heads checked cos I can imagine you have been living a lie and giving yourselves the impression you can do anything you like. Even the scientists you think you follow have renounced their faith in atheism and have embraced the realities of creation. Only a handful few that are stubborn and egotistical have chosen to close their eyes to the fact that the DNA of man amongst many other things speak volumes about the Maker of all things.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by claremont(m): 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2011
[b]There are two possible conclusions we can draw from this issue of the existence/non-existence of a deity called God;

1. God does NOT exist: This conclusion basically draws on the scientific research done by biblical archaeologists on the authenticity of the bible, and they concluded that 80% of what is written in the bible never happened, while the remaining 20% was heavily embellished with contradictions which make it useless altogether. The question is if it has been proven beyond an iota of doubt that 80% of the bible is false, doesn't that lend credence to the fact that Christianity is premised on a false foundation akin to covert deception?!

2. God exists, but he is wicked: This conclusion stems from the fact that a God who supposedly exists should have some form of love and compassion for his own creation. Why oh why will a supposedly loving God get actively involved in promoting genocides, natural disasters, wars, and religious disharmony amongst his own worshippers?! The old testament is awash with tales of woes actively permitted and/or perpetuated by a "loving" God, doesn't that show that this God is the most wicked, vile, inhumane, and downright cruel deity in the history of modern fiction?!

Take it or leave it, but God does not exist in any way or form. Human beings who believe in such things like God suffer from the worst form of delusion known to man, quite similar to lunatics. The only difference between religious adherents and lunatics is that lunatics may eventually be cured, but religious adherents take their delusion to the grave!
[/b]
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by symbianDON(m): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2011
seems some here assume that everything that is today: plants, humans, planets etc are creations of nature. well, could anyone here tell me what nature is?
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by deadie(m): 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2011
Sam7:

I am truly shocked that persons like all4naija and thehomer are writing unimaginable things on this thread. It is very scary. They think they know it but they are far from the truth. Very far. They couldn't provide answers to my questions and they have not in any way managed to confound the logic behind all I wrote. They keep asking why is God hiding and I keep wondering how insanity can fill a person's mind that he needs His Maker to explain to him why he cannot see him. I am sure if God today shows himself to someone, these same people will say it is that person's imagination and if God shows himself to them, I am so sure they will say they are under the influence of a drug or something. I think taking time to explain to people like these will be an effort in futility. As I had earlier written, to believe there is no God, requires faith and to believe there is God also requires faith. Nobody is looking for excuses for God but I will ask you guys why it takes drilling to discover oil and other minerals. I will ask why it has taken many years to create a microscope. Why couldn't man make a microscope in the stone age? Why in the 18-20th century? All your talk about science is based on simple lack of understanding of common sense. What is science based on? Research and inventions based on research results. Can a man who has not been to the moon explain how the moon's surface look like? definitely not. That means your research conclusions will be based on the limitations of your research. It takes faith to believe the scientists and their conclusions and it takes faith to believe that the Most High God created all. It is so sad that little creatures like these guys (all4naija & co) think someone that made the entire universe can be availabe for your physical eyes to see. Can you cope with His Presence? Leave out the descriptions of the Bible and let us talk logic. Is it logical for someone that creates such a massive thing as this universe be so simple for you to see with your unclad eyes? I am sure if someone physical appears to you tomorrow and claims he created everything, you sure will slap him till kingdom come. Does it make sense to think God is hiding? Why will He hide for you? He already knows that if you cannot believe His existence through what you see around you, then there is nothing else you can believe save the opposites even if He specially visits you. You will choose consistently to disagree because you have made up your mind He is not existent and why do you believe that? Simply because you don't see Him. What do you expect? It is my prayer that God will open your eyes to see that you are nothing but a very small piece of the massive creation of a great God. Simple.

Do you even think about what you write? Why has it taken man a long time to develop a microscope? Research and development is the answer. You build on previous knowledge to improve things. The way we went from still picture, to black and white cathode ray TV, to coloured CRTV, to plasma , It doesn't take faith to believe scientists and their conclusion, because they offer hypothesis, theories, concrete proofs and replicate their results. While everything about your God is make belief and can never be questioned. You believe blind in your God and question science, yet you go to hospital when you are sick, travel with a car and air planes, watch television, talk on cell phone, etc, ALL PRODUCTS OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH. And after you have been cured in the hospital, you give thanks to God and forget the effort of the many scientists involved in saving your life, whilst praising the Almighty who permitted you to be sick in the first place.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Sam7: 10:56pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ all4naija - I really don't believe that you are basing your understanding of whether their is God or not on simple definitions in a book (dictionary or something) written by a man like you who probably was just trying to avoid appearing anything less than secular. That is absolutely preposterous! I have read the Bible and still reading it but on my own I have questioned every tiny detail therein and even subjected it all to clean and clear logic and I have not found it wanting in anyway! Question things yourself as I have done and think independently. I have read Darwin's work and so many other people's thoughts and made an independent opinion which is based on simple and straight logic. Like the concept of variety which caused problems for Darwin and brought forth his theories, he failed to understand that variety is not the absence of commonalities but rather the presence of differences and by simple logic you can understand that a singular person can choose to make various things but they will share certain things in common yet possess certain differences for the purpose of uniqueness. Variety adds beauty to life. You can imagine if all the color in this world is red and there is no green , no blue, no yellow, no color mixtures with a yellow and red base, you know it will all be bland and uninteresting. So, forget whatever someone definition of gods. Search things out independently and you will find answers without breaking your head. God bless you richly.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2011
Sam7:

@ all4naija- I read your comments on the facts of DNA and I am surprised you miss the road even when it is before you! You talked about the genes of humans already been mapped out. When you learnt english, I am sure you were told that your usage of the word 'map' was to connote a verb which is an action word that is carried out not by an inanimate thing but an animate and intelligent person. If the design was mapped out, doesn't that show you someone did the mapping. Oh I remember you called it nature! What then is this nature you keep referring to with your fellow blind men?! Is nature animate or is somebody on cheap drugs finding it difficult to understand simple grammar and sense. What is the intricate creation of man's entire system to you? Just a silly boy's science project? Are you and your fellow slow learners so dumb that you find it difficult to comprehend that the intricacies of the human body system cannot just be an accident?! What about the interdependencies all over?! Does that make any sense to you guys?! This is the work of someone so intelligent you cannot comprehend! And stop giving us the nonsense that you cannot see God! That has been your only way to disprove God's existence. Everything else you have written only goes against your stubborn faith in atheism and yet you claim you are wiser than those that put faith in God. You just don't want to see Him and you are not ready to accept His existence even if He went all the way to show you himself. I pray you don't leave the earth before you know the truth. I am so sure that will be too late for you. Imagine looking at the system on which you are typing and say that it had no creator simply because you cannot see the producer right in front of you. Oh and I guess you will say I know it is hp or something. You guys had better get your heads checked cos I can imagine you have been living a lie and giving yourselves the impression you can do anything you like. Even the scientists you think you follow have renounced their faith in atheism and have embraced the realities of creation. Only a handful few that are stubborn and egotistical have chosen to close their eyes to the fact that the DNA of man amongst many other things speak volumes about the Maker of all things.
I don't still understand your argument. If you didn't understand what I connote by gene mapping sorry to say you know nothing about genetic engineering. On the other hand it was all in response to you refutation about DNA which I wanted you to understand that Scientists are beginning to have understanding of it beyond your shallow supernatural idea attached to it. We are talking about how much we have come to understand DNA is nothing supernatural.

Stop compounding issue, little grammarian!
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by deadie(m): 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2011
all4naija:

I don't still understand your argument. If you didn't understand what I connote by gene mapping sorry to say you know nothing about genetic engineering. On the other hand it was all in response to you refutation about DNA which I wanted you to understand that Scientists are beginning to have understanding of it beyond your shallow supernatural idea attached to it. We are talking about how much we have come to understand DNA is nothing supernatural.

Stop compounding issue, little grammarian!
grin grin grin
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by manmustwac(m): 11:07pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Sam the man and co
If God did exist then living in nigeria will be like living in paradise. Because knowing nigerians if God could come down from imaginary Heaven to prove his own existance then FEAR of HELL would make our god fearing crooked pastors from using the bible to con the masses of the hard earned doh, or our god fearing politicians to stop looting the treasury and work together to make nigeria a great nation. The same can be said about our poilice force or customs officials thieves etc. But since God cannot prove his own existance then you people who call yourselves christians will continue to delude yourselves

Can one of you so called God Fearing Born again Chrisitans please tell me why our country is so corrupt despite being so religious? Why is it that the religious masses do not fear imaginary God?
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2011
If he seen, felt, and understood like we humans are then why is he God? If you want to experience him, you have to believe he is for he rewards those that deligently seek him
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by tweeze: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2011
And they it will begin with their minds and it will eat them up to their brain, the dark world, bloody rain, a harvest of doom, satan talking in diffrent forms on 2go,fb,twitter even nairaland, well am not suprised why wont u ask were is God, am so ashamed of you, when the question becomes 2 much ur little brain box might get burnt, the mistry behind this world u cant understand, i pray 4 ur soul, the anger of God be mercifull on u, behold the caged animal of king solomon of old is out in d world eating souls, the end time is here, they will ask questions and d devil will give them fals answer in form of the true answer and they will blive, when u talk about science u have become and instrument of destruction, let it start but not with u, if u wanna see were God hangs out, close ur door, just b silent open ur hrt like them buddish brodas and talk with God, u'll b surprised, when he visits say hi, but i pray u live 2 tell the tale,
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Sam7: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2011
@deadie - I am so shocked that your response to my comments seem like that of a primary school student. If you followed my comments very well you will understand that my point was that per time and in every age man had a limitation in his knowledge and tried to increase it by research. Research upon research renders previous research conclusions that so many people had accepted wrong. For example, many years ago, the entire world believed the earth was flat! All the scientists of those days believed that and didn't change until men like Galileo disagreed and said it was round. Albert Einstein defines the Law of Gravity but technically didn't we all know that whatever goes up come down? What does that tell you? Simply that a scientist will forever be limited by his research and its methods and conclusions. He can never go beyond what he knows. The scientist just like you is looking for a physical creator just like he has found how to make a plane (how do you even think he knew how to in the first place?)but will never get any physical evidences beyond the ones littered around for him to see. And you keep writing about scientists and their hypothesis with the proofs. These proofs come from what has already been created! They only use what they see around to explain what they don't understand or are trying to understand. Anyone of us can do the same if we patiently applied our hearts the way they did to those things. But of course how do you prove a God you cannot see? Definitely until you see Him! That is the position of the scientist! He just doesn't think it is enough to conclude on the basis of all that has been created. He will rather call it nature, surprisingly referring to nature as though it were animate. THINK DEADIE, THINK and don't just follow someone else's conclusions.

@all4naija - I am done trying to explain simple things to you. You still don't understand simple things that are based on hardcore LOGIC! I have not yet written that the DNA is supernatural, I have simply asked you for the origin of such a complex language as the DNA which the so called heralded scientists of yours have recently discovered! You have not provided an answer. I have asked if intelligence emanates from unintelligence and you have not answered. You keep trying to avoid these questions of logic. Can you please answer them and stop making opinions not based on common sense! A design is carried out, isn't it? Oh sorry that is too much for you to understand.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by tweeze: 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2011
men of little faith, dude were is ur faith, movie fictions i guess caused all this, i wish it was in those days when he answers with fire from heaven directly, he might have burn ur ass by now, am so angry with this nigga, lemmy ask u, what do u think ur preaching huh, giving the world a picture of an octopus, to worship, look if u cant find ur God thats left 4 u, i dnt know why them anti christ mess themselvs up all the time with stupid question like this, tell me why u think ur breathing right now?
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by deadie(m): 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2011
Sam7:

@deadie - I am so shocked that your response to my comments seem like that of a primary school student. If you followed my comments very well you will understand that my point was that per time and in every age man had a limitation in his knowledge and tried to increase it by research. Research upon research renders previous research conclusions that so many people had accepted wrong. For example, many years ago, the entire world believed the earth was flat! All the scientists of those days believed that and didn't change until men like Galileo disagreed and said it was round. [/b]Albert Einstein defines the Law of Gravity but technically didn't we all know that whatever goes up come down? What does that tell you? [b]Simply that a scientist will forever be limited by his research and its methods and conclusions. He can never go beyond what he knows. The scientist just like you is looking for a physical creator just like he has found how to make a plane (how do you even think he knew how to in the first place?)but will never get any physical evidences beyond the ones littered around for him to see. And you keep writing about scientists and their hypothesis with the proofs. These proofs come from what has already been created! They only use what they see around to explain what they don't understand or are trying to understand. [b]Anyone of us can do the same if we patiently applied our hearts the way they did to those things. [/b]But of course how do you prove a God you cannot see? Definitely until you see Him! That is the position of the scientist! He just doesn't think it is enough to conclude on the basis of all that has been created. He will rather call it nature, surprisingly referring to nature as though it were animate. THINK DEADIE, THINK and don't just follow someone else's conclusions.

@all4naija - I am done trying to explain simple things to you. You still don't understand simple things that are based on hardcore LOGIC! I have not yet written that the DNA is supernatural, I have simply asked you for the origin of such a complex language as the DNA which the so called heralded scientists of yours have recently discovered! You have not provided an answer. I have asked if intelligence emanates from unintelligence and you have not answered. You keep trying to avoid these questions of logic. Can you please answer them and stop making opinions not based on common sense! A design is carried out, isn't it? Oh sorry that is too much for you to understand.

And religious nut jobs like you wanted to kill him when he found out that the world was round. Did you know he was made to renounce his findings by the Catholic Church/religious wackos? At least scientists admit their limited knowledge, and carry out research to better their understanding and predict things. Religious wackos believe everything is caused by God, even the earthquakes and Tsunamis are caused by the evil creature. No doubt, anyone is capable of being a scientist, unless of course you have been blinded by lies told over generations. The only thing you offer about your God is his cloak of secrecy.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by globexl: 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2011
Interesting topic indeed.
Now to those that say the existence of life and all the wonders of the universe show that it had to be designed and created by god, let me briefly agree with you just for the sake of this argument. If we accept that the universe was designed and created by a singular entity, god,then a deeper question arises. Who created god? and who created the creator of god ? and on and on and on. Unless, god also created himself, as I have often  heard them claim. If there is one god, then why not too, and if there are two , then why not three or an entire clan? The religious folks often say that god is a mystery, and thats why we cannot understand his ways. Fine. BUt If that is so, then religion is redundant, superflous and highly irrelevant.
If god is a mystery, then why not employ the scientic or empirical method in the search for god?  

It is worthy of note that the authors and later editors of the holy books did not know what an atom was and did not understand that germs were the causes of disease and death. It is also worthy of note that the ancient hebrews worshipped a variety of gods contrary to what is commonly portrayed.  they worshipped, Baal, Ashtera, Lillith(the queen of heaven) as well as yahweh. It may shock you to know that the ancient jewish rabbis considered the foursome a family, with Yahweh as the father, Ashtera as the mother, Baal was the son and Lillith was the daughter. It was during the time of Elijah that the Yawehist declared war and attempted to stamp out the worship of the other three dieties. (first recorded case of religious intolerance). From that period on , the yahwehist gained control of the preisthood ,and naturally, they wrote scriptures  from their own point of view , eversince .

The bibble  has numerous and repeated references of multiple deities competing for power. The older scriptures mention, several canaanite deities such as  Adoni, El, El Elion, El Shadai(god of the mountain) and Yahweh. Modern  revisions and editions(??)( can a mortal revise and edit the supposed word of an all-knowing and infallible god?) have removed the names of these different dieties by simply compressing them into a singular LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. Very clever indeed.

It is also worthy of note that when a people are conquered, the god of the conquerers become the supreme diety and the god of the conquered people becomes the demon.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by deadie(m): 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2011
tweeze:

men of little faith, dude were is your faith, movie fictions i guess caused all this, i wish it was in those days when he answers with fire from heaven directly, he might have burn your Bottom by now, am so angry with this nigga, lemmy ask u, what do u think your preaching huh, giving the world a picture of an octopus, to worship, look if u cant find your God thats left 4 u, i dnt know why them anti christ mess themselvs up all the time with silly question like this, tell me why u think your breathing right now?
grin grin grin Tales by moonlight
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by deadie(m): 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2011
globexl:

Interesting topic indeed.
Now to those that say the existence of life and all the wonders of the universe show that it had to be designed and created by god, let me briefly agree with you just for the sake of this argument. If we accept that the universe was designed and created by a singular entity, god,then a deeper question arises. Who created god? and who created the creator of god ? and on and on and on. Unless, god also created himself, as I have often  heard them claim. If there is one god, then why not too, and if there are two , then why not three or an entire clan? The religious folks often say that god is a mystery, and thats why we cannot understand his ways. Fine. BUt If that is so, then religion is redundant, superflous and highly irrelevant.
If god is a mystery, then why not employ the scientic or empirical method in the search for god?  

It is worthy of note that the authors and later editors of the holy books did not know what an atom was and did not understand that germs were the causes of disease and death. It is also worthy of note that the ancient hebrews worshipped a variety of gods contrary to what is commonly portrayed.  they worshipped, Baal, Ashtera, Lillith(the queen of heaven) as well as yahweh. It may shock you to know that the ancient jewish rabbis considered the foursome a family, with Yahweh as the father, Ashtera as the mother, Baal was the son and Lillith was the daughter. It was during the time of Elijah that the Yawehist declared war and attempted to stamp out the worship of the other three dieties. (first recorded case of religious intolerance). From that period on , the yahwehist gained control of the preisthood ,and naturally, they wrote scriptures  from their own point of view , eversince .

The bibble  has numerous and repeated references of multiple deities competing for power. The older scriptures mention, several canaanite deities such as  Adoni, El, El Elion, El Shadai(god of the mountain) and Yahweh. Modern  revisions and editions(??)( can a mortal revise and edit the supposed word of an all-knowing and infallible god?) have removed the names of these different dieties by simply compressing them into a singular LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. Very clever indeed.

It is also worthy of note that when a people are conquered, the god of the conquerers become the supreme diety and the god of the conquered people becomes the demon.

Chai my brother, Science bless you for the bolded cheesy. I have posted this numerous times. Why is this God better than Amadioha, Sango, Osun, etc? Because we were conquered and enslaved and had to adopt the religion of the conquering power. Not that I believe in any deity, but their God and Amadioha belong to the same category: imaginations of the ancient man.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Konjour(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2011
[b]I've studied advanced and applied astronomy as a nautical scientist for a number of years and personally,it has only given me more reason to

believe that God exists. For all the knowledge in science and darwinism,there is no veritable proof or even logical reasoning giving credence to

the factors that created the spark of life for the first time. Theories about chemicals combining to form life are absolute bollocks in my regard

especially when you bring the complexity of the DNA into the mix or the fragile balance of the gases in the air that allows for breathing.

That'll never happen or be created by chance.

But the fact is you'll always believe what YOU wanna and i hold no grudges against those who do not believe there is a supernatural being,

in fact some atheists cum scientists 'd tell you that religion generally was created as a symbol of Man's "instinctive" fear of the unknown which

still boils down to square one all over again: Spirituality and Physicality are as distant two worlds can get and you can never approve or disprove

one with the other. Sometimes,having an intimate experience of God's influence(and not chance/luck) helps,but even then you're still gon'

accept and believe what you wanna.  Nuff said for tonight! cool[/b]
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by deadie(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2011
If you believe in God, then you must know that this is the REAL Jesus. If you doubt me, tell me why.

Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 16, 2011
d end time is really here see DEVIL on nairaland
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by passyjango(m): 12:37am On Aug 16, 2011
God exists, so also do spirits. There are forces in this world that are yet to be accounted for by science. The weakness of science is that it assumes things do not exist until they are proven to exist. So if you wait for science, it maybe too late, because science is always limited by advances in technology.

For example, so far there are no concrete proof of life in other planets. But just because we cannot scientifically prove it, does not mean that life do not exist in other planetary bodies. It is foolish to think man is just body, blood, brain, heart and other organs. There is another dimension of human existence that science is yet to fully understand.

However, God does not need your belief to exist, neither does he need your prayers. God is complete in himself. In fact, you need God more than he needs you. Even if you do not believe in him, he will continue to love you and intervene in your life when need be. So being an atheist does not remove you from the control of God, he made you and will always be with you for all eternity or till your damnation.
Re: Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded by harakiri(m): 12:53am On Aug 16, 2011
@globexl, great write ups. Don't be surprised if the brain dead religious zombies who make up the larger bulk of nl refer to you as "the devil". Na as dia brain open reach dem dey show, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Journey To Freethinking / the secret of prayer and instant answers, by authority not by begging / Trinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.