Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi (32000 Views)

I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi / Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits / Gumi: The Bandits I Negotiated With Have Stopped Kidnapping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Authority1o1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
~Resolution in sight for Oduduwa, Arewa and Biafra agitators.~

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), says he will dialogue with agitators if he becomes president.

Speaking on Wednesday when he was interviewed on Arise TV’s ‘Prime Time’, Obi said there is a need to restructure the country but added that constitutional restructuring will take time.

“We need to restructure the country, it is for the good of the country. It will be constitutional restructuring but that will take time. There’s one you need to deal with. You don’t need to wait for that kind of restructure before pulling people out of poverty,” he said.

“To deal with issues of security, you don’t need to wait for constitutional restructuring. Those ones will happen and it for the interests of the whole nation.”

Advertisement

Obi said he would not dictate to people as president, but will, instead, encourage dialogue and help society.

“For those who are agitating, and disagreeing, you first start by dialogue. No matter who they are, I will discuss with everybody so that you will know when to throw a line and say we’ve tried this and it’s not working,” he said.

When asked if he would dialogue with bandits, he said “they are not among people I will discuss with”.

Bandits are bandits, criminals are criminals. I’m going to deal with it decisively,” he said.

“Those who want to be discussed with will be discussed with. Those who are agitating, those who feel unhappy, my job is to bring them to the table.”

Political parties officially kicked off their campaigns on Wednesday, September 28, ahead of the 2023 general election.

Members of the LP kickstarted their campaign activities with a mega rally in Jos, the Plateau state capital

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-as-president-id-dialogue-with-agitators-but-not-bandits/amp

243 Likes 22 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by heniford2: 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2022
Peter obi is soooooo sound and updated!!! Chia!

663 Likes 50 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by tuborme: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
That’s my man. I love the sound of that word “ decisively “. Evans the kidnapper told the whole world then that he ran away from Anambra state because of Peter Obi’s fire against crime. Guess where he found abode…. Tinubu’s Lagos! grin angry angry

443 Likes 33 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Apexmoh: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
By the grace of God, this man will never smell anything presidency. Just look at how biased he is - So you'll make dialogue with blood thirsty terrorists who are agitating for disintegration and fall of Nigeria because they're your brothers, but not Fulani herders who only took up arms -the same way your brothers did- to protect themselves against marginalisation, incessant attacks and cattle rustling.

88 Likes 32 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by WibusJaga: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2022

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
Peter Obi is de best 4 Nigeria nw,,
We should avoid tribalism, Religion and hatred,,, mak we get something right now or Never,,
I don talk my own

396 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by mcmurphy132(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
G
Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Adedapo57: 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
Apexmoh:
By the grace of God, this man will never smell anything presidency. Just look at how biased he is - So you'd make dialogue with terrorist who are agitating for the disintegration and fall of Nigeria because they're your brothers, but not Fulani herders who only took up arms to protect themselves against marginalisation, incessant attacks and cattle rustling.
miyetti allah media handler spotted. Pls no one needs dumb contributions here. every average nigerian has being marginalized one way or the other. Why don’t I also pick up arms since I’ve never benefited anything from this country.

588 Likes 38 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by pacesetting: 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
Correct!! I just like this man. He gives me hope of a better Nigeria whenever he talks.

202 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by pinkPUSSY(f): 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
Apexmoh:
By the grace of God, this man will never smell anything presidency. Just look at how biased he is - So you'd make dialogue with terrorist who are agitating for the disintegration and fall of Nigeria because they're your brothers, but not Fulani herders who only took up arms to protect themselves against marginalisation, incessant attacks and cattle rustling.

Just look at what is coming out from this mans mouth? undecided
Aggressor claiming to be defending himself.. So killing people in their own land is part of self defense after destroying their farms ?

Dear Nigerians, bear it in mind that even some terrorists are on nairaland with you...

(Political correctness aside), Igbos are not terrorist know this and know peace... Countries that control the world knw better..

The terrorist are those who will leave their lands and invade somebody's land to kill them...

The world has recognised herdsmen as terrorist but Nig Govt led by Buhari has refused to do so

Only hediot and fellow terroris liked/will like that ur comment

273 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by MasterJayJay: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
Apexmoh:

Keep quiet!!

https://punchng.com/train-attack-fg-met-terrorists-conditions-says-presidency/

46 Likes

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by SmellyNyash: 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yes our incoming President

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Advocate500: 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
That is the right thing for any sensible leader to do, dialogue with people who have genuine reason to disagree with your government.

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Coolbreeze1988(m): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
That is the way it should be. A vote for Obi is a vote for a better Nigeria

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by temitope27(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ipob sponsor, we know you b4

212 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by FreeBiafra2018(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
I would have liked to hear Atiku's answers on the same questions

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
Apexmoh:
By the grace of God, this man will never smell anything presidency. Just look at how biased he is - So you'll make dialogue with blood thirsty terrorist who are agitating for the disintegration and fall of Nigeria because they're your brothers, but not Fulani herders who only took up arms -the same way your brothers did- to protect themselves against marginalisation, incessant attacks and cattle rustling.

See the nonsense you're spewing

So you mean the Fulani herders who killed so many people in Igangan only took up arms to protect themselves against marginalization, incessant attacks and cattle rustling by the people of Igangan?

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Maazieze(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Apexmoh:
By the grace of God, this man will never smell anything presidency. Just look at how biased he is - So you'll make dialogue with blood thirsty terrorist who are agitating for the disintegration and fall of Nigeria because they're your brothers, but not Fulani herders who only took up arms -the same way your brothers did- to protect themselves against marginalisation, incessant attacks and cattle rustling.

you mentioned how his brothers took up arms as same as fulani herders, though only one of the two are terrorist....
i wonder why ohhhh

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by uncleck: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
A very smart comment. But I'll advise PO to refrain from talking about issues bothering on IPOB during this campaign. He should equally talk less; he talks too much

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by FreeStuffsNG: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
Speaking tongue in cheek wink

Bandits are agitators too if one goes by their reasons for taking to crime as they stated in the BBC documentary. He should just insist on the rule of law.

Only Asiwaju Tinubu has the experience , patriotism and track record of successfully dealing with political activism right from his NADECO days.

The ipob terrorist group backing the campaign of HE Obi are not agitators but unpatriotic elements.
Agitators , unlike ipob terrorist group members, won't murder innocent Patriotic Nigerians like Dr. Akunyili, Dr Gulak etc in cold blood, Agitators won't burn down Lagos city targetting social infrastructures that provide succour to the poor like the ipob terrorost group members as shown in the pictures below remind us.

Only Asiwaju can protect Nigerians from violent terrorist groups like Ipob, Iswap, Boko haram etc. Experience is the name of the Game. Vote Asiwaju Tinubu for rule of law and protection of constitutional democracy.
check my signature for free stuffs!

193 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by bigdammyj: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
Noted.
Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Obi is fucking smart and intelligent to be compared with emi lokan. Every blessed day, Obi keep giving me 1001 reasons why I should vote for him.
Ever since election started, every other contestant has granted one interview or d other but somebody is hiding or shying away from d press House.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Sambaby7640: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
That's how it's supposed to be. Na only Buhari and maybe Tinubu/Atiku go dey dialogue with Terrorists causing pain and agony to the common citizens and nation at large. When they are dealt with with iron hand terrorism will soon be a thing of the past.

Nigeria go better.

Very soon.

But First PO for presidency.

Say NO to Those TWO WELL KNOWN THIEVES

Hope don dey for common Nigerians.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Massiveglory: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
I love this man. If you are normal, you just can't hate him.

35 Likes

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by BATified2023: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nigerians shine your eyes so later u won’t start hearing stories like

Nnamdi Kanu n his ipob group given amnesty with compensation of 40bn naira

Ipob must have market in all states in Nigeria

What people should understand is that there’s no difference between igbos n Fulani,the only thing is igbos lack power if they have the power they will do worse than Fulani

Imagine not having power n calling lagos no man’s land?
What do u think they will do when they have power?
Imagine not having power n they want to have eze in all states?
Imagine not having power n telling d just elected governor of osun state that they want 3 commissioners?

178 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by RichDad1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
As the Grand patron of Ipob terrorists that you are.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by GardenOfGod(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brilliant move... Man is intelligent.

OBI-DATTI for a new and better Nigeria

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by BATified2023: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Advocate500:
That is the right thing for any sensible leader to do, dialogue with people who have genuine reason to disagree with your government.
what is ipob reason for causing chaos?
What is their reason for killing security operatives?
What is their reason for making people sit at home every Monday against their will?

173 Likes 2 Shares

Apexmoh:
God bless u

It is obvious the main reason igbos want to be president is because they want to reward ipob n grant those terrorist amnesty

Imagine many of them here saying they want amnesty for ipob because Niger delta militants fighting for their right are given amnesty

It is crystal clear that since ipob failed with nnamdi kanu,they want to use peter obi their plan B for us

173 Likes

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by mystery22: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Our incoming president of nigeria has spoken,we the Nigerian youths are solidly behind you...
As for those devilish animals especially the vultures here supporting a Boko Haram patron may your life be like those lives they have destroyed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi by Period007(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
Good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

APC Names Abiola Ajimobi Acting National Chairman / APC Akara Spot Sighted In Edo State (Photo) / Governor Ambode At Rhapsody Restaurant And Lounge In Shoprite-Ikeja Mall (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.