Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,092 members, 7,953,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:20 PM

Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide (82235 Views)

Woman Declares Her Husband, Martins Mugwe, Missing In Lagos / Laolu Martins, Founder Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Takes His Own Life / Founder Of Bukka Hut, Laolu Martins Commits Suicide In His Lekki House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by CheapHomes1: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:
Only the weak commits suicide

Are you speaking from your personal experience? Kindly explain more

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Davidly(m): 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2022
I get friend wey dey stake #250,000 for just one match. It is an addiction and anyone can be addicted to it, rich or poor... I cum in piss

Natural2Heal:

Really? I doubt a vice chancellor of a university can be a punter. Sports betting is for the poor and low lifers
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by jersey4: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2022
A myth
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Yoighaman(m): 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

Really? I doubt a vice chancellor of a university can be a punter. Sports betting is for the poor and low lifers

I agree with you to some extent, but there are exceptions.

Wealthy footballers bet as well, does that mean they are "poor and low lifers"?

Betting of whatever nature is an addiction, just like drugs and alcohol; it does not segregate the rich or poor.

Many billionaires gamble or bet, go and see them in their closets.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Duru009(m): 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

Who told you?

Come to America and see things for your YOURSELF....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by mediclife1987(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:
It must have been debts or bank loans that frustrated him to commit suicide. Most fast foods restaurants in Nigeria are making huge losses. Few are profitable.

Why won't they, when they've capitalizing on the ignorance of individuals in culinary matters.
People are beginning to prefer to cook their own meals now, cos they realize it's so easy, prudent, healthy and sumptuous to do so...
You'll have better luck teaching people how to cook on blogs at a price, than giving them food even at a token price nowadays...

4 Likes

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by sniperr007(m): 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

False.

Sport betting is for everyone.

In fact those with money that earn more compared to others
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Truthdeypain: 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2022
bigpicture001:

this statement of urs happnes onky on social media..in real life..no one listens

Swaers.. Even d people shouting speak up when the time reach na dem go run.. : grin grin

Everyman for himself, God for us all

1 Like

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Nickymezor(f): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hmmm, its well
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

You're ignorant!

1 Like

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Bonjovi13: 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:

Don't ever say this.
A string of misfortune that hits you at the core can make you sad and depressed.
Depression if not handled well can cripple any man and make you give up hope for any chance of redemption

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by naturefellow(m): 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:
your statement reeks of ignorance. Mental health must be a joke to you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Guyman01: 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

You spoilt and distracted this sorrowful thread with this unsubstantiated claim, you think Las Vegas or Macau is for poor people, do you know how many private jets that land in those places to gamble, do you know the syndicate that run Champions league and other sports around the world that will make Chelsea to lose to Dynamo Zagreb while you stake it as walkover for Chelsea.
You think a poor lowlife can run such international scheme?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by baralatie(m): 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:
It must have been debts or bank loans that frustrated him to commit suicide. Most fast foods restaurants in Nigeria are making huge losses. Few are profitable.
Maybe

1 Like

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by BigYash: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

A professor in AAU won over 56milion some years back.. So many rich and well to do guys plays in on a low. They won't come and tell you...
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by BigYash: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:
You never see life.. Na who wear shoe,know where e dey pain am.

1 Like

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by gbolswag(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2022
MufasaLion:

Nobody cares if you have any Bukka Hut near you. That information was not necessary. Clout chaser!
you shouldn't have replied
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Starhearts: 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2022
wonder233:
The newest format in Nigeria now is to murder someone, quickly put out a narrative that they committed suicide, then watch as gullible people lap it all up hook line sinker.
Nigerians are among the most shallow people on earth, I've never seen a people so easily deceived. So swayed by bandwagon and first narratives.
Criminals can't believe how easy it is! See them rushing to comment words of advice and motivation, because one person said it was suicide. Nobody is asking, lets really investigate first, nobody is saying, lets reserve our comments first before it is fully investigated.
In some other places, any death is first treated as a potential murder before anything else.
Not Nigerians. Who is this man that said it is suicide? On what authority has he pronounced it suicide? What does he know that could aid the authorities in investigation?
Elsewhere, you cannot even rush to break this kind of news or make this kind of pronouncement cos the authorities will immediately assume you know something. But watch as this will all go away in a hail of meaningless words of motivation and RIPS

He invested on forex nd bet against dollar
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Pelaiye2703(m): 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

I was at a bank, I saw a branch manager coming from his table, unknowing to him, he was on Bet9ja App. No jokes man!
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Discountsempai: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2022
From The Will magazine...

September 28, (THEWILL) – Laolu Martins, an investment banking expert who was also the co-founder and executive director of Bukka Hut is dead.

Bukka Hut is a restaurant that offers a wide variety of tasty homemade meals.

Martins reportedly slipped and hit his head as he fell at Lennox Mall, Lekki, Lagos.

He was quickly rushed to the hospital for medical treatment but unfortunately gave up the ghost on the evening of Tuesday, September 27.

So, not suicide, apparently...if above is truth

SAUCE
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Selfmotivated: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
Life is full of perplexities especially when things are at deadend nevertheless suicide is never an option, just chill and take a knuckle.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by CaptainAyub: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
haaryobhami:
mayor of ekiti and mr bayo on twitter are millionaires driving cars worth 50m-60m and are into gambling
Na thru gambling them buy those cars/make money naa
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by AutoChick4U(f): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

just shut up
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Timoleon(m): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2022
It’s funny when people who haven’t tried committing suicide say only a coward commits suicide. In reality, it requires a strong will.
Tastemoney:
It takes a lot of balls to commit suicide. I have made attempts several times to end it all but that shit is fvcking scary! cry
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by SugarGirl44(f): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2022
Nigeriafirstlad:

My own addiction is gone beyond redemption, make I non talk about myself......

Hope it's not vagina sha.

If it is, there's hope for you.

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by johannu(m): 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2022
wonder233:
The newest format in Nigeria now is to murder someone, quickly put out a narrative that they committed suicide, then watch as gullible people lap it all up hook line sinker.
Nigerians are among the most shallow people on earth, I've never seen a people so easily deceived. So swayed by bandwagon and first narratives.
Criminals can't believe how easy it is! See them rushing to comment words of advice and motivation, because one person said it was suicide. Nobody is asking, lets really investigate first, nobody is saying, lets reserve our comments first before it is fully investigated.
In some other places, any death is first treated as a potential murder before anything else.
Not Nigerians. Who is this man that said it is suicide? On what authority has he pronounced it suicide? What does he know that could aid the authorities in investigation?
Elsewhere, you cannot even rush to break this kind of news or make this kind of pronouncement cos the authorities will immediately assume you know something. But watch as this will all go away in a hail of meaningless words of motivation and RIPS

If you know, you know. It's sad to know that most Nigerians know next to nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Annahh(f): 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:
That's what you think till depression hits you beyond your capacity. It's easier to say.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Toks2008(m): 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2022
Natural2Heal:

Hahahahaha... I laugh in swahili language.

You are so so ignorant.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Bigfish121(m): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2022
My lecturer dey stake that time for class sef.

Nigeriafirstlad:
Hope say non be bet9ja make this one kill himself.

Government need to look into youth gambling addiction in Nigeria.

I tut gambling was a joke until I saw a vice chancellor of a popular university in Nigeria staking.

My own addiction is gone beyond redemption, make I non talk about myself......
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by HIPROFILE(m): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
Pierocash:

Just encourage people not to go that part than this kind of ill motivational statement.

Cos you weh feel say you strong if you jam wetin jam some of this people that takes their own life you go bow. Most especially if its a situation you dont know or have who you can talk to without being judged and or stigmatized.

People most often seek and expect perfection from others like the way many people think of their clergy men forgetting that before they became whatever they are, they are first humans too.
Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by geewean(m): 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2022
Drake who is one of the richest and popular rappers that stakes in sports especially the Nigerian Adesanya fight is a poor man? I won't mention his name.At the international airport I saw a music who would likely be your role model due to his uncontroversial lifestyle and music style opened betking app betting seriously is also a poor man?

The myopic attitude of Africans is a laughable thing that behold.Betting should be done � n moderation.I bet and I play with my head.I don't borrow or use important money for it.Addiction is never a thing for me kos I have self discipline.

Crypto and stock trading can be termed gambling when investment decisions are premised on sentiments and emotions.

Let the latitude of your mental framework transcend the African continent.

Natural2Heal:

Re: Laolu Martins, Co-Owner Of Bukka Hut Reportedly Commits Suicide by Nackzy: 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2022
i have been theough a lot already but no matter what I pass through I can never commit sucide

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Picture Of Topless Woman Holding On To A Policeman. What's Happening? / Lady Runs Mad In Owerri, Strips Unclad After A Man Dropped Her Off (Video) / Yahoo Boys Eat Live Chicken As 'Native Doctor' Performs Ritual On Them (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.