Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

A Question For Gray Beard - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Gray Beard (3476 Views)

"House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! / A Question For Nigerian Christians: Why Go On Pilgrimage To Isreal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2011
What evidence do you have to show that Christianity is not a man made religions like all the other religions out there?. . . .What evidence do you have that what ever it is that is responsible of the existence of the universe is male, speaks the human language and inspired men to write the bible. . .?
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by HISchild: 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2011
All the prophecies of the holy Bible have been, are being and shall be fulfilled because GOD ALMIGHTY (ELOHIM), Lord YAHWEH, JEHOVAH, JESUS CHRIST,  who dictated to the holy men of old the word of GOD, knows the end from the beginning, HE is from everlasting.  (The Kingdom of Heaven is near,  "even at the doors"wink,

-------------
“[B]In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth[/B].” - Gen 1:1,  “[B]So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.[/B]” - Gen 1:27 , ”[B]And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.[/B]” - Gen 1:31

we know,
"[B]For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.[/B]" - 2 Peter 1:21

and that,
“[B]All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works[/B].” -2 Timothy 3:16-17

Psalm 96:5
"[B]For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.[/B]"

Isaiah 45:12 & 18
"[B]I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded, [/B]"

"[B]For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.[/B]"

Hebrews 1:2
"[B]Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;[/B]",  The SON - The Lord JESUS CHRIST, The Creator.

Colossians 1:16
"[B]For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:[/B]"

so, it isn't about religion, but rather, about one's personal relationship with and reconciliation back to GOD since the fall / spiritual death of man (from adam), through the atoning work of our Lord JESUS CHRIST in paying the price for the sins of many, saving us/them from the righteous wrath of GOD for sin.

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die” - Gen 2:16-17

adam and eve ate, being deceived by the serpent,

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king." -1 Samuel 15:23

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." - 1 Corinthians 15:22

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." - Psalm 51:5

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment”:-Heb 9:27

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” -Rom 3:23

"For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” -Rom 6:23 

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of GOD.” - Rom 10:17
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 2:02am On Aug 15, 2011
^^

I feel like calling you a foooooool but I won't. . . .Am asking your for evidence to show that Christianity is not man made and all you are doing is quoting a book that was written by men as evidence?. . . .You are completely deluded. . .If we are to go by that then the Koran is also the final revelation of the creator to mankind because it is written inside the book. . . . .When you have an idea of what you are talking about you can let me know, Until then continue wallowing in your bubble of delusion. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by tpia5: 2:03am On Aug 15, 2011
e ma tan ara yin.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 2:07am On Aug 15, 2011
Edit. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by tpia5: 2:13am On Aug 15, 2011
cultists. undecided

dont know why you're foaming at the mouth but carry on.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 2:20am On Aug 15, 2011
tpia@:

cultists. undecided

dont know why you're foaming at the mouth but carry on.

What is wrong with this deluded one?. . .Carry waka. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 2:29am On Aug 15, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
mazaje:

Dorin uwarki shegiya. . . .Yar banza. . .Ubanki shegiya. . . .mahaukaciya. . . . .

kai maaazzzzzaaaaaaaaajjeeeeee!!!! Take am easy now! You are more than that.
I used to reply every insult and then i stop, for the fact that people will always act either rationally or irrational.

*Beside Tpia is my lovely freind.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by tpia5: 2:30am On Aug 15, 2011
Take am easy now! You are more than that

i wonder oh.

i guess he's high on something or swigging whisky while typing.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 2:41am On Aug 15, 2011
Erm! But please stay out of him. . .am holding the hot tea pot for you.

*The meaning of Mazaje in hausa can be a, "strong, fearful & dedicated man". Or "warrior".

tpia@:

i wonder oh.

i guess he's high on something or swigging whisky while typing.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by tpia5: 2:43am On Aug 15, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Erm! But please stay out of him. . .am holding the hot tea pot for you.

*The meaning of Mazaje in hausa can be a, "strong, fearful & dedicated man". Or "warrior".

hmm, doesnt faze me.

he's the one scared of me, not the other way round.

hence his outburst.

he and i have a history here. undecided

i think the courteous thing to do would have been to ask "what's the meaning of what you typed" instead of going off like a terrorist almajiri.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 2:47am On Aug 15, 2011
Aha! Was it the toasting?!!? BTW mazaje is cool cat though i know majority of the religionist will not like him. . .but we have to be accommodative abi?

tpia@:

hmm, doesnt faze me.

he's the one scared of me, not the other way round.

hence his outburst.

he and i have a history here. undecided

i think the courteous thing to do would have been to ask "what's the meaning of what you typed" instead of going off like a terrorist.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by tpia5: 2:53am On Aug 15, 2011
i'm one of the most accommodating people on nairaland or anywhere you want to name, so i do not have a problem with him as long as he knows how to relate with others on a public forum, or in general.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 2:54am On Aug 15, 2011
Rhino.5dm mai gida na? Tuba na ke yi. . . . Ya al'amura?. . . .

@tpia

Sorry,no vex abeg. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by tpia5: 2:57am On Aug 15, 2011
alright then, let's start over.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 3:08am On Aug 15, 2011
wa ne ni! Kasan mutanen ka da addini. . .sai a hankali.

If you dare mention you are a atheist is north, then you are finish!. . .infact even in the south. I dont know why my people dey carry religion for head.

* By the way, where is Grey Beared? He sholud take up this wonderful challange and just may be he can win a soul. cheesy
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 9:27am On Aug 15, 2011
mazaje:

What evidence do you have to show that Christianity is not a man made religions like all the other religions out there?. . . .

I have alot of evidence that Christianity is a unique religion and that it is of God.

I will use the following arguments to prove the authenticity of the bible -

1. Prophecy

2. Archaelogy

3. Corroboration

4. Survival

We can take them one at a time

What evidence do you have that what ever it is that is responsible of the existence of the universe is male, speaks the human language and inspired men to write the bible. . .?

God is sexless. That he is called "he" in the bible is just a question of language. Also it is not that he speaks trhe human language. It is rather that he can make himself understood in any fashion and to any creature including huimans

Abeg, if we go yarn better yarn for this thread, u must promise me say you go commot ya brain from ya yansh, you hia?>
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2011
Gray Beard:

I have alot of evidence that Christianity is a unique religion and that it is of God.

I will use the following arguments to prove the authenticity of the bible -

1. Prophecy

2. Archaelogy

3. Corroboration

4. Survival

We can take them one at a time

God is sexless. That he is called "he" in the bible is just a question of language. Also it is not that he speaks trhe human language. It is rather that he can make himself understood in any fashion and to any creature including huimans

Abeg, if we go yarn better yarn for this thread, u must promise me say you go commot ya brain from ya yansh, you hia?>

No wahala baba. . .Carry go. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

wa ne ni! Kasan mutanen ka da addini. . .sai a hankali.

If you dare mention you are a atheist is north, then you are finish!. . .infact even in the south. I dont know why my people dey carry religion for head.

* By the way, where is Grey Beared? He sholud take up this wonderful challange and just may be he can win a soul. cheesy

Mazaaa. . .Ka na chikin Kundun duri kana shagalewa. . . .Mazaaaaaaaaaaa. . .Ka samu duniya. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by nuclearboy(m): 10:01am On Aug 15, 2011
This one pass popcorn and coke. They are "ro-ing" 3 congos of gari for me - that load no go gree me stand up even if I want. But I still want coke and popcorn

@graybeard:

You will provide my popcorn (igbo)

Watch out - your opponent has a left hook that will make you think you're a catfish

@mazaje:

Respects Sir - you will provide my coke (schnapps or sapele 49)

Be on guard - he'll smile as he skins you alive

LET THE CONTEST  BEGIN.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

@mazaje:

Respects Sir - you will provide my coke (schnapps or sapele 49)

Be on guard - he'll smile as he skins you alive

LET THE CONTEST  BEGIN.

No wahala, you go drink coke tire. . . .But the thing be say am so scared to be skinned alive. . .How you dey sir?. .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by nuclearboy(m): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2011
^

Very fine, thank you!

I do wonder - we all know faith\trust\personal _conviction is required to believe. How do you think an academic exercise will result to such?

But this thread will be fascinating IF the normal NL insanity does not take ove. Gray-Beard has some absolutely fascinating stuff using the prophecy\history angle and he is obviously mentally capable of presenting clearly. And he comes against another great mind. I just hope sentiments and the usual childish mentality of "I must win at all costs" does not obscure arguments here.

Goodluck (not the Nigerian type though)
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:25am On Aug 15, 2011
There is one more factor I did not list:

5. Scientific accuracy.

I will address this first so as to get it out of the way. The fact is that there are so many astonishing scientific details that could not possibly have been known by the men of those days. Many of those details were only discovered by regular science in more advanced times many many centuriues later. Most of them have to do with cosmology and the Earth, and only a being with oversight over all these could have mediated such information to bible writers.

A brief list of such scientific details which no one of the time could possibly have known are –

 Roundness of the earth (Isaiah 40:22)

 Almost infinite extent of the sidereal universe (Isaiah 55:9)

 Law of conservation of mass and energy (II Peter 3:7)

 Hydrologic cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7)

 Vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22)

 Law of increasing entropy (Psalm 102:25-27)

 Paramount importance of blood in life processes (Leviticus 17:11)

 Atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6)

 Gravitational field (Job 26:7)

Bros, if you can find a way to explain away one or two instances, will yuou be so delusional as to deny that ALL the instances taken together, point clearly to a source of knowledge not available in those times?

We will discuss these in detail later. There is also much more. But let us for now start with prophecy.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2011
Let us start with prophecy.

You will agree with me that humans normally are not able to precisely predict future events. When we come across a person who is able to do so with any degree of precision, we would probably conclude that such a person has certain powers. In no other book in the world do we see such a staggering array of spectacularly fulfilled prophecy. The bible’s array of fulfilled prophecy is a living testament to its authorship – for only one having a full view of past, current and future time – such as God, could have provided such outstanding prophetic authorship.

As we proceed, I will set out various undeniable prophecies which were fulfilled in astonishing detail.

I have procured a list online -

Daniel predicted the four great kingdoms
Bible prophecy: Daniel 2:32-33
Prophecy written: About 530 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: Throughout history

In Daniel 2:32-33, there is a prophetic passage that symbolically identified the four great kingdoms that would rise up and control much of world, beginning in Daniel's lifetime. The passage uses symbolic imagery:

1. The head of gold, as Daniel explained, refers to the Babylonian Empire that ruled much of the world about 2600 years ago.

2. Daniel said that the head-of-gold empire would be followed by an empire symbolized by arms of silver. Christian scholars have often interpreted this to refer to the Medo-Persian Empire which later conquered the Babylonian Empire. The scholars say that the two arms refer to the two groups - the Medes and the Persians - who comprised the Medo-Persian Empire.

3. The third kingdom was symbolized by the statue's belly and thighs of brass. Some scholars believe that this is a reference to the Grecian Empire, which conquered the Medo-Persian Empire. The symbol of a belly and thighs of brass suggests that the kingdom was to start out as a united empire but end up as a divided empire. Under the leadership of Alexander the Great, the Grecian Empire was a united empire. But after Alexander's death, the empire was divided up.

4. The fourth symbol - that of iron legs and feet that were part iron and part clay - has often been suggested to be a reference to the Roman Empire, which later conquered the Grecian Empire.

These four kingdoms ruled over much of the world, and each of the four ruled over the land of Israel during times in which a significant number of Jews - and perhaps a majority of Jews - were living in their homeland. Before the collapse of the Roman Empire, Jerusalem was destroyed and hundreds of thousands of Jews were forced into exile. Even today, a majority of Jews live outside of Israel. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Daniel 2:32-33:

32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze,

33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay.

Edom would be toppled and humbled
Bible prophecy: Jeremiah 49:16
Prophecy written: Sometime between 626-586 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: About 100 BC

In Jeremiah 49:16, the prophet said that Edom, a long-time enemy of Israel, would be destroyed. Edom's capital city, Petra, was carved out of a mountain side and had great natural defenses. Nonetheless, it was destroyed and the kingdom of Edom no longer exists. Today, Petra is part of Jordan. The city was conquered by the Romans in the year 106 AD but flourished again shortly after that. A rival city, Palmyra, eventually took most of the trade away from Petra and Petra began to decline. Petra gradually fell into ruin. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Jeremiah 49:16:

The terror you inspire and the pride of your heart have deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks, who occupy the heights of the hill. Though you build your nest as high as the eagle's, from there I will bring you down," declares the Lord.

Egypt would never again rule over nations
Bible prophecy: Ezekiel 29:15
Prophecy written: Between 593-571 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: Since the time of Ezekiel about 2500 years ago

In Ezekiel 29:15, the prophet says that Egypt would recover from a desolation (perhaps Babylon's attack about 2600 years ago), but that it would never again rule over other nations. Up until the time of Ezekiel, Egypt had been a world power for centuries, dominating many nations, including Israel. But for most of the past 2500 years, Egypt has been controlled by foreign powers, including the Romans, Ottomans and Europeans. Today, Egypt is again an independent nation, and it has always been an impressive nation. But since the time of Ezekiel, it no longer rules over other nations. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Ezekiel 29:15:

… I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations.

The Jews would avenge the Edomites
Bible prophecy: Ezekiel 25:14
Prophecy fulfilled: About 100 BC

In Ezekiel 25:14, the prophet said that the Jews would one day take vengeance on Edom, a nation that had often warred with the Jews. When Ezekiel delivered this prophecy, he and many other Jews were living as captives in Babylon. They didn't have control of their own country, let alone anyone else's. But, about 400 years later, Jews regained independence for Jerusalem and the surrounding area during the "Hasmonaean Era or Period." During this time, the Jewish priest-king John Hyrcanus I defeated the Edomites. According to the Columbia Encyclopedia, Fifth Edition: "Edomite history was marked by continuous hostility and warfare with Jews… At the end of the second century B.C., they were subdued by Hasmonaean priest-king John Hyrcanus I…" - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Ezekiel 25:14:

I will take vengeance on Edom by the hand of my people Israel, and they will deal with Edom in accordance with my anger and my wrath; they will know my vengeance, declares the Sovereign Lord.'"

-
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2011
Babylon would rule Judah for 70 years
Bible prophecy: Jeremiah 25:11-12
Prophecy fulfilled: About 609 BC to 539 BC

In Jeremiah 25:11-12, the prophet said that the Jews would suffer 70 years of Babylonian domination. Jeremiah also said Babylon would be punished after the 70 years. Both parts of this prophecy were fulfilled. In 609 BC, which is about 2600 years ago, Babylon captured the last Assyrian king and ruled over a vast part of what had been the Assyrian empire, to which the land of Israel previously had been subjugated. Babylon later asserted its dominance by taking many Jews as captives to Babylon, and by destroying Jerusalem and the Temple. The domination ended in 539 BC, when Cyrus, a leader of Persians and Medes, conquered Babylon and brought an end to its empire. Cyrus later offered the captive Jews the freedom to return to their homeland. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Jeremiah 25:11-12:

11 This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

12 "But when the seventy years are fulfilled, I will punish the king of Babylon and his nation, the land of the Babylonians, for their guilt," declares the LORD, "and will make it desolate forever.

Babylon's gates would open for Cyrus
Bible prophecy: Isaiah 45:1
Prophecy written: Between 701-681 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: 539 BC

In Isaiah 45:1, the prophet said God would open the gates of Babylon for Cyrus and his attacking army. Despite Babylon's remarkable defenses, which included moats, and walls that were more than 70-feet thick and 300-feet high, and 250 watchtowers, Cyrus was able to enter the city and conquer it. Cyrus and his troops diverted the flow of the Euphrates River into a large lake basin. Cyrus then was able to march his army across the riverbed and into the city. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Isaiah 45:1:

"This is what the Lord says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:

Babylon's kingdom would be overthrown, permanently
Bible prophecy: Isaiah 13:19

In Isaiah 13:19, the prophet said Babylon would be overthrown, permanently. History confirms that when Cyrus conquered Babylon in 539 BC, it never again rose to power as an empire. Before the time of Cyrus, however, Babylon had been defeated by the Assyrian Empire but was able to recover and later conquer the Assyrian Empire. However, like Isaiah prophesied 2700 years ago, the Babylonian Empire never recovered from Cyrus' conquest. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Isaiah 13:19:

Babylon, the jewel of kingdoms, the glory of the Babylonians' pride, will be overthrown by God like Sodom and Gomorrah.

Babylon would be reduced to swampland
Bible prophecy: Isaiah 14:23

In Isaiah 14:23, the prophet said that Babylon, which had been a world power at two different times in history, would be brought to a humble and final end. It would be reduced to swampland. After Cyrus conquered Babylon in 539 BC, the kingdom never again rose to power. The buildings of Babylon fell into a gradual state of ruin during the next several centuries. Archaeologists excavated Babylon during the 1800s. Some parts of the city could not be dug up because they were under a water table that had risen over the years. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Isaiah 14:23:

"I will turn her into a place for owls and into swampland; I will sweep her with the broom of destruction," declares the Lord Almighty.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2011

God will never forget the children of Israel
Bible prophecy: Isaiah 49:13-17

In Isaiah 49:13-17, the Lord makes it clear that even though the people of Israel are to be exiled from their land, the Lord will never forget them, and the Lord would eventually bring the exiles back to their homeland.

Isaiah lived about 2700 years ago. At about that time, the Assyrians invaded the northern part of the land of Israel and had forced many of the people into exile. More than a century later, the Babylonians conquered the southern part of the land of Israel, bringing an end to sovereignty, destroying Jerusalem and the Temple, and forcing people into exile.

Despite the hardships, verses 15 and 16 remind us that the Lord will never forget the people of Israel. In fact, it says that even if a mother could forget her child, the Lord would not forget his children, for they are "engraved" on the palms of his hands. And, verses 17 and 18 show that the descendants of Israel would return, as they did after the fall of the Babylonian Empire. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Isaiah 49:13-17:

13 Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me."

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

17 Your sons hasten back, and those who laid you waste depart from you.

The people of Israel will never be completely destroyed
Bible prophecy: Leviticus 26:44
Prophecy written: As early as 1400 BC

In Leviticus 26:44, the Bible said that God would never allow the people of Israel to be completely destroyed.

During ancient times, 10 of the 12 Tribes of Israel were decimated by the Assyrians. And the Babylonians later persecuted what was left of the people of Israel. But, instead of assimilating or perishing, some of the people eventually returned to their homeland and recover their way of life.

The recovery was very complete, complete enough that Jerusalem again had been restored as the center of Jewish life. And the followers of Jesus were able to begin a process in Jerusalem by which Christianity later spread throughout the world. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Leviticus 26:44:

Yet in spite of this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them or abhor them so as to destroy them completely, breaking my covenant with them. I am the Lord their God.

The Jews would survive Babylonian rule and return home
Bible prophecy: Jeremiah 32:36-37
Prophecy fulfilled: 536 BC

Jeremiah was one of the prophets who warned the people of Judah that they would be forced into exile by the Babylonians. In Jeremiah 32:36-37, he prophesies to the people that they will survive that their exile in Babylon and return home.

Babylon had defeated the Assyrians in a decisive battle, ending in 612 B.C., at Nineveh. And then, in 609 B.C., the Babylonians captured the last Assyrian king. The Assyrians had an empire that had included the land of Judah but now the Babylonians had seized control of the empire.

In an effort to show the people of Judah that Babylon was now their new master, they began a process of forcing key residents into exile, as early as 605 B.C. More deportations took place in later years, culminating with the wholesale destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 586 B.C.

Jews began returning to their homeland after the Babylonian Empire was toppled in 539 B.C., by a coalition of Medes and Persians. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Jeremiah 32:36-37:

36 "You are saying about this city, 'By the sword, famine and plague it will be handed over to the king of Babylon'; but this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says:

37 I will surely gather them from all the lands where I banish them in my furious anger and great wrath; I will bring them back to this place and let them live in safety.

The people of Israel would return to "their own land"
Bible prophecy: Ezekiel 34:13
Prophecy fulfilled: About 2600 years ago

Like Jeremiah, the prophet Ezekiel also lived during the time that the Babylonians ruled over the people of Judah, and he too was one of the Jews who were taken to Babylon as captives. In Ezekiel 34:13, he prophesied that God would gather the exiles from the various nations to which they had been scattered and that he would restore them to "their own land." - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Ezekiel 34:13:

I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.

Enemies would move into the land of Israel
Bible prophecy: Leviticus 26:32-33
Prophecy written: As early as 1400 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: Beginning in about 721 BC

In Leviticus 26:32-33, as well as in other prophecies of the Bible, we learn that the people of Israel would be persecuted in the nations to which they would be driven during their exile, and that the land of Israel would be in ruins.

Here, though, we also learn that enemies would reside in the land of Israel during and after the time of exile (Leviticus 26:32).

This fulfillment of this prophecy began about 2500 years ago when Jews began returning from their Babylonian exile.

As explained in the Bible's book of Nehemiah, the returning Jews were met with hostility from foreigners who were residing in and around Jerusalem. In the early chapters within the book of Nehemiah, the foreigners taunt the Jews as the Jews seek to rebuild Jerusalem, which had been destroyed earlier by the Babylonians.

Nehemiah confronts the foreigners, telling them that the Jews will be successful in rebuilding their fallen city:

I answered them by saying, "The God of heaven will give us success. We his servants will start rebuilding, but as for you, you have no share in Jerusalem or any claim or historic right to it" (Nehemiah 2:20, NIV translation).

Nehemiah organized an effort to rebuild the walls around Jerusalem and the project was completed in 52 days, as explained in Nehemiah 6:15-16.

Whereas Leviticus 26:32-33 speaks of the punishment through exile and destruction, other verses within the 26th chapter of Leviticus speak of forgiveness and restoration. Nehemiah played an important role in the restoration of the land and people of Israel after the fall of the Babylonian Empire. - Copyright © George Konig, Ray Konig and 100Prophecies.org

Leviticus 26:32-33:

32 I will lay waste the land, so that your enemies who live there will be appalled.

33 I will scatter you among the nations and will draw out my sword and pursue you. Your land will be laid waste, and your cities will lie in ruins.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2011
Believe me, the above are just a FEW, of the hundreds of prophecies. But I am going to pause here to avoid monotony.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by nuclearboy(m): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2011
^^

@gray-beard:

orgive me but let me make the "four" empires clearer and more simple for readers -

Daniel spoke of 4 beasts (Dan 7)

1. A lion with wings - Babylon has been represented thru history as lion - proud and overbearing
2. A bear "raised" on one side - the Russian bear or medo Persian empire raised because the Persians were stronger than the medes
3. The leopard\cheetah - symbolising the speed of Alexander's triumphs. This animal had four heads symbolised by alexanders almost immediate death and his succession by his 4 generals
4 - the 4th terrible indescribable cruel beast - obviously Rome which remains the wort cruelest empire till date stamping on and destroying all in its path. This beast grew 10 heads ( the 10 tribes of Europe) but a little head grew out amidst them and uprooted 3 (the RCC destroyed 3 of these 10 tribes)

Consider when Daniel spoke and when these happened - these were the ONLY 4 empires that had connection to the Jews.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2011
Gray Beard:

A brief list of such scientific details which no one of the time could possibly have known are –

 Roundness of the earth (Isaiah 40:22)
 Almost infinite extent of the sidereal universe (Isaiah 55:9)
 Law of conservation of mass and energy (II Peter 3:7)
 Hydrologic cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7)
 Vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22)
 Law of increasing entropy (Psalm 102:25-27)
 Paramount importance of blood in life processes (Leviticus 17:11)
 Atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6)
 Gravitational field (Job 26:7)
Christian Science. Vol 1

Isaiah 40:22[/b]22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
  and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
  and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

[b]Isaiah 55:9

9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
  so are my ways higher than your ways
  and my thoughts than your thoughts.

2 Peter 3:7

7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

Ecclesiastes 1:7
7 All streams flow into the sea,
  yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
  there they return again.

Jeremiah 33:22
22 I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars in the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore.’”

Psalm 102:25-27
25 In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth,
  and the heavens are the work of your hands.
26 They will perish, but you remain;
  they will all wear out like a garment.
Like clothing you will change them
  and they will be discarded.
27 But you remain the same,
  and your years will never end

Leviticus 17:11
11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.[a]

Ecclesiastes 1:6
6 The wind blows to the south
  and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
  ever returning on its course

Job 26:7

7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space;
  he suspends the earth over nothing.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2011
Atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6)

The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.

sound like a nursery rhyme lmao grin
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 15, 2011
Quote from the bible to prove the bible's prophecies. Riveting!!!!!
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:54am On Aug 15, 2011
^ Oga pls abeg delete the empty space wey dey for the yansh of ya post . . . . becos na as dat space take dey empty, na so some people dem spiritual life dey count from zero to zero, zero times a da.

Nursery rhyme ke? Bros you stooopid o. You norr even shame to the expose ya ignorance for hia. See as you just carry ibako begin dey nack ya head inside market. na generational curse abi wetin?

That verse describes atmospheric circulation. and yes, very poetically so.

but i guess poetry is not for dim witted barbarians, is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Earthly Benefits Or Advantages Does Being Loved By God Confer? / Blasphemy, Antichrist And T.b. Joshua / Anti-Christ Quotes from the Quaran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.