Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

A Question For Gray Beard - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Gray Beard (3474 Views)

"House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! / A Question For Nigerian Christians: Why Go On Pilgrimage To Isreal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2011
Gray Beard:

^ Your explanation is nonsensical, but even b4 i address it, you must address ALL the many prophecies cited. u cannot just pick one and then ignore the legions of others

na fraud be dat

Why is it nonsensical?. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by thehomer: 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2011
Gray Beard:

Osanobua ooooooooooooooo! ! ! !

There is nothing more despicable than a pseudo intellectual who shamelessly parrots ridiculous lies and self-contradiction without having the decency to apologize.

This bomboclaerk called thehomer first of all said that the passage cited had nothing whatsoever to do with gravity.

Make una see o -

When I called him out on WHAT exactly is the force holding the earth in its orbit around the sun, the juvenile bed-wetter comes around and says this –

so the mo.ro.n accepts that the Earth’s motion is indeed along the “gravity well” of the sun.

This is why I will never have any respect whatsoever for these pseudo intellectuals who in their rabid bid to discredit the bible end up foaming at the mouth like the truly epileptic and delusional retards that they are.

More garbage. What does the word suspended mean for you in this context. This slowpoke actually thinks it means suspension from school. . . .the idea of being stationary, etc. Grow up. It simply means that it is held along its place without solid physical support.

This is the problem with people who are mentally deranged they find it difficult to understand basic concepts presented in English. When something is suspended, does it not imply that there is a force acting on it from below? How hard is it for you to understand that with gravity, there is no place that you refer to as below?
You go further to show the sort of poor concept of context that you have by linking suspension of physical objects to suspension from school. This is something not even expected from people who have graduated from secondary school. Like I said, you may just be mentally deranged.

Gray Beard:

Frankly you are so fabulously stooopid in your own delusion that I wonder that I can be bothered to respond to you.

S.hit carrier. That’s obviously what ya brains are made of. You are easily the daftest person I have seen on this forum.

Suspension indeed.

Abeg commot for road jooor.

So that is what it means. It is just as I suspected, you seem to have a rectal and fecal fetish. I really hope you get some therapy for it. You could start by checking in to a facility with some electroconvulsive therapy or see a vet for your needed lobotomy.

Though I'm starting to suspect that this is just an alter ego for your cleaned up self. It appears that you think you have a reputation to protect.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2011
your post is very silly. Think for your self. What does the word 'suspension' mean. You goofed. A body is suspended when it sits in a void without solid physical support. So sad u are so daft that sarcasm is lost on u when i talked about school suspension. Olodo. Na yab be dat one, but u are too slow to pick up on that, u chronic bed wetter?

For lords sake whatever else you do, do not tell lies. You first claimed dat gravity got nothing to do with the passage until we asked u what force from the sun keeps the earth in orbit. Then u comically remembered that that is gravitational energy from the sun?

Pls keep ur pretenses to erudition to urself.

Ur understanding of the word 'suspension' is pathetic. U say it means support from below. That is so illiterate i will not countenance it with a response.

I dey use phone or i for show u pepper. Bovine recidivist.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by UyiIredia(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2011
I am generally disappointed when I see Christians engaging in mud-slinging. Gray Beard and thehomer quit with it !
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by thehomer: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
Gray Beard:

your post is very silly. Think for your self. What does the word 'suspension' mean. You goofed. A body is suspended when it sits in a void without solid physical support. So sad u are so daft that sarcasm is lost on u when i talked about school suspension. Olodo. Na yab be dat one, but u are too slow to pick up on that, u chronic bed wetter?

For lords sake whatever else you do, do not tell lies. You first claimed dat gravity got nothing to do with the passage until we asked u what force from the sun keeps the earth in orbit. Then u comically remembered that that is gravitational energy from the sun?

Pls keep your pretenses to erudition to urself.

your understanding of the word 'suspension' is pathetic. U say it means support from below. That is so illiterate i will not countenance it with a response.

I dey use phone or i for show u pepper. Bovine recidivist.

Since English seems to be a language you're not familiar with, here are relevant definitions of suspension.

Dictionary.com:

Suspend
1. to hang by attachment to something above: to suspend a chandelier from the ceiling.
2. to attach so as to allow free movement: to suspend a door on a hinge.
3. to keep from falling, sinking, forming a deposit, etc., as if by hanging: to suspend solid particles in a liquid.

source: Dictionary.com

Please show where I said what you're claiming. My posts are still available on the thread. It is generally a bad idea to present such false hoods that can be easily confirmed.
Now, I hope you understand what suspension means and why gravity doesn't suspend the earth.

If you still do not, go and collect your money back from the vet who lobotomized you and pay for another electroconvulsive therapy without anaestetics or muscle relaxant. Don't forget to keep the brain he removed from your head in the fetish zone of your body.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by thehomer: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

I am generally disappointed when I see Christians engaging in mud-slinging. Gray Beard and thehomer quit with it !

And who made you the referee? Come and disconnect my connection.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by nuclearboy(m): 9:22pm On Aug 15, 2011
LOL grin

@mazaje:

Me Sef don become prophet "Daniel" on this thread with my prophecy of the "NL Spirit" manifesting on this thread.

You should accept the Supernatural now O
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2011
nuclearboy:

LOL grin

@mazaje:

Me Sef don become prophet "Daniel" on this thread with my prophecy of the "NL Spirit" manifesting on this thread.

You should accept the Supernatural now O

I don't accept am one time. . .All Hail prophet nuclearboy. . . . .Where shall we drop the offering?. . . cheesy
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by nuclearboy(m): 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
shocked

Offer - what? Please Sir, thank you but no, NO offerings. Wouldn't want the curse associated with lying for self-gain to convince me I'd look better with jerry-curls.

Sad though, that this thread is losing the promise it initially showed
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Sweetnecta: 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2011
There is no Atheist in The Foxhole when the bullets are whistling by.

[Quote]« #43 on: Today at 01:07:08 PM »

Quote from: Rhino.5dm on Today at 12:26:37 PM
Mazaaajeeeee! Alarji sai da "zafin kundun duri", as a cold blooded animal, i need am well well ooo Cheesy

Mazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . .Sai da gidan dadi. . . .Gidan dadiiiiiiiii. . . . .Mazaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . .ka san sai da jan laushi da dumi dumi ai mazaaaaaaa. . . .A chi gaba. . . .Sai gidan dadi wallahi. . .[/Quote]What is the bold except that The God's Name ALLAH is in it? And the Atheist says there is no God but he never saying His Name to affirm that he is speaking the Truth. How do you affirm His except better than this? The instinctive name of man is to acknowledge Him. And you have done so by the bold. This you must admit, even if you refuse to submit and or obey Him.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:57pm On Aug 15, 2011
pity am still using a phone. Fisrt dis homer joker said suspension is support from below. Now his definition says its  attachment from above. When will dis bovine retard realise thatit simply refers to being held in place in the context used. Honestly i have never seen such crass illiteracy
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 2:32am On Aug 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

What is the bold except that The God's Name ALLAH is in it? And the Atheist says there is no God but he never saying His Name to affirm that he is speaking the Truth. How do you affirm His except better than this? The instinctive name of man is to acknowledge Him. And you have done so by the bold. This you must admit, even if you refuse to submit and or obey Him.

Wallahi to me is just part of my hausa language(am a Hausa man), back in the days I used to say Jesus Christ as past of my figure of expression not because I believe in Jesus but because its a part of my figure of speech. . .I take wallahi to mean am serious. . . .Thats all. . .I don't believe in your imaginary Allah which is nothing but the creation of ancient Arabic men. . .Cut your self a slack. . .The world does not revolve around Islam. over 80 percent of the world population does not believe in its mythical stories. . . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Sweetnecta: 2:45am On Aug 16, 2011
[Quote]« #75 on: Today at 02:32:56 AM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 10:48:24 PM
What is the bold except that The God's Name ALLAH is in it? And the Atheist says there is no God but he never saying His Name to affirm that he is speaking the Truth. How do you affirm His except better than this? The instinctive name of man is to acknowledge Him. And you have done so by the bold. This you must admit, even if you refuse to submit and or obey Him.

Wallahi to me is just part of my hausa language(am a Hausa man), back in the days I used to say Jesus Christ as past of my figure of expression not because I believe in Jesus but because its a part of my figure of speech. . .I take wallahi to mean am serious. . . .Thats all. . .I don't believe in your imaginary Allah which is nothing but the creation of ancient Arabic men. . .Cut your self a slack. . .The world does not revolve around Islam. over 80 percent of the world population does not believe in its mythical stories. . . .[/Quote]Wallahi is hausa? You are a man without honor. Pease take yourself to your boko haram neighbors and them take of your ignorance [I beg do it on my account o. But you can still do it a mindless person. Typical of atheists]. When did hausa people become arabs? Sick little puppy. Me a Yoruba man has more Arab blood than the hausas; read Obasanjo's boo about the origin of the yorubas before you open your mouth again.

As a yoruba man I will never swear by any of what the yoruba pagans swear by. We in Islam are pagans by your standard, yet our God is what you swore by. Beat yourself up because you will be honoring your silly mind by it.

Orishi rishi. If i were a man who will beat donkey, when i meet you, i will beat you senselessly.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 2:57am On Aug 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Wallahi is hausa? You are a man without honor. Pease take yourself to your boko haram neighbors and them take of your ignorance [I beg do it on my account o. But you can still do it a mindless person. Typical of atheists]. When did hausa people become arabs? Sick little puppy. Me a Yoruba man has more Arab blood than the hausas; read Obasanjo's boo about the origin of the yorubas before you open your mouth again.

As a yoruba man[b] I will never swear by any of what the yoruba pagans swear by.[/b] We in Islam are pagans by your standard, yet our God is what you swore by. Beat yourself up because you will be honoring your silly mind by it.

Orishi rishi. If i were a man who will beat donkey, when i meet you, i will beat you senselessly.

You are funny. . .That's why we are all different people don't have to behave or act the same way as you. . . .I said to me wallahi simply means am serious. . .That is just what it means to me. . .its a part of my Hausa language. . . .When I use the word wallahi it simply means am serious. That's what it means to me, what part of it do you not understand? Who cares about what the lying OBJ says about the origins of the Yoruba's. where is the DNA evidence he presented to show that the Yoruba's descended from the Arabs? Where is the DNA evidence?. . .You take the words of the lying OBJ serious because he says what sounds pleasing to your ears,no? Why don't you also believe the same OBJ that declares that the christian God is the only true God and that Jesus is his son?. . . .You are a time waster my friend. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by thehomer: 7:19am On Aug 16, 2011
Gray Beard:

pity am still using a phone. Fisrt dis homer joker said suspension is support from below. Now his definition says its  attachment from above. When will dis bovine slowpoke realise thatit simply refers to being held in place in the context used. Honestly i have never seen such crass illiteracy

I hope you've used your phone to get in contact with your vet for your refund because it seems your memory is failing you. Where did I talk about attachment from below? You keep whining about your phone am I the one that defaecated on your computer?
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by vedaxcool(m): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, Laughing under astonishment! lua, Cut off guard grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2011
lemme clear some misconseption.
Wallahi is arabic word which has been localised by the Hausa linqua, in that hausa language history it self, is tied around arabic so much that you will be able to 'pick' arabic by mere speaking hausa. Bayajidda the son of king of Baghdad should quickly come to any historian mind. if you are very vast in hausa.

Having said so, it is a common knowledge for any person in the north to be using the word even without knowing its meaning or believing in it. Infact the word Allah,Wallahi,Tallahi is known to be use by northern christains when conversating. To them its northing more than another way of showing how serious you are just as Mazaje rightly put it.

@ sweetnect
why do you like forcing your religion on people? And later you claim there is no compulsion in Isalam?
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Sweetnecta: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2011
@Mazaje; « #77 on: Today at 02:57:43 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 02:45:27 AM
Wallahi is hausa? You are a man without honor. Pease take yourself to your boko haram neighbors and them take of your ignorance [I beg do it on my account o. But you can still do it a mindless person. Typical of atheists]. When did hausa people become arabs? Sick little puppy. Me a Yoruba man has more Arab blood than the hausas; read Obasanjo's boo about the origin of the yorubas before you open your mouth again.

As a yoruba man I will never swear by any of what the yoruba pagans swear by. We in Islam are pagans by your standard, yet our God is what you swore by. Beat yourself up because you will be honoring your silly mind by it.

You are funny. . .That's why we are all different people don't have to behave or act the same way as you. .  . .I said to me wallahi simply means am serious. . .That is just what it means to me. . .its a part of my Hausa language. . . .When I use the word wallahi it simply means am serious. That's what it means to me, what part of it do you not understand? cares about what the lying OBJ says about the origins of the Yoruba's. where is the DNA evidence he presented to show that the Yoruba's descended from the Arabs? Where is the DNA evidence?. . .You take the words of the lying OBJ serious because he says what sounds pleasing to your ears,no? Why don't you also believe the same OBJ that declares that the christian God is the only true God and that Jesus is his son?. . . .You are a time waster my friend. . .[/Quote]Let me work my way up you. I am not your friend, because friend to call friend "Donkey". I only spoke about Obasanjo because at least he is true to his father's origin, unlike Babangida, an Ogbomosho Gbadamoshi who is suddenly a hausa from Minna. Further I used Obasanjo being a known Yoruba to you since you do not come "down south", If I tell you that I heard the same story from my grandmother, a princess whose blood is authentically Yoruba [ra]. I also heard if from a christian friend, who is deep in yoruba history. He heard it from his Ekitiparapo leader father.
Is it not interesting that 2 christians say the same thing about their Yoruba and Makka? One is Egba and the other is stubborn as a mule Ekiti. The Funanis in africa have the same origin by their variance of fulani language, though they may not look alike. And before DNA people used to communicate their blood origin by their oral history. Further, Oba of Lagos showed that Ifa has its origin in Pagan Makka. These are enough evidence.
finally, the hausas must have a word to mean God in their authentic language? I think they say Obangiji, similar to yorubas Oluwa and Igbos Chineke. Use Obangiji, instead and leave Allah alone for the Muslims or somebody sensible enough to acknowledge what it means. "I am serious' in Yoruba are many, 1] ooto. 2] Mio sere.
Find what they say in hausa apart from Wallahi. Hausa is a matured language, if you dont know.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Sweetnecta: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2011
@Rhino.5dm; « #80 on: Today at 09:41:52 AM »
[Quote]lemme clear some misconseption.
Wallahi is arabic word which has been localised by the Hausa linqua, in that hausa language history it self, is tied around arabic so much that you will be able to 'pick' arabic by mere speaking hausa. Bayajidda the son of king of Baghdad should quickly come to any historian mind. if you are very vast in hausa.[/Quote]Very impossible. Maybe local hausa arabic which is non existing while Yoruba spoken in Bahia, Brazil exists.

[Quote]Having said so, it is a common knowledge for any person in the north to be using the word even without knowing its meaning or believing in it. Infact the word Allah,Wallahi,Tallahi is known to be use by northern christains when conversating. To them its northing more than another way of showing how serious you are just as Mazaje rightly put it.[/Quote]Now that he knows how we in Islam feel, even you hate our God, you cant but acknowledge Him. Allah says this in Suratul Naml, or it Nahl; Ant or Bee. Allah says if they ask them [unconsciously], they will acknowledge Him as Creator, Sustainer, and yes the One {Mazaje the fake hausa warrior has used to affirm how serious he is].

[Quote]@ sweetnect
why do you like forcing your religion on people? And later you claim there is no compulsion in Isalam?[/Quote]Nothing I say showed that I am forcing him to be muslim. Telling him to drop Allah Who he does not acknowledge is not forcing him.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 10:13am On Aug 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Mazaje; « #77 on: Today at 02:57:43 AM »Let me work my way up you. I am not your friend, because friend to call friend "Donkey". I only spoke about Obasanjo because at least he is true to his father's origin, unlike Babangida, an Ogbomosho Gbadamoshi who is suddenly a hausa from Minna. Further I used Obasanjo being a known Yoruba to you since you do not come "down south", If I tell you that I heard the same story from my grandmother, a princess whose blood is authentically Yoruba [ra]. I also heard if from a christian friend, who is deep in yoruba history. He heard it from his Ekitiparapo leader father.
Is it not interesting that 2 christians say the same thing about their Yoruba and Makka? One is Egba and the other is stubborn as a mule Ekiti. The Funanis in africa have the same origin by their variance of fulani language, though they may not look alike. And before DNA people used to communicate their blood origin by their oral history. Further, Oba of Lagos showed that Ifa has its origin in Pagan Makka. These are enough evidence.
finally, the hausas must have a word to mean God in their authentic language? I think they say Obangiji, similar to yorubas Oluwa and Igbos Chineke. Use Obangiji, instead and leave Allah alone for the Muslims or somebody sensible enough to acknowledge what it means. "I am serious' in Yoruba are many, 1] ooto. 2] Mio sere.
Find what they say in hausa apart from Wallahi. Hausa is a matured language, if you dont know.

You are not a Hausa man are you? Rhino.5dm who is a Hausa man has already given you a good explanation, Non Muslims living in the north all use wallahi as a word which means "am serious" ask any body that speaks the Hausa language and he will tell you that. . .Wallahi in the context of the Hausa language is very different from wallali in the Arabic language, do you get it? Languages evolve most times seems you are too dull to comprehend that fact. . . .As for the Yoruba's descending from the Arabs, which notable historian told you that? Is Obansanjo a historian, which university did he get his History degree from? Stop your baseless bed time stories that belong to illiterates. . .If the Yoruba's descended from the Arabs, there will be DNA evidence to confirm it, no? Where is your DNA evidence to show that the Yoruba's descended for the Arabs. . . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2011
@ sweetnecta
since you dont seems to understand my points then lemme put a little example for you.

abba= father in Arabic abba=father in Hausa

jahili=illiterate in arabic jahili= illiterate in Hausa

haram= forbidden in Arabic and equally forbidden in Hausa . . . . ."Boko haram" shocked

ummi=mother in arabic and mother in Hausa. . . . .I can tell you that Arabic is more

localized in Hausa than any Nigerian language. Take it or leave! I can go on and on to tell you this because i understand basic arabic myself.

Kaifa asubati? in arabic while hause will say Barka da asubati?

Magrib= evening in Arabic while hausa will say mangaruba or magrib. . .so pick another cos i know this better than you.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2011
@ Mazaje

Don Allah grin share wannan rikicecen. wallahi grin grin a rude yake.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 10:39am On Aug 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

@ Mazaje

Don Allah grin share wannan rikicecen. wallahi grin grin a rude yake. 

Mazaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . . Wallahi ya gama haukachewa. . . . .  grin grin grin A rikice yake. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Sweetnecta: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2011
@Rhino.5dm; [Quote]@ sweetnecta
since you dont seems to understand my points then lemme put a little example for you.

abba= father in Arabic         abba=father in Hausa[/Quote]Baba also in Arabic. Baba in Yoruba. Abu in Arabic.

[Quote]jahili=illiterate in arabic      jahili= illiterate in Hausa [/Quote]Jahiliya is ignorance in Arabic as in Abu Sham [lana] is Abu Jahal [father of Ignorance]. Ummiyi is Illiterate in Arabic as in Muhammad [as] Ummiyi

[Quote]haram= forbidden in Arabic and equally forbidden in Hausa . . . . ."Boko haram" Shocked[/Quote]I'm not shocked, because you are actually behaving like a Jahil or a boko haram right about now, because Boko is Hausa for book, where Kitab is Book in Arab. Show me a boko in arabic. I dont wanna write shocked as you did just above.

[Quote]ummi=mother in arabic and mother in Hausa. . . . .I can tell you that Arabic is more[/Quote]Umm or its variance in Arabic.

[Quote]localized in Hausa than any Nigerian language. Take it or leave! I can go on and on to tell you this because i understand basic arabic myself.[/Quote]Libasun is used for spouses sleeping with each other. Guess what the Yoruba say. Rafah is raised up or elevated. Guess where Rafter comes from. Rafter is an english word for high up.

[Quote]Kaifa asubati?   in arabic while hause will say Barka da asubati?[/Quote]Kaifa is how. Barka is a word from Barack as in blessing. What is Asubati?  You mean dawn as in Salatul Subh?

[Quote]Magrib= evening in Arabic while hausa will say mangaruba or magrib. . .so pick another cos i know this better than you.[/Quote]No wonder a man said to me "Ya asimi or azimi?" I said to him what is he saying. he said I am saying how is your fast. I said what language is that he said hausa and it is almost arabic. I said to him Ya in arabic means "oh". Asimi is closer Silm which a variant of Salaam, or Islam. But how is your fasting or fast in arabic has to be Kaifa saum, but could not be Ya asimi.

You will not be able to read Quran, if you specialize in Hausa. How is your day any how?

Surah Naml Chapter 27 verse 59; Say, [O Muhammad], "Praise be to Allah , and peace upon His servants whom He has chosen. Is Allah better or what they associate with Him?"
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Sweetnecta: 11:19am On Aug 16, 2011
@Mazaje; « #83 on: Today at 10:13:38 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 09:52:11 AM
@Mazaje; « #77 on: Today at 02:57:43 AM »Let me work my way up you. I am not your friend, because friend to call friend "Donkey". I only spoke about Obasanjo because at least he is true to his father's origin, unlike Babangida, an Ogbomosho Gbadamoshi who is suddenly a hausa from Minna. Further I used Obasanjo being a known Yoruba to you since you do not come "down south", If I tell you that I heard the same story from my grandmother, a princess whose blood is authentically Yoruba [ra]. I also heard if from a christian friend, who is deep in yoruba history. He heard it from his Ekitiparapo leader father.

You are not a Hausa man are you? [/b]Rhino.5dm who is a Hausa man has already given you a good explanation, Non Muslims living in the north all use wallahi as a word which means "am serious" ask any body that speaks the Hausa language and he will tell you that. . .Wallahi in the context of the Hausa language is very different from wallali in the Arabic language, do you get it? Languages evolve most times seems you are too dull to comprehend that fact. . . .[b]As for the Yoruba's descending from the Arabs, which notable historian told you that? Is Obansanjo a historian, which university did he get his History degree from? Stop your baseless bed time stories that belong to illiterates. . .If the Yoruba's descended from the Arabs, there will be DNA evidence to confirm it, no? Where is your DNA evidence to show that the Yoruba's descended for the Arabs. . . .[/Quote]I see your problem. Bad and very incomplete education which hampers your ability to reason out issues. Who do you tell the historians "History" but those who are eyewitnesses or were told by the eyewitnesses, or such a person who hears it from the who has been told. Yoruba know their own history, fake or real than any "Historian" who needs to hear it from them and he pens it and give it to you as history book.

Let me use the hausa tribe to illustrate the matter since you are familiar with that tribe and you are not with my tribe. Before the first "History Textbook" about the Hausa tribe, the hausa elders must have in authentic african tradition sit their young and tell them story about the hausas; their origins, their journeys, their successes, their not to much successes, all the way until the Textbook writer came and hear it from those willing to tell him.

Thats what Historians are; writers of what oral tribal person heard from previous generation said.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2011
thehomer:

I hope you've used your phone to get in contact with your vet for your refund because it seems your memory is failing you. Where did I talk about attachment from below?

LIAR!

See ya statement hia -

thehomer:

This is the problem with people who are mentally deranged they find it difficult to understand basic concepts presented in English. [size=26pt]When something is suspended, does it not imply that there is a force acting on it from below? [/size] How hard is it for you to understand that with gravity, there is no place that you refer to as below?

That's where u said suspension is by virtue of a force acting from below an object. . . . . .

Then u contradicted that with dis definition -

to hang by attachment to[size=16pt] something above:[/size] to suspend a chandelier from the ceiling.

??

. . . . eeediotically failing to realize that the word suspension can be applied to the state of a body that is held within a space wiythout solid physical support. . . .even the last usage u cited captures that, it says -

to keep from falling, sinking, forming a deposit, etc., as if by hanging: to suspend solid particles in a liquid.

. . . .within which definition there is NO DOUBT THAT THE EARTH IS INDEED SUSPENDED ALONG ITS PATH BY THE GRAVITATIONAL PULL  OF THE SUN!

Bros, you be illiterate, no lie, na from kirikiri yoiu dey type. . . .

Your contradictions do NOT end there. . . .

You first said the passage cited has nothing to do with gravity. . . . then when called out you accepted that the earth is indeed held in the gravitational pull of the sun!

What crass illiterate duplicity!

And u tink sey u fit use grammar confuse us? ? ? ? ? ?

All dis day-time stoopidity jus to discredit a VERY CLEAR bible passage . . . .

Your daftness stinks to high heavens for all to see and YOU HAVE MADE NO POINT AT ALL IN THIS THREAD SAVE TO BEFUDDLE URSEF IN A COBWEB OF LAUGHABLE CONTRADICTIONS!

i have no iota of respect for your empty numbskull, and i will not bother with u again, as i have shown that u have said nothing here except mumble gibberish with your toe in your mouth like the truly epileptic grandson of a quadarpiltic grandma that you are
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 11:29am On Aug 16, 2011
mazaje:

Mazaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . . Wallahi ya gama haukachewa. . . . . grin grin grin A rikice yake. . .

Bros, i norr understand all dis ya hausa, but abeg make una lef dat boko harma man wey dem dey call sweet bitter necta. . . make we return to topic na

1. u did NOT address the prophecies AT ALL

2. u DID NOT show us from wia the prophets dem dem been get all de tins dem been know about solar system etc? ?

Anyway sha, we go begin dey carry go now with anoda evidence sey bible na solid kajarred book -

Archaelogy!

Oya. . . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by mazaje(m): 11:57am On Aug 16, 2011
Gray Beard:

Bros, i norr understand all dis ya hausa, but abeg make una lef dat boko harma man wey dem dey call sweet bitter necta. . . make we return to topic na

Yes baba, make we return to topic forget that sweetnectar wey don mad finish. . . . .

1. u did NOT address the prophecies AT ALL

I addressed some of them. . . .I said some of them were written after the events had occurred and some of them do not mean much to me since the events happened in the past and I can't verify them personally. . .That is my position on that. . .

2. u DID NOT show us from wia the prophets dem dem been get all de tins dem been know about solar system etc? ?

Which solar system? Where does the bible mention that the earth is in orbit with other planets, asteroids and dwarf planets around the sun?. . .Where in in the bible does it say that the sun's magnetic field is what keeps the sun and all the other planets in orbit around it? Remember according to the creation story of the bible, the earth was in existence with plants and water in it before the sun and stars were created, if that is true what was holding the earth before the sun was created?. . . .

Anyway sha, we go begin dey carry go now with anoda evidence sey bible na solid kajarred book -

Archaelogy!

Oya. . . .

Fire on baba am ever ready to read your post and drop mine. . .
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by Rhino5dm: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ sweetnecta
I can both speak Yoruba and Hausa so please stop all that. The explanation i gave you was the best offer in one of the most civil way. You cant be argueing blindly. those things i said is absolute facts and truth. Do you know that majority of orthodox churches in the north use the word "uban giji" or "Allah" when referring to God in churchs? Or "Yesu Almacihu" when referring to Jesus Christ?

Ma je kin ba ye ja o, to ri mii ofe uwa e o.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2011
Many stories conveyed in the bible have been confirmed by archaelogical findings.

We start with a few -

The discovery of the Ebla archive in northern Syria in the 1970s has shown the Biblical writings concerning the Patriarchs to be viable. Documents written on clay tablets from around 2300 B.C. demonstrate that personal and place names in the Patriarchal accounts are genuine. The name “Canaan” was in use in Ebla, a name critics once said was not used at that time and was used incorrectly in the early chapters of the Bible. The word tehom (“the deep”) in Genesis 1:2 was said to be a late word demonstrating the late writing of the creation story. “Tehom” was part of the vocabulary at Ebla, in use some 800 years before Moses. Ancient customs reflected in the stories of the Patriarchs have also been found in clay tablets from Nuzi and Mari.

The Hittites were once thought to be a Biblical legend, until their capital and records were discovered at Bogazkoy, Turkey.

Many thought the Biblical references to Solomon's wealth were greatly exaggerated. Recovered records from the past show that wealth in antiquity was concentrated with the king and Solomon's prosperity was entirely feasible.
It was once claimed there was no Assyrian king named Sargon as recorded in Isaiah 20:1, because this name was not known in any other record. Then, Sargon's palace was discovered in Khorsabad, Iraq. The very event mentioned in Isaiah 20, his capture of Ashdod, was recorded on the palace walls. What is more, fragments of a stela memorializing the victory were found at Ashdod itself.

Another king who was in doubt was Belshazzar, king of Babylon, named in Daniel 5. The last king of Babylon was Nabonidus according to recorded history. Tablets were found showing that Belshazzar was Nabonidus' son who served as coregent in Babylon. Thus, Belshazzar could offer to make Daniel “third highest ruler in the kingdom” (Dan. 5:16) for reading the handwriting on the wall, the highest available position. Here we see the “eye-witness” nature of the Biblical record, as is so often brought out by the discoveries of archaeology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by GrayBeard: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2011
 Campaign into Israel by Pharaoh Shishak (1 Kings 14:25-26), recorded on the walls of the Temple of Amun in Thebes, Egypt.

 Revolt of Moab against Israel (2 Kings 1:1; 3:4-27), recorded on the Mesha Inscription.

 Fall of Samaria (2 Kings 17:3-6, 24; 18:9-11) to Sargon II, king of Assyria, as recorded on his palace walls.

 Defeat of Ashdod by Sargon II (Isaiah 20:1), as recorded on his palace wall.

 Campaign of the Assyrian king Sennacherib against Judah (2 Kings 18:13-16), as recorded on the Taylor Prism.

 Siege of Lachish by Sennacherib (2 Kings 18:14, 17), as recorded on the Lachish reliefs.

 Assassination of Sennacherib by his own sons (2 Kings 19:37), as recorded in the annals of his son Esarhaddon.

 Fall of Nineveh as predicted by the prophets Nahum and Zephaniah (2:13-15), recorded on the Tablet of Nabopolasar.

 Fall of Jerusalem to Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon (2 Kings 24:10-14), as recorded in the Babylonian Chronicles.

 Captivity of Jehoiachin, king of Judah, in Babylon (2 Kings 24:15-16), as recorded on the Babylonian Ration Records.

 Fall of Babylon to the Medes and Persians (Daniel 5:30-31), as recorded on the Cyrus Cylinder.

 Freeing of captives in Babylon by Cyrus the Great (Ezra 1:1-4; 6:3-4), as recorded on the Cyrus Cylinder.

 The existence of Jesus Christ as recorded by Josephus, Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, the Talmud, and Lucian.

 Forcing Jews to leave Rome during the reign of Claudius (A.D. 41-54) (Acts 18:2), as recorded by Suetonius.
Re: A Question For Gray Beard by vedaxcool(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

@ sweetnecta
I can both speak Yoruba and Hausa so please stop all that. The explanation i gave you was the best offer in one of the most civil way. You cant be argueing blindly. those things i said is absolute facts and truth. Do you know that majority of orthodox churches in the north use the word "uban giji" or "Allah" when referring to God in churchs? Or "Yesu Almacihu" when referring to Jesus Christ?

Ma je kin ba ye ja o, to ri mii ofe uwa e o.

Your argument seems strange and mysterious. the bolded seem strange as are you saying there are no Christian that are Hausas, do you know hausa is a lingua franca in the north? that is why you will find Christians using Allah? do you know that arab Christians use Allah for god? it seem you have some logic mixed up as Yesu means Jesus and the Islamic equivalent for Jesus is Isa, Almcihu means messiah, the Islamic equivalent is Al masih, I do not really understand what you were trying to prove, but you simply jumbled up issues,as the word Wallahi is clearly swearing by Allah, and i spoke to a Hausa moments ago and the Hausa lady said it does not connote seriousness but actually swearing by God or Allah. You know I have heard of atheist who said " thank God that car would have hit me" will this also mean that he is saying seriously that car would have hit me? It seems the atheist can not even do with out God, No?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The State Of The Dead? / Men Dressed In Black SATANIC Robes Figures At Chelsea Stadium [photo] / If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.