Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Female Child Vs Male Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Child Vs Male Child (46598 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / Higher Education And The Female Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Child Vs Male Child by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 20, 2007
Which is the Most Valuable in The family
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by PTBNaija(f): 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2007
I think they value the male child. . .he gets more things generally. And then that whole mentality that he will be able to bring things back to the family doesn't hurt. Because they see the girl leaving and becoming part of someone else's family. While the males bring people in.

Though. . .the protectiveness of parents towards females might suggest something else. Who knows.

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by YOUNGDICEs(m): 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2007
when me and my sister were young my pops use to give anything to my sister but when i ask him he yell at me, i started to get jealous and i decided not to talk to her and even now till these days we are not that cool.
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by yewaman1(m): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2007
Omo lo Omo je (both sexs are valueable the
important thing is to give them the education
you can afford.
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by lovemajek(f): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2007
Both is good for the family, its what you put into them that they give back in future. period.

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by yewaman1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2007
Omo lo Omo je (both are valueable)  the
important thing is to give them the best education
you can afford.

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by babysexy: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2007
Children are give from God, so i believe both are valueable
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by brownsilk(f): 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2007
both are good, if well taken care of and brought up in the right way.

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ebony4life(f): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2007
I believe any child is very okay no matter the gender, as raised from God. I am happy to tell you that we are an all girls HOUSEHOLD and we are doing well cool cool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ssRhino: 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2007
I think family as a whole wants a male child.
The mother is closer to male kids
Father are closer to female kids
I am the only boy in my family, and i am begging God to pls give me a male child that i cld have fun with, and box and wear my shoes when i am not home, somene to wear my suit and goof around the house, however, if God decide not to give me just a girl, i will still love her to death, will just have to buy a nice gun and some nice dog to keep away all da bad man away from her, and to make sure that i do all it takes so that he could keep my name oh
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by CrazyMan(m): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2007
The male child is more valuable than the female child. That why in some families, the husband might chase his wife away if she refuses to give him a male child. Other keep mistresses who they think might conceive and give them a son.

The male child is a symbol of authority in our community, because he carries the family name and has as much power as the head of the family. That’s why when a wealthy man dies, his properties would be shared amongst his sons leaving the daughter with nothing because, the female child on the has little or no presence in the family. And also the she is forbidden to own properties even if her father is very wealthy.
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ssRhino: 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2007
crazykid, which tribe is that, that a female child cant own a property, even if her parents are wealthy

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by CrazyMan(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2007
You talk as if you’re not a Nigerian.

Tell me of any tribe that allocates properties to the female child at the expense of the males?
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by Seun(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2007
Some fathers prefer daughters to sons because daughters can be controlled well into her thirties. shocked
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ssRhino: 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2007
sometimes, they prefer the daughter cos the son are married and gone, no get time anymore, but daughters always taking care of the parents, come around and make sure they are ok, but boyz, no send
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by CrazyMan(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2007
@Seun

If you bring up your child in a proper manner, then you would find it easy to control him or her even if that child become 30 years and above.
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2007
crazykid, which tribe is that, that a female child can't own a property, even if her parents are wealthy

Please ask him, also ask him what century
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by Seun(m): 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2007
@crazykid:
My parents can't control me. I guess that means my parents did not bring me up well, right? Bullshit! I'm going to bring up my children to be independent thinkers. I'm going to be too busy pursuing my own dreams to be wasting time trying to control my grown-up children. That's immature parental behaviour!

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by CrazyMan(m): 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2007
@Theifofhearts In Nigeria here female children don’t own properties.

Every community has their believes. Now tell me of any single girl you know that owns properties? You people talk as of you don’t know the country you come from.

Even if a single girl becomes successful today and begins to drive a flashy can and maybe buys a house. The first impression of people would be that she’s a prostitute who probably dates big men for cash. And believe me, that girl would find it very difficult to look for a truthful man who wouldn’t be after her wealth.

In Nigeria, our community is so cruel towards women. Don’t you know what eastern women go through when their husbands die?
Their hair is being scraped off and they are made to put on black for one year as a sign of mourning. Now looking at that scenario any foreigner would probably conclude that the female child is of no value in Nigeria.

@Seun
You are a grown up so there are certains things your parents have to agree with you.
your child at 5 years is different from your child at 30 years.
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by Seun(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2007
Lagos girls have rights, really. Only stupid & poor families treat women as liabilities these days.
@crazykid: you're right, but we were talking about parents who like to control their grown-up daughters.

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2007
maybe women in your family doesnt own proprties, crazykid

My mom's the first born female of 7 children(5 boys and 2 girls), she owns majority of my grandparent's property. Im also the first born of my parents(I have a brother) and just about everything they own is under my name.

Maybe back in the dark ages/certain villages, girls werent allowed to own properties but to make it seem like it's a general thing in Nigeria is wrong, esp not in these times.

What they usually/used to do is give it to the girl and expect her husband/their son in law to help her take care of it

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2007
In Nigeria, our community is so cruel towards women

Apparently you're apart of these malicious people esp with that rubbish you wrote in that idiotic "my wife called me a liar" thread

1 Like

Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by CrazyMan(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2007
@Seun

Every parent would like to control their grown up daughters because females are vulnerable. A female child can give her fathers estate to a false lover. Parents love controlling their female children because most of them can’t stand alone. They need someone to lean on.

@Theifofhearts

Then I don’t think you’re a Nigerian.
Because if your father is very wealthy and doesn’t have a son, if he dies, then it’s his brothers and relatives who would inherit his properties not you. Or haven’t you heard of stories like that before?
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ssRhino: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2007
Crazychild,, this is year 2007
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2007
What part of I have a brother, didnt you understand? point still remains that i am the first born

Excuse you but in EkitiLand, it's firstborns that get properties, be it male or female

Maybe in your own backward village things happen differently
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by CrazyMan(m): 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2007
@$$Rhino

You shouldn’t be telling me that – I already know. Who you should be telling is the Nigerian culture. Am not the one who created culture and traditional believes in Nigeria. They have been in existence long before I was conceived. So telling me that we’re in 2007 has nothing to do to what’s on ground at the moment.

@ThiefOfHearts

I can’t argue with you on your so called EkitiLand and their believe. Because I know that Ekiti state is one of those primitive states in Nigeria.

Different parts of Nigeria have different believes. There’s a particular village in Adamawa state that wife sharing is very legal. If you have a friend that you not seen for a couple of years, and he comes to see you – you’re to give him food, drinks and last of all you would give him your wife as a symbol of true friendship. This is their tradition and according to them, they feel it’s normal.

Same thing goes to other states within the boundries of the federation. In Igbo land, if a man dies leaving no son, then his relative would inherit his properties and they won't mind throwing his wife out of her matrimonial home. And according to them it’s the tradition.
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by shakira: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

What part of I have a brother, didnt you understand? point still remains that i am the first born

Excuse you but in EkitiLand, it's firstborns that get properties, be it male or female

Maybe in your own backward village things happen differently
girl quit lieing, basically in yoruba land, its dont matter either u the first male or female in the family, what matters is the kind of family, my mum is from ekiti state, being the first born and the first male of 8 children, when her dad died she wasnt entilted to anything due to the havoc other members of the family were trying to render,
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2007
My mom's family is better than your mom's family.  cheesy

pele.  grin
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by CrazyMan(m): 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2007
@ThiefOfHearts
I know you’re just trying to vindicate your self here. Accept it the male child is more valuable than the female child.
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2007
How about you accept my foot up your arse?

Some traditions and villages BELIEVE that, i never said it wasnt true. I just DONT believe that it's as strict as it was before hence the example of my mom so dont bother me jare.
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by shakira: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

My mom's family is better than your mom's family.  cheesy

pele.  grin
in what way,,,the both exhibit the same character, being from the same region, iwo na pele
crazykid:

@ThiefOfHearts
I know you’re just trying to vindicate your self here. Accept it the male child is more valuable than the female child.
thank u jare, even FEMALE kids are considered irresponsible in the society, thats why  most families strive hard to make sure they have @ least a MALE kid in btw others, am the last born and the only MALE of my family, MY DAD wanted to stop after having the fourth kid,, but he latter realised whats the essence of his hard work,
Re: Female Child Vs Male Child by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2007
mine got her properties and yours didnt. That's how. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / My Wife Is Too Proud To Apologise / Imo Man Disowns His Son In Newspaper For Trying To Take Over His Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.