Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) (43483 Views)

Rate This Homemade Concoction Rice. / Sapa Concoction Rice / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2022
anyilalaz:
Good but my wife don arrange this one for me..

Enjoy jare, both of the rice variety na brother and sister cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Francis95(m): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2022
Streetmovement:

Wotoporiously cool speaking

This thing resemble wetin dey for that video? E even come put egg join am, e no even put oil well and the water never dry well, i no dey chop again sef grin
Lol oya cook your own snap grin

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:49am On Oct 01, 2022
Francis95:

We will be waiting for the pictures grin

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by TheFinesseKid: 11:49am On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Thank you so much. God bless you richly.
you're welcome. I'm a bachelor.. I need to watch these to learn. Abeg make more videos on how to cook delicious meals without Maggi for health reasons. Biko

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by baralatie(m): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
At this rate, even poo will be claimed as having some sort of libido-increasing effect. Abeg, make una stop to dey throw around this nonsense where it regards foods. undecided
grin
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:59am On Oct 01, 2022
TheFinesseKid:
you're welcome. I'm a bachelor.. I need to watch these to learn. Abeg make more videos on how to cook delicious meals without Maggi for health reasons. Biko

Ohk. I usually don't use much seasoning in my food but because am making the videos for a variety of people with different taste bud I might not entirely strike out seasoning.

But if you don't want seasoning, add lots of crayfish, Iru, Okpei, fresh curry or thyme leaves, dawadawa, onions, meat or fish broth, etc. to your meals depending on what you are cooking. Those are natural seasoning and with salt your meals will still come out nice.

2 Likes

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Streetmovement(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2022
Francis95:

Wotoporiously cool speaking

I no dey cook on Saturdays grin
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by irapada001(m): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2022
KillSars:
grin grin

Momma diz one don pas concoction o...
I dey tell you
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by kilimanjaro(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ingredients:

Rice
Palm oil
2 tomatoes (optional)
Paprika peppers (Shombo)
Bell Peppers (Tatashe)
Iru (Locust bean)
Crayfish
Onions
Kpomo
Dry fish
Scent leaves
Seasoning
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ROhc3av3lE

STEPS:

First, parboil the rice. Once it boils, wash out quickly with cold water.
In a dry pot on heat, add in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions, fry for a minute.
Add in Iru, fry for another minute.
Add in the blended tatashe, tomatoes and peppers, fry for 5 minutes till its dry.
Add in crayfish, seasoning and salt.
Add in the washed kpomo and dry fish, cook for 5 minutes.
Add in a little water.
Add the parboiled rice and top the water to be the same level with the rice.
Cover and cook till the water is almost dry.
Add in scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal.

Serve me abeg cheesy.

What if one fry ororo (groundnut oil)?
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by TheFinesseKid: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ohk. I usually don't use much seasoning in my food but because am making the videos for a variety of people with different taste bud I might not entirely strike out seasoning.

But if you don't want seasoning, add lots of crayfish, Iru, Okpei, fresh curry or thyme leaves, dawadawa, onions, meat or fish broth, etc. to your meals depending on what you are cooking. Those are natural seasoning and with salt your meals will still come out nice.
oh that's okay. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by baby124: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
This is not concoction rice. This is native rice.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2022
kilimanjaro:

Serve me abeg cheesy.

What if one fry ororo (groundnut oil)?

With Ororo na correct Jollof rice be that not palm oil rice.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Daxray07(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2022
Lol. This one na intercontinental rice nah!! Real concoction rice is the rice, grounded pepper, the last remaining redoil melted out of the container with fire, onion, salt and stolen maggi. pour everything inside pot and cook till the rice soft.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Str8talk21: 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2022
Ha! shocked you call dis dish concoction..hmmmm....dis one na big man food now ooohhh.
I went to community this Thursday, when I fine buying what I wanted to buy, I started looking at the polythene bag I was carrying and at the same time checking what was left in my pocket....before someone tapped me and said, " oga, ur money no lost, things don cost" grin

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2022
Daxray07:
Lol. This one na intercontinental rice nah!! Real concoction rice is the rice, grounded pepper, the last remaining redoil melted out of the container with fire, onion, salt and stolen maggi. pour everything inside pot and cook till the rice soft.

If I cook that one will you eat? There's difference between concoction rice and SAPA rice oooo cheesy
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2022
Str8talk21:
Ha! shocked you call dis dish concoction..hmmmm....dis one na big man food now ooohhh.
I went to community this Thursday, when I fine buying what I wanted to buy, I started looking at the polythene bag I was carrying and at the same time checking what was left in my pocket....before someone tapped me and said, " oga, ur money no lost, things don cost" grin

You no loose money, it's the cost of things in the market. We hope for a better Nigeria.
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by longifilis(m): 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Don't feel bad, that you can't afford it now doesn't mean you won't be able to afford it tomorrow.

It's just a matter of time.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by Redoil: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Daxray07:
you this eba why you dey mention my name
Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by kilimanjaro(m): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

With Ororo na correct Jollof rice be that not palm oil rice.
Ok thanks cheesy

Your husband is a lucky man o grin

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:05am On Oct 04, 2022
kilimanjaro:

Ok thanks cheesy

Your husband is a lucky man o grin

It's both ways grin
Am a blessed woman too because of him.

2 Likes

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by hardon1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2022
This one is not concoction rice. If the ingredients aside the rice pass three or four, then it's no longer concoction

1 Like

Re: My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ishilove:

How far? You don chop am?

No be me una go use for experiment. I want proof first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / See My Homemade Okro Soup With Tilapia Fish / What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.