Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures (33523 Views)

Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ResearchGateNg: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
Nigeria! embarassed
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by okechuks22: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

ASUU should resume lectures

Likewise, negotiations should keep going on simultaneously with FG.

To the victory of Nigeria

IPOB supporters and Peter Obi supporters are wishing the strike don’t end till next year hoping it’ll vote APC out.

God has shamed you all enemies of Nigeria.
this one don't even have common sense
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

Let their negotiation team continue negotiating with the government or take the government to court while academic activities continue.

Sadly, at the end of the day, this is exactly the same thing the court has asked them do.

Thank God you know the outcome of that already which they already knew before it happened, so what should they do as at now?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by olatade(m): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
sorry oh! no go teach! when your mates receive october salary, while you strike into christmas. i go see how you go take buy christmas rice chop.

I no be xtain oga
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ateizaa(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
Fg dont want youths to gather all in the name of obedient movement campaign
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
olatade:

I no be xtain oga
no wahala. begin now to borrow money u go use renew rent as january don dey reach. also remember skul fees dey wait for u for january if u don born.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Pierce008: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
sultan003:

Tell your prof to go and lecture simple... it is not by force to join union

The same prof will still apply for tetfund NRF that ASUU fought for

Before you quote me next time read to understand, there is nowhere in my write up I said he is against the strike as he only mentioned that despite the agitation, there are certain lecturers that are against strikes.

Wether you like it or not in any democratic setting, not everyone will support every agitation.

Personally, I feel every right thinking Nigeria would not support the lingering on of this strike. It's long overdue.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by TenQ: 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:

thank God you’re not a lecturer. Enemy of Nigeria
I was a lecturer, so I understand.

The government of Nigeria is EVIL!

They signed an agreement with ASUU.
They renegotiated the agreement TWICE.
They now want to dabaru the whole agreement.

Only satan and his followers do that!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ateizaa(m): 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
The number of obedient for each rally is the beginning of wisdom for FG
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
Conner44:

He he he grin

Mugu tongue
oh you tryna diss Hndrrxxx that will prolly get you killed??
Last nigga dissed me, he dropped nigga
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:

NASU will receive salary before the month ends

Shebi sept is almost finishing....make we dey watch

Also, i hope una know that the VCs are members of ASUU?

Even the process that leads to the appointment of VCs, ASUU plays a major role..

Most VCs if not all, when they finish their tenure will still revert back to their lecturing jobs
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by olatade(m): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
no wahala. begin now to borrow money u go use renew rent as january don dey reach. also remember skul fees dey wait for u for january if u don born.

I don build 'houses' already. I have my investments yielding sweet profits for me. No qualms on shcl fees. Etc

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Conner44: 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
oh you tryna diss Hndrrxxx that will prolly get you killed??
Last nigga dissed me, he dropped nigga

He dropped what? undecided

BOMB ontop your big head abi? grin
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Pierce008:

Before you quote me next time read to understand, there is nowhere in my write up I said he is against the strike as he only mentioned that despite the agitation, there are certain lecturers that are against strikes.

Wether you like it or not in any democratic setting, not everyone with support every agitation.

Personally, I feel every right thinking Nigeria would support the lingering on of this strike. It's long overdue.

Well, My statement still applies... it is not by force to be a union member, whoever that is against should go and teach
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hndrrxxx(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2022
Conner44:

He dropped what? undecided

BOMB ontop your big head abi? grin
cap-ass, yapass, battery-in-the-back-ass, you know you ain’t built like that??
Okay play and get yo ass smashed
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by PeterObi4LP: 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2022
yemex04:

Beyond the YouTube Rhetorics, how did he handle Unizik ASUU & Medical Doctors strike in Anambra state when he held sway as the Governor of the State.. That's the practical thing.. All politicians have sweet mouth.

Then and now are not the same thing. We grow and learn everyday. If you are not satisfied with is educational policies, go hug transformer.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Acidosis(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

ASUU should resume lectures

Likewise, negotiations should keep going on simultaneously with FG.

To the victory of Nigeria

IPOB supporters and Peter Obi supporters are wishing the strike don’t end till next year hoping it’ll vote APC out.

God has shamed you all enemies of Nigeria.

So if schools resume today, you will vote APC?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2022
olatade:

I don build 'houses' already. I have my investments yielding sweet profits for me. No qualms on shcl fees. Etc
no wahala na. strike till next two years.

Let those who want to resume, resume.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ofuonyebi: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
I only hope ASUU will not shoot themselves in their own leg if they fail to heed the wise call
the days of dwelling and living on the peoples sentiments are over

any failure to resume Lectures means ASUU is fighting for its selfish pockets
it will later end in regrets.....the students have suffered enough....no more politics

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
sultan003:

Shebi sept is almost finishing....make we dey watch

Also, i hope una know that the VCs are members of ASUU?

Even the process that leads to the appointment of VCs, ASUU plays a major role..

Most VCs if not all, when they finish their tenure will still revert back to their lecturing jobs

the VCs will obey the directive from NUC. those who don’t obey it may risk some accreditations when NUC comes knocking lolz VCs dey fear.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ebubu: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
TenQ:

I was a lecturer, so I understand.

The government of Nigeria is EVIL!

They signed an agreement with ASUU.
They renegotiated the agreement TWICE.
They now want to dabaru the whole agreement.

Only satan and his followers do that!
Stop holding the Nigerian children hostage.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:

the VCs will obey the directive from NUC. those who don’t obey it may risk some accreditations when NUC comes knocking lolz VCs dey fear.

Hahahaha!

Okay oo
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Fxwarrior: 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:

court ordered ASUU to resume. respect court injunctions oga.

I want to know if the months of closure was worth it. Do you know the time lost?

Can it be recovered?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sayso: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2022
OKEY30:
Waste of time. FG has no power to force them to resume

Clueless government mtcheew
Then they should be ready to leave the universities. There are more qualified lecturers out there but they cannot get into the fed uni cause of connections, some are teaching in private sec school earning 30k.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Conner44: 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
cap-ass, yapass, battery-in-the-back-ass, you know you ain’t built like that??
Okay play and get yo ass smashed

Jesu! You want to smash my ass ? shocked

I know you’re a small boy but know that homosexuality carries a 14yr jail term in Nigeria today.

Even If you’re not yet up to 18 they will remand you in a juvenile incarceration center until you grow old enough to join your fellow ass smashers in kirikiri wink
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by tritt(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2022
Imagine na, person never chop you say make him go teach.

System202:
Nigerians are hundred percent behind ASUU. Buhari Do your worst, you are useless , come 29may u and your cohorts especially this ngige will b history
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by REALretep(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2022
This is what happens when a retired military general who has had no university education is made President and Commander-in-Chief in the 21st century jet age.

So pathetic
*spits*
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by naijapikin2(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2022
You will also force open the mouths of the lecturers and make them teach by force.

Fulani bandit government.

Banza kawai
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by lagosrd: 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

4 Billion might look like a lot of money, but ASUU needs something like a trillion naira at least, over a year. If not more, and in continous funding...

4 billion, unless it was 4 billion dollars or pounds, won't cut it.

Let them give them something first bro. At least if you know you're at fault you should be magnanimous enough to say ok we have money to solve 2 out of 7 issues you raised and the whole country will que behind them. But doing nothing and looking for court judgement against a striking workforce is and will be counter productive .
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by linocol0075: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Na people wey dem owe won lecture there ??

They are not owed as they did not offer any services within the time frame of the strike. No work no pay

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2022
lagosrd:

Let them give them something first bro. At least if you know you're at fault you should be magnanimous enough to say ok we have money to solve 2 out of 7 issues you raised and the whole country will que behind them. But doing nothing and looking for court judgement against a striking workforce is and will be counter productive .

Even if they give them 4 billion, it would not even be up to a tenth of what our universities really need.

Plus government has been giving small amounts like that (17 billion a few years ago). As you can see, it isn't working.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by lagosrd: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

Even if they give them 4 billion, it would not even be up to a tenth of what our universities really need.

Plus government has been giving small amounts like that (17 billion a few years ago). As you can see, it isn't working.

Now directing the VCs to go ahead and open the school won't solve it either without addressing the issue at hand. So you will have students in school with hungry lecturers and dilapidated infrastructures. Oga something will do something..... Ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cynthia Okafor Is University Of Ibadan Best Pharmacy Graduating Student / My Visitation To Kogi State University, Anyigba (photos & Video) / Breaking: Waec Finally Released 2017 May/june WASSCE Results

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.