Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) (43425 Views)

Rate This Homemade Concoction Rice. / Sapa Concoction Rice / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2022
Francis95:

Here we go. Omor I've learnt alot from you Gloryhomemaker

What a woman can do, a man can do also. I'm loving your cooking, man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by seunak2016: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2022
ideaz:

We will see if you have to refund my money or not.
lol
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

I swear, I felt it. cheesy

So true.

As in! grin grin
I can almost hear him shouting the ooooooooooooooo! grin

Nne, you owe a lot of people food o.

I owe a lot of people food true true cheesy

It's a faceless forum nah
If Seun organise get together, we will cook and bring for tasting cool

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Francis95(m): 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
ideaz:

What a woman can do, a man can do also. I'm loving your cooking, man.
Exactly, thanks man grin

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by seunayantokun(m): 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
Costly concoction!
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Iseoluwani: 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
For a whole mosdii to enter kitchen by himself proves that Nigerian women are useless. All of them!

Your mum inclusive
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Akerele44(m): 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ingredients:

Rice
Palm oil
2 tomatoes (optional)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Bell Peppers (Tatashe)
Iru (Locust bean)
Crayfish
Onions
Kpomo
Dry fish
Scent leaves
Seasoning
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROhc3av3lE

STEPS:

First, parboil the rice. Once it boils, wash out quickly with cold water.
In a dry pot on heat, add in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions, fry for a minute.
Add in Iru, fry for another minute.
Add in the blended tatashe, tomatoes and peppers, fry for 5 minutes till its dry.
Add in crayfish, seasoning and salt.
Add in the washed kpomo and dry fish, cook for 5 minutes.
Add in a little water.
Add the parboiled rice and top the water to be the same level with the rice.
Cover and cook till the water is almost dry.
Add in scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal.

Mama your husband is lucky to have you oo

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by SirJerrie(m): 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
This your Oil rice Cost pass Stew rice o.
See as e dey shine

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by temidee2: 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
Including your mama!
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by SPAMBOX7: 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
Werey cook better rice dey call am concoctions ok na
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
Op abi you too dey loot nii? Where una day take see money cook all this food?
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Onucs(m): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
Remove that concoction from the title ahbeg. U dey whyne me? grin

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Ademoore07(m): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

Actually, what I don't like about iru is the pungent smell.
Or is there another type without the smell?
U are complaining of Iru's smell. What if it was eragiri (fermented melon)? U go faint be that.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by baralatie(m): 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2022
This one don pass concoction rice o
grin
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by GeneralPula: 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
This one no be concoction..

Concoction no dey go this far
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Oturatetuala(m): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is not concoction abeg, this one looks like Gambia jellof rice.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by KristaPretty(f): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
For a whole mosdii to enter kitchen by himself proves that Nigerian women are useless. All of them!

I'm sure your mom and sisters are men. Sometimes people spew out trash that you begin to wonder who raised them.

Gutter mouth!!!
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by HolyMan12: 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Nigerian girls are useless, All of them angry

2 Likes

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by baralatie(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is tomato rice
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by NoToPile: 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ademoore07:
U are complaining of Iru's smell. What if it was eragiri (fermented melon)? U go faint be that.

Read its common among ilaje peeps,and that it's a local seasoning like iru, can you explain a bit seems you know about it.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by obuneme: 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
This one na big man concoction rice o grin

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by RPG2020(m): 9:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
Stop playing ma nigga this anit no concoction rice
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Slynation(m): 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2022
Francis95:

Here we go. Omor I've learnt alot from you Gloryhomemaker
Your own colour no fine for eye... grin And seems like you didn't allow the water to dry very well before turning it...
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Lightorder: 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2022
Rice wey pass birthday rice , you dey call concoction rice. May this rice fall on me joor

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Ubekus: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Mtn rice
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by ufuosman(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
KillSars:
grin grin

Momma diz one don pas concoction o...
dis can never be concoction grin
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Ofemmanu1: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Redoil:
advice for you

take a portion of the food to any three or four junction at middle of the night precisely 3 am in the morning you will see a lot ofspirit dancing, eating and whining happily
dont forget to leave a cup of gin

See and cornered spirits with food?

Are you mad ni sir?
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by jojothaiv(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is no concoction rice, my red oiled rice is what they call concoction, a meal that is devoid of life essentials, just rice, grinded pepper, seasoning, salt, palm oil, vibes and inshallah.

With wetin I dey see so e soft for your side, ma.

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by ufuosman(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
Come explain to me why you go call dis rice u prepared concoction grin

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Neoteny7: 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ingredients:

Rice
Palm oil
2 tomatoes (optional)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Bell Peppers (Tatashe)
Iru (Locust bean)
Crayfish
Onions
Kpomo
Dry fish
Scent leaves
Seasoning
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROhc3av3lE

STEPS:

First, parboil the rice. Once it boils, wash out quickly with cold water.
In a dry pot on heat, add in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions, fry for a minute.
Add in Iru, fry for another minute.
Add in the blended tatashe, tomatoes and peppers, fry for 5 minutes till its dry.
Add in crayfish, seasoning and salt.
Add in the washed kpomo and dry fish, cook for 5 minutes.
Add in a little water.
Add the parboiled rice and top the water to be the same level with the rice.
Cover and cook till the water is almost dry.
Add in scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal.

You've no idea what concoction rice is, not with fancy ingredients like crayfish, kpomo, dry fish, etc.

Real concoction rice is just rice, pepper, tomatoes and seasoning all cooked at once.

2 Likes

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
Gloryhomemaker e be like Na your YouTube channel I go dey sleep on now. You don hack this food thing

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by mechanics(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
Kpomo should not be in the list since it does not add anything to the system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hilda Baci Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Cooking Marathon / See My Homemade Okro Soup With Tilapia Fish / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.