Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,277 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Religion and relationship wahala - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religion and relationship wahala (2472 Views)

Relationship Wahala Part 2 (photo ) / (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone / Relationship Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion and relationship wahala by JOACHINpedro: 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
Virginbeauty:
We know it not easy but you just have to let her go if you value your life,both her paternal and maternal family are against it so isn't it obvious to you that is not something that will work out,pls just let go,i'm telling you this from experience.
Knack us gist cheesy

Re: Religion and relationship wahala by 22o62021: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2022
Nigerianization:

Tell the girl to ask her father if his in-laws have resisted him marrying a Christian, will she have been born?

The girl's father is a hypocrite. He married a Christian but will not allow a Christian to marry his daughter. So much for........we are one and we worship the same God. Na wash

In Islam it's called apostasy but only applicable to poor Muslims

Sarakis daughter married a Christian
Re: Religion and relationship wahala by Nigerianization(m): 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
22o62021:

In Islam it's called apostasy but only applicable to poor Muslims

Sarakis daughter married a Christian

But they can marry christian women?? It is well
Re: Religion and relationship wahala by Lollz(f): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
1TripleC:
I have dated this Yoruba girl for about 5 years now.The mum is an Igbo Christian from Anambra and so am I.The Dad is a Muslim based in Anambra.The mum is late.Both the maternal and paternal Uncles are wealthy.She is a Christian but hides it for fear of the family.we have been there for ourselves in all ramifications but the challenge is that the family doesn't want to even hear about me coming to marry their daughter due to differences in tribe and religion.i tried going through the maternal side but they feel they do not have much say and that am not wealthy enough.i have been there for her ensuring she achieves her dream including her becoming a graduate.Now she is about to serve and I attempted going to pay her bride price but the Dad is threatening to kill her is she dares mention my name.Out of fear of losing me we opted for secret court marriage cos we really love ourselves.The family have been threatening us with everything since I asked her to let them know I want my people to come and meet them. I have not been myself for days now ,bad thoughts upon thought.Religion, tribalism and poverty, I don't even know which is worse
Op one thing u have failed to understand is the dynamics around these "people" and their lifestyle. It's okay and even a sweet thing for one of theirs ( male) to marry one of ours(female) but it is a big tabooo that they will go to any lengths to prevent or punish if one of ours (male) should marry theirs (female). So just leave this English you are speaking about her late mum being Igbo...my dear it's a good thing that can earn them paradise according to them.but the other however is a grievous taboooooo!!!
I would suggest, you keep searching for the bone of your bone, most especially in someone you are equally yoked with and don't place ur life and that of ur up coming family in grave danger!!!
Re: Religion and relationship wahala by placeofallure(f): 4:07am On Sep 28, 2022
1TripleC, religion has killed many relationships.

I had a Muslim bf in school, he read medicine so I finished school before him. We were crazily in love, in fact he loved me more but I couldn't continue Even when he started going to church with me. I know we would have problems because there's no single christian in his entire family and my practicing christian family do not want me marrying a Muslim even though we're from the same state. He threatened fire and brimstone when I left but I weathered it cause I also was feeling the hurt so I understand his disappointment.

Do you know he's married to two wives now? Yes, he's rich. Those were the things I thought about that got me scared. He reverted back to Islam! I know he would cause his family won't let him be. Everything I thought of came to pass. He still sends messages to me about us getting together though but hell no!

Now, sit back and think things through like I did. Put emotions aside. You will see a clearer picture of things when you do that. Believe me, you couldn't have loved your girl the way we loved each other back then. The whole university community knew us, we were an item but I borrowed myself brain.

There's no do or die in marriage. Both families MUST agree otherwise you are courting problem!
Re: Religion and relationship wahala by MufasaLion: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2022
Funny how family makes decision for most people. Well, nobody makes decision for me.
Re: Religion and relationship wahala by 1TripleC: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2022
placeofallure:
1TripleC, religion has killed many relationships.

I had a Muslim bf in school, he read medicine so I finished school before him. We were crazily in love, in fact he loved me more but I couldn't continue Even when he started going to church with me. I know we would have problems because there's no single christian in his entire family and my practicing christian family do not want me marrying a Muslim even though we're from the same state. He threatened fire and brimstone when I left but I weathered it cause I also was feeling the hurt so I understand his disappointment.

Do you know he's married to two wives now? Yes, he's rich. Those were the things I thought about that got me scared. He reverted back to Islam! I know he would cause his family won't let him be. Everything I thought of came to pass. He still sends messages to me about us getting together though but hell no!

Now, sit back and think things through like I did. Put emotions aside. You will see a clearer picture of things when you do that. Believe me, you couldn't have loved your girl the way we loved each other back then. The whole university community knew us, we were an item but I borrowed myself brain.

There's no do or die in marriage. Both families MUST agree otherwise you are courting problem!
Thanks
Re: Religion and relationship wahala by ojotobiloba1: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2022
1TripleC:
I have dated this Yoruba girl for about 5 years now.The mum is an Igbo Christian from Anambra and so am I.The Dad is a Muslim based in Anambra.The mum is late.Both the maternal and paternal Uncles are wealthy.She is a Christian but hides it for fear of the family.we have been there for ourselves in all ramifications but the challenge is that the family doesn't want to even hear about me coming to marry their daughter due to differences in tribe and religion.i tried going through the maternal side but they feel they do not have much say and that am not wealthy enough.i have been there for her ensuring she achieves her dream including her becoming a graduate.Now she is about to serve and I attempted going to pay her bride price but the Dad is threatening to kill her is she dares mention my name.Out of fear of losing me we opted for secret court marriage cos we really love ourselves.The family have been threatening us with everything since I asked her to let them know I want my people to come and meet them. I have not been myself for days now ,bad thoughts upon thought.Religion, tribalism and poverty, I don't even know which is worse
Yoruba people Wil say. Bad wife is easy to marry but bad in law is just too difficult
For your peace of mind, sanity and Happy Home. Just let go of her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Easiest Way To Quit Masturbation? / Nigerian Girls Are More Concerned About Whether You Came Inside Them Than Contra / This Woman Tattooed Her Boyfriend Picture On Her Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.