Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,645 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

“I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu (1511 Views)

Wedding Called Off After Bride Got Pregnant By Another Man / Lady Who Got Pregnant At 23 As A Virgin Without Penetrative Sex (pics) / "I Got Pregnant From A One Night Stand At Age 16... And This Happened..." (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Amb1045(m): 10:05am On Sep 27, 2022
“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my current husband and then the issue of marriage came up.

I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I that he doesn’t want a court marriage for no reason.

My parents tried talking to him, I cried and begged him severally to legalize his marriage with me but he stood his grounds not to wed me in a court.

I involved his family members to help me beg him but they said, he’s old enough to make his decisions.

He even refused to do a white wedding either because my church requested for a court certificate, so we ended up doing only traditional marriage.

I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I was hurt and broken but I resolved to marry him like that just to save myself and my family the shame of having a baby outside wedlock.

My dad was angry and disappointed in him but he didn’t care and because of that my dad vowed to see me a successful and independent woman with or without him.

After I gave birth to my baby, my dad helped me secure a job with a
multinational company and things started to turn around for me.

I could now take care of myself and secure a future.

Though I married my husband but I never forgave him from my heart and it made me not to do anything in my husband’s name.

We currently have three kids together but all my properties are in the name of my children. I never used him as my next of kin either.

Just last month my company decided to transfer me to a branch in Texas and the company is willing to pay for my entire family to relocate with me.

My husband’s business is not doing too well and he’s willing to relocate also but we have no legal certificate to show that we are married.

Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize our marriage and I have said “No”

My dad has threatened to disown me if I ever go with him to court.

He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife who is not loyal to her husband, spoiling my family also.

His family members have been calling me trying to persuade me but I told them I’m old enough to make my decisions also and I have stood my ground just like he did to me nine years ago.”

What is your advice for this young mother of three?
Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Beckham14: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2022
Come up with a better suspense filled and thrilling story line next time....
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Amb1045(m): 10:12am On Sep 27, 2022
Beckham14:
Come up with a better suspense filled and thrilling story line next time....
you don't know what people goes through in the southern part of the country, so keep quite aboki if you don't have anything to contribute
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 27, 2022
Amb1045:
“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my current husband and then the issue of marriage came up.

I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I that he doesn’t want a court marriage for no reason.

My parents tried talking to him, I cried and begged him severally to legalize his marriage with me but he stood his grounds not to wed me in a court.

I involved his family members to help me beg him but they said, he’s old enough to make his decisions.

He even refused to do a white wedding either because my church requested for a court certificate, so we ended up doing only traditional marriage.

I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I was hurt and broken but I resolved to marry him like that just to save myself and my family the shame of having a baby outside wedlock.

My dad was angry and disappointed in him but he didn’t care and because of that my dad vowed to see me a successful and independent woman with or without him.

Though I married my husband but I never forgave him from my heart and it made me not to do anything in my husband’s name.

We currently have three kids together but all my properties are in the name of my children. I never used him as my next of kin either.

Just last month my company decided to transfer me to a branch in Texas and the company is willing to pay for my entire family to relocate with me.

My husband’s business is not doing too well and he’s willing to relocate also but we have no legal certificate to show that we are married.

Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize our marriage and I have said “No”

He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife who is not loyal to her husband, spoiling my family also.

His family members have been calling me trying to persuade me but I told them I’m old enough to make my decisions also and I have stood my ground just like he did to me nine years ago.”

I v heard this story several times this month on various platforms.
She should forgive and do the court wedding with her husband.
Last Bullet
Some boys on this site deserve this treatment. They think doing court wedding is tying them to a marriage.
You can't eat your cake and have it.
Sow good in a marriage and reap good. Sow bad and reap bad. Treat a woman well and see if you won't live long.
Do anyhow with a woman with a reserved heart and see if you won't live to regret your decisions.

1 Like

Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Beckham14: 10:15am On Sep 27, 2022
Amb1045:
you don't know what people goes through in the southern part of the country, so keep quite aboki if you don't have anything to contribute
This is exactly what a daft unintelligent fellow will type...

So everyone who isn't buying your truckload of bullshit cut and join story is an Aboki right?

Shame.
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by robinso01(m): 10:17am On Sep 27, 2022
This same story from another person again.

1 Like

Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Amb1045(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2022
Beckham14:
This is exactly what a daft unintelligent fellow will type...

So everyone who isn't buying your truckload of bullshit cut and join story is an Aboki right?

Shame.
aboki simply mean my friend. So any other meaning you wish to tag it, is none of my business. Still yet keep quite
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Slynation(m): 10:19am On Sep 27, 2022
Omo...This is interesting whether fiction or non fiction grin
I'm with the wife on this one, nobody is expected to reap where he or she didn't planned on sowing, now he wants to Japa to Texas...

I like the girls father, my special kind of men...!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Beckham14: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2022
Amb1045:
aboki simply mean my friend. So any other meaning you wish to tag it, is none of my business. Still yet keep quite

Lol, no sensible member will buy this your copy and paste bullshit story, Try again next time. grin
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Amb1045(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2022
Beckham14:

Lol, no sensible member will buy this your copy and paste bullshit story, Try again next time. grin
thank you attention seeker, you can simply delete your comments, stay aside and watch how reasonable people will contribute to the topic because they know things that do happen here in the south. Lol
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Beckham14: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2022
Amb1045:
thank you attention seeker, you can simply delete your comments, stay aside and watch how reasonable people will contribute to the topic because they know things that do happen here in the south. Lol
Lol, Mr. Copy and paste, things are not done that way.... As you can see from the comments above, you're repeating same cut and join story.
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by baralatie(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2022
Amb1045:

You have no fault in this!
So how do you resolve the transfer issue
It means husband will stay in Nigeria!
QED
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by baralatie(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2022
Slynation:
Omo...This is interesting whether fiction or non fiction grin
I'm with the wife on this one, nobody is expected to reap where he or she didn't planned on sowing, now he wants to Japa to Texas...

I like the girls father, my special kind of men...!!
Yes
Fiction or nonfiction
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by baralatie(m): 10:50am On Sep 27, 2022
Sweetplum:

I v heard this story several times this month on various platforms.
She should do the court wedding with her husband
Why must she perform court wedding when the man has said he will not do court,church wedding ever before now?
This is in the presence of pastors,counsellors,parents,friends?
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Christiansimon: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2022
I swear if am the woman, that court matter dies since that 9yrs ago. what you sow is what u shall reap. now he will think back.and if it is me i will not look at what people will say to me or my family.let her just relocate with the children and leave that arrogant man to die.if he want to marry another wife let him go on.fu!ck that man ass hole and his family. grin
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Amb1045(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2022
Beckham14:
Lol, Mr. Copy and paste, things are not done that way.... As you can see from the comments above, you're repeating same cut and join story.
urchin you can clearly see people dropping their view about the topic, now you go back home and take your drugs. There are some mental case that has no cure however I still suggest you take your drugs, DRUGGY
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2022
baralatie:

Why must she perform court wedding when the man has said he will not do court,church wedding ever before now?
This is in the presence of pastors,counsellors,parents,friends?
Cos court wedding is the most legalized world wide.
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Sweetvie: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2022
Interesting grin
We need more of this story grin
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by baralatie(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sweetplum:

Cos court wedding is the most legalized world wide.
But the man has said he does not want court wedding from the beginning
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Temiel(m): 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
There's no two way about it.

He was insecure enough to not tie the marriage legaly, now, when he has something to gain, he wants to do what he should have done.

Sometimes, this smartess we claim is just pure foolishness.

If he had not married at all it is better than to do it in the way he did.

We shouldn't allow the supposed general things to dictate how we act in our private matters. Study your own situation and act accordingly and not generalize.
Every situation is peculiar.
Re: “I Got Pregnant Nine Years Ago While Dating My Current Husband And Then The Issu by Emmypure: 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
Story of last 2 years

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Men Marry / My Ex Brought Her Wedding Invitation Card For Me Yesterday / What Is The True Nature Of Our Reality? Thread Updated!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.