Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures (33533 Views)

Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2022
Regex:

Who fix their payslip to pay them? Lecturers as at now are being paid by ASUU till they end the strike.
Lol
ASUU(some branches) through their various cooperatives societies borrowed money to sustain their members through the period of this strike, with the hope that they will pay back once they get paid for their several months of sit at home.
It's debt money, that's why the major problem now is the Salary arrears.
They want to get it before they resume.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2022
lagosrd:

It will do . Cos we are running a wasteful government. How many barrels of crude oil have been stolen in recent years? Multiply that and do your mathematics.

How much loan was gotten in relation to the current delivered infrastructure, does it match?

Again, want to know a scary fact...

If no barrels of oil were stolen, and if we were at 3 million barrels of crude per day...we would still be a poor nation.

We can never be like Saudi or the UAE in terms of prosperity because they have populaitons...40 and 11 million respectively...far less than our 200 million odd people.

The oil stealing has to stop, that is a fact, and APC has failed in that oil stealing goes on, and oil production has plummeted since it took power.... But the fact is, the oil we produce cannot sustain our populaiton. We have known this since 2012 at least, when a former CBN governor broke it down for all of us. (In essence, Saudi has one barrel of oil supplying 3 people's financial needs...Nigeria has one barrel of oil supplying more than 80 people's financial needs...)

That's why people like me think that Nigeria needs a side hustle. Oil is not enough...unless we told 190million people they are no longer Nigerians....but Australians.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2022
Faber:

These VCs cannot be forced to reopen the varsities, some of them are not even in the country right. FG is just messing with the most stubborn set of people. They no send FG
This is not dictatorship, this case was taken to court and fg is just laying emphasis on the court ruling.

Vcs don't have to literaly come down to the schools to open school gates, the directives can be given from anywhere, there are other principal officers like the registrars, Dvcs and co.
What usually follows something like this is an adjusted academic calender.

You might think ASUU are stubborn, but they've not seen something like this before, they even lost a case in court. After this strike, they won't remain the same.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Upworkwriter007(f): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

ASUU should resume lectures

Likewise, negotiations should keep going on simultaneously with FG.

To the victory of Nigeria

IPOB supporters and Peter Obi supporters are wishing the strike don’t end till next year hoping it’ll vote APC out.

God has shamed you all enemies of Nigeria.
You think FG will negotiate afterwards.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

You just made noise and didn't proffer any solution, so people should work and not be well paid, I'm not a lecturer and don't even have lecturer friends, I graduated in 2010 from UNILAG, the government here is the one that is wicked and insensitive, very heartless with massive corruption.

What is wrong with ASUU demanding for their rights based on agreement that the FG is breaking...

Pay them for doing which work?

Was FG owing ASUU before they embarked on another of their usual strikes?

You ASUU guys always embark on strike because you know that you will still be paid after everything thing.

Unfortunately for you guys now, the federal government has said no, not again this time.

It is no longer business as usual: NO WORK NO PAY!!!

And I support the government.

ASUU must be taught a very heavy lesson this time so that next time they will think twice before embarking on any type of strike for any reason whatsoever.

A union that wants 180% increment in salary to the detriment of other unions in the same university and the entire civil service at large.

What greediness!

A union dictating to their employer on how they should be paid.

What insolence!

Thunder fire ASUU.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

Pay them for doing which work?

Was FG owing ASUU before they embarked on another of their usual strikes?

You ASUU guys always embark on strike because you know that you will still be paid after everything thing.

Unfortunately for you guys now, the federal government has said no, not again this time.

It is no longer business as usual.

And I support the government.

ASUU must be taught a very heavy lesson this time so that next time they will think twice before embarking on any type of strike for any reason whatsoever.

A union that wants 180% increment in salary to the detriment of other unions in the same university and the entire civil service at large.

What greediness!

A union dictating to their employer on how they should be paid.

What insolence!

Thunder fire ASUU.

From what you wrote here it is very clear that you have very little information about the whole issue, please go and read the ASUU FG signed agreement from 2009 and why they are on strike before coming back to argue, if you have not read it please don't quote me because you will be dishing out noise without facts...

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2022
Faber:

These VCs cannot be forced to reopen the varsities, some of them are not even in the country right. FG is just messing with the most stubborn set of people. They no send FG

Continue deceiving yourself, okay?

Wait until FG starts sacking those lecturers, that's when you will know that e no get who stubbornness epp.

My happiness is that some ASUU members are already tired of the strike coupled with the severe hunger wey dey visit some of them now.

Let the useless stubborn fools among them continue being stubborn until they find themselves unemployed.

Na dat time dem go finally realize say FG no be dia mate.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by lagosrd: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Again, want to know a scary fact...

If no barrels of oil were stolen, and if we were at 3 million barrels of crude per day...we would still be a poor nation.

We can never be like Saudi or the UAE in terms of prosperity because they have populaitons...40 and 11 million respectively...far less than our 200 million odd people.

The oil stealing has to stop, that is a fact, and APC has failed in that oil stealing goes on, and oil production has plummeted since it took power.... But the fact is, the oil we produce cannot sustain our populaiton. We have known this since 2012 at least, when a former CBN governor broke it down for all of us. (In essence, Saudi has one barrel of oil supplying 3 people's financial needs...Nigeria has one barrel of oil supplying more than 80 people's financial needs...)

That's why people like me think that Nigeria needs a side hustle. Oil is not enough...unless we told 190million people they are no longer Nigerians....but Australians.

In as much I don't want to argue your points , do you think our population is what they ditch to us? The government that Interfares with what the beaureu of statistics is ditching out.

A country that imports normads , has no serious boarder control mechanism at all , whose customs goes inward to the market to seize illegal goods that have passed the recommended distance to the boarder and we don't know what they do with it.

Normadic economy ( one legged oil economy, preference for cows over crop production)

Normadic education ( some students have been in part one since corona period)

Normadic politicians ( from one part to another).

Well, it's not now, but we should be celebrating mediocrity and snail movements.

Nigerians aren't demanding for too much.
Good water
Good road
Good light
Security
Enabling business environment
Thats all
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

From what you wrote here it is very clear that you have very little information about the whole issue, please go and read the ASUU FG signed agreement from 2009 and why they are on strike before coming back to argue, if you have not read it please don't quote me because you will be dishing out noise without facts...

Agreement was reached since 2009 under the prevailing economic situation as at that time, and the useless ASUU couldn't get the government to implement whatever they agreed upon since then.

And now that the country and whole world is going thru severe economic times, they want the so called agreement to be implemented by fire by force!

ASUU has bitten off more they can chew this time around.

Let them swallow their pride and shame and return to the classroom or let them continue with their indefinite strike in severe hunger.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
lagosrd:

In as much I don't want to argue your points , do you think our population is what they ditch to us? The government that Interfares with what the beaureu of statistics is ditching out.

A country that imports normads , has no serious boarder control mechanism at all , whose customs goes inward to the market to seize illegal goods that have passed the recommended distance to the boarder and we don't know what they do with it.

Normadic economy ( one legged oil economy, preference for cows over crop production)

Normadic education ( some students have been in part one since corona period)

Normadic politicians ( from one part to another).

Well, it's not now, but we should be celebrating mediocrity and snail movements.

Nigerians aren't demanding for too much.
Good water
Good road
Good light
Security
Enabling business environment
Thats all

At this point, you have gone the tribalisim route...so I bid thee adieu.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

Agreement was reached since 2009 under the prevailing economic situation as at that time, and the useless ASUU couldn't get the government to implement whatever they agreed upon.

And now that the country and whole world is going thru severe economic times, they want the so called agreement to be implemented by fire by force!

ASUU has bitten off more they can chew this time around.

Let them swallow their pride and shame and return to the classroom or let them continue with their indefinite strike in severe hunger.

Why not carry gun and force them to return, even the FG is fighting a lost battle on this one because their party APC will receive the result of not solving the issue before election day...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

Why not carry gun and force them to return, even the FG is fighting a lost battle on this one because their party APC will receive the result of not solving the issue before election day...

It is not a matter of carrying gun to force anybody to start teaching.

It is a matter of using legal means to remind those idiot strikers who the boss really and truly is.

If the FG likes, they can continue delaying the case until this government leaves by May next year while ASUU continues to waste & keep shooting themselves in the foot and hurting so much in the process.

The battle line has been drawn.

Lest I forget, Buhari does not really care if APC wins or loses the next election, so you guys can do your worst.

That is one simple fact that the so called body of intellectuals cannot even see.

What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

It is not a matter of carrying.

It is a matter of using legal means to remind those idiot strikers who the boss really and truly is.

If the FG likes, they can continue delaying the case until this government leaves by May next year while ASUU continues to waste shoot themselves in the foot and hurting so much in the process.

The battle line has been drawn.

Of course APC will lose last last, you expect students and parents of students to vote for them for keeping them at home, ASUU are not politicians and have nothing to lose in the election, they will only carry the burden ad throw to the next government to solve...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ahmEenu(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2022
Once lectures starts. Federal government will forget about ASUU.
nony43:
This thing is Govt is not sincere in their negotiations. ASUU should consider, the negotiations can go on while lectures continues the students have really suffered.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ahmEenu(m): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2022
Please forgive my ignorance, which court did they go to? And can ASUU still appeal?
slimzybeauty:
You don't use for to resolve issues. The moment FG went to court, the beginning of another problem. It will take ages before the issue will be resolved because it ail get to Supreme Court. By then, Buhari would have left government likewise his cohorts.

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Amayabor1: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2022
Spirit04:
but you don't know that I was a PDP member until few weeks ago. If PDP had picked Wike I'd have still been a PDP member

Okay. But that you were a pdp member doesn't mean you couldn't criticise the the then pdp govt sha.

As for wike. Leave wike. No politician that knows his left from his right will pick a person like Wike to be his VP.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by lagosrd: 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

At this point, you have gone the tribalisim route...so I bid thee adieu.

Which tribalism route ...... Haba why do people hate to hear the truth. Tribalism against who? This is purely successive systemic failure. It didn't start one day and has been left abandoned.

So anyone they doesn't agree to go your way is s tribal person? Hahaha you must be holding brief for a tax lord.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
lagosrd:

Which tribalism route ...... Haba why do people hate to hear the truth. Tribalism against who? This is purely successive systemic failure. It didn't start one day and has been left abandoned.

So anyone they doesn't agree to go your way is s tribal person? Hahaha you must be holding brief for a tax lord.

Once you started mentioning nomadism, I knew.

You don't want to adress my points because addressing them means facing things you don't want to face, so you brought nomadism as if I was supporting fulanis and buhari..points I never mentioned, or alluded to......so as to look like you have the high ground.

At any rate, adieu. I can't discuss with people who think others oppress them, and who always think they are the victim.

If you don't want to accept that Nigeria does not have enough money, and that saying that does not mean I back corruption and fulanis, and buhari, then I can't discuss with you.

Nice strawman by the way. It's big and beautiful.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

Of course APC will lose last last, you expect students and parents of students to vote for them for keeping them at home, ASUU are not politicians and have nothing to lose in the election, they will only carry the burden ad throw to the next government to solve...

That was your useless mentality before that you have nothing to lose whenever you go on strike.

But this time around, the FG wants to remind you guys that you have everything to lose.

First you have lost your 7 months salary and counting...

How long will the banks keep on granting you those loans when you are incapable of paying back?

Have you ever thought of that?

Next you will lose your jobs that gives you so much pride.

Then you will lose your dignity and self worth.

Then las las, you guys will come back begging, ready to accept whatever offer the government has so far as you guys can feed.

The FG is bent on shaming ASUU into submission and it's quite unfortunate that you guys are playing into that part perfectly.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

That was your useless mentality before that you have nothing to lose whenever you go on strike.

But this time around, the FG wants to remind you guys that you have everything to lose.

First you have lost your 7 months salary and counting...

How long will the banks keep on granting you those loans when you are incapable of paying back?

Have you ever thought of that?

Next you will lose your jobs that gives you so much pride.

Then you will lose your dignity and self worth.

Then las las, you guys will come back begging, ready to accept whatever offer the government has so far as you guys can feed.

The FG is bent on shaming ASUU into submission and it's quite unfortunate that you guys are playing into that part perfectly.

Like I told you before, I'm not a lecturer, I'm only standing for equity and justice, the truth is a lot of the lecturers have a lot of side hustles, APC as a government will be the biggest losers...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2022
Dshocker:
Who killed Funsho Williams?
Kingsley_Adeseye_Ogunlewe
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by BigYash: 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hueyreckless0007:

Which Nigerians?

Speak for yourself.
And that's why buhari and his fellow treasury looters sees you as a fool. Someone that could buy cars for another country, can't fund education in his own country. You're there,saying trash.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by lagosrd: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Once you started mentioning nomadism, I knew.

You don't want to adress my points because addressing them means facing things you don't want to face, so you brought nomadism as if I was supporting fulanis and buhari..points I never mentioned, or alluded to......so as to look like you have the high ground.

At any rate, adieu. I can't discuss with people who think others oppress them, and who always think they are the victim.

If you don't want to accept that Nigeria does not have enough money, and that saying that does not mean I back corruption and fulanis, and buhari, then I can't discuss with you.

Nice strawman by the way. It's big and beautiful.

Normadic means being very very unstable. One has to move away from status quo or being inconsistent . I never meant what you're thinking or your thought on the subject matter. As a matter of fact , what has tribal issue got to do with our subject of discussion. All tribes are involved in this misnormal we have . What I am saying is that we are clearly sets of unorganized people whose aim is soley to consume and not produce despite God's given brain , land and resources.

I am not going to apologize cos I have said nothing wrong and better still I never mentioned any tribe in my writeup. Anyway I doubt if you stay here in Nigeria or you're just some random bot for you to say Nigeria has no money.

If I open the chapter of natural resources to you, you will say.... Why now but you need to first disabuse your mind of your parochial belief and the mindset the political elites have pumped there to mislead you that Nigeria has no money. Bon voyage
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
Like I told you before, I'm not a lecturer, I'm only standing for equity and justice, the truth is a lot of the lecturers have a lot of side hustles, APC as a government will be the biggest losers...

What equity is there in holding the students accross the country hostage over pay increment?

Does that make any sense to you?

Does that sound like justice to you?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

What equity is there in holding the students accross the country hostage over pay increment?

Does that make any sense to you?

Does that sound like justice to you?

The FG are the ones holding the students hostage...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

I am a student and I will still vote APC. ASUU are my sworn enemies for making me waste 8 months house rents in 2020 and 2022 and keeping me at home through out 2020 and 2022 as well.

Thank you FG for punishing them. Please never pay them their 8months salary for sitting at home.

But please, pay any lecturer that resumes lectures next week.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
I am a student and I will still vote APC. ASUU are my sworn enemies for making me waste 8 months house rents in 2020 and 2022 and keeping me at home through out 2020 and 2022 as well.

Thank you FG for punishing them. Please never pay them their 8months salary for sitting at home.

But please, pay any lecturer that resumes lectures next week.

Your problem.... I've graduated sine 2010, I watched Tinubu's 2015 campaign video and he promised ASUU will never go on strike if they were elected and today, they have broken the record of the longest strike, it's your choice to vote for people who don't keep to their words...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

Your problem.... I've graduated sine 2010, I watched Tinubu's 2015 campaign video and he promised ASUU will never go on strike if they were elected and today, they have broken the record of the longest strike, it's your choice to vote for people who don't keep to their words...
ASUU have the record and they have broken it, they can still extend it if they like.

This one below is lamenting about hunger, they still have the chance to work and earn October salary

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 5:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

ASUU have the record and they have broken it, they can still extend it if they like.

This one below is lamenting about hunger, they still have the chance to work and earn October salary

APC's loss will be the biggest...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:

APC's loss will be the biggest...
APC have already lost many years ago.
This is not APC vs ASUU, not everyone who is not a fan of strike and wasting of student's time is an APC supporter.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

APC have already lost many years ago.
This is not APC vs ASUU, not everyone who is not a fan of strike and wasting of student's time is an APC supporter.

whichever way, I blame the FG, they should stick to the agreement, if your father was a lecturer I'm sure you would not support FG...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by raphaeladeyele: 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hmmmmm, Where NUC since all these months for contributed for the solution that is on ground

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Visitation To Kogi State University, Anyigba (photos & Video) / Breaking: Waec Finally Released 2017 May/june WASSCE Results / Student Mocks ASUU, Signs Out With Shirt Marked "ASUU LOL"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.