Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits (6123 Views)

We Will Dialogue With IPOB, Others, Tinubu Assures / I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi / Daddy Showkey: Men Who Invaded The NDA Are Not Bandits But Mercenaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Roger3D(m): 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
JOemmy:

Any reasonable person knows that what bokoharam and fulani bandits are fighting for are unrealistic and unreasonable so why should you expect obi to dialogue with them when he eventually becomes president? If they are really fighting for a good cause buhari their brother should have since settled them. Ipob is never a terrorist organization it was buhari that actually turned them to what they are today due to the deep extreme hatred he has harbored in him from birth if ipob are really a terrorist organization civilized countries abroad where they are mostly based would have since labeled them as such and gone after them and their sponsors. Nigeria is a third world country and don't know more than the advanced countries that have refused to label ipob as a terrorist organization.
We don't want Nigeria's president to dialogue with any terrorist group be they boko haram, ISWAP, bandits or IPOB. All are terrorist organizations that need to be crushed
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Nigerianization(m): 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:
Useless Ethnic Bigot! Thank gods, you will never be the President of Nigeria.

I watched the interview. He never said that. He said that those who are agitators will be brought to the table for dialogue but the criminals will be dealt with. He never mentioned IPOB. However, he said that he will not negotiate with bandits.

Lie Mohammed already termed them as criminals and no serious government negotiates with criminals
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by freshvine(f): 4:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
asanausana91:
the mumu now want to please them. Tell me the reason why those that are supporting ipob become the same people that are supporting Obi? Obi has never condem the activities of those terrorists why?

The ibos are over 40 million people and I don't believe IPOB members are close to 2 million.
Why associate a race with membership of a sect?
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Bonavi: 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:

What did he mention? You guys are so irritating and delusional.
are you sure u are not depressed because its better u seek help while its time
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by stillcreative: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
Why for godsakes are you twisting the narrative?
CilicMarin:
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), says he will dialogue with agitators if he becomes president.

Speaking on Wednesday when he was interviewed on Arise TV’s ‘Prime Time’, Obi said there is a need to restructure the country but added that constitutional restructuring will take time.

“We need to restructure the country, it is for the good of the country. It will be constitutional restructuring but that will take time. There’s one you need to deal with. You don’t need to wait for that kind of restructure before pulling people out of poverty,” he said.

“To deal with issues of security, you don’t need to wait for constitutional restructuring. Those ones will happen and it for the interests of the whole nation.”

Advertisement

Obi said he would not dictate to people as president, but will, instead, encourage dialogue and help society.

“For those who are agitating, and disagreeing, you first start by dialogue. No matter who they are, I will discuss with everybody so that you will know when to throw a line and say we’ve tried this and it’s not working,” he said.

When asked if he would dialogue with bandits, he said “they are not among people I will discuss with”.

Bandits are bandits, criminals are criminals. I’m going to deal with it decisively,” he said.

“Those who want to be discussed with will be discussed with. Those who are agitating, those who feel unhappy, my job is to bring them to the table.”

Political parties officially kicked off their campaigns on Wednesday, September 28, ahead of the 2023 general election.

Members of the LP kickstarted their campaign activities with a mega rally in Jos, the Plateau state capital.

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-as-president-id-dialogue-with-agitators-but-not-bandits/amp

Mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by kozmokaz(m): 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
asanausana91:
what do you want the government to do?

The government should stop fueling this crisis by paying state agents to carry out attacks in disguise and also stop the raid of communities knowing fully well there would be reprisal attacks !!

There is something called the carrot and stick method !
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Owologbo(m): 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
baretalk:
I know this man has a sinister agenda, are ipob not terrorists, they are because they carry out terrorists acts.

Don't allow hatred to blind your sense of reasoning.
Self determination is a right; while banditry is criminality.
Can you put those agitating for oduduwa nation in same sentence as bandits?
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by asanausana91: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
kozmokaz:

The government should stop fueling this crisis by paying state agents to carry out attacks in disguise and also stop the raid of communities knowing fully well there would be reprisal attacks !!

There is something called the carrot and stick method !
do you any evidence that the government is paying people to kill?
But Obi believe that only ipob deserve the carrots while bandits deserve the stick.
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Owologbo(m): 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
successmatters:

Show us where he mentioned IPOB or walk away in shame.

Peter Obi is your next president so you should start now to get used to respecting him.

Why are you wasting your saliva on those people who have sold their souls for crumbs?
They don't know that when they support someone with good economic understanding like Peter Obi, even the little cash they will be valuable.
The rubbish they brought from retirement to come and rule Nigeria has turned everything upside down (such that even if you have a million today, it's no value) and they are still bent on supporting another calamitous old man.
May God not allow calamity to befall us the second time.
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by baretalk: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2022
Owologbo:

Don't allow hatred to blind your sense of reasoning.
Self determination is a right; while banditry is criminality.
Can you put those agitating for oduduwa nation in same sentence as bandits?
You are a blind bigot, no one cares about their self determination, ipob carried out terrorists acts, doesn't matter under what guise. If Obi enter powers, militants will rise up, everyone will seek for their own country, Nigeria will break up. Is that what we want?
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by bdon123(m): 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
asanausana91:
what is ipob agitating for?
To leave the union.
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by bdon123(m): 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
asanausana91:
do you know how boko Haram started? Obi is an IPOB.
Yes i do,Same way.Killed Yusuf and statrted killing members.All Naija govt needed to do then was arrest Yusuf and negotiate/Understand wat he wants instead they killed him n that gave birth to terrorist Shekau.

Mind u d union is not a must,wat is wrong in govt setting up a referendum for dem to decide their fate like is done in most places
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by kozmokaz(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
asanausana91:
But Obi believe that only ipob deserve the carrots while bandits deserve the stick.

The endsars method still comes to kind

Exactly same method they deployed

And NO

every agitation deserves the carrot stick

Yaradua did it in the south south
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by owobokiri(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
asanausana91:
don't worry we will speak to you in the language you will understand.
All these noise from Benin republic IDP camps?
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Owologbo(m): 4:30am On Sep 30, 2022
baretalk:

You are a blind bigot, no one cares about their self determination, ipob carried out terrorists acts, doesn't matter under what guise. If Obi enter powers, militants will rise up, everyone will seek for their own country, Nigeria will break up. Is that what we want?

I think you have another meaning for bigot.
After Yaradua negotiation with the militants, we all know the results.
when you are full of hatred and the hatred being fan with stipend, you become irredeemable, you no longer reason/speak for yourself; The stipend will take your place of reasoning and motivate you in your hatred.
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Donclaracuzo: 4:39am On Sep 30, 2022
You called it retaliation? So, the north did something against ndi Igbo and you were happy with that. Well, ndi Igbo meant well for you and not the other way around.

oyin44:
For obi's own eye, Ipob/esn are not terrorists

But Boko Haram fanatics are terrorists bah?

So, Obidient wants to dialogue with ipob terrorists cos he is from South East....... grin cheesy grin

Truly ,

Obi is coming for a retaliatory action against the north

Many northerners will be killed if he is elected

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Christistruth00: 4:56am On Sep 30, 2022
asanausana91:
the mumu now want to please them. Tell me the reason why those that are supporting ipob become the same people that are supporting Obi? Obi has never condem the activities of those terrorists why?

successmatters:
Peter Obi never mentioned IPOB anywhere.

This desperate attempts to put words into Peter Obi mouth is dead on arrival.

We cannot be deceived.

We will vote for Peter Obi, and we are many.

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Christistruth00: 4:58am On Sep 30, 2022
asanausana91:
what is ipob agitating for?

bdon123:

To leave the union.

So Is Boko Haram
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by ObosiUkwalla: 5:00am On Sep 30, 2022
CilicMarin:

Urchins working overtime. Keep lying, Nigerians are super smart now
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by kizyalex10(m): 5:13am On Sep 30, 2022
CilicMarin:
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), says he will dialogue with agitators if he becomes president.

Speaking on Wednesday when he was interviewed on Arise TV’s ‘Prime Time’, Obi said there is a need to restructure the country but added that constitutional restructuring will take time.

“We need to restructure the country, it is for the good of the country. It will be constitutional restructuring but that will take time. There’s one you need to deal with. You don’t need to wait for that kind of restructure before pulling people out of poverty,” he said.

“To deal with issues of security, you don’t need to wait for constitutional restructuring. Those ones will happen and it for the interests of the whole nation.”

Advertisement

Obi said he would not dictate to people as president, but will, instead, encourage dialogue and help society.

“For those who are agitating, and disagreeing, you first start by dialogue. No matter who they are, I will discuss with everybody so that you will know when to throw a line and say we’ve tried this and it’s not working,” he said.

When asked if he would dialogue with bandits, he said “they are not among people I will discuss with”.

Bandits are bandits, criminals are criminals. I’m going to deal with it decisively,” he said.

“Those who want to be discussed with will be discussed with. Those who are agitating, those who feel unhappy, my job is to bring them to the table.”

Political parties officially kicked off their campaigns on Wednesday, September 28, ahead of the 2023 general election.

Members of the LP kickstarted their campaign activities with a mega rally in Jos, the Plateau state capital.

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-as-president-id-dialogue-with-agitators-but-not-bandits/amp

Mynd44 lalasticlala
your level of bigotry is so pathetic that u might even die of hatred for an innocent man,first of all I listened to that interview and no where was ipob mentioned,there re many sessesionist in naija.even the arewA to an extent.tribalism have blinded your eyes to the point that u choose a decayed Nigeria just because ur brother is the president.insecurity mounting ,lack of jobs and every kind of bad thing,yet u want to hand over power to someone who is barely surviving,everything about him is dubious.yoruba have been president for 8years and now 8 years as vice and still ur conscience is still bitter towards an igbo man who is legit and genuine and by far the best candidate giving his shot at presidency,all of u workers of inequity,I hope this fire you are adding fuel to burn in Nigeria will start from your families.amen
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by kizyalex10(m): 5:18am On Sep 30, 2022
CilicMarin:
pathetic fo0l ,you and ur family will experience exactly what u wish Nigeria

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by BrokenTV: 5:28am On Sep 30, 2022
CilicMarin:

lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun... Are these topics not going to the front page?
Before you start saying trash go and find out the meaning of bandit illiterate, and stop twisting what Obi said, the last time I check Niger Delta agitator and Oduduwa are in the same line, that una tribal lines cannot work again. Was it not the same Peter Obi you guys accused of Ezu River. Stop being a hypocrite and face reality this boy.
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by BrokenTV: 5:32am On Sep 30, 2022
asanausana91:
Where did he mentioned IPOB
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by baretalk: 5:50am On Sep 30, 2022
Owologbo:

I think you have another meaning for bigot.
After Yaradua negotiation with the militants, we all know the results.
when you are full of hatred and the hatred being fan with stipend, you become irredeemable, you no longer reason/speak for yourself; The stipend will take your place of reasoning and motivate you in your hatred.
Your bigotry will kill you, militants were not terrorist, they didn't release prisoners to wreak havoc on thier community, they didn't kill and eat humans in front of cameras like ipob did, they didn't carry out terrorists acts and we're not proscribed as terrorist. Vote in obi and be ready for break up and wars, obi will turn Nigeria to Congo.
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by baretalk: 5:58am On Sep 30, 2022
BrokenTV:

Before you start saying trash go and find out the meaning of bandit illiterate, and stop twisting what Obi said, the last time I check Niger Delta agitator and Oduduwa are in the same line, that una tribal lines cannot work again. Was it not the same Peter Obi you guys accused of Ezu River. Stop being a hypocrite and face reality this boy.
Militants don't kill old women and weak people like your terrorist ipob did, ipob are weak desperate terrorists like bokoharam targeting soft targets. Ipob eats humans on camera. The world knows ipob is a terrorist group. If obi enters this country is destroyed.
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by saintkel(m): 5:59am On Sep 30, 2022
Felimax:

Rhetorics!

That does not makes your SouthEast a safe region. As it stands despite the insecurity in the North people still travel on a daily base regardless.
Why will your Mr Know it all and saint Obi negotiate with IPOB but not with Bandits? Is there something he is not telling us?

We can see through the smoke screen. We can!
can we be civil for once?....are there no agitators in every nook of d country or u just think agitators r only ipob?......is dis not share hypocrisy?......Sunday d Yoruba guy is he not agitating for d Yoruba nations?....y do u hate Igbos dis much?.....just y r u guys like dis?
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Ratalo(m): 6:31am On Sep 30, 2022
CilicMarin:
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by CheapHomes1: 6:34am On Sep 30, 2022
baretalk:
I know this man has a sinister agenda, are ipob not terrorists, they are because they carry out terrorists acts.

Did he mention anybody?
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Brunosamel(m): 6:34am On Sep 30, 2022
CilicMarin:
Come and stop him if you can your eyes go clear very soon
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Brunosamel(m): 6:35am On Sep 30, 2022
baretalk:
You are a terrorist
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by baretalk: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Did he mention anybody?
The interviewer was referring to Ipob agitators, ipob are terrorists like bokoharam they use same tactics, if you want war and chaos, vote Obi.
https://www.nairaland.com/7357913/obituary-poster-slain-army-major
Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by CheapHomes1: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2022
oyin44:
For obi's own eye, Ipob/esn are not terrorists

But Boko Haram fanatics are terrorists bah?

So, Obidient wants to dialogue with ipob terrorists cos he is from South East....... grin cheesy grin

Truly ,

Obi is coming for a retaliatory action against the north

Many northerners will be killed if he is elected

Why are you getting all worked up? Where did he mention ipob? What is Boko Haram and bandits agitating for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Rivers Governor Introduces Fuel Subsidy, Cuts Price From N141 To N137 / Diezanni Is Facing The House Of Reps On Ait Now. / Okonjo-Iweala Wants NNPC To Explain Unremitted NLNG’s $4.84b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.