Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Reasons Why Men Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Men Marry (1509 Views)

Why Do Rich Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Women / Good Men Marry Bad Girls, Bad Girls Marry Good Men / Only Fools Marry For Love, Wise Men Marry.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
Men marry for different reasons and more reasons why you should find out why your current fiance wants to marry you, Here are some of the reasons:

1. FOR CHILD BIRTH: This is the most common reason men especially those that are well to do want to marry. They simply want to marry a beautiful woman so she could give birth to cute children and after that, their business with the woman ends. This is when the woman will begin to complain of the husband having several side chicks outside. It is true that men are hunters in nature, they want to have a taste of every woman they come across but certainly a man can discipline himself not to be that way.

2. BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY SON OR AGE IS NO NO MORE ON THEIR SIDE: When a man is the only son, he is pressured by the parent(s) and this kind of marriage happens due to desperation which leaves so many questions about the man unanswered. This is where the woman discovers the man he married is a monster who physically and verbally abuse her always. Marriage is about compatibility and as woman, you should endeavour to find out his good and bad sides before deciding if he is the kind of man you will want to spend the rest of your life with.

3. FOR COMPANIONSHIP: This should be the best reason for a man to marry. A man should marry his best friend, someone he can't live without. In this kind of marriage, you have known so much about your husband, knowing what he likes he like and what he hates. A man who marries his best friend will hardly have a reason to cheat.

So as a woman, what kind of man will you want to marry?
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by youngmd: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
Number 3 is best
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2022
Exactly. Funny enough, many ladies don't pay attention to these before getting married.
youngmd:
Number 3 is best

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 25, 2022
theInfinity:
Exactly. Funny enough, many ladies don't pay attention to these before getting married.
Y'all should cut women some slack and stop blaming them for not being seers who sees the minds of men. Seriously? A woman is now to be blamed for a a man's silence or deceit. Really? Aside number three which man would boldly tell a woman he wants to get married for other reasons? Tell me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
I am not in any way blaming the ladies. We all learn every day and that's why this thread is created.
Persephone1:
Y'all should cut women some slack and stop blaming them for not being seers who sees the minds of men. Seriously? A woman is now to be blamed for a a man's silence or deceit. Really? Aside number three which man would boldly tell a woman he wants to get married for other reasons? Tell me.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2022
theInfinity:
I am not in any way blaming the ladies. We all learn every day and that's why this thread is created.
Perhaps you can explain why the focus of your thread shifted from men to women in an accusative / condemning tune in nano seconds then.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Maybe this could have been a better statement "Exactly, ladies should pay attention to these before getting married." How about that.
Persephone1:
Perhaps you can explain why the focus of your thread shifted from men to women in an accusative / condemning tune in nano seconds then.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Tallesty1(m): 7:10am On Dec 26, 2022
And there are people who marry because they have to. I mean their mates are marrying and having kids so why won't they?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by InfinityFabric: 7:18am On Dec 26, 2022
man should marry his best friend, someone he can't live without
Worst advice ever. This is female think /chick crack you've been brought up with, now u think it's ideal.
A woman should love more than a man, when it's the other way round bad things happen.

Men are not supposed to be emotionally ridden, this your advice help them get there real fast.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by InfinityFabric: 7:22am On Dec 26, 2022
man should marry his best friend, someone he can't live without
Worst advice ever. This is female think /chick crack you've been brought up with, now u think it's ideal.
A woman should love more than a man, when it's the other way round bad things happen.

Men are not supposed to be emotionally ridden, this your advice help them get there real fast.

In this kind of marriage, you have known so much about your husband, knowing what he likes he like and what he hates.
So how do u explain men who still knack outside even when their wives are what u described ?

A man who marries his best friend will hardly have a reason to cheat.
This is definitely a woman speaking.
Cheating for men is physical, for women it's emotional. Men don't care if their married to the most righteous, beautiful and intelligent woman, when another opportunity comes he spreads his seeds. It's called BIOLOGY.

This your number 3 shows why WOMEN and SIMPS should never be advising men.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Savedday: 8:11am On Dec 26, 2022
The primary purpose 96% of 9ja guy get married is companionship (love) that's why B4 getting married, they never care how much the lady has, the social status of the lady, or if the lady has a job or not. But instead they check if they are happy with the lady.

On the other hands, 99.9% of 9ja girls believes marriage/relationship is a poverty alleviation program, Including the once from wealthy homes. They always look for person more wealthy, influential than them or someone they can always leech on.

That's why when the guy has the children/sex he can have, he dump them.

That's why in few years time, the number of divorce in 9ja will be on high alarm.

9ja girls are simply greedy thief's, wanting so live off and leech on a man because they brought kpekus.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by IMAliyu2: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2022
InfinityFabric:

Mind presenting a case as to why it's the worst?
Your wife being your best friend also, is the goal.
Most marital complaints come from people who married partners they didn't know enough, and never asked themselves if they could live with that person.

Emotions are part of the natural human experience. A proper man should be able to acknowledge and healthily process his emotions, not suppress them.

So how do u explain men who still knack outside even when their wives are what u described ?
They simply lack selfcontrol.

Cheating for men is physical, for women it's emotional. Men don't care if their married to the most righteous, beautiful and intelligent woman, when another opportunity comes he spreads his seeds. It's called BIOLOGY.

You're just making excuses for cheating men here. Part of being a man is knowing self control, everything about ourselves is biological in nature, it's still not an excuse.

If your entire goal in marriage is merely to have sex, then there was no point to being married in the first place, why no just be single and have as many hook ups as you want?
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 10:29am On Dec 26, 2022
Men who still knack outside do not see their wives as companion and they know it. Cheating, whether physical, emotional or spiritual can't happen if the man is disciplined and that discipline can only come when the man's intention for the marriage is for companionship.
InfinityFabric:

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2022
I am sorry I have to disagree with you. Let me ask you, why is that when a man needs a lady for flirting, he knows where to get them but when he wants to marry he looks for recommendation from families and friends. What happens to the girls he has been flirting with. Are you saying the man will build better companionship with a girl he got recommended to for marriage than the girls he spent most of the time flirting with, or are you saying or the girls he has been flirting with are not marriageable. This scenario boils than to the man's intention. The last time I checked, 99.9% of 9ja girls don't believe marriage/relationship is a poverty alleviation program. If you come up with this figure, that means ladies from wealthy homes are inclusive. I don't know how you came up with this figure.
Savedday:
The primary purpose 96% of 9ja guy get married is companionship (love) that's why B4 getting married, they never care how much the lady has, the social status of the lady, or if the lady has a job or not. But instead they check if they are happy with the lady.

On the other hands, 99.9% of 9ja girls believes marriage/relationship is a poverty alleviation program.

That's why when the guy has the children/sex he can have, he dump them.

That's why in few years time, the number of divorce in 9ja will be on high alarm.

9ja girls are simply greedy thief's, wanting so live off and leech on a man because they brought kpekus.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by InfinityFabric: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
IMAliyu2:

Mind presenting a case as to why it's the worst?
Simply doesn't help me, it's CHICK CRACK at best.

Your wife being your best friend also, is the goal.
No woman wants her "best friend", they put those ones in Friend Zone. They want someone better than them, a leader they can follow and use to brag to other women, not a loser "best friend".

Most marital complaints come from people who married partners they didn't know enough, and never asked themselves if they could live with that person.
Even after having sex for 2, 5 or even 10 years before finally marrying? Shows Dating (a.k.a lust fulfillment) doesn't work.

Emotions are part of the natural human experience. A proper man should be able to acknowledge and healthily process his emotions, not suppress them.
Men are logical first, emotions last. Useful for building civilization
Women are emotions first logic last. Useful for home-making, children etc
Each one has been made by God for their purpose.

They simply lack selfcontrol.
As if I ever disagree. I'm telling u men do it.

You're just making excuses for cheating men here. Part of being a man is knowing self control, everything about ourselves is biological in nature, it's still not an excuse.
Nah, you're leading with your emotions.
This is what happens when chicks are slapped with facts of men. I've never said MEN SHOULD CHEAT. I only told you part WHY THEY DO IT.
But to the FEMALE EMOTIONAL EAR, they sound the same.

If your entire goal in marriage is merely to have sex, then there was no point to being married in the first place, why no just be single and have as many hook ups as you want?
- Number one goal of marriage is to have safe, easy, consistent sex.
- Hookup girls will also hookup with some other guys, wives are less likely. Possible but less likely.
- Hoes don't provide the stability of wives tho

All in all, you're just listening with emotions. Should men cheat ? NO. Will they? HELL YEAH.
Again:
- MEN, Biologically are built to spread their seeds. Male ejaculation takes seconds.
- Sex to men is physical and men don't have trouble sleeping with multiple women.
- Sex to women is emotional and psychological, sleeping with more than one at a time does affect them.
- Women are Biologically built to seek the best seed. Female pregnancy to birth is months. We don't have to be waiting for one person.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by InfinityFabric: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
theInfinity:
Men who still knack outside do not see their wives as companion and they know it.
This is a female thinking. You're never a man nor did u bother to research.
Cheating for men is physical.
Have u wondered why wives stay with men even when they found they cheat ? And when a woman cheats it's a wrap.

Cheating, whether [b]physical, emotional or spiritual [/b]can't happen.

You can't put the three together. Women can't cheat unless she's either a: HOE (emotionally disturbed) or doesn't love her spouse anymore (she has to detach from one to be with another).

if the man is disciplined and that discipline can only come when the man's intention for the marriage is for companionship
Oh, so it's now a case of discipline now. Truly this a WOMAN speaking.
Madam:
1. Men are built to spread their seeds and have as many women as they want. Women only want the best they can get, women generally don't want be smashed by many men - and that's why the ones who does are known as HOES.

2. As for the discipline part, I never supported cheating so...
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
Men are created to spread their seed to one woman
InfinityFabric:

This is a female thinking. You're never a man nor did u bother to research.
Cheating for men is physical.
Have u wondered why wives stay with men even when they found they cheat ? And when a woman cheats it's a wrap.

You can't put the three together. Women can't cheat unless she's either a: HOE (emotionally disturbed) or doesn't love her spouse anymore (she has to detach from one to be with another).

Oh, so it's now a case of discipline now. Truly this a WOMAN speaking.
Madam:
1. Men are built to spread their seeds and have as many women as they want. Women only want the best they can get, women generally don't want be smashed by many men - and that's why the ones who does are known as HOES.

2. As for the discipline part, I never supported cheating so...

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Truvelisback(m): 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
Persephone1:
Childbearing and Sex, that's all. Most of u are liability, Only very few u are helpmeet.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Truvelisback:
Childbearing and Sex, that's all. Most of u are liability, Only very few u are helpmeet.
including your mother?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
Since you said most women are liability, hope your sister is also a liability.
Truvelisback:
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Truvelisback(m): 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2022
Persephone1:
including your mother?
The truth hurts, right? grin I only said most u, i didn't say all of u. Or are u among the most of u? grin
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
Stupid Thread Mtcheeew. I'm Outchere..
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
Truvelisback:
The truth hurts, right? grin I only said most u, i didn't say all of u. Or are u among the most of u? grin
No sleep for the wicked truly. I didn't say your mum is part of the most or few ,did i? cheesy cheesy

You labeled her yourself grin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
theInfinity:
Men marry for different reasons and more reasons why you should find out why your current fiance wants to marry you, Here are some of the reasons:

1. FOR CHILD BIRTH: This is the most common reason men especially those that are well to do want to marry. They simply want to marry a beautiful woman so she could give birth to cute children and after that, their business with the woman ends. This is when the woman will begin to complain of the husband having several side chicks outside. It is true that men are hunters in nature, they want to have a taste of every woman they come across but certainly a man can discipline himself not to be that way.

2. BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY SON OR AGE IS NO NO MORE ON THEIR SIDE: When a man is the only son, he is pressured by the parent(s) and this kind of marriage happens due to desperation which leaves so many questions about the man unanswered. This is where the woman discovers the man he married is a monster who physically and verbally abuse her always. Marriage is about compatibility and as woman, you should endeavour to find out his good and bad sides before deciding if he is the kind of man you will want to spend the rest of your life with.

3. FOR COMPANIONSHIP: This should be the best reason for a man to marry. A man should marry his best friend, someone he can't live without. In this kind of marriage, you have known so much about your husband, knowing what he likes he like and what he hates. A man who marries his best friend will hardly have a reason to cheat.

They marry because certain things drive them to marry for no reason.

There's no reason why the drives lead to marriage.

It just happens
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by TheboyGhost(m): 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lol, marriage for this century?

Bad choice Shaa... grin
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Truvelisback(m): 4:07am On Dec 27, 2022
Persephone1:
No sleep for the wicked truly. I didn't say your mum is part of the most or few ,did i? cheesy cheesy

You labeled her yourself grin
U are hurt because u are one of them and can relate to what i am saying. And if u mum, ur sisters and other female relatives of urs have been doing that(of which i am very sure they do), advise them to stop. grin It is very bad grin My Candid advice to u and ur female folks is that u shouldn't be a liability to any man, rather be an asset. Sadly, many of u aren't willing and ready to be an asset. This is the major reason many of u rarely get serious suitors for marriage. Nowadays, no man wants a liability for a wife. Gone are the days when men would do almost everything for u. As a lady, there are things u should be able to do for urself. No be everything man suppose do or buy for u. Sister, abeg rest, no cry follow me. grin Just accept the truth.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by onumadu: 5:13am On Dec 27, 2022

I often quarrel with that word "friend" in a marriage. A man should not have his wife as best friend. She is his SEXUAL MATE.
A man's best friend should be another man who he's known for years, maybe from childhood.

As for companionship, YES, a wife should be the best COMPANION for her husband.
It means that she knows everything that the man fantasizes about (ie sexual fantasies) and is willing and able to deliver on all of them in the interest of the union. If she fails to deliver them, it may push the man to go outside. That is why those who blame Yul Edochie are clueless, but let me not digress ... grin
In the olden days, women (wives) HARDLY questioned their husbands on sexual matters. These days, things are different, hence the problems!
If your husband LOVES YOU, you should do whatever he tells you to make him happy. Mark the proviso -LOVE.
But if you are not sure of his love for you, then you should not care about what he wants, because he lacks basis for his demands.
Most women know when a man loves them. So this should be easy for them.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
U are hurt because u are one of them and can relate to what i am saying. And if u mum, ur sisters and other female relatives of urs have been doing that(of which i am very sure they do), advise them to stop. grin It is very bad grin My Candid advice to u and ur female folks is that u shouldn't be a liability to any man, rather be an asset. Sadly, many of u aren't willing and ready to be an asset. This is the major reason many of u rarely get serious suitors for marriage. Nowadays, no man wants a liability for a wife. Gone are the days when men would do almost everything for u. As a lady, there are things u should be able to do for urself. No be everything man suppose do or buy for u. Sister, abeg rest, no cry follow me. grin Just accept the truth.
This your tears plenty oooo. Premium tears cheesy cheesy

Sorry ehn grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
So what makes you believe most women are liability. Have you met all the women in Nigeria?
Truvelisback:
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by theInfinity: 3:51pm On Dec 27, 2022
If you need a sexual mate, why not hookup with a call girl or better still get yourself a baby mama. Women are treasures and not sexual toys.
onumadu:

I often quarrel with that word "friend" in a marriage. A man should not have his wife as best friend. She is his SEXUAL MATE.
A man's best friend should be another man who he's known for years, maybe from childhood.

As for companionship, YES, a wife should be the best COMPANION for her husband.
It means that she knows everything that the man fantasizes about (ie sexual fantasies) and is willing and able to deliver on all of them in the interest of the union. If she fails to deliver them, it may push the man to go outside. That is why those who blame Yul Edochie are clueless, but let me not digress ... grin
In the olden days, women (wives) HARDLY questioned their husbands on sexual matters. These days, things are different, hence the problems!
If your husband LOVES YOU, you should do whatever he tells you to make him happy. Mark the proviso -LOVE.
But if you are not sure of his love for you, then you should not care about what he wants, because he lacks basis for his demands.
Most women know when a man loves them. So this should be easy for them.
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by Truvelisback(m): 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
theInfinity:
So what makes you believe most women are liability. Have you met all the women in Nigeria?
This ur question still baffles me. I would have ignored it but chose not to. Are u new to women?
Re: Reasons Why Men Marry by InfinityFabric: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
theInfinity:
Men are created to spread their seed to one woman
Yes, for the man without options.

Look at your favorite celeb and rich men, they either have many wives/baby mama or their secret babe got exposed one day.
Even men lower than that are having multiple women. But I guess your female brain can't process male physiology.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm In Trouble.. / I Give Up — This Is My Last Time / Sugar Mummy Brouhaha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.