Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,161 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures (33518 Views)

Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Jostoman: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

ASUU should resume lectures

Likewise, negotiations should keep going on simultaneously with FG.

To the victory of Nigeria

IPOB supporters and Peter Obi supporters are wishing the strike don’t end till next year hoping it’ll vote APC out.

God has shamed you all enemies of Nigeria.
it is you and your Oga that is enemy of Nigeria because your Oga is youths destiny killer.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
lagosrd:

Now directing the VCs to go ahead and open the school won't solve it either without addressing the issue at hand. So you will have students in school with hungry lecturers and dilapidated infrastructures. Oga something will do something..... Ooo

That's why fees have to go up or taxes have to go up to fund universities adequately.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

IPOB supporters and Peter Obi supporters are wishing the strike don’t end till next year hoping it’ll vote APC out.

common sense u lack....Maybe na Peter obi refused to honour the agreement....a**hole
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by HolyPussy: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2022
Brendaniel:
Thank God you know the outcome of that already which they already knew before it happened, so what should they do as at now?

They should go back to classes with immediate effect and stop wasting people's time by going to the court to appeal what I don't know.

The government has already put them in a very difficult corner.

Tell your fellow ASUU members that you shouldn't continue making it any more difficult for you guys.

You have lost the public sympathy.

People have seen how selfish, insensitive, heartless and ridiculous you guys really are.

You are making impossible demands in an economy that is barely managing to survive and you want the rest of the masses to be clapping for you?

That's bullshit_
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Switruth: 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

u dey breathe from ur anus.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Akmike1983: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
ASUU too shld bend pls, APC government ve no joy, this strike is long overdue
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by okorogodwin4(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

you be rel odoyo online kpomo eating tillubuu urchin

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2022
sultan003:

Shebi sept is almost finishing....make we dey watch

Also, i hope una know that the VCs are members of ASUU?

Even the process that leads to the appointment of VCs, ASUU plays a major role..

Most VCs if not all, when they finish their tenure will still revert back to their lecturing jobs
FG is just laying emphasis on the court order.
The court already ordered ASUU to go back to work.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2022
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Brendaniel: 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

They should go back to classes with immediate effect and stop wasting people's time by going to the court to appeal what I don't know.

Tell your fellow ASUU members that you shouldn't continue making it any more difficult for you guys.

People have seen how selfish, insensitive, heartless and ridiculous you guys really are.

You are making impossible demands in an economy that is barely managing to survive and you want the rest of the masses to be clapping for you?

That's bullshit_

You just made noise and didn't proffer any solution, so people should work and not be well paid, I'm not a lecturer and don't even have lecturer friends, I graduated in 2010 from UNILAG, the government here is the one that is wicked and insensitive, very heartless with massive corruption.

What is wrong with ASUU demanding for their rights based on agreement that the FG is breaking...
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
HolyPussy:

That's bullshit_

1.ASUU is not selfish. They go on strike because the alternative is that universities would have to raise fees to as high as 500000 naira or more to survive.

Few years ago, one VC of a Nigerian university made a speech, the gist of which was 'If we want cambridge type universites here, let's charge cambridge type fees' He also detailed his overhead cost, and the fact that government can only afford to give him one sixth of the money needed.

2.If you want to face reality like I do, then don't complain when fees go up. Or accept your universities as they are...because that is what we can afford on fees as low as 200-500 dollars a year, maybe less.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by lagosrd: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

That's why fees have to go up or taxes have to go up to fund universities adequately.

Never, I don't subscribe to that. Must we tax people to death. Let me inform you on where Nigeria money is going to.

The numbers of SAs , SSAs, MDGs doing virtually the same thing . Ok on what basis is road safety and Vio working. On what basis is peace corps is about to be established and we still have civil defence corps, national taskforce etc

On what basis do we have blooted project where a kilometer of road cost #1billion.

In what basis do you take the fuel from depot during Obasanjo's time and demolish all the toll gates snow and you want to put the same toll gates back.

Why should it be the masses that will suffer for it.

If they need more ideas , they should tell us. You get the granite here, the filling sand here and the butimen , yet your kilometer of road costs #1billion.

Allowance and estacodes nko,

Ok , the same job you employed civil defence corps for is the same contract to secure pipelines given to tompolo and OPC . No be juju be that
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
iFESTAC680:
How do you force people to go to work when they are not happy?

What kind of lectures do you want them to give?

what kind of students do you want them to breed?

What kind of society do you want to achieve in the nearest future ?
At this point, anybody who is not happy with his or her job should look for a better one.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
lagosrd:

Never, I don't subscribe to that. Must we tax people to death. Let me inform you on where Nigeria money is going to.

The numbers of SAs , SSAs, MDGs doing virtually the same thing . Ok on what basis is road safety and Vio working. On what basis is peace corps is about to be established and we still have civil defence corps, national taskforce etc

On what basis do we have blooted project where a kilometer of road cost #1billion.

In what basis do you take the fuel from depot during Obasanjo's time and demolish all the toll gates snow and you want to put the same toll gates back.

Why should it be the masses that will suffer for it.

If they need more ideas , they should tell us. You get the granite here, the filling sand here and the butimen , yet your kilometer of road costs #1billion.

Allowance and estacodes nko,

Ok , the same job you employed civil defence corps for is the same contract to secure pipelines given to tompolo and OPC . No be juju be that

In return, what if I told you that even if we spent all the money from government...and all the loot, it won't be enough.

Universites are expensive, money eating , things.(That's why all our private universites are so so expensive). You need like billions of dollars...hundereds of billions, to adequately fund universites anywhere in the world.

Infact, we probably need half of what we earn as budget to even get our government owned universities close to what high class universites abroad look like. I'm not scaring you,....I'm just stating facts.

If you don't want fees raised, then you have to accept the universites as bad as they are.

Finally, there are a million and one other things that need that money...like our primary and secondary schools, health care sector, power sector, etc...and the money won't be enough.

Nigeria needs something like an annual budget of 50 trillion naira before we can begin to talk about freedom from poverty....not the 13 trillion, half of which is going to be spent on subsidies for petrol and debt servicing...before we see anything. Plus loans.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Omoye87: 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
I've already moved on��....please watch my video and suscribe to my channel �������

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0ckMxxScg
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Thisis2raw(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2022
comrChris:

You're a partaker or you're affected by the strike?
Or are you also an ASUU member?
Because I don't understand
affected.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
Conner44:

Jesu! You want to smash my ass ? shocked

I know you’re a small boy but know that homosexuality carries a 14yr jail term in Nigeria today.

Even If you’re not yet up to 18 they will remand you in a juvenile incarceration center until you grow old enough to join your fellow ass smashers in kirikiri wink

just say you want smoke? and we gon come where you stay
Take my gun everywhere, I’m from the A
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Thisis2raw(m): 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
BJanta:

Lazy lout like you with fear of bagging Ordinary Pass degree would naturally support ASUU.
Maturity is annoying an insult, mostly when it's coming from a low life
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Soso990240(m): 2:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
good one

Typical Tinubu supporter. You must find a way to drag Peter Obi into APC incompetence.. tuueehh. Why is Tinubu not campaigning on Buhari/APC legacy? Why is he using Lagos a former FCT to campaign?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Conner44: 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
just say you want smoke? and we gon come where you stay
Take my gun everywhere, I’m from the A

Does the ‘A’ you speak of stand for ‘Ass’ ? shocked

If yes then whose Ass did you crawl out from ?

I think you should take your smoke and gun and crawl on back into the Ass from which you came undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by sultan003(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

FG is just laying emphasis on the court order.
The court already order ASUU to go back to work.

I know.... ASUU has already appealed the order
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
Conner44:

I think you should take your smoke and gun and crawl on back into the Ass from which you came undecided
We don’t talk, we put niggas on TV.
Tell me where you stay shrimp-boy??
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2022
Conner44:

we gon slide, wet your shit up and made it home ‘fore you hear a siren(on my mama)
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by JJuanMiguel: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2022
sultan003:

I know.... ASUU has already appealed the order
Are they not supposed to obey first pending the outcome of the appeal?
Was the appeal even accepted?

It's still quite bizarre to appeal (beg) that you don't want to go to work while also demanding for 7 months out of work salary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Are they not supposed to obey first pending the outcome of the appeal?
Was the appeal even accepted?

It's still quite bizarre to appeal (beg) that you don't want to go to work while also demanding for 7 months out of work salary.
ASUU dumbass trifling son grin
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by ufuosman(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
Dem no serious
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Conner44: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
We don’t talk, we put niggas on TV.
Tell me where you stay shrimp-boy??

How can you talk when you don’t have anything to say? lipsrsealed

You want to put me on tv? Yours or mine? Be yum sure your tv can’t support my weight if you put me ontop it undecided

You want to know where I stay why? So you can come to try and molest me? Remember the 14yrs jail time I calculated for people like you before?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Regex: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ebubu:
immediately the other lecturers teach for one month and receive salary, while the striking lecturers lazying at home don’t receive salaries, the striking lecturers will start running back into classrooms in droves to teach and also get paidgrin

Who fix their payslip to pay them? Lecturers as at now are being paid by ASUU till they end the strike.
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Conner44: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
we gon slide, wet your shit up and made it home ‘fore you hear a siren(on my mama)

You’re gonna ‘slide’ what into where?

Wet what ‘shit’ up? I hope it’s not my shit that you plan to slide into. My shit smells very bad oh shocked

If you try it the only ‘siren’ you will hear is the one that is on the ambulance that will be dragging you to emergency ward tongue
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by Faber(m): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2022
tayewomi:
Omoh!
Buhari loves wavulence,let's see who's more powerful btw ASUU and FG.

These VCs cannot be forced to reopen the varsities, some of them are not even in the country right. FG is just messing with the most stubborn set of people. They no send FG
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by lagosrd: 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2022
Kasssandra:

In return, what if I told you that even if we spent all the money from government...and all the loot, it won't be enough.

Universites are expensive, money eating , things.(That's why all our private universites are so so expensive). You need like billions of dollars...hundereds of billions, to adequately fund universites anywhere in the world.

Infact, we probably need half of what we earn as budget to even get our government owned universities close to what high class universites abroad look like. I'm not scaring you,....I'm just stating facts.

If you don't want fees raised, then you have to accept the universites as bad as they are.

Finally, there are a million and one other things that need that money...like our primary and secondary schools, health care sector, power sector, etc...and the money won't be enough.

Nigeria needs something like an annual budget of 50 trillion naira before we can begin to talk about freedom from poverty....not the 13 trillion, half of which is going to be spent on subsidies for petrol and debt servicing...before we see anything. Plus loans.

It will do . Cos we are running a wasteful government. How many barrels of crude oil have been stolen in recent years? Multiply that and do your mathematics.

How much loan was gotten in relation to the current delivered infrastructure, does it match?
Re: FG Orders VCs To Reopen Varsities, Commence Lectures by emmafineboy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2022
System202:
Nigerians are hundred percent behind ASUU. Buhari Do your worst, you are useless , come 29may u and your cohorts especially this ngige will b history
Which Nigerians? Ur d only person behind dem d re all greedy...if i be FG I'll get dia Executives arrested azap

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? / Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics) / Cynthia Okafor Is University Of Ibadan Best Pharmacy Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.