Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide (81496 Views)

Woman Declares Her Husband, Martins Mugwe, Missing In Lagos / Laolu Martins, Founder Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Takes His Own Life / Founder Of Bukka Hut, Laolu Martins Commits Suicide In His Lekki House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by TheGift: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:
Only the weak commits suicide

But some people who attempted suicide say they couldn't follow through because they were too weak or cowardly.

I have never had suicidal thoughts but I think it must take some level or kind of courage to take ones life.

2 Likes

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Mikeiron78(m): 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:

Yeah, the same thing someone will type when you finally do it too. Idiot, a normal person does not commit suicide, it happens due to mental health and people with problems and no one to help in alleviate the problems. Don't judge unless you are in the same situation.

4 Likes

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by IbileIfe: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:
You don't understand life.

Depression can kill.

Only Almighty God can save anyone suffering from depression.

4 Likes

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Wwwq: 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by bigiyaro(m): 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

Really? I doubt a vice chancellor of a university can be a punter. Sports betting is for the poor and low lifers
you can tell that to Drake and Dem psquare

1 Like

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Creatorchris(m): 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2022
Lol, you won correct who get sense pass you...
better read well.

olab059:

So the eatery committed suicide? Which kine English be this?
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by kansoboy: 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2022
millionboi:
how do I join you

WhatsApp 081--3699-4331.

To get the link for 17+ odd on telegram or 2 sure odd on WhatsApp link
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by kansoboy: 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2022
Davidly:
I get friend wey dey stake #250,000 for just one match. It is an addiction and anyone can be addicted to it, rich or poor... I cum in piss

Ppl stake millions, but in naira and in dollars...and winning millions too..don't sit in Ur office and assume Ur life is better Dan others. Ekitipikin, mrbayor, meekmills, killaboigram and many name not mentioned here will buy u 100 times with d money they are making from betting. Oga go twitter go tweet this rubbish u wrote here. Ur eye go clear dat day

Sorry David, I was trying to quote d guy u replied to

1 Like

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by medexico(m): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

Really? I doubt a vice chancellor of a university can be a punter. Sports betting is for the poor and low lifers

I have seen a very wealthy man staking games, there was a time had to cash out.
He bets every week.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by OperationalVehi: 1:16am On Sep 29, 2022
Pierocash:
I have thirsted all.

2017, I lost $16k in a business gone wrong. It was my last card. I was thrown out of my house because i couldn't pay rent,I had no family nor friend to squat with. I lost all I had, yet indebted to micro finance bank that kept making life more hell for me.I became homeless for 2yrs sleeping in bus stops, garages , uncompleted buildings,etc. This was me in millions not quite long, but now homeless. I stood my ground and fought my way back.

Today,I am a landlord ,a business owner,a millionaire beyond how I was. I have thirsted far more than what many who committed suicide didn't thirst.

I still repeat it, only the weak commits suicide. A real alpha make will take the bull by the horn and conquer his fears
I am reading this thread and your post with tears in my eyes. I am sad and tired about life. Things are very hardd and I have had to beg even on nairaland.

I don't know what the future holds but I am certain I never asked God for this kind of hard life. I can't even afford the basic of life. I cant feed properly, I don't have clothes that suit an educated fellow.

Everything is just going from bad to worse. I am owing alot of people and different loan apps
I can't even afford 1 naira in my account, talkless of having money to start a proper business. I don't even have a roof over my head. I keep living like a destitute.
Please help me financially

account : carbon Bank
737709 1729
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by openmine(m): 1:23am On Sep 29, 2022
How or who came to that conclusion that he committed suicide without any thorough investigation?
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Franzinni: 3:14am On Sep 29, 2022
Everybody low-key don't give a damn they just want to know why so they can form thier opinions.

The rich also cry
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by BABANGBALI: 3:59am On Sep 29, 2022
Guys , This is nothing but a wicked lie by this so called Duke of Shomolu . Laolu was well known to me . He was at work yesterday and held meetings . On his way home , he visited a shopping mall and slumped in there . Rushed to the hospital , but couldn’t survive the cardiac arrest. End of story !

1 Like

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by sharpwriter(m): 5:06am On Sep 29, 2022
Bintabisiriyu:
Goud fu dem, i worked for bukka hut kitchen in ogudu and men those people wanted to kee me
How? Wetin happen?
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Capitalismisasc: 7:44am On Sep 29, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Suicide is just touring nigeria anyhow at freewill
Nawa oo d thing don tire me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Capitalismisasc: 7:47am On Sep 29, 2022
Pierocash:
Then u know nothing
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Capitalismisasc: 7:51am On Sep 29, 2022
I hate this phucked up society we live in. Men go through a lot and need help but you will be told to mask your emotions or suck it up or you will appear weak in front of your colleagues or people. DEPRESSION AND MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS ARE FACTS NOT FANTASIES IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by peacemara54(m): 7:53am On Sep 29, 2022
[quote author=PerfectStranger post=117091378]
Oh thought you were in Lagos [/quote
Oh! No
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by aremu2000: 8:18am On Sep 29, 2022
adioolayi:
Please speak out....someone is ready to listen to you..

Suicide is not an option

Who want care
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by PerfectStranger(m): 8:51am On Sep 29, 2022
[quote author=peacemara54 post=117100803][/quote]

How is Osun state?
Let’s talk on WhatsApp. Zero7zero652three591zero
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by rickleye: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2022
I hope they won’t blame Peter Oni or Tinubu on this one now ?
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Naijaolosho2: 11:01am On Sep 29, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:
Hope say non be bet9ja make this one kill himself.

Government need to look into youth gambling addiction in Nigeria.

I tut gambling was a joke until I saw a vice chancellor of a popular university in Nigeria staking.

My own addiction is gone beyond redemption, make I non talk about myself......

Why won't people resort to gambling when the economy isn't friendly? Check how much you spend per day versus what you make (income),that says it all.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Naijaolosho2: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2022
Pierocash:

Everyone will eventually die someday. He hastened his....he's a hero and not a weakling.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Thomasankara(m): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2022
[/color]argument based on ignorance[color=#770077]
Natural2Heal:

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Thomasankara(m): 11:26am On Sep 29, 2022
grin cheesy grin cheesy[/color]Bro why u like wahala pass problem like this[color=#770077][quote author=Nigeriafirstlad post=117081312][/quote]
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by abidem4real: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
Creatorchris:
Bukka Hut, a popular Lagos eatery, allegedly committed suicide.

According to journalist Eniola Daniel, who revealed this on Twitter, Laolu Martins committed suicide around 3 a.m. today, September 28, in Lekki Lagos.

"The founder of Bukka Hut commits suicide. Laolu Martins, the founder of Bhukka Hospitality Limited, is said to have committed suicide around 3 a.m. today in Lekki, Lagos. So sad.

"A friend of his and other sources claimed he committed suicide for reasons I won't go into here," he wrote.

https://twitter.com/BukkaHut/status/1575089160968249344?s=20&t=QWB-impsCoiLu5grlIzCAg
Jesus Christ! Truly, a lot of people are going through torbulent times in life but suicide shouldn't be an option, please.

I know how it feels because I was very close to the phenomenal sometimes ago only to be rescued by the mercy of God. RIP to the dead
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by syntekelite(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:

There r gamblers in America who own private jet.....

No mind am..read dem no go read.. am sure he has never heard about arnold rothstein....
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by caesymore(m): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Pierocash:

Suicide is for the strong in heart, ill fitted heart cannot commit suicide.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by pansophist(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
Pierocash:
I have thirsted all.

2017, I lost $16k in a business gone wrong. It was my last card. I was thrown out of my house because i couldn't pay rent,I had no family nor friend to squat with. I lost all I had,yet indebted to micro finance bank that kept making life more hell for me.I became homeless for 2yrs sleeping in bus stops,garages , uncompleted buildings,etc. This was me in millions not quite long,but now homeless. I stood my ground and fought my way back.

Today,I am a landlord ,a business owner,a millionaire beyond how I was. I have thirsted far more than what many who committed suicide didn't thirst.

I still repeat it, only the weak commits suicide. A real alpha make will take the bull by the horn and conquer his fears.

If I give you uppercut eh, mtcheew. When I talk about real-life problems, you are talking about losing money. Let me make this clear, money problem is the least of the problems when we talk about existential problems. As in, a problem that renders your money completely useless. I will list some problems.

You could be able to make back the money you lost because you are young, and have sense. What if you are old, in your seventies, and found out that all your kids are not yours? How will your money solve it? Even if you can marry and have kids again, will you be alive to watch them grow older?

How about being a millionaire in dollars but impotent and can't have kids of your own? God now luckily bless you with one when you are in your 50s, and five years later, he died in an accident. How will your money solve it?

How about going to work on a peaceful morning, and a trailer from nowhere, hit you, rendering you cripple, with brain damage that you can't remember anything, and they have to cut off your legs? Especially if you live in Naija and the govt doesn't give a shit about you? How will your money bring back your legs?

How about being a businessman in Ukraine and Putin bombed your city so much that you lost all your company, some of your family died, and you have to be seeking asylum in neighboring countries, from grace to grace instantly? Did you hear about that Afgan minister (Sayed Sadaat) that delivers food on a bicycle in Germany?

I can make the stories darker than this, so don't think what I just wrote is the worse of it all. Just hope real-life problems don't locate you. You need humility and stop thinking you are a superman. Problems no be your mate. it might help if you google ''suicide notes'' and read some of the reasons people kill themselves.

That's why feeling big (bragging) is a fool's game, because most people are just one calamity away from being broken. That fine girl that thinks the world revolves around her beauty, just one unfortunate motor accident, or a dirty slap from an angry soldier, coupled with an uppercut will end her beauty career, she go come ugly like ogbanje grin

Death is actually the solution to end their problem. Hope you don't reach that point you will prefer death because every second you breathe is nothing but sorrow, hopelessness and nihilism.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Bintabisiriyu: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
sharpwriter:
How? Wetin happen?
ita ra akwu ko k'ezegidi! cant you read simple English?
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Sensiblerealist: 3:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
There is no need to go back and forth. Same place you got the meaning from, scroll down a little for other meanings of the word

smile4kenn:

All of you always using the word myopic do not even know the meaning of myopic . Yeye dey smell.

check this link for the real gist on why he committed suicide.

https://gist.am/q/co-founder-of-popular-lagos-eatery-bukka-hut-laolu-martins-reportedly-committed
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by sharpwriter(m): 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
Bintabisiriyu:

ita ra akwu ko k'ezegidi! cant you read simple English?
Very rude, so an incomplete or ambiguous sentence is an answer? How did they want to kill you? Was it that you weren't paid for your work, or there was shortage of staffs, making you work above your strength and capacity etc. Which one?

It would do you good to learn more about English composition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Onlyfans Model Girlfriend In Miami (photos) / "My Aunt Watched While Men She Brought Slept With Me" - 20-Year-Old Girl / Transformer Vandal Escapes Death After Being Electrocuted While Trying To Steal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.