Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures (33487 Views)

Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by gudugudumeje: 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Illiterates and renegades filled NUC and FGN.... For ur information, the FGN nor, the NUC is not the employer of university staff.....
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

whichever way, I blame the FG, they should stick to the agreement, if your father was a lecturer I'm sure you would not support FG...
We don't need ASUU strikes to make things better, what we need are good leaders, if we have bad leaders, no amount of strike will change anything.
I'm not supporting fg, I'm not supporting ASUU either.
But ASUU should stop using the students as collateral damage.
The law and all the neutrals are on students' side.
The students have suffered irreparable loss, even if ASUU take the case to supreme court, the judge will still tell them to go back to work and continue negotiating with FG.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

We don't need ASUU strikes to make things better, what we need are good leaders, if we have bad leaders, no amount of strike will change anything.
I'm not supporting fg, I'm not supporting ASUU either.
But ASUU should stop using the students as collateral damage.
The law and all the neutrals are on students' side.
The students have suffered irreparable loss, even if ASUU take the case to supreme court, the judge will still tell them to go back to work and continue negotiating with FG.

That's why the students should join ASAP to make demands, Imagine a student here telling me he is still going to vote for APC and you expect the FG to see such a statement and respond to the lecturers....
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

That's why the students should join ASAP to make demands, Imagine a student here telling me he is still going to vote for APC and you expect the FG to see such a statement and respond to the lecturers....
Students won't join ASUU to drive home their selfish interests.

Imagine the ASUU president in April saying they are ready to go on strike for two years, without minding the effects on students, thinking it will be business as usual when they will resume and get paid their salary arrears.
It was around April ending to early may that fg passed on the message of no work no pay.

Only few students are still pretending to support ASUU so as to be on their good books, you know how wicked and vindictive the average naija lecturer is.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by yemex04(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
PeterObi4LP:

Then and now are not the same thing. We grow and learn everyday. If you are not satisfied with is educational policies, go hug transformer.

It's fine... I didn't expect anything less.. You & your likes will always resort to insult & abuse
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Students won't join ASUU to drive home their selfish interests.

Imagine the ASUU president in April saying they are ready to go on strike for two years, without minding the effects on students, thinking it will be business as usual when they will resume and get paid their salary arrears.
It was around April ending to early may that fg passed on the message of no work no pay.

Only few students are still pretending to support ASUU so as to be on their good books, you know how wicked and vindictive the average naija lecturer is.

When they tell youths to vote in right candidates, some of them still collect money or vote with bias, no good government in the world will watch their students stay at home this long and not do something about it..
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ovamboland(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
FG should settle them and stop all these nonsense, I see a lot of people here blaming ASUU, but what they don't know is the implication of ASUU succumbing to FG, you see police behavior to Nigerian citizens will be a child's play when it comes to extortion on Nigerian students and the education delivery will be become even poorer just like Police service delivery is in Nigeria presently, The police has succumbed to that system a long time ago, that is why Nigerians suffer under the police system in Nigeria...

Let the FG pay them, it is a battle of survival for the educational system

See his mouth like government should pay them.

Who has been paying them before? Is it the money not enough to buy beer in 3 months that is used to run the school in a whole year?

Youwant education and don'twant to pay for it
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

When they tell youths to vote in right candidates, some of them still collect money or vote with bias, no good government in the world will watch their students stay at home this long and not do something about it..
ASUU or youths
Who play more vital roles in rigging of elections?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Faber(m): 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

Continue deceiving yourself, okay?

Wait until FG starts sacking those lecturers, that's when you will know that e no get who stubbornness epp.

My happiness is that some ASUU members are already tired of the strike coupled with the severe hunger wey dey visit some of them now.

Let the useless stubborn fools among them continue being stubborn until they find themselves unemployed.

Na dat time dem go finally realize say FG no be dia mate.

FG don withdraw the memo directing VCs to open the varsities. See guy, whatever you do, never defend the present FG, save you're complicit in their madness and cluelessness. Me and you who come dey deceive himself right now, see the FG you dey defend, they don Chicken out grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Are they not supposed to obey first pending the outcome of the appeal?
Was the appeal even accepted?

It's still quite bizarre to appeal (beg) that you don't want to go to work while also demanding for 7 months out of work salary.

I can't comment on this, those with Law background should explain it...

The appeal was accepted by the way
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by naikeboy(m): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
students kukuma read handouts. they are used to lecturers not teaching since independence. no difference
Hahahaha abi... Naija tire person ooo
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Wwwq: 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2022
Really
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

ASUU or youths
Who play more vital roles in rigging of elections?

Well as it stands. The students and the lecturers need to work together because the real enemy here is the federal government...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by TenQ: 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
Stop holding the Nigerian children hostage.
As an undergraduate student, I had a set of practical equipment to myself. As a lecturer, I have to find a way to teach 360 students with EIGHT practical equipment set.

When you improvise to a point, you resist. As far as parents are concerned, they want their ward to become a graduate. Unfortunately, an EMPTY graduate. Useless to himself an the society. That is why our economy is bad and we are underdeveloped.

If lecturing was so good, maybe I'll still be a lecturer as I enjoy the schedule. Unfortunately, no professor earns N500,000 except he is a political officer.

Only TWO unions can successfully face the truancy of the FG, NMA and ASUU. You should ask yourself why others can't.

It is good not to be biased. The FG is in the WRONG!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Jman06(m): 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2022
whitebeard:
come are u nigerian, or are u even in Nigeria..!

Tf are u using, u must really joke a lot..!
whitebeard

My point is that ASUU should not contribute to killing the Nigerian university system with their incessant strikes! They should device other means like fee increment to address funding needs.

The strikes are not necessary if we're to tell ourselves the truth.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2022
Faber:

FG don withdraw the memo directing VCs to open the varsities. See guy, whatever you do, never defend the present FG, save you're complicit in their madness and cluelessness. Me and you who come dey deceive himself right now, see the FG you dey defend, they don Chicken out grin grin

I don't even understand you.

What exactly are you celebrating here?

So to you, the FG withdrawing the memo ordering VCs to open the varsities is a very big victory for you ASUU strikers?

Shame on you guys.

The fact that you guys have gone on strike for almost a year and still the sky hasn't fallen shows how irrelevant you guys really are in the big picture?

Continue in your folly until you wake up one day only to discover that even your students have moved on to other aspects of their lives that really matter instead of relying on the worthless certificates that you guys award at the end of the day.

That is only when the cold, hard and harsh reality will hit you guys in the face.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2022
Jman06:
whitebeard

My point is that ASUU should not contribute to killing the Nigerian university system with their incessant strikes! They should device other means like fee increment to address funding needs.

The strikes are not necessary if we're to tell ourselves the truth.

Completely unnecessary but as usual that is what these motherfuckers_ do because they know that they will still get paid at the end of the day while the other parties concerned vis-à-vis the government, the parents, businesses in and around the host community and most importantly the students all lose a great deal.

Heartless and senseless bunch of fools who arrogantly call themselves intellectuals.

Intellectuals with absolutely nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by TheMegatron: 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

Completely unnecessary but as usual that is what these motherfuckers_ do because they know that they will still get paid at the end of the day while the other parties concerned vis-à-vis the government, the parents, businesses in and around the host community and most importantly the students all lose a great deal.

Heartless and senseless bunch of fools who arrogantly call themselves intellectuals.

Intellectuals with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Hahahahahah
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Faber(m): 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

I don't even understand you.

What exactly are you celebrating here?

So to you, the FG withdrawing the memo ordering VCs to open the varsities is a very big victory for you ASUU strikers?

Shame on you guys.

The fact that you guys have gone on strike for almost a year and still the sky hasn't fallen shows how irrelevant you guys really are in the big picture?

Continue in your folly until you wake up one day only to discover that even your students have moved on to other aspects of their lives that really matter instead of relying on the worthless certificates that you guys award at the end of the day.

That is only when the cold, hard and harsh reality will hit you guys in the face.

You too dey misyarn. What is awaiting the Politicians will shock you. There's a grand revolution cooking up.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2022
Faber:
You too dey misyarn. What is awaiting the Politicians will shock you. There's a grand revolution cooking up.

The only revolution I see coming is you people voting for Peter Obi of the Labour Party.

But It doesn't bother me at all simply because I am obidient too, myself.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ahmEenu(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
So in conclusion ASUU will not resume?
gudugudumeje:
Illiterates and renegades filled NUC and FGN.... For ur information, the FGN nor, the NUC is not the employer of university staff.....
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by iFESTAC680(m): 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

At this point, anybody who is not happy with his or her job should look for a better one.

Look for a better one??
@where? In this Nigeria?

The needful should be done. Governance is very lucrative while the civil service is dying.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by iFESTAC680(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
[quote author=Ebubu post=117025218]
is it FG duty to make you happy or your wife’s duty ?[/quote

Once they are been payed there will be happiness, that's the major area happiness comes from, the source of your livelihood.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by BJanta: 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
Thisis2raw:

Maturity is annoying an insult, mostly when it's coming from a low life

Thisis2raw:
Tho it's quite unfortunate am a partake of this strike, am suppose to a graduate now, cuz this is my last semester.

Can you see the grammatical grasp of an ' undergraduate ' : (1) ' am a partake ' , (2) ' am suppose to a graduate ' , (3) ' Maturity is annoying an insult ' . This is definitely the product of a demented and totally illiterate mind . Or maybe, absolute insanity.You are too low to be around here , even a JS2 student from a public school wouldn't utter this lowliness and madness.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hueyreckless0007: 6:07am On Oct 11, 2022
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 8:52am On Oct 24, 2022
slimzybeauty:
You don't use for to resolve issues. The moment FG went to court, the beginning of another problem. It will take ages before the issue will be resolved because it ail get to Supreme Court. By then, Buhari would have left government likewise his cohorts.

So didn’t ASUU obey the court order and resume grin

you dey talk wetting you no know grin

FG won

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photo: A Public Primary School In Bauchi State / Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? / FG Gives Licences To 20 New Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.