Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? (5754 Views)

Never Marry A Woman Who Is Addicted To Visiting Prophets: Nigerian Pastor Warns / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Aderewah: 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
Igbos marry themselves and if they marry outside, it’ll be outside or a beautiful Yoruba woman or otherwise a Yoruba demon. But Igbos never marry Hausa. Is it discrimination or something else?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Authority1o1(m): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
Okay...

Igbos are very religious people and Christianity has become ingrained in them.

It's plausible to say that their men marry the beautiful, respectful Christians among Yorubas, as much as they effortlessly marry Efiks, Ibibios and from some other non-Igbo places. Their women are no exception.

However, this is an assumption you're making because there are Igbos married to Middle-Beltern/North Central people who are ethnic Hausas.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by heniford2: 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Whose the person that typed this thing here grin Who?

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by gambojimeta: 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Aderewah:
Igbos marry themselves and if they marry outside, it’ll be outside or a beautiful Yoruba woman or otherwise a Yoruba demon. But Igbos never marry Hausa. Is it discrimination or something else?
They do but very rare. Most times it's because of religion. Igbos are predominantly Christians unlike the Yorubas.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by deadkamalu: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
My maternal grandmum is Fulani and I am Igbo.

31 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by CASTOSVILLA(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nearly got entangled with an arewa babe but I sharply retraced. I reasoned her killing me one day because of jihad.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Osobi32(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
And who told u that? I know a man in my village who is married to an Hausa woman and they have grown up kids. Infact u won't even know she's Hausa until u get close and see her tribal marks

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Christistruth00: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
Mariam Babangida was from Asaba

Marwa’s wife was from Imo State

Gen Nwachukwu’s mother was the Emir Of Katsina’s daughter

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by duro4chang(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2022
But Igbo ladies marry Hausa . During NYSC see how Hausa men bleep ladies from the south. Chai!

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Newfoundlove: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
Hausa too like fvck fvck

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by lexylaw40: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Igbos are very religious people and Christianity has become ingrained in them.

It's plausible to say that their men marry the beautiful, respectful Christians among Yorubas, as much as they effortlessly marry Efiks, Ibibios and from some other non-Igbo places. Their women are no exception.

However, this is an assumption you're making because there are Igbos married to Middle-Beltern/North Central people who are ethnic Hausas.
this is not about religion it's pure ethnic fobia they fear the north. Almost all Igbos still have their gods they pray to in their backyard. Just go to their villages and you'll see. Igbos love luxury life style which they can only find in Yoruba land

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Innocentman86: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
Igbos marry northerners.eg
One of atikus wife is Igbo.and atiku is a fulani man.
But if you say they hardly marry we Yoruba Muslimns them I agree with you.except you are very rich as a Yoruba man that an igbo lady will marry you and when Igbo man wants to marry Yoruba women they go for the most bueatiful and neat once.
An igbo man rejected my younger sister even though she is a Yoruba Christian on her wedding day saying she fart or mess too much and don't wash her pant.
Sincerely I don't blame the rich Igbo man as I have told my sister's and cousins to always wash their pant and stop to mess every time after eating Amala but they refuse.sometimes I even leave the house for them when these girls start mess competition after eaten gbekiri,beans,moi moi and Amala.
It was such a disgraceful day in my family and because of how that Igbo man disgrace us,I know Peter obi is good but I won't vote for him.
I m voting for the sick corrupt emiolokan.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by nabiz(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2022
younger brother( police man) marry Hausa. My mum infact my entire family love her more than my wife. She is a funny type. Any Christmas celebration without her will be boring. You can't stop laughing anytime she want to speak Igbo. My mum calls her Nkem which means my own

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by RZArecta(m): 2:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
Atiku as an example married an Igbo woman. Op is a useless tribal bigot and a liar. Tell us where agbado master or his primary school certificate is cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by lexylaw40: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
RZArecta:
Atiku as an example married an Igbo woman. Op is a useless tribal bigot and a liar. Tell us where agbado master or his primary school certificate is cool
shebi Peter Obi also married a Hausa lady
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Allison012: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
Will like to marry a hausa girl but am afraid of their jihad issue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Lionnation: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:
Mariam Babangida was from Asaba

Marwa’s wife was from Imo State

Gen Nwachukwu’s mother was the Emir Of Katsina’s daughter
he talking about men, a woman needs husband can marry anybody with money,
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Tomek09(m): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2022
duro4chang:
But Igbo ladies marry Hausa . During NYSC see how Hausa men bleep ladies from the south. Chai!
Those Hausa guys like women so much. They can even eat pants if care is not taken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Tomek09(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
lexylaw40:
shebi Peter Obi also married a Hausa lady
Peter Obi's wife is from AkwaIbom/CrossRiver. She's Efik.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by tishbite42: 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lionnation:
So Gen. Nwachukwu's father is a woman abi?!
Ebitu Ukiwe is married to Hausa-Lebanese.
Nduka-Eze married to Fulani
They are many.
Funny thing is that the Muslim women are the ones who will want you to switch to Islam. Failure to do so, marriage talk don collapse.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Earthstorms(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
I think it has to do with religion.

Will a Muslim Hausa girl agree to marry an Ibo christian man? Even if she agrees, will her family agree?

Moreover there is the fear that marrying a Hausa or Fulani girl might bring terrorist inlaws into your home. Why take the risk when there are millions of other women to choose from?

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by richie240: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
Aderewah:
It's a misnomer for an igbo to marry outside igboland except if d party concerned is an osu who won't see an nwafor to marry him/her.

When u see an igbo marry outside igboland, at least 7 out of 10, the person is an osu.

Peter obi, the psquare trio (including their bloda - Jude) etc.

Igbos are tribal like that!
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by goziem1982(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
1. Religion, can a Muslim girl leave Islamic for Christianity? most of them would want you to leave your religion for theirs which most Igbo men cannot do no matter their love for you. They believe they are the head of the family.

2. The time it takes to convince the ladies family, most Igbo men don't have such time so they move on.

3.Distance and fear of difference in believes, would two of you be able to unite in believes. An Igbo man can adjust himself to accommodate but can an Hausa lady do the same knowing how much they hold on to their religion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Christistruth00: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lionnation:

Gen Nwachukwu’s Father was a man
Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by adekolaelect(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
goziem1982:
1. Religion, can a Muslim girl leave Islamic for Christianity? most of them would want you to leave your religion for theirs which most Igbo men cannot do no matter their love for you. They believe they are the head of the family.

2. The time it takes to convince the ladies family, most Igbo men don't have such time so they move on.

3.Distance and fear of difference in believes, would two of you be able to unite in believes. An Igbo man can adjust himself to accommodate but can an Hausa lady do the same knowing how much they hold on to their religion.
Both are Ethnicity and Religions Intolerance if you know you know that is why Ahusas no get plenty Christian's and Igbos too no get little Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Aderewah: 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
BurgundyBlue:
truth is that Igbo people are very neat people and most of them perceived and considered the other two tribes I won't be able to mention "dirty"....my Dad na Yoruba and Mom Igbo and I've stayed in pH and aba....if you lived with the Igbos you will notice what I typed up there...

MEANWHILE CHECK MY SIGGY

HUNDRED PERCENT REAL!!!

Ibos in aba have mind to call someone dirty? Ibo in Aba are clean? Jokes on you

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Savagr(m): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
richie240:

It's a misnomer for an igbo to marry outside igboland except if d party concerned is an osu who won't see an nwafor to marry him/her.

When u see an igbo marry outside igboland, 9 out of 10, the person is an osu.

Peter obi, the psquare trio (including their bloda - Jude) etc.

Igbos are tribal like that!
cool
OGA stop misinforming people please

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Okwyjesus(m): 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
Aderewah:

Hijab ladies hardly marry non Moslem.

I think they can easily marry christian northerners than the hijab ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by Paulheyman: 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
Urchin dey do tribal campaign. Continue!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by spagettiluv: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
Innocentman86:
Igbos marry northerners.eg
One of atikus wife is Igbo.and atiku is a fulani man.
But if you say they hardly marry we Yoruba Muslimns them I agree with you.except you are very rich as a Yoruba man that an igbo lady will marry you and when Igbo man wants to marry Yoruba women they go for the most bueatiful and neat once.
An igbo man rejected my younger sister even though she is a Yoruba Christian on her wedding day saying she fart or mess too much and don't wash her pant.
Sincerely I don't blame the rich Igbo man as I have told my sister's and cousins to always wash their pant and stop to mess every time after eating Amala but they refuse.sometimes I even leave the house for them when these girls start mess competition after eaten gbekiri,beans,moi moi and Amala.
It was such a disgraceful day in my family and because of how that Igbo man disgrace us,I know Peter obi is good but I won't vote for him.
I m voting for the sick corrupt emiolokan.
just check out all rubbish comments you have been posting here.
Fellow men like you are out there making millions in the street while a lowlife like you busy fooling yourself on social media without no gain
I weep for those who gave birth to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Never Marry Hausa? by ASAPFERG1: 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
Hausa and igbo are terrorists
Ipob and iswap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Keeps Ex Boyfriend Phone Number / My Boyfriend Left Me / Please Help A Husband And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.