Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

A Question For Gray Beard - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Gray Beard (3477 Views)

"House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! / A Question For Nigerian Christians: Why Go On Pilgrimage To Isreal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2011
vedaxcool:

Your argument seems strange and mysterious. the bolded seem strange as are you saying there are no Christian that are Hausas, do you know hausa is a lingua franca in the north? that is why you will find Christians using Allah? do you know that arab Christians use Allah for god? it seem you have some logic mixed up as Yesu means Jesus and the Islamic equivalent for Jesus is Isa, Almcihu means messiah, the Islamic equivalent is Al masih, I do not really understand what you were trying to prove, but you simply jumbled up issues,as the word Wallahi is clearly swearing by Allah, and i spoke to a Hausa moments ago and the Hausa lady said it does not connote seriousness but actually swearing by God or Allah.

The context is what matters, wallahi does not swearing by Allah to a non muslims that uses the word. . . .Non muslims from Jos or Adamawa that  speak the Hausa language use the word wallahi to mean am serious go and ask any body that speaks the Hausa language. . . .

You know I have heard of atheist who said " thank God that car would have hit me" will this also mean that he is saying seriously that car would have hit me?  It seems the atheist can not even do with out God, No?

Thank God is nothing more than ohh my goodness when viewed in its actual context when spoken by an atheist. . .Its just part of our daily figure of speech. . . .I have heard many Muslims here in the west that use the word "Jesus Christ" as an exclamation word. . . .Does that mean they believe in Jesus Christ the way Christians do?. . . .They Just use it as as an exclamation cos it has evolved as part of the language and is used as a form of expression and nothing more. . . .I use the word "wallahi" and "Jesus Christ" all the time because I was raised using those words, they are just a form of expression and nothing more to me. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ vedaxcool
Its all depends on the context you use in asking the lady. As a simple poser will return the real meaning of the word or phrase. But try asking her in the context of discussion or give a hint about our discussion.

I used to have a concerntrated born again christain as a girl friend and when ever am yabbing her she will utter the word "subhanallah" or whenever somebody pass away she will quickly say "inna lillahi" in a very stylish way that you feel her deep concern of the death.

But then try discussing religion with her and see how she wont hesitate in mutilating Islamic doctrine.

But this is common with northern setting to be using those words or phrase, as you hardly know their subtitutes, even when in reality the dont believe or accept anything Islam.

As mazaje rightly put, it is common for the middle belten christains to be using the words or phrase during conversation without proper agreeing with the meaning.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
Gray Beard:

Many stories conveyed in the bible have been confirmed by archaelogical findings.

We start with a few -

The discovery of the Ebla archive in northern Syria in the 1970s has shown the Biblical writings concerning the Patriarchs to be viable. Documents written on clay tablets from around 2300 B.C. demonstrate that personal and place names in the Patriarchal accounts are genuine. The name “Canaan” was in use in Ebla, a name critics once said was not used at that time and was used incorrectly in the early chapters of the Bible. The word tehom (“the deep”) in Genesis 1:2 was said to be a late word demonstrating the late writing of the creation story. “Tehom” was part of the vocabulary at Ebla, in use some 800 years before Moses. Ancient customs reflected in the stories of the Patriarchs have also been found in clay tablets from Nuzi and Mari.

The Hittites were once thought to be a Biblical legend, until their capital and records were discovered at Bogazkoy, Turkey.

Many thought the Biblical references to Solomon's wealth were greatly exaggerated. Recovered records from the past show that wealth in antiquity was concentrated with the king and Solomon's prosperity was entirely feasible.
It was once claimed there was no Assyrian king named Sargon as recorded in Isaiah 20:1, because this name was not known in any other record. Then, Sargon's palace was discovered in Khorsabad, Iraq. The very event mentioned in Isaiah 20, his capture of Ashdod, was recorded on the palace walls. What is more, fragments of a stela memorializing the victory were found at Ashdod itself.

Another king who was in doubt was Belshazzar, king of Babylon, named in Daniel 5. The last king of Babylon was Nabonidus according to recorded history. Tablets were found showing that Belshazzar was Nabonidus' son who served as coregent in Babylon. Thus, Belshazzar could offer to make Daniel “third highest ruler in the kingdom” (Dan. 5:16) for reading the handwriting on the wall, the highest available position. Here we see the “eye-witness” nature of the Biblical record, as is so often brought out by the discoveries of archaeology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmm. . . .What am I to do with this?. . . .You are talking places of old right?. . . . .In two thousand years, Danielle Steele novels could also be taken as "Historically Accurate".  After all, the people live in places like New York, Los Angeles and when future archeologists find those places, the "Unabridged Gospels according to St. Danielle of the liberation" will likewise be "proven true". . . . . .

The bible is a collection of stories from older civilizations with a new twist. . . . . .Nothing more, nothing less . . . .

Remember Troy. . . The city was once thought to be mythical but was later found by archeologist, does that mean that all the Gods talked about by the people are real?. . . . . The "Odyssey and the Iliad" dealt with a city that was supposed to be a myth. It was found as well. Now because it was found, does that make Athena, Poseidon, Odysseus, Circe and the other Gods, monster and people real too?. . . . .I know you won't like or accept my my line of reasoning because it is going to point out a major weakness in the "historicity" of your bible. Writing about places is one thing, writing about people is something else. . . . .

As to the Historical accuracy of the bible making it 100% right, you need to understand that there are many stories and histories out there that likewise are historically accurate when it comes to places but as you don't believe the people or Gods that they speak of aren't real, why is the bible different?. . . .Because the names of places written in the bible were found doesn't mean the stories are real at all. . . .The stories in the koran and other religious books also have the names of real places, no? Your argument to me is false, . . The legends of Hercules have many real places etc.
That does NOT make Hercules the God real. . . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2011
Gray Beard:

 Campaign into Israel by Pharaoh Shishak (1 Kings 14:25-26), recorded on the walls of the Temple of Amun in Thebes, Egypt.

 Revolt of Moab against Israel (2 Kings 1:1; 3:4-27), recorded on the Mesha Inscription.

 Fall of Samaria (2 Kings 17:3-6, 24; 18:9-11) to Sargon II, king of Assyria, as recorded on his palace walls.

 Defeat of Ashdod by Sargon II (Isaiah 20:1), as recorded on his palace wall.

 Campaign of the Assyrian king Sennacherib against Judah (2 Kings 18:13-16), as recorded on the Taylor Prism.

 Siege of Lachish by Sennacherib (2 Kings 18:14, 17), as recorded on the Lachish reliefs.

 Assassination of Sennacherib by his own sons (2 Kings 19:37), as recorded in the annals of his son Esarhaddon.

 Fall of Nineveh as predicted by the prophets Nahum and Zephaniah (2:13-15), recorded on the Tablet of Nabopolasar.

 Fall of Jerusalem to Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon (2 Kings 24:10-14), as recorded in the Babylonian Chronicles.

 Captivity of Jehoiachin, king of Judah, in Babylon (2 Kings 24:15-16), as recorded on the Babylonian Ration Records.

 Fall of Babylon to the Medes and Persians (Daniel 5:30-31), as recorded on the Cyrus Cylinder.

 Freeing of captives in Babylon by Cyrus the Great (Ezra 1:1-4; 6:3-4), as recorded on the Cyrus Cylinder.

 The existence of Jesus Christ as recorded by Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, the Talmud, and Lucian.

 Forcing Jews to leave Rome during the reign of Claudius (A.D. 41-54) (Acts 18:2), as recorded by Suetonius.

How true are these things? Where are the independent and verifiable links to show all these things are true?. . . .Many Christians "archaeologist" are known and have been caught making many things up to support the bible stories, many have had to recant their statements and admit that their findings are not true some once said they found the Noah ark but had to recant their assertions after their assertion were examined closely. . . .Let me give you just one example. . . .You said that the Talmud records the existence of Jesus Christ but the fact is that it is not true, .The Babylonian does NOT talk about Jesus of the bible. . .You can bring up what was written in the Babylonian Talmud lets go through it here and you will see for you self that it does not talk about Jesus of the bible. . . .It talks about a man called Yeshu who is NOT the same as the Jesus of the bible. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by thehomer: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2011
Gray Beard:

LIAR!

See ya statement hia -

That's where u said suspension is by virtue of a force acting from below an object. . . . . .

Then u contradicted that with dis definition -

??

. . . . eeediotically failing to realize that the word suspension can be applied to the state of a body that is held within a space wiythout solid physical support. . . .even the last usage u cited captures that, it says -

. . . .within which definition there is NO DOUBT THAT THE EARTH IS INDEED SUSPENDED ALONG ITS PATH BY THE GRAVITATIONAL PULL  OF THE SUN!

Bros, you be illiterate, no lie, na from kirikiri yoiu dey type. . . .

The single point that I've made seems to have pushed you over the edge of your mental stability. It seems you are also unable to understand plain English. How were my statements contradictory? Here let me make it even easier for a child going into primary school to understand.

When something is suspended, it implies that there is a force acting on it from below. When a chandelier is suspended from the ceiling, the force acting on it from below is gravity. When particles are suspended in liquid, it implies that they are being acted upon by a force from below that is preventing them from falling to the bottom of the container. Is it clearer now? Let us continue the basic lesson. Based on our knowledge of the concept of gravity between the earth and the sun, there is no place in space that can be referred to as being "below" the earth so how is it "suspended"? Or is the sun above or below the earth?

The fact that you were finally able to wipe your computer of faeces doesn't make you mentally stable. You need more aggressive treatment.

Gray Beard:

Your contradictions do NOT end there. . . .

You first said the passage cited has nothing to do with gravity. . . . then when called out you accepted that the earth is indeed held in the gravitational pull of the sun!

What crass illiterate duplicity!

And u tink sey u fit use grammar confuse us? ? ? ? ? ?

All dis day-time stoopidity jus to discredit a VERY CLEAR bible passage . . . .

This dullard at it again. Why don't you actually show the contradictions? If you think they are contradictions because you didn't understand the words, why don't you ask a child walking by?

Gray Beard:

Your daftness stinks to high heavens for all to see and YOU HAVE MADE NO POINT AT ALL IN THIS THREAD SAVE TO BEFUDDLE URSEF IN A COBWEB OF LAUGHABLE CONTRADICTIONS!

The single point I've made seems to have made you defaecate on your computer. Now that it is clean, I hope you can do better.

Gray Beard:

i have no iota of respect for your empty numbskull, and i will not bother with u again, as i have shown that u have said nothing here except mumble gibberish with your toe in your mouth like the truly epileptic grandson of a quadarpiltic grandma that you are

Of course end it with the sort of ad hominem one expects from an adult who was unable to graduate from primary school. You really need to take the lobes of your brain out of your rectum before trying to communicate. I really hope you put that refund from your vet to good use because it seems even the electroconvulsive therapy hasn't worked well. I recommend that you go back three times a day for higher currents to be used.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 3:27am On Aug 18, 2011
Where is Gray Beard?. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Sweetnecta: 8:42am On Aug 18, 2011
Rhino.5dm: « #96 on: August 16, 2011, 01:11 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: vedaxcool on August 16, 2011, 12:57 PM
Your argument seems strange and mysterious. the bolded seem strange as are you saying there are no Christian that are Hausas, do you know hausa is a lingua franca in the north? that is why you will find Christians using Allah? do you know that arab Christians use Allah for god? it seem you have some logic mixed up as Yesu means Jesus and the Islamic equivalent for Jesus is Isa, Almcihu means messiah, the Islamic equivalent is Al masih, I do not really understand what you were trying to prove, but you simply jumbled up issues,as the word Wallahi is clearly swearing by Allah, and i spoke to a Hausa moments ago and the Hausa lady said it does not connote seriousness but actually swearing by God or Allah.

The context is what matters, wallahi does not swearing by Allah to a non muslims that uses the word. . . .Non muslims from Jos or Adamawa that speak the Hausa language use the word wallahi to mean am serious go and ask any body that speaks the Hausa language. . . .

You know I have heard of atheist who said " thank God that car would have hit me" will this also mean that he is saying seriously that car would have hit me? It seems the atheist can not even do with out God, No?

Thank God is nothing more than ohh my goodness when viewed in its actual context when spoken by an atheist. . .Its just part of our daily figure of speech. . . .I have heard many Muslims here in the west that use the word "Jesus Christ" as an exclamation word. . . .Does that mean they believe in Jesus Christ the way Christians do?. . . .They Just use it as as an exclamation cos it has evolved as part of the language and is used as a form of expression and nothing more. . . .I use the word "wallahi" and "Jesus Christ" all the time because I was raised using those words, they are just a form of expression and nothing more to me. . .
Report to moderator Logged
Atheism is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with reality.
Rhino.5dm
Kundun duri.

Re: A Question For Gray Beard
« #97 on: August 16, 2011, 03:11 PM »

@ vedaxcool
Its all depends on the context you use in asking the lady. As a simple poser will return the real meaning of the word or phrase. But try asking her in the context of discussion or give a hint about our discussion.

I used to have a concerntrated born again christain as a girl friend and when ever am yabbing her she will utter the word "subhanallah" or whenever somebody pass away she will quickly say "inna lillahi" in a very stylish way that you feel her deep concern of the death.

But then try discussing religion with her and see how she wont hesitate in mutilating Islamic doctrine.

But this is common with northern setting to be using those words or phrase, as you hardly know their subtitutes, even when in reality the dont believe or accept anything Islam.

As mazaje rightly put, it is common for the middle belten christains to be using the words or phrase during conversation without proper agreeing with the meaning.[/Quote]If you see mazaje before I see him, give him hausa koboko. At least 20 lashes for the bold. If you are not up to it, maybe we will meet at Buhari's office and I will give him 30 for his absolute rubbish.

We also live in the west. No muslim will be that stupid to say Jesus christ he can not even say Yaa Rasulullah. If he ever says either, he will make stigfar, immediately.

A non praying muslim has fallen out of the fold of Islam because it is salah that make the difference; the start of the difference. People give charity, similar to Zakat of Muslims. People fast, Muslims make siam. People say they believe in God, similarly Muslims believe in God with Personal Name; Allah.

If when I am caning mazaje, if he does not take it like a man, I know the passe to call to hold him down.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Rhino.5dm: « #96 on: August 16, 2011, 01:11 PM »If you see mazaje before I see him, give him hausa koboko. At least 20 lashes for the bold. If you are not up to it, maybe we will meet at Buhari's office and I will give him 30 for his absolute rubbish.

We also live in the west. No muslim will be that silly to say Jesus christ he can not even say Yaa Rasulullah. If he ever says either, he will make stigfar, immediately.

A non praying muslim has fallen out of the fold of Islam because it is salah that make the difference; the start of the difference. People give charity, similar to Zakat of Muslims. People fast, Muslims make siam. People say they believe in God, similarly Muslims believe in God with Personal Name; Allah.

If when I am caning mazaje, if he does not take it like a man, I know the passe to call to hold him down.

Your God's personal name is Allah, right?. . . .When then do you deluded Fooooooools keep claiming he is the same as the God of the bible who says his personal name is Jehovah Yahweh?. . . .I don't eve understand most of what you have written above. . . .You are completely deluded. . . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Sweetnecta: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2011
I already told Rhino.5dm to handle you. If he can't you will the fury of this yoruba guy in the north. I pillage you for your ignorance. The hausa will say dansaki to me when i am done with your ignorance. You better remain in denmark because i see you in Nigeria, you are done. You here me? I know you can't read. Always with selective understanding.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

I already told Rhino.5dm to handle you. If he can't you will the fury of this yoruba guy in the north. I pillage you for your ignorance. The hausa will say dansaki to me when i am done with your ignorance. You better remain in denmark because i see you in Nigeria, you are done. You here me? I know you can't read. Always with selective understanding.

You are a foooooool. . . .You don't even know what you are saying. . .There is nothing you can do to me in Nigeria, but there are so many things I can do to you in the united states,  . .Don't fucccckkkk with me. . . .stupiddddd deluded fooooool who believes that some imaginary creation of the Arab men is is lord and master. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-Christ Quotes from the Quaran / Evolution: What's Your Take On It? / TB Joshua Disciples And wisemen Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.