Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative (26887 Views)

Beneficiaries Of Tinubu/Shetima-NAIRAXI Transit Scheme Congratulate Bola Tinubu / 2023: Tinubu/Shettima-NAIRAXI Transit Card Opens Portal, Commence Registration / Commuters Commend Tinubu/shettima-Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by seunjungle1(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2022
How can we get it in Abuja now?
Jagaban all the way
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by seanwilliam(m): 9:13am On Sep 30, 2022
Acidosis:
NairaXi is a private initiative, like Uber and Bolt. As soon as the election is over, those cars would be withdrawn and riders would have to pay to use the cars. What's the noise about the wannabie Uber/Bolt business?

You want your life to be like Makoko ?
is that the part of Lagos you’re living ?
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by owagbeba: 9:14am On Sep 30, 2022
BornStoic:

Please be smart. Fuel subsidy is almost 6 trillion…that’s a six with a “T”. If we invest half of that on schemes like this Nigeria will be like Luxembourg

Well, not to act too smart, but I ask, how much will a free ride scheme cost around the whole country? Won’t such a subsidy gulp more the 6 trillion with a “T” annually?

———
One more, since the nation is running at a deficit, hence our need to borrow from vultures, how does another subsidy scheme help our finances?
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by MrUchenna1(m): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2022
Market moni rebranded
ALL ARE RELATIVES TO BRIBE
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by BornStoic: 9:18am On Sep 30, 2022
owagbeba:

Well, not to act too smart, but I ask, how much will a free ride scheme cost around the whole country? Won’t such a subsidy gulp more the 6 trillion with a “T” annually?

I love your humility. For starters scheme that focus on “MASS MOBILITY” of people and shared mobility for private individuals tend to drastically reduce operational cost. One bus can move over 1000 passengers in a day which invariably reduces the number of cars needed and greenhouse effect.

For shared mobility it’s the same. Imagine how much the likes of Uber and Bolt are siphoning from our economy. If we can retain that in Nigeria we are talking about trillions and jobs for our teeming youth population.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by MaxNdu: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2022
Nasreports77:
REACTIONS TRAIL TINUBU/SHETTIMA NAIRAXI TRANSIT CARD INITIATIVE

Supporters of various political parties in Nigeria have reacted to the recently launched Tinubu-Shettima NAIRAXI Transit Card Initiative, which was introduced to tame the high cost of road transportation in the country. The Tinubu/Shetima-NAIRAXI Transit Card initiative is currently assisting alot of Nigerians through free and subsidized transportation cost, although attracting several criticisms from Nigerians and majorly supporters of Labour Party, Peoples Democratic Party and other political parties on the social media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FSWYT0HCN4

While observing the comment session, several twitter users including David Hundeyin's tweet was noticed. Some tweets include @sunday_phemy's tweet, which reads "this is a taste of how governance will be simplified under BAT. They are busy cooking their lies and insults while Tinubu is busy strategizing on how he will govern well"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J-6wsSt5qQ

Another @Bode Maxwell tweets,"These people are just bringing the bird out of their pockets. By the time they are done you'll realize there was never a contest in the first place. May Tinubu/Shettima succeed"

@Shewn also tweeted "We will enjoy and still vote them. If a presidential ticket can come up with this innovative idea for their campaign then I am sure they have more to offer than the normal politicians who eat roasted corn on the street with d masses".

@Chlorpheniramine, who shared different viewed explained that Tinubu and Shettima has introduced NAIRAXI Transit Card aimed at providing free transport for Nigerians. Another tweet reads "Why now? This man is desperate. He can gift every Nigerian a brand new car just to get to Aso rock & gain billion fold when he gets there. Let's resist him. He doesn't mean well".

David Hundeyin who is a renowned Twitter handler had also criticised the initiative stating that it is an initiative targeted at vote buying during the coming presidential polls. However, Otegbeye Bankole tweet explained that "it will be more productive to battle with social intervention ideas. Once again, I do not consider BAT Nairaxi idea as vote buying as my good comrades like @davidhundeyin may; instead I congratulate BAT for the noble step but impractical step".

Ethelpaul, who also shared different view on the initiative noted that there is nothing like vote buying here. This is election period and they have come up with a nice plan to get votes it is left for us to campaign hard and Bring a good plan too.Not always crying. LP is now bigger than always crying on everything APC or PDP do.

"Wow, this is commendable. Although some blind folks will not see this as good development....but as always Egbon..Aye o f'eni f'oro àfi Ori ení... The election period is always guiding, don't lose guard at all", reads @Okeanthonyolaide said.

The original DAN-AREWA's tweet reads" Pls we need such improvements in kano those who are responsible in executing it should do it pls as soon as possible considering the situation of Kano State tricycle where banned/no more okada immediately when it's exactly 10pm thanks."

Irefin Adewale also noted that this is good but we need to see the sustainability strategies. It must go beyond campaign. APC positive, progressive CHANGE. This and many more are the reactions of Nigerians noticed on the social media on the self sustaining program of Tinubu/Shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative.

[b]Since giving Naira on election day may not work anymore, this group have resorted to another subtle election bride - providing free Taxi ride. What a way to weaponise poverty and keep the poor in perpetual captivity.
Those who are quick to shout "what a great idea" have not sat back to ask the simple questions, "where is the money for such gift coming from" and how sustainable is such an initiative"? Or is this just for the election?
"They give you bread for a few days and steal your future for the rest of your life" - The perfect Almajiri Mentality
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by jclassiq(m): 9:22am On Sep 30, 2022
His desperation stinks to high heavens. He is very calculative quite alright. It doesn't mean he has noble intentions for the people.

This is a Greek gift! But as usual, i see some Id**ts already foaming in the mouth, singing praises.

The silly mistakes we keep repeating by way of choosing wrong self-serving leaders, we will keep facing the dire consequences together.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by Directorflexx: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2022
Watch This Amazing Comedy Skit Titled “Road To Success” Very Funny grin

Please subscribe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2rUuTb3uc?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by deeva2: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2022
Tinubu na obi father when it comes to naija politics and strategist...

Naija politics no be by giving fake analysis or telling one religion to take back their country..
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by omooba969(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2022
No one is asking of the sustainability of this scheme, I mean the long-term plan.

Our politicians wrecked the education sector so that the masses wouldn't have the knowledge to discern.

Sorry state really! grin
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by israelmao(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2022
oyin44:
This is a brilliant idea coming from tinubu

Atiku and obi have no idea of what it takes to be a president....

And if they do ....why did they have to wait for tinubu to initiate this first?

Tinubu is far better....
This brilliant idea was tucked away for more than 7years of APC administration only to surface during another election campaign.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by owagbeba: 9:37am On Sep 30, 2022
BornStoic:

I love your humility. For starters scheme that focus on “MASS MOBILITY” of people and shared mobility for private individuals tend to drastically reduce operational cost. One bus can move over 1000 passengers in a day which invariably reduces the number of cars needed and greenhouse effect.

For shared mobility it’s the same. Imagine how much the likes of Uber and Bolt are siphoning from our economy. If we can retain that in Nigeria we are talking about trillions and jobs for our teeming youth population.

Well, I guess you missed this part of my question:

One more, since the nation is running at a deficit, hence our need to borrow from vultures, how does another subsidy scheme help our finances?

I ask again, How does free ride and rebranded subsidy solve our deficit problem?
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by omooba969(m): 9:37am On Sep 30, 2022
deeva2:
Tinubu na obi father when it comes to naija politics and strategist...

Naija politics no be by giving fake analysis or telling one religion to take back their country..

I remember that Peter Obi would always ask you guys to 'go and verify', have you ever done your due diligence?

It makes sense to prove PO wrong.

Stop riding the horse of ignorance.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by BornStoic: 9:39am On Sep 30, 2022
jclassiq:
His desperation stinks to high heavens. He is very calculative quite alright. It doesn't mean he has noble intentions for the people.

This is a Greek gift! But as usual, i see some Id**ts already foaming in the mouth, singing praises.

The silly mistakes we keep repeating by way of choosing wrong self-serving leaders, we will keep facing the dire consequences together.

Be objective for once. Will this benefit people? Answer is Yes. I am sure no one will force you to vote any candidate.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2022
Jagaban, that man with his brain shall, how I wish the man is till young I would have voted for him, he is very good when it comes to politics planning
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by BornStoic: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2022
owagbeba:

Well, I guess you missed this part of my question:

I ask again, How does free ride and rebranded subsidy solve our deficit problem?

From empirical data, Fuel subsidy benefits the rich. Diesel and Aviation Fuel is deregulated. For example let’s say the government procures buses and taxis through initiatives like this and hand it over to credible operators to run and the total cost for one year is 3 trillion, while subsidies that has no real-time data cost 6 trillion. As a leader which route will you take ?

That’s the Genius of BAT. Give kudos to whom it’s due irrespective of political ideology
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by Bfly: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2022
Tinubu is initiative, No doubt about that.

I hope he improves on it as a scheme to subsidise cost of transportation if finally elected. Anything contrary to this after the election would only make this a gimmick. Aswell as a mockery to struggling masses.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by deeva2: 9:51am On Sep 30, 2022
omooba969:

I remember that Peter Obi would always ask you guys to 'go and verify', have you ever done your due diligence?

It makes sense to prove PO wrong.

Stop riding the horse of ignorance.

Nigerians verified before giving him the king of lies.

Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by LegacyB: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2022
Strongdickfresh:
Take the card, enter the taxi but vote wisely.

Make sure you vote Peter Obi/Labour party.

If Tinubu/APC give you money, gladly take the money but vote for Peter Obi/Labour Party.

VOTE FOR PETER OBI/LABOUR PARTY
No be juju be that? Hahaaha , that called fraud joor .
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by Britishpea: 9:57am On Sep 30, 2022
Let their candidates launch their own. It is simple. Promassidor was launched in the early 1993 by MKO Abiola had campaigned that he would make every household buy milk at #5. People were wondering how he was going to do it. Boom man started promassidor and their first product was cowbell milk.

That’s a business idea borne out of campaign promises. Today, promassidor is still one of the companies hiring and giving employments thus putting food on the tables of so many, maybe including your father or mother.
Not all things should be politics. We should see good in some initiatives. This is to tell us the difference between thinking out of the box and some candidates who believe in granting interviews like a woman whose husband had just left looking for clout chasing, or another one who’s sitting somewhere happy because some inconsequential me members are decamping to his party.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by Okhuadams(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2022
Nasreports77:
REACTIONS TRAIL TINUBU/SHETTIMA NAIRAXI TRANSIT CARD INITIATIVE

Supporters of various political parties in Nigeria have reacted to the recently launched Tinubu-Shettima NAIRAXI Transit Card Initiative, which was introduced to tame the high cost of road transportation in the country. The Tinubu/Shetima-NAIRAXI Transit Card initiative is currently assisting alot of Nigerians through free and subsidized transportation cost, although attracting several criticisms from Nigerians and majorly supporters of Labour Party, Peoples Democratic Party and other political parties on the social media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FSWYT0HCN4

While observing the comment session, several twitter users including David Hundeyin's tweet was noticed. Some tweets include @sunday_phemy's tweet, which reads "this is a taste of how governance will be simplified under BAT. They are busy cooking their lies and insults while Tinubu is busy strategizing on how he will govern well"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J-6wsSt5qQ

Another @Bode Maxwell tweets,"These people are just bringing the bird out of their pockets. By the time they are done you'll realize there was never a contest in the first place. May Tinubu/Shettima succeed"

@Shewn also tweeted "We will enjoy and still vote them. If a presidential ticket can come up with this innovative idea for their campaign then I am sure they have more to offer than the normal politicians who eat roasted corn on the street with d masses".

@Chlorpheniramine, who shared different viewed explained that Tinubu and Shettima has introduced NAIRAXI Transit Card aimed at providing free transport for Nigerians. Another tweet reads "Why now? This man is desperate. He can gift every Nigerian a brand new car just to get to Aso rock & gain billion fold when he gets there. Let's resist him. He doesn't mean well".

David Hundeyin who is a renowned Twitter handler had also criticised the initiative stating that it is an initiative targeted at vote buying during the coming presidential polls. However, Otegbeye Bankole tweet explained that "it will be more productive to battle with social intervention ideas. Once again, I do not consider BAT Nairaxi idea as vote buying as my good comrades like @davidhundeyin may; instead I congratulate BAT for the noble step but impractical step".

Ethelpaul, who also shared different view on the initiative noted that there is nothing like vote buying here. This is election period and they have come up with a nice plan to get votes it is left for us to campaign hard and Bring a good plan too.Not always crying. LP is now bigger than always crying on everything APC or PDP do.

"Wow, this is commendable. Although some blind folks will not see this as good development....but as always Egbon..Aye o f'eni f'oro àfi Ori ení... The election period is always guiding, don't lose guard at all", reads @Okeanthonyolaide said.

The original DAN-AREWA's tweet reads" Pls we need such improvements in kano those who are responsible in executing it should do it pls as soon as possible considering the situation of Kano State tricycle where banned/no more okada immediately when it's exactly 10pm thanks."

Irefin Adewale also noted that this is good but we need to see the sustainability strategies. It must go beyond campaign. APC positive, progressive CHANGE. This and many more are the reactions of Nigerians noticed on the social media on the self sustaining program of Tinubu/Shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative.
I see many self acclaimed obidients and the atikulated rushing in to cash out especially the obidients. If they are true to themselves let them reject it, they will collect and still claim to be saint are they different. Both the buyer and seller of a stolen item are guilty. Obidients indeed when they are disobedient to thereselves and mind
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by ChukwuObe: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2022
9jahotblog:
Na big scam here, no be Nigeria we dey niii, don’t let anyone cajoled you with scam schemes oooo . As tradermoni they started some years ago lift Nigerians abi traders from poverty level niii. APC has failed woefully in governance. Clueless drug baron Tinubu is a clueless treasury looter and destiny killers. Ole jati jati. Tinubu tun ma lule piii Lekan siii niiii.

Do we know why Peter Obi is visiting every dick and harry now because of the election? To you and your foolish likes, that is not a big scam? Petere Obi never visited any other church aparty from Catholics even when he was governor of Anambra. But now that election is coming, he is busy visiting every church including the Petntecostals that he hates with passion just because of election and your brain never tells you that, that is a big scam? Now I know why it was very easy for Kanu the terrorist to deceive you and your family, telling you that Buhari was dead and the man in Aso rock is Jibrin from Sudan and you all swallowed it hook, line and sinker. What a foolish and dummy generation!
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by crusufixo(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2022
oyin44:
This is a brilliant idea coming from tinubu

Atiku and obi have no idea of what it takes to be a president....

And if they do ....why did they have to wait for tinubu to initiate this first?

Tinubu is far better....

Bro, dont be fooled by this gesture. If he had the interest of the nation , why did he not do this way before now. Why now ? This are all part of their theatrics of making promises before election and then not keeping them when voted in. This is an upgraded version.
In as much as it's a nice gesture, I am not going to fall it.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by k2money(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2022
Strongdickfresh:
Take the card, enter the taxi but vote wisely.

Make sure you vote Peter Obi/Labour party.

If Tinubu/APC give you money, gladly take the money but vote for Peter Obi/Labour Party.

VOTE FOR PETER OBI/LABOUR PARTY
Please give me a reason to vote him
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by baretalk: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2022
Tinubu has always been helping people, a man with a large heart. We don't need a shishi austerity ipob bigot president obi. We need jagaban so everywhere stew.
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by ChukwuObe: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2022
jclassiq:

Really? Do we know why Peter Obi is visiting every dick and harry now because of the election? To you and your foolish likes, that is not a desperation or big scam? Petere Obi never visited any other church aparty from Catholics even when he was governor of Anambra. But now that election is coming, he is busy visiting every church including the Petntecostals that he hates with passion just because of election and your brain never tells you that, that is a desperation? Now I know why it was very easy for Kanu the terrorist to deceive you and your family, telling you that Buhari was dead and the man in Aso rock is Jibrin from Sudan and you all swallowed it hook, line and sinker. What a foolish and dummy generation!
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by ChukwuObe: 10:11am On Sep 30, 2022
crusufixo:

Bro, dont be fooled by this gesture. If he had the interest of the nation , why did he not do this way before now. Why now ? This are all part of their theatrics of making promises before election and then not keeping them when voted in. This is an upgraded version.

Really? But have you also asked yourself if Obi has the interest of the nation at heart and that why did ho not do it before now when is visiting every dick and harry now because of the election? To you and your foolish likes, that is not a desperation or big scam? Petere Obi never visited any other church aparty from Catholics even when he was governor of Anambra. But now that election is coming, he is busy visiting every church including the Petntecostals that he hates with passion just because of election and your brain never tells you that, that is a desperation? So has he not been doing that before now? Now I know why it was very easy for Kanu the terrorist to deceive you and your family, telling you that Buhari was dead and the man in Aso rock is Jibrin from Sudan and you all swallowed it hook, line and sinker. What a foolish and dummy generation!
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by BornStoic: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2022
crusufixo:

Did he occupy any public office? Since the last 7 years? Now it is his turn and he is showing you his abilities. Commend it!
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by TopFoods: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2022
You Can Now Sponsor The Production of Branded Food Packs For Your Favorite Candidate

TOPFOODS PROCESSING COMPANY LTD now has the capacity to produce branded rice packs for political campaigns and other purposes.

With any political campaign season, staffers and organizers are constantly seeking new ideas and tactics to get ahead of competitors in the race. Promotional products are always a big win with crowds — especially those that can gain traction and get recognition as people go about their daily lives. Branded food items, distributed free to the poor and vulnerable, who represent a large percentage of the voting population, is one of those tactics popularly used in gaining the admiration of the voting population.

With the high rise of the cost of food products across the country, many people are finding it difficult to buy food. The poor and vulnerable are especially affected by this trend, and many of them rely on the help they receive from other people to be able to feed their families.

We have made it easy for you to sponsor the production of this branded food packs in behalf of your favorite candidate in the upcoming elections

As shown in the photo samples below, the branded food pack will carry the picture of your favorite candidate, the logo of the political party he/she represents and a ”VOTE” symbol encouraging people to vote for the candidate. Additionally, as the sponsor, the pack will also carry your picture and/or Logo of your organization. It will also carry your name and/or organization name, and your contact details.

If you are interested in sponsoring the production of the branded rice packs or any other branded food item, please visit our webpage below to learn more or reach out to us via any of the channels below:

Webpage: https://topfoods.com.ng/branded-rice-packs/
WhatsApp: 09097085685
Email: business@topfoods.com.ng
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by oyin44: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2022
crusufixo:

you praise tinubu just now ..you said in as much as it is a nice gesture...means that you urself know it is a good idea...

This is what Nigerians want (ideas ) not just talking as obi and atiku are doing...

Action not just talking as buhari did to us
Re: Reactions Trail Tinubu/shettima Nairaxi Transit Card Initiative by GardenOfGod(m): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2022
Pauldollars:
@davidhundeyin may; instead I congratulate BAT for the noble step but impractical step".
That naira nonsense will end up like this dude grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LASG Reacts To Shooting By Thugs In Surulere / SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.