Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits (6075 Views)

We Will Dialogue With IPOB, Others, Tinubu Assures / I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi / Daddy Showkey: Men Who Invaded The NDA Are Not Bandits But Mercenaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by CilicMarin: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2022
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), says he will dialogue with agitators if he becomes president.

Speaking on Wednesday when he was interviewed on Arise TV’s ‘Prime Time’, Obi said there is a need to restructure the country but added that constitutional restructuring will take time.

“We need to restructure the country, it is for the good of the country. It will be constitutional restructuring but that will take time. There’s one you need to deal with. You don’t need to wait for that kind of restructure before pulling people out of poverty,” he said.

“To deal with issues of security, you don’t need to wait for constitutional restructuring. Those ones will happen and it for the interests of the whole nation.”

Obi said he would not dictate to people as president, but will, instead, encourage dialogue and help society.

“For those who are agitating, and disagreeing, you first start by dialogue. No matter who they are, I will discuss with everybody so that you will know when to throw a line and say we’ve tried this and it’s not working,” he said.

When asked if he would dialogue with bandits, he said “they are not among people I will discuss with”.

Bandits are bandits, criminals are criminals. I’m going to deal with it decisively,” he said.

“Those who want to be discussed with will be discussed with. Those who are agitating, those who feel unhappy, my job is to bring them to the table.”

Political parties officially kicked off their campaigns on Wednesday, September 28, ahead of the 2023 general election.

Members of the LP kickstarted their campaign activities with a mega rally in Jos, the Plateau state capital.

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-as-president-id-dialogue-with-agitators-but-not-bandits/amp

9 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by CilicMarin: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2022
Useless Ethnic Bigot! Thank gods, you will never be the President of Nigeria.

30 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by baretalk: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2022
I know this man has a sinister agenda, are ipob not terrorists, they are because they carry out terrorists acts.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by oyin44: 10:35am On Sep 29, 2022
For obi's own eye, Ipob/esn are not terrorists

But Boko Haram fanatics are terrorists bah?

So, Obidient wants to dialogue with ipob terrorists cos he is from South East....... grin cheesy grin

Truly ,

Obi is coming for a retaliatory action against the north

Many northerners will be killed if he is elected

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by GardenOfGod(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2022
Very good....
“We need to restructure the country, it is for the good of the country. It will be constitutional restructuring but that will take time. There’s one you need to deal with. You don’t need to wait for that kind of restructure before pulling people out of poverty,” he said."
Meanwhile, APC is not interested in restructuring
Evil party.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Felimax(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2022
Too late sir!

Atiku has already started that, you were suppose to think about that before you went for presidency. Just yesterday scores of Soldiers were killed in your state and you think we are joking here.

You cannot give what you don't have. We can see through you.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by successmatters(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2022
Peter Obi never mentioned IPOB anywhere.

This desperate attempts to put words into Peter Obi mouth is dead on arrival.

We cannot be deceived.

We will vote for Peter Obi, and we are many.

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by GardenOfGod(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2022
Atiku recommended Obi for the job. grin grin
Felimax:
Too late sir!

Atiku has already started that, you were suppose to think about that before you go for presidency. Just yesterday scores of Soldiers were killed in your state and you think we are joking here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by CilicMarin: 10:40am On Sep 29, 2022
successmatters:
Peter Obi never mentioned IPOB anywhere.

This desperate attempts to put words into Peter Obi mouth is dead on arrival.

We cannot be deceived.

I will vote for Peter Obi.

What did he mention? You guys are so irritating and delusional.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by CaptainAyub: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:
Zombie oo zombie

31 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by successmatters(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:

Show us where he mentioned IPOB or walk away in shame.

Peter Obi is your next president so you should start now to get used to respecting him.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Amb1045(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2022
Agbadorians with there fake news

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by MasterJayJay: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2022
Felimax:
Too late sir!

Atiku has already started that, you were suppose to think about that before you go for presidency. Just yesterday scores of Soldiers were killed in your state and you think we are joking here.

It's ridiculous how your Messiah Buhari cannot save your northern region but Southeast is your migraine.

Why can't your Atiku save the north now?

Fact is that southeast is safer than north.

Terrorists are doing promo in northern Nigeria.

No where in southeast has 100 people being kidnapped in one fell swoop.

Hundreds kidnapped in Zamfara https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56188727

Another hundred + kidnapped in Abuja- Kaduna train
https://allafrica.com/stories/202203290061.html

Another hundred + kidnapped in Kaduna
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-57746049

Show me a news where hundreds of students were kidnapped in southeast and I will vote for Tinubu.

See terrorists killing hundreds in one fell swoop in Zamfara. https://punchng.com/how-zamfara-terrorists-invaded-our-villages-killed-over-200-burnt-houses-survivors/

According to your understanding blood is flowing in Igboland, while milk and honey are flowing in northern Nigeria.

PETER CHRYSOLOGUS words capture your personality.

"Hypocrisy is a subtle evil, a secret illness, a hidden poison; it is an adulteration of virtue and a worm that consumes sanctity. All things hostile mount their assault with their own strength, fight with their own arms, and attack openly.
They are guarded against as easily as they are seen.
Hypocrisy pretends to be free of danger, feigns prosperity, deceives carefully, and in its cruel craft lops off the virtues with virtue as its sword; it kills fasting by fasting, by praying it makes praying empty, and it.debases mercy by mercy.
Hypocrisy, like a fever, boils up within while being cold without. What dropsy is for the body, hypocrisy is for the soul.

14 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by pongwa(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:
Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), says he will dialogue with agitators if he becomes president.

Speaking on Wednesday when he was interviewed on Arise TV’s ‘Prime Time’, Obi said there is a need to restructure the country but added that constitutional restructuring will take time.

“We need to restructure the country, it is for the good of the country. It will be constitutional restructuring but that will take time. There’s one you need to deal with. You don’t need to wait for that kind of restructure before pulling people out of poverty,” he said.

“To deal with issues of security, you don’t need to wait for constitutional restructuring. Those ones will happen and it for the interests of the whole nation.”

Advertisement

Obi said he would not dictate to people as president, but will, instead, encourage dialogue and help society.

“For those who are agitating, and disagreeing, you first start by dialogue. No matter who they are, I will discuss with everybody so that you will know when to throw a line and say we’ve tried this and it’s not working,” he said.

When asked if he would dialogue with bandits, he said “they are not among people I will discuss with”.

Bandits are bandits, criminals are criminals. I’m going to deal with it decisively,” he said.

“Those who want to be discussed with will be discussed with. Those who are agitating, those who feel unhappy, my job is to bring them to the table.”

Political parties officially kicked off their campaigns on Wednesday, September 28, ahead of the 2023 general election.

Members of the LP kickstarted their campaign activities with a mega rally in Jos, the Plateau state capital.

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-as-president-id-dialogue-with-agitators-but-not-bandits/amp

Mynd44 lalasticlala
are you a bandit?

19 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Felimax(m): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2022
MasterJayJay:

It's ridiculous how your Messiah Buhari cannot save your northern region but Southeast is your migraine.

Show me a news where hundreds of students were kidnapped in southeast and I will vote for Tinubu.

See terrorists killing hundreds in one fell swoop in Zamfara. https://punchng.com/how-zamfara-terrorists-invaded-our-villages-killed-over-200-burnt-houses-survivors/

According to your understanding blood is flowing in Igboland, while milk and honey are flowing in northern Nigeria.

"Hypocrisy is a subtle evil, a secret illness, a hidden poison; it is an adulteration of virtue and a worm that consumes sanctity. All things hostile mount their assault with their own strength, fight with their own arms, and attack openly.
Hypocrisy pretends to be free of danger, feigns prosperity, deceives carefully, and in its cruel craft lops off the virtues with virtue as its sword; it kills fasting by fasting, by praying it makes praying empty, and it.debases mercy by mercy.
Hypocrisy, like a fever, boils up within while being cold without. What dropsy is for the body, hypocrisy is for the soul.

Rhetorics!

That does not makes your SouthEast a safe region. As it stands despite the insecurity in the North people still travel on a daily base regardless.
Why will your Mr Know it all and saint Obi negotiate with IPOB but not with Bandits? Is there something he is not telling us?

We can see through the smoke screen. We can!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by CilicMarin: 10:49am On Sep 29, 2022
successmatters:

Show us where he mentioned IPOB or walk away in shame.

Peter Obi is your next president so you should start now to get used to respecting him.

Next president of Agulu Town Union grin grin grin All these IPOB guys

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by kozmokaz(m): 10:51am On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:

Agitators!!!

Ipob
Oduduwa
Mend

Is boko haram agitators? Are bandits and cattle rustlers agitators? Are kidnappers agitators?

Try get sense !!!

18 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Owontime: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2022
Of course Peter Obi will dialogue with IPOB because he is an IPOB member and candidate but we will show the ugly monkey pepper at the appropriate time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by KEVIND: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2022
Dialogue with South East agitators, PDP leader tells FG
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/dialogue-with-south-east-agitators-pdp-leader-tells-fg/

What Peter Obi said is it different from what PDP have been saying?
Hypocrites!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by MasterJayJay: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2022
Felimax:

Rhetorics!

That does not makes your SouthEast a safe region. As it stands despite the insecurity in the North people still travel on a daily base regardless.
Why will your Mr Know it all and saint Obi negotiate with IPOB but not with Bandits? Is there something he is not telling us?

We can see through the smoke screen. We can!

It's a waste of time arguing with one that believes in delusion.

You only see delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by KEVIND: 10:54am On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:

Advertisement

Mynd44 lalasticlala

Mischievous & misleading headline.
The cable news you copied captioned their headline as:
Peter Obi: As president, I’d dialogue with agitators — but not bandits

But out of your mischief you changed the headline which read agitators to Ipob.
SMH.
Yoruba Nation canvasses & Ipob are all agitators.

6 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by adekolaelect(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Stop embarrassing yiurs of with too much stories without point. Tinubu comes from south west .pls tell me the region that is more peaceful than south west? Yet hatred for Tinubu had made you blind of reality.

37 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by drlateef: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2022
oyin44:
But Obidient wants to dialogue with ipob terrorists cos he is from South East....... wink cheesy grin

Truly ,

obituary is just coming to excute and promote ibo domination of Nigeria.

I am very happy that his brain will continue to fail him and he will reveal more of his dangerous plans due to his verbal diarrhoea. Everyone will leave Peter Obi before the next election except IPOB. Because he is their grand patron.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by MasterJayJay: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2022
adekolaelect:
Stop embarrassing yiurs of with too much stories without point. Tinubu comes from south west .pls tell me the region that is more peaceful than south west? Yet hatred for Tinubu had made you blind of reality.

And Tinubu stopped Owo massacre? Swerve!!

3 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Foolishbuhari: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:

Where did he mention IPOB? Show us and stop being stupid! The yoruba nation guys, are they not agitators?

4 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Foolishbuhari: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2022
drlateef:

I am very happy that his brain will continue to fail him and he will reveal more of his dangerous plans due to his verbal diarrhoea. Everyone will leave Peter Obi before the next election except IPOB. Because he is their grand patron.
Are the yoruba nation people- Sunday Igboho, IPOB people?

3 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Foolishbuhari: 11:05am On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:

Advertisement

Mynd44 lalasticlala

Twisting words and headers by mischief doesn't work anymore. Anyone would ordinarily know this, but foolish agbadoans.

1 Like

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by yemmit90: 11:08am On Sep 29, 2022
baretalk:
I know this man has a sinister agenda, are ipob not terrorists, they are because they carry out terrorists acts.

Obi is right, I will do the same if in his shoes.

IPOB are agitators that want Biafra nation, while bandits are simply criminals. It is only logical to negotiate with agitators instead of uses of force. Boko haram too is religion agitators( though irrational ones), and should be negotiate with.

2 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by baretalk: 11:11am On Sep 29, 2022
yemmit90:

Obi is right, I will do the same if in his shoes.

IPOB are agitators that want Biafra nation, while bandits are simply criminals. It is only logical to negotiate with agitators instead of uses of force. Boko haram too is religion agitators( though irrational ones), and should be negotiate with.
They are proscribed because they killed Nigerians and caused destruction, till today they are terrorizing old, young and all with sit at home order in igboland, if that's not terrorism, tell me what is. No sane country negotiate with terrorists, they deserve death. America, China, Japan all countries kill terrorists but Obi wants to release them because they are Igbo terrorists. Fools.

32 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by oyin44: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2022
drlateef:

l am surprised bro, For him to come out and be saying this kind of thing...

So ipob/esn are not terrorists

3 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by owobokiri(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2022
CilicMarin:

He will NEVER discuss with tribal mutants like you, who enter villages and empty them in the fight for ethnic superiority! It will NEVER happen!! Those of you that move around disemboweling pregnant women for fun because your cows were killed should be worried!
Go and cry more...
Agitators will be discussed with. If you feel the system is against you, come to the table. But if you want your fellow citizens dread because in your warped mindset, the who country is your feudal property, you will be met decisively with the ratatatatataa of the machine gun!!
Is that cream now?
Oponu!

6 Likes

Re: Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits by Achilles881: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2022
kozmokaz:

Agitators!!!

Ipob
Oduduwa
Mend

Is boko haram agitators? Are bandits and cattle rustlers agitators? Are kidnappers agitators?

Try get sense !!!

Bandits. are actually bandits and criminals

Meaning
Bandits: Robbers are sometimes called bandits, especially if they are found in areas where the rule of law has broken down.
This is real bandit country.

Synonyms: robber, gunman or woman, crook [informal], outlaw More Synonyms of bandit

All synonyms of bandits are criminal in discription, so obi is right

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

People Trekking From Mararaba/nyanya To Abuja In Order To Go To Work.(pics) / Have You Given Up On Nigeria? / Aregbesola - Governors Not Chief Security Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.